• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update)

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2015
    Checkpoint 5.1 is the next one. I am currently implementing the "Call a Cop" feature, the Poképhone, and the Navigator. After this checkpoint, I am going to finish up scripting/mapping for beta 3 (which is not much) and then I will proceed with my graphical improvements for the game.

Ooh. Cool. Will you be able to call the cops on the evil team? That would be so funny!

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
    Years
  • Ooh. Cool. Will you be able to call the cops on the evil team? That would be so funny!
    Hahaha, well, it would depend on what specific event I script. Team Ego is way too powerful to get caught, lol. But Team Rocket on the other hand... there will be a funny event involved with that during the Aqualight "Chocolate Tower" Takeover!

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
    Years
  • FROZEN!! Where are the b**bies! I mean Screenies! It's been a long time since I saw the mouth-watering screenshots!

Please LET IT GO! LET IT GO! DON'T HOLD IT BACK ANYMOREEEE!!
    Haha, true! Those screenshots on the first page are kind of outdated! I've been doing yet another play through in order to fix up some scripting bugs and implementing the Red Light Safety System! Here is the first really easy mission! Police missions will feature funny cutscene sequences. Once you report the crime, and report to the site, "a mini-clip" will unfold.
    ----------

And here is Silversky's new Feather Hunt!
    ----------

Years
  • The item description for the Grey Feather is worded poorly, in my opinion.

I think this reads better:

"A lightly colored grey feather. It
    is reminiscent of the legend of
    Silversky Forest's shimmering sky."

With that said, I think the repetition of "sky" is a bit jarring, too, but that's because of the Forest's name, I guess.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2022
    is SM "super Machine"?
    very good game, i'm sure gonna wait for more release on future updating
    btw, does this game split physical and special moves like gen iv? If not, i hope you guys will do that

iPika

Crytec
    Years
  • I'm probably the only one experiencing this, but why is it that after the part where I meet Suicune in the cave (the first part), the game screen goes full black? I play the game on Gameboid on my Nexus 5. Thanks.

Years
  • This game looks so interesting...
    You're renaming like... everything ? Lol I like that.
    Tyranitar gets Roar of Time ? Wut.

Also, IHerdUMakingNewPogeyballz ? (I saw that somewhere on page 11)
    Maybe more Type focused balls is an idea ? (Like Net ball which catches water and bug type better). Like Flame ball for fire type or something.

I hope you can finish this hack soon :P So I can play the whole game in one go :P

By the way, I can't seem to find what the current progress is, in the meaning of how many gyms can you currently take on etc.
    How far are you ? :D

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
    Years
  • Here comes a long post! Haha.
    ----------

The item description for the Grey Feather is worded poorly, in my opinion.

I think this reads better:

"A lightly colored grey feather. It
    is reminiscent of the legend of
    Silversky Forest's shimmering sky."

With that said, I think the repetition of "sky" is a bit jarring, too, but that's because of the Forest's name, I guess.
    Indeed. This will be fixed. Thanks for the input!
    is SM "super Machine"?
    very good game, i'm sure gonna wait for more release on future updating
    btw, does this game split physical and special moves like gen iv? If not, i hope you guys will do that
    SMs will be reusable TMs, hence "Super Machines." There will be side quests for obtaining these extremely rare gems.
    I have expanded the move table, so there will be Gen IV moves. There will also be a ton of custom moves.
    Mind if I ask? Where is surskit. I cannot find it anywhere T.T
    It can be found in Bugsler's Gym. And as of beta 3, it will also be found in National Park, only during the bug catching contest.
    I'm probably the only one experiencing this, but why is it that after the part where I meet Suicune in the cave (the first part), the game screen goes full black? I play the game on Gameboid on my Nexus 5. Thanks.
    This is an emulator compatibility problem. Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do to fix that. What is executed during that script is a cut-scene like this:
    ----------

Does the game freeze when that cut-scene occurs?

This game looks so interesting...
    You're renaming like... everything ? Lol I like that.
    Tyranitar gets Roar of Time ? Wut.

