• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Liquid Ocean [HotY - 2006]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juniorslick

Gengar-The Original Ghost Poke
Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2008
    Nice to see some updates Christos and it looks like you changed the Hero's Overworld sprite

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Wow, I haven't posted since the first page...
    Anyway, I can't believe Liquid Ocean is still going this strong, when you do something, you do it right; eh, Christos? I especially like the Snowy/Icy town and the fact that you're implementing D/P music, nice touch! Good luck! I know it be great!

MentalxxHospital

The Lovecats - The Cure
    Years
  • Heeey!

I see your hack is going well:) Long time no see, Chris^^ I'm Li-Kero, Kaeru_ike or whateverxD I'm back to hack! I Revived my PDA project (Pokémon Diamond Advanced). Just ask me if you need any help or anythin^^ I do some sprites now and then:D This time i will let people help mexD Pokemon Golden Sunlight went straaaaight to hellXD Just because i gave up:/ Well! Now I'm back to finish this project^^

Seeya l8tr:)

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • Hey this is turning out to be awesome...
    just the idea is so simple but it is awesome otherwise...
    I mean, others have theese HUGE ideas and all that, but when you play it, it turns out to not be all that, but this is such a SIMPLE but FUN idea that you can play the game FOREVER!
    Like adding D/P Music to FR/LG or R/S/E is a pretty simple idea, but a fun way to add the essence of the DS Versions of the game to the Advance Versions!
    Oh, and about the screenshots! They're nice, but I want to see some battle sprites!

Hey, Christos, since you are still hacking the game......
    Can I PLEASE help you? I'm good with mapping and spriting?
    I see you don't have any spriters, so I can help with that. Or if the current mapper is too busy I can fill in for him/her!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    No wonder this hack got hack of the year last year, because it is absolutely great, everything is. The mapping is just as good, if not better than the actual games, I am just in love with them, and it looks like a proper game, no stuff like R/S/E overworlds and FR/LG overworlds, like some people do.

Cutting a long story short, I am in love with this game xD. I am defiantely checking back to see what is happening.

And good luck, hopefuly you will finish it all, which would make it much better than Quartz xD. Even though it is better than Quartz now.

Years
  • There's many new screenshots I haven't posted here in the site.

A few spriters are working on the heroes' trainer sprites and overworld sprites, and here are some more screenshots.

Pokémon Liquid Ocean [HotY - 2006]

Hero overworld: Steampunk
    Heroine overworld: $_$ (the hair will be changed)

And here's a screenshot from an event, it doesn't show much but I don't want to post a video of it.

omigawd
    Chad did something right for once!

The sprite looks good ^O^

Gee, I wonder what the event is..oo

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • I like the male overworld sprite it looks awesome

I think that event has something to do with Team Rocket, but there is someone in the middle who I don't know, looks sort of like Blaine XD

Black Lugia

Shadow Trainer
    Years
  • i my self give this hack a 3. I did bcuz the events are like too easy. Theres like no challenge. And the events are like to simple and theres not enough of them. But still the games okay.

bonaza

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2007
    What do you mean? The pre alpha hasn't been realesed yet. Don't rate the hack on the old patch.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • I could help you with everything except scripting, so I will be able to help with spriting, mapping, overworld spriting, tile editting, etc.
    How long has this been in-making? If it was the hack of the year last year, does it mean a whole year? How long should we expect the release to be?
    Oh, yeah, and Black Lugia... give it a 3 for no reason at all? You said the events are way too easy but the alpha hasn't even been released, plus, there are no screenshots of the events AT ALL! But maybe you are talking about the pre-alpha, which was released quite a while ago. I would agree with you, if that is what you are talking about. If so, then I agree.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    Very impressive to have made HoTY '06 without even releasing that long of a "demo". I think this is coming along great, although im kinda suprised you only have 3 people working on it.

Latieon

ULTIMATE Mapper
    Years
  • I am really looking forward to the beta versions in the new base Firered(BPRE)
    Anyways ive played this game many times and one thing i really like is the earthquake at the start.
    Having such effects in future games will really be interesting.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Well, Christos. You said the heroes' overworld sprites are still being remodelled? (both of them?), because I... don't kinda like them, yet (in my opinion the hero looks a bit chubby just because of his arm's position, and well, the heroine I couldn't manage to see her completely in any screenshot, so I'll wait to see what changes her hair gets), of course, just my opinion :P

Nevertheless, the hack still looks strong. Too bad it seems that with your responsability increase and your own life's business we don't get many updates as often as before, but, there's nothing we can do about it. Keep working on it whenever you can (by the way, good luck to the people helping you), everyone (including me) will be waiting for more updates and stuff.

Luck Chris...Semele, or whatever you like to be called now ;P

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2008
    i like this hack . The different tileset for different towns really mekes it a good hack , well done christos

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • This seems to be getting better and better each day (or two).
    I'd like to see this progress. By the way, yes, I agree with Zel on the overworld trainer sprites. There is a problem with the screenshots: In one, the male character is facing frontwards and his cap is facing in between the right and the top side, and in another screenshot, the male is facing right and his cap is facing backwards.

I hope you fix that problem, I'd like to see the Beta, because we have have been waiting for a long time. (almost a year?)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back