• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Luminous Yellow Version [Beta 1 Released.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

NatureKeeper

Thanks, Raichu.

Ok, guys. I will change my plans a little.

I will be focusing on Luminous Yellow until I finish, until then, I will temporarily lock Dark Forces.

Today, I'll start working on beta 2, it seems I had enough rest.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 4, 2011

Thanks, Raichu.

Ok, guys. I will change my plans a little.

I will be focusing on Luminous Yellow until I finish, until then, I will temporarily lock Dark Forces.

Today, I'll start working on beta 2, it seems I had enough rest.

You're welcome, NK. :D

Both hacks are good. I wish that both could be done, but then you'd probably be bored to death. :P

NatureKeeper

Both hacks are good. I wish that both could be done, but then you'd probably be bored to death. :P

Yeah. A person especialy like me who is busy does have the right.

I'll call my friend to see if he had managed to play Luminous Yellow, even with the IPS tutorial I created him on youtube. He told me last time that it takes too long to patch IPS files. U_U

So, anyway. I gave Paranoid a task. I hope he is on with it.

You are the next task, Cerulean, Raichu. Watch out.

NatureKeeper

What do you mean when you say you are the next task, Cerulean, Riachu.

Are you talking about me or Cerulean? :P

You'll be mapping Cerulean. :badsmile:

So anyways, I am now mapping Route 3.

It seems like Reaching Mt.Moon needs some smartness according to my plans.

So, Team Rocke'ts Raichu I couldn't get you your special PM that soon, but If you wish to get it, PM me, and I'll reply.

It includes a Legendary. ;)

Ok, it seems that it is over.

No body now seems to care, so I am just locking it. There is no point of wasting my free time on the gameswhen nobody actually cares. 9 weeks and I'll continue. I PMed Manipulation to lock this, like he\she did with Dark Forces.

I will reopen by next beta maybe.

Until then....

Cya,

- NatureKeeper

Last edited:

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
NatureKeeper has requested his thread to be reopened. (He's also promised not to use that ugly CSS any more, yay!)

Opened~

NatureKeeper

NatureKeeper has requested his thread to be reopened. (He's also promised not to use that ugly CSS any more, yay!)

Opened~

Big thanks to manipulation! :D

I am not gonna use the dark CSS again, as it is only for the DS Forums. (HGSS, Wi-Fi, DPPPt, SpinOff and Gen I and II)

Is this CSS Ok?

I guess it's not ugly! It's transparent ladies and gentlemen.

Back on Topic, I to reopen this since some people are actually caring for it. ^_^

So, as you see, me and the new team of 17 people. *gulp* Will try to improve. I learned basic ASM, and I can now do better, so watch out.[/B][/COLOR]

Welcome to Pokémon Luminous Yellow, the better remake of Yellow! By NatureKeeper, Co-Ordinated by Shadolance

So watch out for the next update! It'll be something special, since I just opened this.

NatureKeeper
Team Explorers of ROMs

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
Years
My suggestions:

Add the FR/LG trainer sprites (PLEASE no Wally sprites for Gary)
Replace Red's sprites with Ash, since you already have the last name "Ketchum" forced
New overworld sprite for Gary... possible option to change name as well.
Remove the shiny Eevee reference
Separate Jessie from James (Tate & Liza style)
Make sure no illegal mons appear (I saw a level 9 Pidgeotto, it should be replaced with a level 10 Pidgey for legality reasons)
Leaf should at least make a cameo, same for Johto male player character
"RED" should be a default name for male player character, "LYRA" for female player character
Don't force any last names (Ketchum!!!)

NatureKeeper

Add the FR/LG trainer sprites (PLEASE no Wally sprites for Gary)
Replace Red's sprites with Ash, since you already have the last name "Ketchum" forced
New overworld sprite for Gary... possible option to change name as well.
Remove the shiny Eevee reference
Separate Jessie from James (Tate & Liza style)
Make sure no illegal mons appear (I saw a level 9 Pidgeotto, it should be replaced with a level 10 Pidgey for legality reasons)
Leaf should at least make a cameo, same for Johto male player character
"RED" should be a default name for male player character, "LYRA" for female player character
Don't force any last names (Ketchum!!!)

I thought of removing Ketchum too, actually.

TRAINER SPRITES ARE TO BE EDITED.

Illegal mons?

Bulbapedia said:
Pidgeotto R B Y Grass 9 1%

In the original yellow, you coul do the same. Here, it turned into a one-time Pokémon.

Leaf is out of the series. Ethan and Kris will appear in both a Celebi event and Pokémon LuminousCrystal, so yeah.

The default names are Ash and Lyra already.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
LOoks good
you should keep lyra she needs more advertisement x-3
and make her sprite samller though that one is too big

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
It's the HG/SS Lyra sprite. The GBA size is 16x32. This hack looks OK so far. I might look at the first post to see if there is a beta for me to try.

Yes but
there are a vareity of kool ows for gba
including lyra as the suitably size

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back