• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Odyssey

What do you think to thi sgame?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaSpirit

Mad Programmer
    Years
    Increasing the saturation looks like a good idea. It actually makes it seem more like the show or is that just me? lol. I might even consider doing that for my game...

Waudby

I've been updating the battle system today, well completely rewriting it from scratch really, so far i've done over 700 lines and that's not even the basic system done yet :P

got the beginning animations done as well :D

here's a few shots;

Now, I know the menu is alot like Wichu's for Pokemon Amythest, however I didn't do this just to copy the idea, it's one of the main reasons that I added the touch screen in.

So don't worry Wichu, I'm not a thief :P the menu screen isn't finished yet either, I've still got to add a few finer details to it.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Nice. But i got a complaint. If your going to saturate all the pokemon sprites why dont you saturate the trainer sprites and backrounds. Otherwise the colorful on the saturated natural look is going to be a bit meh.

Waudby

Nice. But i got a complaint. If your going to saturate all the pokemon sprites why dont you saturate the trainer sprites and backrounds. Otherwise the colorful on the saturated natural look is going to be a bit meh.

I will end up saturating everything if it looks better.

Better or worse?

Also I have a small video of the intro animation.

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    A whole lot better. Also waudby i dont know if you would mind but when the demo is released may i use the battle code as a base? I mean ill eventually edit it to my tastes and all.

Waudby

Well, the battle system is highly dependent on quite alot of the rest of my game so to use it would mean you pretty much just taking what i've done as a whole and making your game from it, so for that reason, I'm gonna have to say no.

Sorry about that.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    So wait im not upset or anything just wondering. The battle system works on the game how? Like without some other codes in the game it wont work?

Waudby

So wait im not upset or anything just wondering. The battle system works on the game how? Like without some other codes in the game it wont work?

Yeah, basically, for the battle system to work it needs to use my Pokemon Stats system, my move system, my item system and a few other systems for their features, and without these, you'd just run into hundreds of errors :/

I will make a basic battle system template for people to use though, at some point :P

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    aho ok now that you explained it im truly sorry if bothered or annoyed by me questions! Anyway well i hope that does come out soon as im a bit hopeless when it comes to coding...anyway the game truly will be pc masterpiece and hopefully the sceond fan game to be completed here.

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
    Years
    It's cute, but it does look an awful lot like Wichu's custom battle menus :\

In my personal opinion, the touch screen is a great feature, but for a swing of originality you could have the screen go to another menu page, sort of what would have been on the bottom of the DS Screen while in battle. You could have pretty custom effects there, plus you could use the touch screen, and you wouldn't be that close to Wichu's.

Only a suggestion : p Cheers for being able to construct that x3 I also love the touch screen capability <3

Waudby

I did have a background in there before, and it's as simple as uncommenting out a line to add it back in, I'm going to fix it up a bit more to add there original spark to it., having another screen opening however, makes it seems really strange for some reason, cos it takes you away from the idea of battle.

punkforlife93

Mudpimp
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2011
    I have to admit, your battle system looks the best out of those I've seen. Just in general, having D/P graphics gives you a boost in my books.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Not bad :P

I still think mine's better, though... :P
    Is there any way you could get the Pokémon's icon onto the Fight button? I like that you didn't just use the buttons from D/P, anyway. The mouse control is pretty awesome, too. But maybe you could have the button light up when the mouse is over it (like how I have a button's opacity increase when it's selected)?

And no, I don't mind that it looks similar. It's better than us both using the default GBA menus, as this way, they're still very different in appearance.

Waudby

I still think mine's better, though... :P
    Is there any way you could get the Pokémon's icon onto the Fight button? I like that you didn't just use the buttons from D/P, anyway. The mouse control is pretty awesome, too. But maybe you could have the button light up when the mouse is over it (like how I have a button's opacity increase when it's selected)?

And no, I don't mind that it looks similar. It's better than us both using the default GBA menus, as this way, they're still very different in appearance.

Well I'm glad you don't mind, some people would've been funny about it.

I'm gonna add a few little details to it as well, like the Pokéballs to show how much you have left etc, I might try and add in the feature you said about getting light as you're hovering over them, it shouldn't be too difficult either.

I am going to tone down the colours of the icons to fit in with the new tone too :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back