• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update)

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
  • Do i seriously need to wait 15 hours so gang spawns at 20.00 ?
    That is the only forced nighttime event in the game. The others are side stories/options.
    My charmeleon just evolved into a bulbasaur, has anyone else seen this glitch before?

So, I know have a level 43 venasaur with flamethrower, and metal claw
    Lol that is hilariously odd. I even checked the evolution with the program and Charmeleon is supposed to evolve into Charizard. I have to try in-game. By any chance, are you on the latest version?
    I believe it's on route 49. You have to talk to a bug catcher that is in a a pathway between some trees
    Route 51 actually. The Bug Catcher is to the left most portion of the route.
    just change the time on your computer. The game goes on what time it is on your system, and not the actual time since not everyone is in the same time zone
    That's another way to go about it.
    To the Aqualight tower event
    Specifically it ends with the Marshall John battle.

Eragon123973

Rayquazaman
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2020
    Hello I am loving your hack. I don't know if you noticed but the news report key item is still saying I have build 3.0 RC 2.69 even though i have updated my version to the latest live update. Just giving you a heads up. This Is my favorite hack ive played so far keep it up!

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2016
    Hello I am loving your hack. I don't know if you noticed but the news report key item is still saying I have build 3.0 RC 2.69 even though i have updated my version to the latest live update. Just giving you a heads up. This Is my favorite hack ive played so far keep it up!
    I think you need to patch a new Pokemon Fire Red rom

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2021
    I just started this hack but for some reason on the route after the first town I always crash back to the title menu at random points.
    Anyone experienced something like that?

Edit: A bit more information.
    It seems to be either time or location based. I managed to quicksave on a spot that disconnected me and everytime I reload the game I get kicked right out of it and back to the title screen.
    It's unplayable at this point unfortunately.
    I thought it was because I used gameshark codes first but made a completely new file without using them and it still happened on a regular playthrough.

Last edited:

Infinipede

negima ruined my life
    Years
  • Hey man, been replaying this and loving it all over again. (also idk if there was a minor update since I last played b/c I think you implemented a few of my suggestions? Having a better time now regardless haha)

I have a few bug reports:

-Shadow Sneak has normal priority. It should have +1, like Quick Attack
    (I know you've changed a lot of moves, but the Shadow Sneak change isn't noted in its move data, and if you're using a naturally speedy Pokemon it isn't always noticeable until you get outsped... I think if you want a low power physical ghost attack, you should just use Lick, or make up something new, instead of changing an attack that's specifically priority like Shadow Sneak? just my 2 cents)

-You can bypass the Lola battle completely without earning the badge.

I did this accidentally - at around 12 noon game time on a Saturday, I tried to enter the garden and was told to come back. i tried to enter again, Lola chided me, and my character walked up to her and complained. Upon talking to her again, she gives the bit of dialogue she normally gives after you beat her, and after exiting the gym, the Slash Lady appears and says the trees are cut down. I can't challenge Lola and I'm missing the second badge, so any event that requires a certain number of badges won't work. (I hope that's... not anything important to the story >.> I can always restart my file I guess, or hope you fix this before rc4...)

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
    Years
  • Hello I am loving your hack. I don't know if you noticed but the news report key item is still saying I have build 3.0 RC 2.69 even though i have updated my version to the latest live update. Just giving you a heads up. This Is my favorite hack ive played so far keep it up!
    Thanks for liking the game! I was able to confirm that the latest version that say version 2.73 in-game. Maybe you confused the game files perhaps? I've also read that another user was able to confirm that it also states 2.73 for them.
    I just started this hack but for some reason on the route after the first town I always crash back to the title menu at random points.
    Anyone experienced something like that?

Edit: A bit more information.
    It seems to be either time or location based. I managed to quicksave on a spot that disconnected me and everytime I reload the game I get kicked right out of it and back to the title screen.
    It's unplayable at this point unfortunately.
    I thought it was because I used gameshark codes first but made a completely new file without using them and it still happened on a regular playthrough.
    Can you tell me the exact route number? I recently fixed a problem exactly like that on Route 50. By any chance, does your News Report key item state that you are on version 2.73? The original problem to that was caused by the route music playing at the time. That is wy the glitch seems to be time based. Route 50 does in fact have day and night time music. And so does Route 49. I don't think Route 49 ever gave me a problem however. But please report back to me regarding the route number and your version.
    Hey man, been replaying this and loving it all over again. (also idk if there was a minor update since I last played b/c I think you implemented a few of my suggestions? Having a better time now regardless haha)

I have a few bug reports:

-Shadow Sneak has normal priority. It should have +1, like Quick Attack
    (I know you've changed a lot of moves, but the Shadow Sneak change isn't noted in its move data, and if you're using a naturally speedy Pokemon it isn't always noticeable until you get outsped... I think if you want a low power physical ghost attack, you should just use Lick, or make up something new, instead of changing an attack that's specifically priority like Shadow Sneak? just my 2 cents)

-You can bypass the Lola battle completely without earning the badge.

