• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Mega Blue (Version 1.1.4)

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2022
    So I've been playing for a day or so now, and the only bugs I've noticed is the sailor outside the SS Anne spits out a string of "?????????" at me, after asking for my ticket, but that seems to be just a text error. Though, after I beat the SS Anne section, and it sailed away, I could immediately walk back out there, and go back onto the boat, even though it wasn't there. Otherwise, enjoying this quite a bit, keep up the good work!

Edit: Seems after saving and loading up again, now I properly can't get back on the ship, odd.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2023
    Thank you for making this hack :) may I request a list of wild pokemon locations?

Years
  • Version 1.1 is out!
    The new update includes:
    • Two different editions of the game to choose from
    • Teachy TV is removed (for those who still have it in the Bag the item itself was made unusable)
    • Any bugs that occurred in Vermilion City should be fixed (not tested though)

For more details and download link - check the main post.

Years
  • The new version still doesn't work on MGBA for some reason, even though I applied the patch to the correct Fire Red rom. Still won't reach the title screen.

Years
  • The new version still doesn't work on MGBA for some reason, even though I applied the patch to the correct Fire Red rom. Still won't reach the title screen.

I think it just won't work on some emulators. I can only suggest you to use another emulator.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Required rom for patching is "1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels).gba"

Bah i can't find the rom, oh well, i'll try patching it on the normal rom

Update

Yeah it works like a charm

Update2

Never mind, found it

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2024
    still getting stuck when i try to leave vermillon gym, i guess i'll just start a new save file using deluxe version

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2024
    you HAVE TO HEAL your pokemon, otherwise you have a black screen when you try to leave poke center without healing

Edit: It's not only the pkmn center, i think every house you get stuck after you enter it the 2nd time for the current save file
    So if you start your save file, go into the house, you can leave it without problems..if you enter it a 2nd time at your current .sav file you get stuck
    For pkmn center you can fix it by healing your pokemon

Edit2: if you enter poke mart in vermillon city, you end up being in S.S. Anne
    Edit3: Getting stuck in S.S.Anne after getting HM01, will need to wait for an update now. Fortunate ive saved before

Last edited:
    Years
  • you HAVE TO HEAL your pokemon, otherwise you have a black screen when you try to leave poke center without healing

Edit: It's not only the pkmn center, i think every house you get stuck after you enter it the 2nd time for the current save file
    So if you start your save file, go into the house, you can leave it without problems..if you enter it a 2nd time at your current .sav file you get stuck
    For pkmn center you can fix it by healing your pokemon

Edit2: if you enter poke mart in vermillon city, you end up being in S.S. Anne
    Edit3: Getting stuck in S.S.Anne after getting HM01, will need to wait for an update now. Fortunate ive saved before

Should be fixed now. At least I tested it and it doesn't freeze. Download link is updated now with fixed version.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • 1.I know i would get scoled for this but lord Stiker, can i ask you to put wild Eevee in grass often? Catching the army of Eevee will be a hard task for me unlike R/S/E, Eevees are native to kanto
    2.Also how do we get the national dex in the deluxe version?

Last edited:
    Years
  • 1.I know i would get scoled for this but lord Stiker, can i ask you to put wild Eevee in grass often? Catching the army of Eevee will be a hard task for me unlike R/S/E, Eevees are native to kanto
    2.Also how do we get the national dex in the deluxe version?

I won't put them in grass, sorry.
    You get the National Dex the same way, just evolutions are available in Deluxe Edition before obtaining the National Dex.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • I won't put them in grass, sorry.
    You get the National Dex the same way, just evolutions are available in Deluxe Edition before obtaining the National Dex.

1.Bummer :( so where can i breed Eevee with an Ditto in Kanto region early? Or when i go to Sevii islands?
    2.Sweeet

Last edited:
    Years
  • mGBA is generally the most accurate GBA emulator, perhaps except in audio. What emulators would then work? VBA-M?

Yeah, I know mGBA is the most accurate emulator out there. I'm not blaming it for not working with my hack or anything, it's entirely my fault.
    And yes, it does work on VBA-M, that's the emulator I'm using.

itsdarsh

Contender
    Years
  • Yeah, I know mGBA is the most accurate emulator out there. I'm not blaming it for not working with my hack or anything, it's entirely my fault.
    And yes, it does work on VBA-M, that's the emulator I'm using.

This isn't a matter of blame or accusation and you don't need to beat yourself up, it's just something you want to clarify up front, since both emulators are pretty common.

Back