• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
  • Adding in the final touches to kanto :P. theres still a few bits to do as im thinking of new stuff all the time.

just to say if people are expecting the battle tower in this release then im sorry xd. it will be in the release after. aka beta 3. same with the bug contest :P

link

Feraligatr master

Im British you know!
    Years
  • Well i can't wait to play the next beta however i was wondering, do you have any plans to make a harder version i.e. higher level trainer pokes and wild pokemon etc. I really do think it would be quite an addition to such a great game.

linkandzelda

Years
  • thanks guys. i was actully thinking of an option to have a second playthrough where the trainers and events get much harder :P you'd get to keep all your pokemon and items and there would be extras too.

its just an idea but i think it sounds quite good. it wouldnt effect wild pokemon though.
    if that isnt so good then i'll make an x version probably.

link

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2009
    THATS A SICK IDEA!!
    Making it like an x version is perfect :D (for those who don't wanna play through again).

btw, will the place where you battle Red be implented??

linkandzelda

Years
  • THATS A SICK IDEA!!
    Making it like an x version is perfect :D (for those who don't wanna play through again).

btw, will the place where you battle Red be implented??

so i should have the option to play the x version? in the normal rom when you start? or you play through normal version then at the end you get asked if you want to play through it again on the x version?

i decided to leave the epic battle with red out... the most important battle in gsc............ i dont think so LOL. of course its in. i loved that battle xd.

link

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2009
    so i should have the option to play the x version? in the normal rom when you start? or you play through normal version then at the end you get asked if you want to play through it again on the x version?

i decided to leave the epic battle with red out... the most important battle in gsc............ i dont think so LOL. of course its in. i loved that battle xd.

link
    I'd say put the option at the end, cause people might think no at the start, then half way through the game they reconsider and spaz :)

and it is an epic battle :P

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2009
    Wanted to say this is a great hack and i love the way it plays. As you know there are a few glitches il probly restate a few but im gona name a couple i found that caused me problems. On a side note chicorita was my starter. Its stated yoru rival on victory road frezzes you sending out his starter happend with his kadabra for me. the other idk if its been stated. Sighn in olivine freezes you the one by the ocean wher eyou will probly leave to deford. In the aqua hide out in the dragons den 2 or 3 items froze me. There was a set of stairs in the hide out as well i beleive theres a fork some where in there and if you go down the right stair case [may have been left its the one thats a dead end] you cant go back up. Great game again sorry for grammarical mistakes and reposting glitches that are likely stated already. Great game though.

linkandzelda

Years
  • thanks guys and yea those bugs i knew anf are fixed.

i might put the option at the beginning andat the end :P hoes that sound?

link

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2009
    that sounds like the best idea soem people will want to play though first and others will want to get beat down from the startif you can do that that should make every one happy except the people who are never happy

infmaniac

Determined Beginner
    Years
  • I love it, and I just started playing. This is a great hack and everyone should get it. Both yours and Zel's Pokemon ShinyGold are awesome.

(I don't know which is better though. XD)

damn right this hack is totally the best one out there. Really cant wait for beta 2. Not sure if ppl noticed this but, this is to LaZ, on the pokedex when lookin for an area of a pokemon it shows the area of kanto only. This will be a problem for the suicune entei raikou event. Be cool if u can fix this but i understand if its too difficult to do i can't see how it can be fixed tbh. Anyway good luck love the hack!

Feraligatr master

Im British you know!
    Years
  • This will be a problem for the suicune entei raikou event. Be cool if u can fix this but i understand if its too difficult to do i can't see how it can be fixed tbh.

That is also the case with Shiny gold, however im sure Link could proberly make the dogs run around kanto, that way they would proberly show up on the pokedex map, plus that would make an intresting change. If i recall correctly though, isnt Suicune captured at the tin tower in an event?

linkandzelda

Years
  • yes he is captured there. also there is no way to make the dogs run around on the dex. i already impleneted them. its just a random battle with them in the grass thats only around johto. also if you run from them then you can still catch them :D

link

ph34rl355

Your Friendly Internet Pirate
    Years
  • when you finish this game i will be youre unswerving loyal servant.
    i LOVED crystal and always wanted a remake so im happy to see this happening. :D
    good luck ;)

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2011
    First of all, I love this hack and can't wait for it to be finished.

I recently restarted my game and came across a new glitch I didn't see mentioned anywhere else. I used totodile as my starter, and had it evolved, I think at level 20, after beating Falkner. I went to the pokecenter to get the egg, but after getting it, Elm's aid bounces off the door when trying to leave and the game restarts. I also can't pass because the miracle seed person won't let me through.

Has anyone else had this problem? Or could it just be a problem with the original rom i used?

linkandzelda

Years
  • thats an issue in beta 1.1 i think. you have to use 1.0 to get past there and then use 1.1

link

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back