• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
  • well i relised what you meant by animations when you he said pokemon animations. in that case it is no.

hmm. i could link the center into my extra story somehow other wise its a valid point. it needs some other purpose.

i dont know why red is there. im sure though that me a zeikku can do a story for him. or maybe in this hes not in silver cave.......

beta 4?!?!?!?!?!?!?! thats a bit of a way ahead but im planing on a final release by april 2009 or sooner. ive decided that if the development of this hack exeeds 2 years then im not stopping it. and april 2007 was when i started this.

link

linkandzelda

Years
  • no DP pokemon. I really dont like DP pokemon in GBA hacks unless there is all the others to.

link

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
    Years
  • They6 said they would try and are open to suggestions :)

Wow 1 and a half years on this, some good work, I doubt anyone would want to quit something after spending that much time on something :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    Indeed... I bet it will be a hell of a hack ;)

BTW, make sure that at least Chikorita, Totodile and Cyndaquil are catchable early in-game. Just so that you can make the starter-trio if you wish so, yes? The other 6 starters could also be catchable early, but it is not as "necessary", if you understand what I mean :P

linkandzelda

Years
  • well thats true but it cant take over my life which is what its doing XD. anyway me and zeikku are doing another hack after this and i cant be rom hacking all my life lol. or maybe...

the starters arnt catchabe. theres events that let you get the egg of the other two you dont have. you can then breed them at the day care.

link

linkandzelda

Years
  • hmm. I havent done the events yet. they will be optional events and not part of the story.

link

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    Well, sure, makes sense. Anyway, like I said, it would make sense if we had access to siad events early in-game.

Say, what about move-tutors? What move-tutors will you include in there?

linkandzelda

Years
  • hmm. i havent really thought about them really. there is loads of loose ends that are left untied. me and zeikku need to go through them. the events for the starters will take place before the league.

link

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    Hmm. Well, that certainly makes it more challenging, I guess. Will 3rd-gen pokes be available in Johto as well?

linkandzelda

Years
  • yes. a few will be.

btw just to say that there are some things about this hack thta i havent put in the thread so when the betas released you'll be in for a suprise hopfully.

link

SamieNiceGuy

Be positive, Not negative.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2009
    amazing :D getting better all the time. i like all thats going on :P seams like its going to turn out perfect :P

linkandzelda

Years
  • i have some interesting news. the idea for the trade/battle center is going out the window because the event at the ecruteak poke center were bill fixes the upstairs has no meaning.

edit: i have finished celadon city. just to that i have closewd down the gamecorner there for a certain reason which is part of the start of an event.

link

Last edited:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • i have some interesting news. the idea for the trade/battle center is going out the window because the event at the ecruteak poke center were bill fixes the upstairs has no meaning.

edit: i have finished celadon city. just to that i have closewd down the gamecorner there for a certain reason which is part of the start of an event.

link

Well, will the Game Corner be open again?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back