• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokémon Maize Version [BETA 3 RELEASED]

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2023
    it may be a silly question, but l still want to ask that why my game was black and white after l have patched the ips file to a clean ROM? l can' t tell which of the pokemon is shiny or not. thinks!!~

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    You said you'll add more mons in the final version. will it have some or a pseudo mon? just curious
    There won't be any fakemon. They will all be from the official games.

it may be a silly question, but l still want to ask that why my game was black and white after l have patched the ips file to a clean ROM? l can' t tell which of the pokemon is shiny or not. thinks!!~
    You need to play in SGB (super gameboy) mode. Most emulators support this. VisualBoy Advance is a popular emulator that will do this. Shiny pokemon flash the screen black when they appear, so that's how you can tell in case you can't get the colors to work. They also have a "!" in the top-left corner in their stats screen if you catch one.

Raiimeister

Hear Me Roar!
    Years
  • I'm sorry pal. i think you didn't understand my 1st question. That's not what i meant. i mean if will you add some pseudo legends mons. examples are larvitar/bagon/beldum/gible/goomy/deino lines

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2023
    There won't be any fakemon. They will all be from the official games.

You need to play in SGB (super gameboy) mode. Most emulators support this. VisualBoy Advance is a popular emulator that will do this. Shiny pokemon flash the screen black when they appear, so that's how you can tell in case you can't get the colors to work. They also have a "!" in the top-left corner in their stats screen if you catch one.
    Thank you for answering my questiom. Here is another one. l met legendary birds randomly in the grass after l finished the event of releasing the birds. So is this a bug or just a normal setting and can you apply a list of the habitat of all the possible pokemons? Thank you again!

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I was wondering are baby pokemon in this hack too? Because I see happiness is a thing in this as an NPC in the town with the first gym measures happiness apparently, and baby pokemon traditionally evolve that way. Given this, wouldn't it be better if for the cases where we find certain pokemon early on we'd see the baby forms instead? Because this game due to being a Red hack lacks genders and with it there's no breeding, and I'm honestly unsure of how to really progress at this point given that knowledge. Are baby pokemon just left out of this game or what? Because that can excuse the issue of seeing Pikachu and Clefairy after gym 1 is beaten by having them just not exist, but I wanted to touch on this if baby pokemon are already in the game since Togepi would be a must obviously and considering the Hitmon trio are all obviously related even if one ignores Tyrogue's existence, Tyrogue is a necessity for that very reason. Plus the game already has Bonsly, having the rest of the baby pokemon would only make sense if they aren't already there.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    I'm sorry pal. i think you didn't understand my 1st question. That's not what i meant. i mean if will you add some pseudo legends mons. examples are larvitar/bagon/beldum/gible/goomy/deino lines
    Oops, sorry! I don't have the details of exactly which pokemon I'll be adding, but I will definitely be adding one of those lines.

Thank you for answering my questiom. Here is another one. l met legendary birds randomly in the grass after l finished the event of releasing the birds. So is this a bug or just a normal setting and can you apply a list of the habitat of all the possible pokemons? Thank you again!
    When you release the birds, they turn into roaming pokemon like Entei, Raikou, and Suicune. I posted a video explaining how it works on my youtube channel. I'm not going to release a list of pokemon locations until the final version of the game is done.

I was wondering are baby pokemon in this hack too? Because I see happiness is a thing in this as an NPC in the town with the first gym measures happiness apparently, and baby pokemon traditionally evolve that way. Given this, wouldn't it be better if for the cases where we find certain pokemon early on we'd see the baby forms instead? Because this game due to being a Red hack lacks genders and with it there's no breeding, and I'm honestly unsure of how to really progress at this point given that knowledge. Are baby pokemon just left out of this game or what? Because that can excuse the issue of seeing Pikachu and Clefairy after gym 1 is beaten by having them just not exist, but I wanted to touch on this if baby pokemon are already in the game since Togepi would be a must obviously and considering the Hitmon trio are all obviously related even if one ignores Tyrogue's existence, Tyrogue is a necessity for that very reason. Plus the game already has Bonsly, having the rest of the baby pokemon would only make sense if they aren't already there.
    Don't worry, my plan is to add lots of baby pokemon for the final version of the game! I just haven't gotten around to it, yet. Right now, there isn't a lot of use for the happiness mechanic. It's only used for Umbreon/Espeon/Sylveon/Crobat. In the final version of the game, it will be used for the baby pokemon and Frustration/Return. There will also be some NPCs and events that are related to happiness.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    In that case I can wait on the baby pokemon, but it would make sense to have Pichu, Cleffa, and Igglybuff available to catch near the beginning since breeding so far is not possible in a gen 1 hack as far as I know.