I did this accidentally - at around 12 noon game time on a Saturday, I tried to enter the garden and was told to come back. i tried to enter again, Lola chided me, and my character walked up to her and complained. Upon talking to her again, she gives the bit of dialogue she normally gives after you beat her, and after exiting the gym, the Slash Lady appears and says the trees are cut down. I can't challenge Lola and I'm missing the second badge, so any event that requires a certain number of badges won't work. (I hope that's... not anything important to the story >.> I can always restart my file I guess, or hope you fix this before rc4...)
    Thanks for all the support! And thanks for the feedback. I am still working on the moves and whatnot and sometimes forget to properly edit them so I appreciate your help on that. I will update them accordingly.

And thanks so so much for pointing out the Lola glitch. That is a clash of my own inexperienced scripting years back mixed in with my new experienced modern ones. That garden script needs tons of updating and I keep on forgetting to update it to be more compatible with the Lola script. The script doesn't even work the way it was intended to be. It was supposed to activate after beating Lola and coming back on a Saturday evening between 6pm and 8pm. I will fix this up for the next live update. Also, I hoped you periodically backed up your save file so you don't have to start all over. I might be able to make a NPC Glitch Fixer script where a man will be able to give you the 2nd badge if you experienced this glitch. Obviously this NPC will only appear if you are experiencing the glitch. Such man will be located in any Pokécenter in a random spot. This might be a little tricky due to flags, but I think I can pull it off.

Usually I recommend making a back save after every major event that occurs, just for safety reasons. One missed flag can literally brake a game.

Infinipede

negima ruined my life
    Years
  • Thanks for all the support! And thanks for the feedback. I am still working on the moves and whatnot and sometimes forget to properly edit them so I appreciate your help on that. I will update them accordingly.

And thanks so so much for pointing out the Lola glitch. That is a clash of my own inexperienced scripting years back mixed in with my new experienced modern ones. That garden script needs tons of updating and I keep on forgetting to update it to be more compatible with the Lola script. The script doesn't even work the way it was intended to be. It was supposed to activate after beating Lola and coming back on a Saturday evening between 6pm and 8pm. I will fix this up for the next live update. Also, I hoped you periodically backed up your save file so you don't have to start all over. I might be able to make a NPC Glitch Fixer script where a man will be able to give you the 2nd badge if you experienced this glitch. Obviously this NPC will only appear if you are experiencing the glitch. Such man will be located in any Pokécenter in a random spot. This might be a little tricky due to flags, but I think I can pull it off.

Usually I recommend making a back save after every major event that occurs, just for safety reasons. One missed flag can literally brake a game.

No problem man, I appreciate the response. I understand how hard getting events like that to work, I have enough trouble with my own stuff in rpg maker/pokemon essentials, and I can't even begin to understand how rom scripting works lmao.

A glitch fixing NPC is a good idea. That probably wouldn't be too bad either since they could just check for any flags that are required to complete/progress.

I'm honestly really bad at remembering to make backups (I'm usually playing it on my modded PSP or another portable emulator, too) but with ongoing projects like this, usually I end up starting a whole new file for the official launch of the game, just to play the whole thing through beginning to end as a complete work. So it's not the end of the world if I have to start over. There's enough Pokemon I can use that I haven't yet haha.

And no problem, would you like me to post in this thread or PM you if I notice any moves not working as intended? I'm happy to report any bugs I find, I'm really glad to see you take peoples's suggestions to heart.

Btw, the secondary steal effect of Covet doesn't seem to be working. (Had it used on a Pokemon with Leftovers that didn't have sticky hold or anything, and it didn't work.) I'm not sure if Steal is, likewise, given they have the same effect, and my Riolu hasn't managed to steal anything... but it could be some corner case that I don't know about. It's not like I use those moves a lot on a regular basis in the canon games lol.

(EDIT: Turns out the Pokemon using Covet had a hold item already. So it's probably fine. Idk!)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2016
    I am very impressed. I'd definitely like to beta test as well. This is very cool for me to see as well, I've never really been able to branch very far past Generation IV. (Diamond is the newest game I've played). So seeing remakes of generation 3 games is very heartwarming. I'd love to see a complete trilogy and if you need any help I'd be happy to.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2021
    Can you tell me the exact route number? I recently fixed a problem exactly like that on Route 50. By any chance, does your News Report key item state that you are on version 2.73? The original problem to that was caused by the route music playing at the time. That is wy the glitch seems to be time based. Route 50 does in fact have day and night time music. And so does Route 49. I don't think Route 49 ever gave me a problem however. But please report back to me regarding the route number and your version.

