• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Luminous Yellow Version [Beta 1 Released.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega Zero

Is back...
Years
As the title says...

Pokémon Luminous Version Beta 1 is Released!

Thanks for waiting, guys.

Data:

*Play from Pallet to Pewter.
*Kotone's OWs are implemented.
*Pikachu or Marrill will not be able to follow you around yet-none was implemented for now.
*Brock and Gary's Battle Sprites are not yet implemented.

Known bugs:

*Do not talk to the displays at Pewter Museum. (Not confirmed)

*One of the cut-trees at route two may give you TM Bullet Seed, another will give you a Potion~ (I forgot to fix it - Bugfix 1.1 soon)

*Oak's PC in the lab changes sprite upon use.

Oddities:

*Marill is at level 7 instead of 5 - it is meant. (too weak to battle Gary)
*Some Grammar oddities \ Text off screen.

The ???? when you whiteout is meant.

That's all.

Raichu is Awesome should recieve a PM some day later about a special.
OMG!!!! YES FINALLY THANK YOU NATURE KEEPER :3
EDIT: the girl sprite is bugged >.<

Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2014
Wow, finally, I played, I liked a lot but the pokedex is the region's Pokédex hoen. I hope that the beta 2 is better than this. I know this still has some bugs. I'll wait.

Sorry for my bad english. -.-

NatureKeeper

OMG!!!! YES FINALLY THANK YOU NATURE KEEPER :3
EDIT: the girl sprite is bugged >.<

I know the bug, and it is unfixable.

I am glad you are happy.

Wow, finally, I played, I liked a lot but the pokedex is the region's Pokédex hoen. I hope that the beta 2 is better than this. I know this still has some bugs. I'll wait.

Sorry for my bad english. -.-

Dex? I was working on it. Didn't have time to change it...

The bugs will need their time.

Beta 2 covers Cerulean and Bill. Hopefully this 'about-a-year' delay will not repeat.

Besides, did you try speaking to the displays in Pewter? Can you please at least try?

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
This....is nothing like Yellow at all, it doesn't even feel like im playing in Kanto. I was expecting more from this but things just don't feel right and the scripts feels weird to. I mean come on Gary has a Squirtle instead of Eevee...

And you didn't bother with adding the old man from stopping you to going to Pewter...

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 4, 2011
Thanks, Raichu.

P.S.: Do you really want Giovanni with a Raichu in Luminous Yellow? I thought you wanted Surge to?

Your welcome. Eh, on the Giovanni thing. I just chose my favorite character and Pokemon and grouped them together. Do whatever you want on the teams.

As the title says...

Pokémon Luminous Version Beta 1 is Released!

Thanks for waiting, guys.

Data:

*Play from Pallet to Pewter.
*Kotone's OWs are implemented.
*Pikachu or Marrill will not be able to follow you around yet-none was implemented for now.
*Brock and Gary's Battle Sprites are not yet implemented.

Known bugs:

*Do not talk to the displays at Pewter Museum. (Not confirmed)

*One of the cut-trees at route two may give you TM Bullet Seed, another will give you a Potion~ (I forgot to fix it - Bugfix 1.1 soon)

*Oak's PC in the lab changes sprite upon use.

Oddities:

*Marill is at level 7 instead of 5 - it is meant. (too weak to battle Gary)
*Some Grammar oddities \ Text off screen.

The ???? when you whiteout is meant.

That's all.

Raichu is Awesome should recieve a PM some day later about a special.

I'll play it and test those glitches and oddities, and report any findings. Oh and I wonder about that special thing. ;)

EDIT:

I found several things some in game and some caused by the walk through walls code (just goofing around with it.) For convince this will have lots of pictures in spoilers.

May Glitch:
Spoiler:

Brendan Glitch:
Spoiler:

World Map Oddities:
Spoiler:

Graphical Glitches:
Spoiler:

Run-Off Text Glitches:
Spoiler:

Kris Glitches:
Spoiler:

Walkthrough Walls Glitches:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

NatureKeeper

Huh? You should've finished these things -.-
I mean the ASM routine for Pikachu and Marill were the most important things about LY :/

Sorry Ash, time isn't with me.

I have a wholelotta free time today.

This....is nothing like Yellow at all, it doesn't even feel like im playing in Kanto. I was expecting more from this but things just don't feel right and the scripts feels weird to. I mean come on Gary has a Squirtle instead of Eevee...

And you didn't bother with adding the old man from stopping you to going to Pewter...

1- Gary:

- I felt like Gary deserves his animé starter more. He will have an EEVEE by the end, but it starts with Squirtle.

I am sorry Tyson.

2- Old Man:

Oh? he is supposed to be in there....

*checks*

Huh? Wrong Flag.

Also if you faint on the route above "viridian" you will end up in some different place and you cant escape...

... It is escapable. Keep walking up. There is a warp home. I'll make a video.

EDIT: Here's a video.

Your welcome. Eh, on the Giovanni thing. I just chose my favorite character and Pokemon and grouped them together. Do whatever you want on the teams.

I'll play it and test those glitches and oddities, and report any findings. Oh and I wonder about that special thing. ;)

EDIT:

I found several things some in game and some caused by the walk through walls code (just goofing around with it.) For convince this will have lots of pictures in spoilers.

I'll steal this from Jagold: *removed long spoiler thingy*

I have replied to you on VM.

