• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update)

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
  • It doesn'T happen at certain spots.
    I can enter the Park Gate and even fight, but after a bit time passed, like 30 seconds to 1 Minute, it's just as if I would press reset.
    Cool. That's great information. However does the reset happen while you are walking, or not doing anything? By any chance, can you try to repeat the glitch on a different route? I just want to know if it's a route specific thng or widespread.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
    Years
  • It happens only in this route. It happens when I'm walking, saving and doing nothing
    I cannot repeat this glitch unfortunately. Does anybody else have this problem? From what I am hearing about this glitch is that the resetting means access to corrupt or non-existing data. Try patching the game to a fresh version 1.0 copy and see how that goes. Also when readying for new game builds, do not patch the new build over the older build. It needs to be a clean copy. See if this works.
    Oh hey, using a 1.0 ROM worked! But you should really make it clear that it only works with 1.0 ROMS on the first page, because i would not have figured it unless you told me.
    Yeah that's true. I'll make a statement nearby the download link.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I cannot repeat this glitch unfortunately. Does anybody else have this problem? From what I am hearing about this glitch is that the resetting means access to corrupt or non-existing data. Try patching the game to a fresh version 1.0 copy and see how that goes. Also when readying for new game builds, do not patch the new build over the older build. It needs to be a clean copy. See if this works.

Okay, I erased all saves stats again, downloaded a fire Red Rom 1.0 and patched again, but, I happens again ._.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    yup the random resets happened to me too. it starts happening when you enter that rainy route 50

i think this is underreported becuase everyone is resuming their save from a later part of the game after patching clean rom (so they dont check out route 50 again)

save states have nothing to do with this, how is your hack so special when save states work fine for all hacks in existance?

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
    Years
  • I alvays use save stats, and till now it didnt affect the game.
    Jup, when I first enter the Park Gate
    I guess it may have something to do with an unset event along these lines or a script that's been activated at that time.
    yup the random resets happened to me too. it starts happening when you enter that rainy route 50

i think this is underreported becuase everyone is resuming their save from a later part of the game after patching clean rom (so they dont check out route 50 again)

save states have nothing to do with this, how is your hack so special when save states work fine for all hacks in existance?
    I don't like savestates because it is a cheap way to play a game like this, but do as you please. I'm repeating the savestate thing because this game in particular have the extended flag patch and save file patch. You will have to save forcefully once beating the league anyways. And the game had problems in the past regarding that.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I guess it may have something to do with an unset event along these lines or a script that's been activated at that time.

I don't lime savestates because it is a cheap way to play a game like this, but do as you please. I'm repeating the savestate thing because this game in particular have the extended flag patch and save file patch. You will have to save forcefully once beating the league anyways. And the game had problems in the past regarding that.

And what should we do?
    Did we miss an event or something?

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    I don't lime savestates because it is a cheap way to play a game like this, but do as you please. I'm repeating the savestate thing because this game in particular have the extended flag patch and save file patch. You will have to save forcefully once beating the league anyways. And the game had problems in the past regarding that.

savestates still have nothing to do with it, and are fine as long as someone can save normally. furthermore save states can be legitimately used, precisely because of crashes/errors that can happen on Beta Roms, you can at least salvage the game. I've done that for many other hacks before, old or new. so you should not let "save states are cheaty" simply cloud your judgement.

also i had asked someone from another forum who had an old save file to check route 50 with the newest ROM, he had no issues, like you. seems like it happens on new games created on the latest ROM. probably events/scripts not triggered properly at the very beginning of the game or something.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
    Years
  • savestates still have nothing to do with it, and are fine as long as someone can save normally. furthermore save states can be legitimately used, precisely because of crashes/errors that can happen on Beta Roms, you can at least salvage the game. I've done that for many other hacks before, old or new. so you should not let "save states are cheaty" simply cloud your judgement.

also i had asked someone from another forum who had an old save file to check route 50 with the newest ROM, he had no issues, like you. seems like it happens on new games created on the latest ROM. probably events/scripts not triggered properly at the very beginning of the game or something.
    Thanks for the information. That makes a lot of sense. And I apologize for the ignorance that I have shown towards the use of save states. It seems to be a pretty useful feature.
    Is there a typechart available that explains the changes you made?
    There was one posted on the thread somewhere, but that'll take forever to find. It's also in the PlayGuide which is outdated at the moment. Hmmm. In fact I'll put the chart on the first page. That'll make everything easier.
    As far as the Route 50 reset glitch goes. I just started a new save to check it out to see if I can recreate it. Going to make the best diagnosis of it to see how I can fix it.

Also, the ball is rolling on Chert Town. I'm making progress with that now. There's going to be a lot in stored for that segment of the game, including the ability to finally fly.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    BINGO! Figured out the glitch. It's rather simple. A reset like that means that the game is trying to access empty or non-existing data or FF FF FF bytes. The glitch occurs during the daytime while the Route 50 day route music is playing. The night time version of the music is fine. I suggest you guys travel through the route at night while I fix the glitch. Apparently, the individual tracks of the theme got corrupted (empty). Easy fix!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2020
    Game is still great as ever, I was wondering what to do after you get surf? I have been to the cave north of town and read the complete lore in there but I still cant leave the town... Also just wanted to point out that in some conversations and text boxes, such as above pokemon center near frozen fire lake, Proteins, carbos and such do not yet have their new names.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
    Years
  • Game is still great as ever, I was wondering what to do after you get surf? I have been to the cave north of town and read the complete lore in there but I still cant leave the town... Also just wanted to point out that in some conversations and text boxes, such as above pokemon center near frozen fire lake, Proteins, carbos and such do not yet have their new names.
    Cool. Thanks for letting me know about those scripts. Know that you got surf, did you surf east of town? There is an event that takes place on Route 64.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2016
    Being an Eevee lover, this hack has cought my eye. So my question is....how far can I go in the game? 50 % ? 75% ? 90% ?
    Tell me Approximately.

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2020
    Cool. Thanks for letting me know about those scripts. Know that you got surf, did you surf east of town? There is an event that takes place on Route 64.
    I cant reach the water, keep getting the message that im too weak to end the storm

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
    Years
  • Being an Eevee lover, this hack has cought my eye. So my question is....how far can I go in the game? 50 % ? 75% ? 90% ?
    Tell me Approximately.
    A percentage like that doesn't help much because there are lots of side stories, events, whatnot. But I would say after 3.0 RC 3, 40% and that would include the completion of an ENTIRE region and a few discoverable parts of the second region that was available in the game since its early days. This game is going to be a FULL two region game.
    I cant reach the water, keep getting the message that im too weak to end the storm
    Hmm, thinking about it, since you have the ability to surf, you probably did not properly complete the secrecy of the Dotted Hole on Route 63. There is a reference to the "normal version" on one of the tablets that you must acknowledge and move the player to the front center of the lonesome tablet that is located nearby the entrance. Good luck!

Back