It actually happened on Route 50 and Route 51. On 51 it happened right at the moment I saved thus causing a bug that whenever I reloaded I'd automatically get kicked out.
    This is why I can't tell you what version I was on at that time cause I can't even open the menu before getting kicked out.
    I did however start a new game and it suddenly didn't happen anymore. News report says 3.0 RC 2.69 but unfortunately I don't know what it said before.

In any case it seems to work now....hopefully.^^

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2022
    Lol that is hilariously odd. I even checked the evolution with the program and Charmeleon is supposed to evolve into Charizard. I have to try in-game. By any chance, are you on the latest version?

There is a good chance I am not. It's been at least 2-3 months, maybe even more, since I downloaded the what was then the most current version.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2021
    Nevermind its happening again. The trigger seems to be on route 50 and even if I leave the route it will still happen.
    My version is 3.0 RC 2.69.
    Still stuck in a loop of getting sent back to title screen.
    Since you said it was triggered by music I always have that turned off if thats the issue.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    I seem to have the same issue as people above, where the game reset me on route 50 and I can't be bothered to restart because if this is a common thing it's not worth trying to avoid it. How do you manage to release a full romhack and not fix these very obvious restarts, or at least mention them?

Years
  • Hi, just got a Gastly, can I know how it'll evolve into a Gengar? Thanks!

Edit: Found out for Graveler and Gastly but where is it possible to find a second link cable? Maybe there should be a documentation for evolutions?
    Edit2: And Derpfishe? :D

Edit3: I have a strange bug! I was in extended national park, right before going to Pokewood and I caught the shiny (haha without cheating nor looking for it :p) but when I leave the park to get to route 51 the music starts to go crazy without freezing and suddenly the game resets!? I tried again and managed to enter the tunnels before the reset and everything is fine there but when I try route 51 again it does the same thing?

Last edited:

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
    Years
  • I have been busy lately due to the post grad life and working 40 hours a week now haha. But the game is still in full force. I have read some of the recent comments and will take note of them for the next live update. The Route 50/51 problem is related to the music that is currently playing. Those routes actually have day and night music (a feature that did not exist during the earlier releases of the game, therefore there were never resets on that route... until now). And I think it is the day version of the route's theme that's giving problems. I believe that I have fixed this. Confirm that you are on 2.73 so I can see if the problem is still persisting.

All Kanto trade evolutions evolve with the Link Cable item. Documentation for these kind of things may or may not exist in the future due to a few reasons a) It is very time consuming, as I am trying to assert more time into making the actual game itself b) I rather have players seek out surprises and least expected things during their playthrough in order to provide a more rewarding experience.

Years
  • I have been busy lately due to the post grad life and working 40 hours a week now haha. But the game is still in full force. I have read some of the recent comments and will take note of them for the next live update. The Route 50/51 problem is related to the music that is currently playing. Those routes actually have day and night music (a feature that did not exist during the earlier releases of the game, therefore there were never resets on that route... until now). And I think it is the day version of the route's theme that's giving problems. I believe that I have fixed this. Confirm that you are on 2.73 so I can see if the problem is still persisting.

All Kanto trade evolutions evolve with the Link Cable item. Documentation for these kind of things may or may not exist in the future due to a few reasons a) It is very time consuming, as I am trying to assert more time into making the actual game itself b) I rather have players seek out surprises and least expected things during their playthrough in order to provide a more rewarding experience.

Thanks, also good luck in your life.
    I'm completely stuck, I don't know if it's a bug or if I forgot something… I got Surf and got the rare item but I can't go anywhere further because the message that blocks route 63 doesn't disappear…?

Edit: Ah I found out…! But thats not evident… Actually for me that seems completely impossible to find out without the walkthrough (and I don't like to use a walkthrough! :p), even though there is a panel that says that the scriptures are unstable etc. We don't have any clue!!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hello, im having a HUGE struggle with the events after Ignite Temple.
    I am on Build 3.0 RC 2.69
    I unlocked the cave on Route 55.
    Fought the Unnown.
    Went to the end of the cave, got a "Hmm..." script that can be repeated forever(seriously).
    Only way out that i can think of is fainting every member of my team(which i will never do)
    I know for i'm supposed to unlock a door and fight a fellow named Frozen with that "Hmm" script that isnt really "Hmm.." I was forced to use google.

Soooo... I figured i reached the end of the line or something. Went back to the first post downloaded your latest build "Build 3.0 RC 2.LU PNV 16.ups"
    Patched it to a clean Fire Red Rom
    Renamed it to match my .sav file "pokemon normal.sav".
    Delete the old patched rom
    Moved the new patched rom intothe file with the .sav file
    Booted up the rom in VBA
    Opened my save checked the new report i'm still on build "Build 3.0 RC 2.69"

dont tell me i need to reset my game and save

Last edited:
    Back