Years
  • Hello ShantyTown. The Pokédex is broken on this release, it shows 0 seen-owned Pokémon.

Broken%2BPok%C3%A9dex.png

Also, Shiny Ring doesn't seem to affect Stationary and Gift Pokémon. Can you look into it? Or it's just me with really bad luck.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    In that case I can wait on the baby pokemon, but it would make sense to have Pichu, Cleffa, and Igglybuff available to catch near the beginning since breeding so far is not possible in a gen 1 hack as far as I know.
    Yep. I agree.

Everything is possible. That just hasn't been done yet.

Hello ShantyTown. The Pokédex is broken on this release, it shows 0 seen-owned Pokémon.

Broken%2BPok%C3%A9dex.png

Also, Shiny Ring doesn't seem to affect Stationary and Gift Pokémon. Can you look into it? Or it's just me with really bad luck.
    Interesting! I'll take a look at these tonight when I have time. Although, I'm 99% sure the shiny ring also affects stationary and gift pokemon.

Years
  • Thanks for answering. On Save Screen also shows 0 Badges.

Prob.png

Pokémon Areas doesn't work properly. For example, Abra's nest appears on Nickel City.

A.png

This guy has Hoothoot instead of Pidgey.

Pid.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    Thanks for answering. On Save Screen also shows 0 Badges.

Prob.png

Pokémon Areas doesn't work properly. For example, Abra's nest appears on Nickel City.

A.png

This guy has Hoothoot instead of Pidgey.

Pid.png
    I've uploaded a patch for Beta 3.2 that fixes the pokemon seen/owned and number of badges bug. Save files are compatible.

Fixing the nest locations is something I won't be doing until the final release of the game because it's super annoying to fix, so sorry about that! Good call on the Hoothoot thing, too! I changed his intro text but not his after-battle text... I'll fix that eventually.

EDIT: I also looked into the Shiny Ring question, and I confirmed that is does affect stationary and gift Pokemon, like it's supposed it.

Years
  • Number 007 Pokédex entry it's supposed to be "Sunglasses Squirtle", no? it doesn't shows any data. It also happens when you receive a Pokémon via Trade who hasn't been caught before.

Sq.png

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    Number 007 Pokédex entry it's supposed to be "Sunglasses Squirtle", no? it doesn't shows any data. It also happens when you receive a Pokémon via Trade who hasn't been caught before.

Sq.png
    Oh dear. I won't fix this right now, but if a few more bugs show up, I'll release another bugfix patch. Thanks for reporting them!

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I wonder if it's possible to allow the backpack to have seperate pockets like in second gen on up for first gen hacks. If it is that'd be a smart thing to impliment for this hack given one needs to have as many rings on hand as possible along with everything else, after all.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    I wonder if it's possible to allow the backpack to have seperate pockets like in second gen on up for first gen hacks. If it is that'd be a smart thing to impliment for this hack given one needs to have as many rings on hand as possible along with everything else, after all.
    Sure, it's possible. I won't be implementing that into the game, though. However, I'm planning on expanding the total number of slots in the inventory to 30 or so. You're right that 20 is just too small with the new Key Items you need to carry around.

Spearow in Route 10, appears at night also. Seems more appropriate replace it by Hoothoot/Murkrow.
    Honestly, I didn't put very much effort into which pokemon show up at night. I'll be going through each route in more detail before the final game is released.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Sure, it's possible. I won't be implementing that into the game, though. However, I'm planning on expanding the total number of slots in the inventory to 30 or so. You're right that 20 is just too small with the new Key Items you need to carry around..

I thought I noticed some difference in what I was able to hold so good move there. Though personally perhaps a ring box to keep all the rings in seems like a smart idea at the very least, though I have no idea if you'd be able to impliment that at all. A proper TM case would be something to look into however, but like the ring box idea I dunno if that's possible. Just my opinions so feel free to disregard them.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    It's looking like I won't need to release any more bug fixes for beta 3, so I'm going to start posting updates for the final version of the game. Here's the first update:

There is a secret place in the game that grants you the ability to become...a bush! It's similar to being a werewolf, except you turn into a bush. A werebush. At night, your overworld sprite and in-battle backsprite will be bushes. How's that for weird?

Zg2wZ41.gif
    esPq3sD.png

Back