• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Mind Crystal [GBC Crystal Remake]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKSSB

OKですか?
Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2014
    Pokémon: Mind Crystal [GBC Crystal Remake][Now, it's in Firered]

mindcristalbox.png

Pokémon: Mind Crystal Version

Hack Data:
    Hack name: Pokémon: Mind Crystal Version
    ROM Base: Pokémon Firered [US]
    Languaje: Spanish, English

Story:
    In Johto, in a nice town called New Bark Town, a Pokémon Professor called Elm receives a message from Mr. Pokémon, it seems that he just discovered something, that Professor want to see that big discovery... But, wait! He's very busy! That's why he calls his neighbor, a young boy/girl. He comes to his laboratory. He/She choose 1 of 3 elegible Pokémon. He/She just arrived to Route 29 and a boy called Keita challenges him/her. He/She wins, but that won't be the only battle he will have... He/She gets to Mr. Pokémon house, Mr. Pokémon gives him/her a Mystery Egg... What could it be?
    Now, while returning to New Bark Town a shady boy challenges him/her... He has a Pokémon from the Laboratory! How did he get it!?
    He/She returns to Elm's Laboratory, the police is just right there! It seems that a Pokémon was stolen by that shady boy that she/he battled while returning to New Bark Town!
    ...The story won't end now!... Why?... Because it has just begun!

Features:
    *Return to Johto!
    *Challenge again those trainers from Johto!
    *Firered style!
    *GSC Music!
    *Enjoy again Pokémon Crystal Adventure from GBC!
    *Enjoy the Day & Night system!

Initials (Obviusly... Johto's initials):
    *Cyndaquil
    *Chikorita
    *Totodile

Title Screen v0.4:
    mctitlenew-1.png

Screenshots:
    1-6.png
    2-5.png
    3-5.png
    5-3.png
    26.png
    poli1.png
    6-3.png
    7-2.png
    8-2.png
    12-1.png
    14-1.png
    15.png
    16.png
    17.png
    18.png
    19.png
    20.png
    21.png
    22.png
    23.png
    27.png
    28.png
    29.png
    30.png
    elmlab.png

Fanbars:
    mincristalfanbar1.png

Thanks to Ich!Go!

Awards:
    Whack a Hack! MHM (Mejor Hack del Mes/ Best Hack of the Month) August 2010
    8mhmago2010.png

Credits:
    Ich!Go
    Wah!
    DP Tiles ROM Base
    Marnic (Aka Slyker)
    DAGERMN
    Jugaken
    Aerodynamic
    KuruS
    Trevor
    draco19904
    diegoisawesome
    Note: If I forgot someone just tell me...

Downloads:
    Spanish Alpha 1: In progress...
    English Alpha 1: In progress...

Last edited:

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Hey the screenshots look pretty good. Too bad it's in Spanish. T_T Good luck on this Johto remake, hope you finish it.

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2019
    Wow! You have inserted Ethan and Lyra from HGSS! They look very well, and I think that the tiles are also good. But, for me, the Ho-oh sprite that flies during the intro doesn't fit well...

Nosophoros

I'm eating your cake
    Years
  • Awesome! I love the Ethan/Gold backsprite. Are you planning on inserting any other HG/SS pokemon sprites? Either way, this looks like a great hack.

MKSSB

OKですか?
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2014
    Here's a quick update...
    All Pokémon will have HGSS sprites, here's Pidgey:
    spriteshgss.png

And I have fully inserted Lyra backsprite:
    lirasprite.png

Note: I haven't inserted Hoothoot HGSS sprite, but I will insert its sprite later.

~MKSSB

sir.euge

Bunchies Back!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    how about some better music and maybe better remake maps rather than flat maps. we dont want a flood do we?

Teh Newbeh

Yellow Gold™
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2023
    Well, I don't know how to remove that shadow, I'll try to fix it.

Wichu has a toolbox in the Tools section. I think it's called Advanced tools. But he has a sprite editor that can fix that if im not mistaken.

Edit: Its called Advanced Sprite Position Editor. Here is a link to his toolbox for your convenience. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=196143

The graphics look really nice on the eyes and your sprites are inserted well. Good luck on this. ^^

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2011
    Hey, MKSSB! That looks very good.
    I love Hacks with new musik, and some favourites are GSC musik.
    Well... GOOD LUCK

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Looks good
    There are many G/S/C remakes so its a pretty bad time for a new one
    but kepp it up
    And
    The Video title screen says
    "Pokemon ice crystal"

And ur GOLD ow sprite
    everyone uses that try to make/find new ones

Years
  • We dont want a flood do we?
    A flood is caused by a lot of water gathering in one place. Since the weather is generally calm in the early maps of Johto (and, this being a remake, there is no reason to make it rain either), there probably won't be a flood.
    (You know, constantly saying that isn't going to make people change their maps to your liking. It's Pokemon GBA, don't try to apply real-world logic to a world where little alligators shoot water from their mouhs.)

For the intro video, I suggest changing the Ho-Oh sprite to the one used in the original Gold Titlescreen. Perhaps you could re-colour it, but it'd look better anyway- since it's flying to the side, having it look towards the side would be better.
    I also back up the person who suggested inserting Suicune instead of the Player cycling. Again, you could use the sprite from the Crystal Titlescreen.
    OR.
    You could change the intro altogether, have the player skateboarding (as a little reference to the Skateboard item in pre-release GS days) along, and have Suicune come running beside them. You'd need to change the background so it'd look like Suicune is on land, though.

Anyway, this looks... okay. Sorry I can't be more complimentary, but there have been many Gold/Silver remakes, some of which are as good as finished, and other current ones that are packed full of ASM. You've got a lot to live up to if you want to make this stand out, but I do wish you good luck for that.

MKSSB

OKですか?
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2014
    Sorry for no updating in some time, I'll update right now:
    arboles1.png
    arboles2.png
    dnnew5.png
    dnnew1.png
    dnnew2.png
    dnnew3.png
    dnnew4.png
    act9.png
    act5.png
    mc4new.png
    mc3new.png
    mc2new.png
    mc1new.png
    10-1.png
    9-1.png
    7-1.png
    8-1.png
    6-1.png
    4-3.png
    5-1.png

TokioHumaNeko

Pokemon Zodiac Wishes
    Years
  • *wants beta of it now* <3 This is one killer hack,man! Can you teach me how to do stuff like that?! I wanna make my towns a bit more modern than what i have in Fire red!

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    Your hack is good.
    I do not like the houses, especially the home of the blue roof, try to change Them.
    Good luck!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back