• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POKéMON: Mewtwo Strikes Back (MSB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
Years
Like the Music, Like the mapping and I actually like that Pikachu can't keep up with you when you run, keeps it a little realistic :)

Course he'd just get on all 4's but it wouldn't be possible in the game... Would it ?

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
It would, if I had a decent scripter for RMXP on the team. It'd be the same as when Ash runs, the spritesheet changes to a running pose. Same sorta thing. But I am TERRIBLE at coding... so that's not an option within my own powers.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
That gltichy pikachu looks really annoying. Why don't you fix up the script a bit? You could even code it using events and use variables to track the players X and Y position and the pikachus X and Y position.

Danno

Years
Mainly because I cant script for my life, and that's why I'm no longer hacking... and I'm working in RMXP.

And that second bit, no idea how to do that. Haha.

So until I can get a straight way to fix it... it will remain annoying and glitchy.

.:Sam:.

The road goes ever on and on!
Years
The quality of the game looks very admirable. I didn't play the hack of this game; and I think I'll wait for your RMXP release, but from looking at your videos on YouTube and viewing the screenshots I must say it looks like you've put a lot into this and made so far, a brilliant game. I loved the BGM especially; tell me, did I hear a bit of Phoenix Wright in there or was it just me?

Danno

Years
You did indeed. Right where the Rockets first show up, I'm using a Phoenix Wright midi for their theme in-game.

Also, there is a little Zelda (Mewtwo breaking out) and Time Hollow(Dr. Fuji's intro) music in here as well.

.:Sam:.

The road goes ever on and on!
Years
Interesting. I thought it went really well with the scene personally, so kudos to you. If you need help or such with the project drop me a PM and we'll discuss how I can be of service.

Tox

fight me
Years
LOL, nah I just want to know how many places are remaining. I thought they'd be gone straight away. :P The game is looking great. :]

Bombah!

BlackDragonite
Years
Like the Music, Like the mapping and I actually like that Pikachu can't keep up with you when you run, keeps it a little realistic :)

Course he'd just get on all 4's but it wouldn't be possible in the game... Would it ?

I don´t think so... Ever seen a Mouse that can´t keep up?? A mouse this big could possibly run faster than Ash^^
But hey, did anyone ever think of making Pokémon realistic? :P

Anyway, Meowth, that MIGHT sound stupid, but did you ever try to make the Pikachu Event faster? Like, just select a faster Speed...
I´m not into scripting, but work with every RPG maker, so that´s my îdea (you probably have thought about that)^^

Danno

Years
Dunno, can't give a date. AvatarKris and I are the only ones really working on the game, and he only does some spriting here and there... and I have a life. So there's no saying.

! AvatarKris !

! Esteemed Medical Professional !
Years
Meowth, that's right ....

i'm too careless and normally have to do over sprites and take long to do them and stuff, especially you may expect a sprite a month cause i get caught up in stuff too...

Miranda was kinda tuff so i did a crappy one, edited it
edited it some more, overhaul, edit

...leave for month...
REDONE AND GOOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back