• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokémon Maize Version [BETA 3 RELEASED]

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I haven't released a new patch, since February. Which emulator are you using? I recommend BGB (http://bgb.bircd.org/). VisualBoyAdvance will also play the game in full color.

The February patch is what I ment, I got to the end of the version I was playing before then and wanted to update my game with that patch but was forced to restart.

And I am using visual boy advance.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    The new Intro Screen and TPP references look great! This is my favorite generation I hack! Hopefully you have time to release another version sometime this year!
    Thanks! The next version will be the final version.

The February patch is what I ment, I got to the end of the version I was playing before then and wanted to update my game with that patch but was forced to restart.

And I am using visual boy advance.
    Yeah, every time I release a new version, the save files won't be compatible because the structure of the save file is different.

I just tested it with Visual Boy Advance, and the colors work for me :/. Not sure what else to say.

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2016
    I should be very grateful if u'll provide movesets of exeggcute and exeggutor inserted in this hack! Plus, i'm forced to carry a pidgey in my party because my Charizard can't learn fly in the current beta...so please fix it and provide a beta asap.

One more thing, i'm interested to know about the event pokemon thing....when will other event pokemons (other than Pikablue) be given??

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    I should be very grateful if u'll provide movesets of exeggcute and exeggutor inserted in this hack! Plus, i'm forced to carry a pidgey in my party because my Charizard can't learn fly in the current beta...so please fix it and provide a beta asap.

One more thing, i'm interested to know about the event pokemon thing....when will other event pokemons (other than Pikablue) be given??

Code:
    ;EXEGGUTOR
    ;Evolutions
    	db 0
    ;Learnset
    	db 28,STOMP
    	db 46,SEED_FLARE
    	db 0

Mon102_EvosMoves: ; 3b26e (e:726e)
    ;EXEGGCUTE
    ;Evolutions
    	db EV_ITEM,LEAF_STONE ,1,EXEGGUTOR
    	db 0
    ;Learnset
    	db 7,ABSORB
    	db 14,HYPNOSIS
    	db 21,LEECH_SEED
    	db 25,STUN_SPORE
    	db 26,POISONPOWDER
    	db 27,SLEEP_POWDER
    	db 33,PSYBEAM
    	db 39,SOLARBEAM
    	db 43,PSYCHIC_M
    	db 0

I probably won't bother to change the event pokemon until the final version of the game is done.

--------------------------

Also, I added some new music: https://soundcloud.com/huderlem/dungeon-1-theme-bestest-detectives-in-the-world-from-to-the-moon

This is the new song that plays in caves. The song is originally from the game "To the Moon".

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2023
    Nice additions. they will definitely give the game a new feel when playing. what made you decide to add these songs in particular?

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    Nice additions. they will definitely give the game a new feel when playing. what made you decide to add these songs in particular?

Thanks. I have a big video game music playlist on iTunes. First, I looked for a song that might sound good for a dungeon. Then, I looked for a song that would sound good as the lab theme. I wish there was a better story :P

I have a lofty goal of replacing all of the original music, but we'll see how that ends up going... I think I've replaced 16 total songs now.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    I'm redoing the beginning of the game, so it isn't a essentially a re-skin of the original game anymore. Part of the changes I'm making is adding mugshots for the starters. The mugshots are from Pokemon Pinball:

TAnp9tR.png

uch97W6.png

ZxdWxUg.png

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2016
    As good as ever, ShantyTown. I just played Pokemon Maize and it's an awesome hack all the way. :) Reps

That said, I do have a few suggestions you may want to implement. It would be good if you could allow HMs to be used like in the older games (where you can simply Cut a tree by approaching it and pressing A to interact with it, as opposed to having to go to your party screen and pick out the Pokemon with Cut - for example). You might also want to add the Gen II patch, or at least the EXP bars.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    As good as ever, ShantyTown. I just played Pokemon Maize and it's an awesome hack all the way. :) Reps

That said, I do have a few suggestions you may want to implement. It would be good if you could allow HMs to be used like in the older games (where you can simply Cut a tree by approaching it and pressing A to interact with it, as opposed to having to go to your party screen and pick out the Pokemon with Cut - for example). You might also want to add the Gen II patch, or at least the EXP bars.

Glad you enjoyed playing! Definitely won't be "adding the Gen II patch". It's supposed to look like a Gen I game, after all. But I'll eventually be adding experience bars when I get around to it. Same for the easier HM use.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2015
    You keep making this game better and better. I really like the change to the gamefreaks logo and the starter pokemon mugshots. Glad to see all of these cool ideas implemented. The npc follow script could be useful too. I wish I could even imagine some of the unique things you've managed to put into this hack. Looking forward to future releases definitely.

Back