• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Discontinued: Pokémon: LIFE Version

What is you favorite season? (From the 5th generation games)

• Spring

Votes: 114 20.8%
  • Summer

Votes: 106 19.3%
  • Autumn

Votes: 169 30.8%
  • Winter

Votes: 227 41.3%

• Total voters

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
  • I've played the first beta and I think it's very cool. That being said I do have a few points to bring up!

Firstly, as FBI said, the grass animation is pretty noticeable. I also think that the uber detailed battle backgrounds look kind of strange when they slide into a Pokemon battle.

Secondly, some of the grammar is a bit spotty in places, I totally get that, just saying I'd look around and do some double checking. The father's speech towards you has a few from memory, as does Benga when he steals your Pokemon. Some of the NPC speech is a bit bland as well.

Thirdly, the mailman being so actively involved in your life seems kind of strange. Also I'm not so sure about leaving the Pokeballs lying around in your room, I think it would be better for your Dad to give you the Pokedex, and for you to just start with the running shoes. I do like that you have to pick up Flabebe's empty Pokeball though!

Fourthly, Pokemon Sprites. I think they need to be more consistent. I really appreciate you using my Sugimori sprites for a few pokemon like Pidgey, but those palettes that I've made don't really fit well with some of the other DS-style palettes you've used for Pokemon like Pikachu. Also Flabebe using a 5th gen style backsprite is kind of jarring. I'd really just pick one style that you want to use and stick to it for all your sprites.

Those were the main things I wanted to bring up, overall I think it's really good, but I'd definitely think about the things I've brought up.

itsSacred

Sly and Strong like a Blaziken
    Years
  • I started playing but I only had a few minutes.

I don't know if its a bug but after my Pokemon was stolen I didn't notice the hidden grotto, and I went back to my house. After I walked through I was transported to Ciatabba.
    Pokémon: LIFE Version

Dionen

deprived of sleep
    Years
  • I started playing but I only had a few minutes.

I don't know if its a bug but after my Pokemon was stolen I didn't notice the hidden grotto, and I went back to my house. After I walked through I was transported to Ciatabba.
    Pokémon: LIFE Version

oh jesus, I fix one and bug other
    best hacker mongolia

edit: fixed!, download link in the first post.

Dionen

deprived of sleep
    Years
  • Any reason why it stops working pre start menu on psp gba emu?
    is pre start menu the "continue/new game" scene?
    if it is I do not know yet

It's really late by now over here, and I've got stuff to do tomorrow.
    Some quick fixes were done today, which I kinda expected because there is always something that just pass by. I didn't ask for like 10 people to test it, so it is not perfect yet. But it is an alpha version, so I appreciate your understanding.
    I'll reply everyone's feedback tomorrow, together with more hot-fixes, if needed.

I really appreciate your feedback!

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    is pre start menu the "continue/new game" scene?
    if it is I do not know yet

It's really late by now over here, and I've got stuff to do tomorrow.
    Some quick fixes were done today, which I kinda expected because there is always something that just pass by. I didn't ask for like 10 people to test it, so it is not perfect yet. But it is an alpha version, so I appreciate your understanding.
    I'll reply everyone's feedback tomorrow, together with more hot-fixes, if needed.

I really appreciate your feedback!

Yea the New/Load Game menu. I can't really think of why it'd work on pc emu, but no psp. Weird. Goodnight.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2020
    help i cant save
    it keeps saying save error pls change save battey.
    plz link me a normal fire red rom link
    where there is no save prob.
    Im using gameboid android emulator.

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2016
    Do you remember me?
    I'm the guy that transfer your updates to Chinese forum.
    They felt surprised after saw your mapping and they all looking forward on your the latest vision.
    May I transfer your download link to them? So that they can test it together.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    I don't know if this is a bug or not
    but I caught Ralts and it has physic and dark type.. Did you change it intentionally?
    I caught 3 of them but they have same types.
    Also they have random ability such as Rock Head and Swim Swift.
    I just wonder if they are bugs...

But I love you hack! best hack I ever I had played!! :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    what I noticed after the Alpha

WHen u talk to the pikachu while Lola is dressing it the game freezes
    u have the forest background during battle inside the ship

some Feedbacks.

amazingly mapped out, pazzing is quite right, FInal Fantasy feeling (after u die u will be send to the title screen).
    no unecessary moments, (but I wished to be able to choose starter. maybe it will come out in the future).

Also what I liked to ask is if u extend the Pokedex or just replace the pokemons for other ones?

I enjoyed it really much and look forward to the beta.

Years
  • Wow cool tht was fast update there.. BTW just played the alpha.. I really enjoyed it.. Found a bug . dunno if someone else has reported.. Fairy type ralts took super effective damage from fairy move and also clefairy took super effective damage from grass move.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2021
    I noticed a small tile error right after the start:
    Spoiler:

Also the says that the attack growth sharply roses both the spa and atk (so +2 instaed of +1 like in the original), is this intentional?

Other than that i played that game for 50 min and looked really interesting so far, great job! the graphics are tozally awesome!

/edit the img above doesnt work somehow so here the link: https://imgur.com/kwMQ8hm

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    Wow cool tht was fast update there.. BTW just played the alpha.. I really enjoyed it.. Found a bug . dunno if someone else has reported.. Fairy type ralts took super effective damage from fairy move and also clefairy took super effective damage from grass move.

The Ralts thing is because Ralts is a Psychic-Dark type in this game. Also Deus, WHY U MAKE RALTS BAD? ;__;

And about those bugs, i found another big one. If you go to the dock of the ship, and go back before boarding the ship, you can't get back on the ship meaning you are stuck.
    And here are some minor ones, there is a messed up sign at the top of Gogoat mountain, and when you enter the SS. Enna it still says SS. Anne. And the TV on the ship is a town map for some reason. And to the right of the basement door on SS Enna there is an invisible bookcase, spooky! Also in the basement, you can stand on the walls in the left corner. And if you talk to one of Wallaces fans it refers to her as a he. Either that is an oversight or sadly the most progressive thing i have seen in a Pokemon ROM hack.

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2020
    Okay I found a bug.
    When you have to go to ride the Gogoat to meet your father (which I didn't know) so I went back to my house. On the way back, I got stopped by a text from the mailsman saying that I didn't meet my father and he's waiting for me but instead pushing me back to my old track, it pushed me back to where I am heading and I can't return to the Gogoat Ranch.

Back