• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokémon Maize Version [BETA 3 RELEASED]

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    I have this reocurring problem with your hack that i don't knowhow to solve...: I can't play in GameYob (gb/gbc emulator for DS developped by someone on GBATemp) because it freezes at the title screen with the Ampharos, and while it seems to work with Lameboy but the save file disappear randomly after some time like a real cartridge with a dead battery...because of that I stopped playing because I don't want to loose my shinys again...:(
    That is almost certainly a problem with the emulator(s) you are using because it works with all of the more mainstream emulators. Sorry, my only advice is to play on a different emulator. But thanks for playing!

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2017
    I'm giving it a try again...I put the game in the same folder as the emulator and saving 2-3 times to be sure...I have one badge and I am currently shiny hunting for : Pikachu/Jigglypuff/Clefairy....

Questions : Are pokemon learnsets updated in any way?
    Do we have to put the ring first in the bag in addition to wearing it to beneficiate from its effects?

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    I'm giving it a try again...I put the game in the same folder as the emulator and saving 2-3 times to be sure...I have one badge and I am currently shiny hunting for : Pikachu/Jigglypuff/Clefairy....

Questions : Are pokemon learnsets updated in any way?
    Do we have to put the ring first in the bag in addition to wearing it to beneficiate from its effects?
    The movesets of almost all pokemon have been updated to add the future-gen moves. Some of the movesets have been completely overhauled, as well.

You just need to wear the ring now. No more "top-of-the-inventory" nonsense. Note that it says which ring you're wearing at the bottom of the screen when you press Start.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2017
    I can't progress further than Copper Town...

-Guards are blocking the way...i got the Fly Tm but I don't think one can fly to cities they didn't already visit...
    -There's a little kid who wants to trade a Psyduck for a gastly but I already have a gastly...do I really need to do the trade?

Last edited:
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen yesterday
    Honestly, I love this hack so far. My only complaint is that I don't wanna bother catching the Charmander. Like, at all.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    I can't progress further than Copper Town...

-Guards are blocking the way...i got the Fly Tm but I don't think one can fly to cities they didn't already visit...
    -There's a little kid who wants to trade a Psyduck for a gastly but I already have a gastly...do I really need to do the trade?

Fly lets you enter the Copper Town Gym. You give it to the guy with the secret door. After you beat the Gym, you can fly to Pyrite City.

Honestly, I love this hack so far. My only complaint is that I don't wanna bother catching the Charmander. Like, at all.
    Glad you like it. How is "I don't wanna catch Charmander" a complaint...? It's totally optional.

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen yesterday
    Glad you like it. How is "I don't wanna catch Charmander" a complaint...? It's totally optional.
    Because of what happens after the battle with the mother being sad that you took "the one thing in her life that she cared about". My heart broke tbh.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2017
    Questions :
    - Can we go into Pyrite town's sewer system or will it be possible in the next beta? (I want to rescue the guy trapped in there according to a talking bush)
    - Can we get strength and if so how? Do we need to pass the Bike riding place? If so how? Is there a let's play of it somewhere?
    - Do we really need to loose all of our money to get Squirtle ? That seems a little steep...

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    Questions :
    - Can we go into Pyrite town's sewer system or will it be possible in the next beta? (I want to rescue the guy trapped in there according to a talking bush)
    - Can we get strength and if so how? Do we need to pass the Bike riding place? If so how? Is there a let's play of it somewhere?
    - Do we really need to loose all of our money to get Squirtle ? That seems a little steep...
    - It's in the upcoming final version.
    - Strength is at the end of the Bike Park. Just search "pokemon maize" on youtube, if you're looking for a let's play...
    - Yes. It's supposed to be a tradeoff. You can also spend all of your money first, so the squirtle will cost practically nothing.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    Today, I worked on a "follower" script. This lets NPCs follow the player's footsteps, like in Yellow or HG/SS. Here's a .gif of it in action:
    s7CmnQG.gif

EDIT: It's not a script. It's just part of the engine.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    Now I'm adding Eggs! I have the hatching implemented, but I still need to do a bunch of little things so that you can't use an Egg in battle, for example. I don't anticipate creating a breeding system. Eggs will be obtainable through other means. Check out this video that shows the hatching process and what it looks like when they're in the party:

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2023
    Nice work. You probably already plan on it, but I would recommend hiding the HP and level of the egg while in the party, since it changes when it hatches.

Also, is Squirtle's in-party sprite black because it is fainted? Nice touch

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    Nice work. You probably already plan on it, but I would recommend hiding the HP and level of the egg while in the party, since it changes when it hatches.
    Definitely on the to-do list.

Also, is Squirtle's in-party sprite black because it is fainted? Nice touch
    Thanks, I think it's my favorite "touch" in the game so far.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I had to redo my game as I somehow lost my last save file, and as such I also downloaded the new version with the bug fixes you added in recently and for some reason I can't change the game color even though I have it on the super game boy setting.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    I had to redo my game as I somehow lost my last save file, and as such I also downloaded the new version with the bug fixes you added in recently and for some reason I can't change the game color even though I have it on the super game boy setting.
    I haven't released a new patch, since February. Which emulator are you using? I recommend BGB (http://bgb.bircd.org/). VisualBoyAdvance will also play the game in full color.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2021
    The new Intro Screen and TPP references look great! This is my favorite generation I hack! Hopefully you have time to release another version sometime this year!

Back