Also, IHerdUMakingNewPogeyballz ? (I saw that somewhere on page 11)
    Maybe more Type focused balls is an idea ? (Like Net ball which catches water and bug type better). Like Flame ball for fire type or something.

I hope you can finish this hack soon
    12.%20tongue.gif
    So I can play the whole game in one go
    12.%20tongue.gif

By the way, I can't seem to find what the current progress is, in the meaning of how many gyms can you currently take on etc.
    How far are you ? :D
    Yeah, I am changing a lot of things from as we may normally know it. I am doing this solely because most of us, as Pokémon fans had already played the original games a ton heck of times with the same attacks, stats, etc... and I just want to refresh things up. Think of these changes as my very own "what-if" moments. These changes are basically the implications of what I would of liked to see in an original game. I plan to rename as much as I can, in order to give the game that "new region" feeling.

Yeah, and actually Roar of Time is going to be a different kind of attack in this game. It is actually going to relate to part of the story regarding time travel and Transcend Flare. And, yup, I plan to make new Pokéballs thanks to daniilS new awesome tutorial! Props to him.

Also, gym battles are not a good indicator on the length of the game. You can check the bottom of the main page on the specific progress of the incoming beta.

And one more thing... in beta 3, you may find that the levels of the
    Pokémon may be "too low." In fact, the fifth Gym Leader's highest Pokémon level is 27 I think. Unlike Johto (which was really easy), this does not mean that the game will be easy. Because it is not. I adjusted the level curve in order to properly include the other region. The level curve has been scaled accordingly, so you will still have challenging battles. And I am trying to get the EV/IV trainer routine to work. I am doing this because I don't want the Seijo region to be like Kanto in GSC... if you know what I mean, haha.

iPika

Crytec
    Years

• This is an emulator compatibility problem. Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do to fix that. What is executed during that script is a cut-scene like this:
    ----------

Does the game freeze when that cut-scene occurs?

That cut-scene does not even appear. I'll try another emulator and let you know.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2022
    i didn't mean to ask about having move in gen IV onward in this game. What i ask is does this game split physical and special moves like gen IV onward? For example, fighting type moves in gen III are all physical, while dark type moves in gen III are all special (ok wth, crunch is a special move??? throw teeth to opponent lol) but in gen IV there are some moves like aura sphere and focus blast are special move, crunch changes to physical moves.
    btw, does this game have aura sphere? i'd love to let my pokemon learn that move :3

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
    Years
  • i didn't mean to ask about having move in gen IV onward in this game. What i ask is does this game split physical and special moves like gen IV onward? For example, fighting type moves in gen III are all physical, while dark type moves in gen III are all special (ok wth, crunch is a special move??? throw teeth to opponent lol) but in gen IV there are some moves like aura sphere and focus blast are special move, crunch changes to physical moves.
    btw, does this game have aura sphere? i'd love to let my pokemon learn that move :3
    Oh okay, haha. Every single thing about this game is on the first page, haha. Indeed, the split has been implemented.
    Is there a list of the pokemon this game includes?

Thank you!
    Every single detail about this game is on the first page, haha. Yes, there will be a complete guide for this game. However, it is for beta 3 onward since beta 2.5 is severely outdated.

Here it is. For Beta 3

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2022
    Please don't make Steel type take double damage from Poison type :(
    I think Your type chart is a bit unfair to Fairy type. Too many Resistance for fairy type attacking moves

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
    Years
  • Yea, I use a emulator and get a black screen to. I miss the scene, however you can still peave if you step foward
    Yeah. I know. That is an emulator problem. Nothing I can do to fix that. I use VBA 1.8.0 Beta 3.
    Please don't make Steel type take double damage from Poison type :(
    I think Your type chart is a bit unfair to Fairy type. Too many Resistance for fairy type attacking moves
    Okay. I will see about it.

iPika

Crytec
    Years
  • Bugs:
    I like how I can easily find my Mareep. Goes for all Pokémon
    Eh look! A Suicune! So early in the game? I can't catch him tho. Too hard.

Spelling Errors:
    "enough talk FROM me"
    "You got an Eevee"

"in STORE for us
    " LIKE to come out at night"

I got a little turned on by this. Is this nurse truly my gf?

Last edited:
    Back