Most are meanted.

The ???? and the unwalkable tille are simply, meant. ???? allows you to go to Pewter again.

However, you should now why you have been warped after you hear the Pokémon cry you hear.

The Kris and the Brendany and Maius Glitch -.....

The first is unfixable, and the second is fixable.

Beta 1.1 will have fixed things.

The map. Oldale is Viridian, Route 113 is the Battle Frontier and Petalburg is ????

I should remove that map.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years

NatureKeeper

I'll work on the bug fix now...

But the following will take no less than two months to implement, I am sorry.

Keeper are you gonna do something about the enemy HP bar?
It looks pretty distorted -.-

Yes, it's called 'beta'.

It will not be in this very bugfix, sorry.

Anyways... did you happen to steal that death place's music from DJG? :D Or it's default Ruby music?[/B][/COLOR][/FONT]

... It's Ruby default. You get it when you got o the Regis' caves.

You thief -.- :D

.... I didn't steal anything but less than 50 letters...

NatureKeeper

Bug Fix 1.1

Fixes the:

May Glitch: Fixed

Brendan Glitch: Fixed

World Map Oddities: ...You now cannot access the world map until a certain beta.

Graphical Glitches: All fixed.

Run-Off Text Glitches: Fixed the ones by Raichu.

Kris Glitches: Fixed the one while passing through doors. The intro one is unfixable.

Old Man in pewter: Fixed.

Last edited:

Lati-Fan95

I completed my HG Pokedex!^^
Years
I played a bit of Luminous Yellow so far and I liked it so far!^^ I wanted to say some oddities I found in your hack:

1. Kotone's sprite is waaay too big compared to the other ones (lol Kotone can use Growth better than any Pokemon! xD)
2. Are the maps remapped or is there supposed to be a little change there? (could be I'm mistaking with that one!^^)
3. If your Pokes faint, you land in some place but you come back to the last town you were before you collapsed... Is this a bug or meant to be?^^

NatureKeeper

I played a bit of Luminous Yellow so far and I liked it so far!^^ I wanted to say some oddities I found in your hack:

1. Kotone's sprite is waaay too big compared to the other ones (lol Kotone can use Growth better than any Pokemon! xD)
2. Are the maps remapped or is there supposed to be a little change there? (could be I'm mistaking with that one!^^)
3. If your Pokes faint, you land in some place but you come back to the last town you were before you collapsed... Is this a bug or meant to be?^^

Thanks.

1- .. It is meant for this game's theme. Kotone & Lucas = The big heads planner!

2- A little change should be there. I remapped the whole maps trying to copycat firered as much as possible.

3- ... This is meant.

It only occurs when you die before the Viridian Pokécenter. If you use the Pokécenter in Viridian, you cannot register. And it's no the last town before you collapse. It is always Pallet Town, even if you made it to Pewter without using Centers.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 4, 2011
Bug Fix 1.1

Fixes the:

May Glitch: Fixed

Brendan Glitch: Fixed

World Map Oddities: ...You now cannot access the world map until a certain beta.

Graphical Glitches: All fixed.

Run-Off Text Glitches: Fixed the ones by Raichu.

Kris Glitches: Fixed the one while passing through doors. The intro one is unfixable.

Old Man in pewter: Fixed.

May/Brendan Glitch: Sweet-ish. That was a funny glitch. :P
World Map Glitch: It was kind of funny seeing the map.
Graphical Glitches: You fixed the Mart thing?
Run-off Glitch: This time I won't be lazy and try to find others.
Kris Glitch: Cool, and if you want I'll try to make a FR/LG Kris/Lyra sprite.

2- A little change should be there. I remapped the whole maps trying to copycat firered as much as possible.

You could just try changing the size in Advance Map under the Header tab (I think. It's under one of them.)

Also I'm kind of wondering what you're doing to Giovanni's and Lt. Surge's teams since you asked me.

NatureKeeper

May/Brendan Glitch: Sweet-ish. That was a funny glitch. :P
World Map Glitch: It was kind of funny seeing the map.
Graphical Glitches: You fixed the Mart thing?
Run-off Glitch: This time I won't be lazy and try to find others.
Kris Glitch: Cool, and if you want I'll try to make a FR/LG Kris/Lyra sprite.

Yeah, I forgot about that Guy. Now he will give you rest if you even reach him. Yes, I fixed the mart. And, thanks, but Kris looks goodin that sprite.

You could just try changing the size in Advance Map under the Header tab (I think. It's under one of them.)

Also I'm kind of wondering what you're doing to Giovanni's and Lt. Surge's teams since you asked me.

I don't wanna change them. They look Ruby!

Giovanni won't have a Raichu cuz he is ground-user. But, Lt.Surge will. Because It agrees with your previous title : Lt.Surge thinks that Raichu_is_Awesome!

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
If you want, I can help you SHRINK Kotone/Soul's OW.
You see, I'm pretty good at this kind of stuff.

I don't think that I lot of people like Big OWs and Small OWs at the same time.

NatureKeeper

If you want, I can help you SHRINK Kotone/Soul's OW.
You see, I'm pretty good at this kind of stuff.

I don't think that I lot of people like Big OWs and Small OWs at the same time.

Hmm.. Alright, get the rips from The Spriters Rescource and Shrink them, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back