• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon - Liquid Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2023
    I have a problem with this hack. When I enter in Mr Pokemon's house, I have a black screen and nothing happens. I tried everything, redownload the rom and repatch it, tried beta 1.0 or beta 1.1, change emulator, etc...it's always the same. I used the run through wall action replay code to go on but I can't reach Ecruteak City, path is bloked with trees. Maybe the two problems are linked (link, haha..).

Oh, and my Cyndaquil can't evolve too, each level it begins to evolve but it stops and I have the "...... ?" like I pushed the "cancel" button but I don't do a thing. Didn't try with other pokemons.

Any help is welcome.

Beside this, this hack is freaking amazing, the most amazing is the musics, just the Road 29 one is a bit...psychedelic I think, sounds weird, and nothing to do with this but the Falkner's overwrite sprite is Koga's one, not the one in the screenshots.

Last edited:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • In the Power Plant pic, I don't think the Power Plant looks like a Power Plant to me. Why, you ask?

'Cause there are Cages all over the place. Wouldn't it be better if there
    are machines instead?

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
  • yea. im gonna do a huge gsc tile revamp soon for the indoors.

as for the bugs and ideas i like it. lol.

link

linkandzelda

Years
  • The new screens are awesome, excellant work as always. Are you going to give any clues on what this minigame you are working on actually is Link?

yes i am. there will be a video when its uploaded xD

How about one of those games where there is 12 Tiles/Cards and there you have to match them up, so there is 2 sets of 6 different cards, anyone know what I mean lol ?

I'm pretty sure that was one mini game Zel put in his game, and he doesn't want to copy Zel. I really like the pokemon guessing game someone mentioned a few posts back though. If it's implemented well it could turn out to be a fun mini game!

as said it was in SG. so im not gonna do it. great idea though :P

Ahh NVM then, I haven't actually played through SG :P

Nice screenies, gonna wait for Beta 2 before getting too far into this game, I'll try to think of some mini-game ideas for ya :)

thanks.

hey link
    im not sure if you have given any thoughts of including this but,

do you remember in crystal, how certain trainers would call you and give you items, like stones, berries, nuggets, poke balls and some random information about famous people, like oak and bill

I was thinking, after you beat them, every so often they offer you something when you talk to them again. Though that might be a bit hard to script

Hope everything is going well :)

thats not too bad of an idea actully. it would be easy to script too.

I have a problem with this hack. When I enter in Mr Pokemon's house, I have a black screen and nothing happens. I tried everything, redownload the rom and repatch it, tried beta 1.0 or beta 1.1, change emulator, etc...it's always the same. I used the run through wall action replay code to go on but I can't reach Ecruteak City, path is bloked with trees. Maybe the two problems are linked (link, haha..).

Oh, and my Cyndaquil can't evolve too, each level it begins to evolve but it stops and I have the "...... ?" like I pushed the "cancel" button but I don't do a thing. Didn't try with other pokemons.

Any help is welcome.

Beside this, this hack is freaking amazing, the most amazing is the musics, just the Road 29 one is a bit...psychedelic I think, sounds weird, and nothing to do with this but the Falkner's overwrite sprite is Koga's one, not the one in the screenshots.

well i dont get those errors and dont think other people got them either. my only suggestion is download another FR rom from soemwhere else as its probably a bad rom.

thanks also.

when the aide gives you the egg the game will turn back to the title screen

thats a reported bug alreay. patch with 1.0 then get the egg and patch to 1.1 (how many times will i have to say that...)

In the Power Plant pic, I don't think the Power Plant looks like a Power Plant to me. Why, you ask?

'Cause there are Cages all over the place. Wouldn't it be better if there
    are machines instead?
    yes. as stated a indoor revamp will be done for tiles like this.

Wow...great help, I'm stupefied...

sorry. i couldnt post a real reply early.

update: the mini game is complete and a vid is being uploaded now. i'll explain a bit about it. its a mini game where you are given a shovel and can dig inside this cave for tms. you have a certain number of digs before the shovel breaks and its game over. it costs 2000 or 1000 (confused? just wait and see xD). all the tms are avalbe and so are a few items.

vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XODFGtENxko
    theres a clue to the location in the vid :P

this kind of renders buying tms in the shops irelavant but whatever i guess. perhaps it shouldnt be tms but just rare ites that you cant buy. any suggestions?

link

Last edited:

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
    Years
  • How about some Mini-Games of Blackjack/21, could be a person in centres and somewhere there could be a tournament with it :P

Have you ever seen one of those whack the pop-up things.
    You have a small plastic Hammer/Mallet thing and things pop up and you whack them ?

That's all for now lol

Maybe have 10Tm's, 10 Items, and stuff like that, so it's on a loop sort of thing, make certain items rare, some only obtainable once and etc... :)

monkeyboi

Pokemon hack/game player
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2013
    the mini game looks sweet just one question.

if you say yes to him the first time would have to pay 2000 cash everytime?

linkandzelda

Years
  • thans for the comments guys. the blackjack idea i like but the whacking game was also an idea. but it probably wont be possible. the blackjack game is like a really good idea though. ill investigate it xd.

about the cash. im not saying. you will have to find out :P

link

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
    Years
  • Yeah I love BlackJack myself, play with a PokéDeck, or maybe make certain decks available through the game, sell them in marts, have them as rewards, could go quite far with that one :)

Yeah, the whacking game would work better if it was on a ds game :?

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years
  • I have another glitch involving missingno. If you fish with a good rod in route 26, you find a lv.1 missingno, and if you catch it with a masterball, it goes to rattata's pokedex data.

Also, if you use the "pokegear" near the trainer at the northern end of route 26, she will jump like she's going to rebattle you, but will just say what she says after you beat her, and won't battle you.

the fisherman on the docks on route 26 (or maybe 27...) doesn't count as a trainer if you use the "pokegear" at all

Feraligatr master

Im British you know!
    Years
  • I just thaught i'd explain my knowlage on a problem someone else had ^^

The apparant cyndaquil not evolving glitch occours in every firered game. Your pokemon will not evolve until you get the pokedex, and since in this hack you get the pokedex at Mr.Pokemon's house you will be unable to evolve your starter until you complete that event.

linkandzelda

Years
  • yes thats true. the vs seeker is unable to be made better. some work and some dont its jsut the way it is.

im really liking this black jack idea but playing with different decks would be impossible. if it was in i would have the player drew random cards from the deck. you wont see the deck. you just see the card. i.e: [player] drew a 6 of CLUBS. hmm. this could be good.

link

Pokémon Trainer Kenta

Pokémon Master of Johto
    Years
  • By far the greatest thing I've played. Even better than the original Crystal, and I'm only at the point of Goldenrod. (Just got the Plain Badge) and am loving it extremely! I also have a question and apologise if it's been answered. Who is "Zane?" He seems pretty cool and I'm assuming he's your own custom character. But, does he have any back-story or anything? Just like to get some insight. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back