• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Odyssey

What do you think to thi sgame?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

elynxer

Sworedyz
Years
  • That's a great idea!! I think it would make things less linear in Pokemon, and if executed properly, people would look forward to them.
    If you're still accepting new pokemon submissions..(Yes, Yes, I know they are called Fakemon, but I don't care to call them that)
    Let's see.. How about some sort of Omeoba-like pokemon? It's surrounded with water, and hovers above the ground. How about a Water Ghost type? That'd be kinda cool. It would shoot out water from it's giant omeoba-bubble thingie of water, and then it could also attack with ghost moves. Or, maybe it attacks you psychically. Either way, it'd be kinda cool. I'd call it a Water Demon, or Water Sprite/Spirit.

Waudby

Hopefully it will cut away some of the straight-forwardness of pokemon games, there will also be packages added to the game after release date that will extend areas and add buildings etc, you may see some construction going on, and perhaps after a certain amount of time you may even see the existing towns and cities change and increase in population or decrease.

I am looking to maybe have some sort of an economy system outside of the game engine, where each week I will decide how the economy of the region is and how this will effect the game world. So you may see price increases or decrease on items or your items may be worth more.

http://spheredev.org/~waudby/index.htm

Is the home page for the new Odyssey website. It will eventually look more pleasing to the eye, however I think it's quite fresh, bare in mind in no web designer and this is under an hours work.

Last edited:

CP3

2Pac is still alive!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    It looks great for only an hours work.

1 question:
    Are you going to add a forum when the game releases?

Years
  • Hey Waudby, nice job on the website layout. But I just thought I'd point out an error in the Gallery section, when I click on "The Bug Catching Contest." link it takes me to the "The new in-battle summary screen for your Pokémon." instead.

Waudby

I will add the games own forum once I have time to work on it a little bit more, as it stands I am about to go and sleep :P

Also the reason the image is directing to the wrong place is because I am now just finishing changing from lightbox to lytebox as it has less dependancys.

CP3

2Pac is still alive!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I am looking to maybe have some sort of an economy system outside of the game engine, where each week I will decide how the economy of the region is and how this will effect the game world. So you may see price increases or decrease on items or your items may be worth more.

Wouldn't this be better in-game like so, if the player spends a huge amount money in Jubelife City, that would help the economy and lower the prices of good, but if the player decides not to spend a lot of money in Canalave City,or they decided they're going to steal from there all the time ,the economy starts declining and they don't have much to sell and their prices are extremely high.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2014
    Wouldn't this be better in-game
    Seconded...unless your goal is to make something like Webkinz or Neopets along the road.
    So long as you have a game time system in place, for every hour and a hal;f of gameplay or something, maybe a 'random event' changes the market for a certain good...the t.v.s could advertise such a change when+where appropriate.

Um, you hardly mentioned any story in the first post...only some mention that either you're taking an episodic or vignette-y approach. You do intend on interlocking the 'stories', right? A game is like a paragraph, one thought...or several if they are all intertwined somehow. Do you have anything in this departmentperhaps somewhere else in the thread?

Waudby

Wouldn't this be better in-game like so, if the player spends a huge amount money in Jubelife City, that would help the economy and lower the prices of good, but if the player decides not to spend a lot of money in Canalave City,or they decided they're going to steal from there all the time ,the economy starts declining and they don't have much to sell and their prices are extremely high.

There will be that kind of thing for the individual towns as well. But there will also be a more overall system, kinda like a government in place, so that I can decided on how things will change.

I am now trying to work on a system that will update the game based on the current version if an internet connection is detected, as this would make things so much easier to do.

Agent Zero:

There's been a lack of story updates for a number of reasons, in the beginning I was focused on getting so many system done before progressing onto the story. Now that I have begun to develop the story a bit more, more will be told, as of yesterday I have gotten rid of all the screenshots that were hosted on my site except a small amount of the newer ones.

From time to time I will update with small amounts of storyline information. But I want to keep fans guessing what the game will be like.

Waudby

I would just like to publically announce my website again, hopefully this isn't against rules.

www.spheredev.org/~waudby

I will be updating (hopefully) most days on there that progress is made, so it's more likely to show new stuff, I am constantly updating the site to have new sections so please check back frequently, I'd liek to thank Vampire://Krimm for the awesome logo that was made.

The site will feature a lengthy prologue of the Stories in Pokémon Odyssey, these may or may not be available to play after the final release of the game if people like the story.

They would be released as part of a main character telling you these stories and you acting them out etc.

Hopefully interest in this thread will perk up again soon, with the update that is on it's way soon :D

it's quite a big step forward I think, and will hopefully lead to an even bigger thing :P

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
    Years
    • CT
    • Seen Jan 17, 2016
    I must respect the amount of effort put into the making of this game, but, I just have to ask. What real synergy do pokemon and Fable have with each other? The games are so far apart on the spectrum of RPGs, I can't help but love the originality and oddity of the combination. However, it seems like an alignment system wouldn't really work if the player can't commit any real crimes...
    If you're going to go all out with the connection though, I think it would be interesting if there were traveling events, such as traders and event characters (rivals, gym leaders), that changed with the day.

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2012
    I'd be happy to help with whatever you need, i have some spriting and gamemaking experence and have lots of good ideas... so if u need my help just ask. I can do anything + if u want i can help u with the plot as i love writing storys

Waudby

I must respect the amount of effort put into the making of this game, but, I just have to ask. What real synergy do pokemon and Fable have with each other? The games are so far apart on the spectrum of RPGs, I can't help but love the originality and oddity of the combination. However, it seems like an alignment system wouldn't really work if the player can't commit any real crimes...
    If you're going to go all out with the connection though, I think it would be interesting if there were traveling events, such as traders and event characters (rivals, gym leaders), that changed with the day.

Well, in comparison to Fable the alignment system is different. Depending on which side you choose to do quests for you gain alignment points, and certain quests are only available at certain levels of alignment.

For instance, you may be asked to help the local mart restock by traveling to the next town and picking up some goods and then returning, this will offer you "good points" to your alignment, once you have enough of these, then you may be able to take on more quests to help people for example, someone may ask you to take one of their pokémon to the pokécenter to be healed, if you are good and people think you are trustworthy then you can take the task if you're not good enough you wont be asked.

About the traders etc, it is a feature I'm looking into having, however more will be said about this on the big update day.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2009
    thought I'd drop by..this game looks cool..just one itsy bitsy question(dunno if it's been asked yet:$)are there gonna be new pokemon in this game?

Waudby

Just though I'd let you know that the forums on my website are now online, and are very bare, feel free to join and post away :D

It's not just for my game either, post your game ideas etc too.

CP3

2Pac is still alive!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I just joined. I have to say the forum really looks nice and clean.

Nice Job Waudby!!!!!!;)

Waudby

I really wanna announce this new feature and bring the update, but it's just not ready yet, I'm so excited about it because I think I'll be the first fangame to properly have this in a game, mind you, it's not the first fangame here that has promised it but not come through with it :P

It's getting closer and closer each day, the main core is there just some of the features need to be added.

Can anyone guess what it is?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • If it has to with sword fghts like in zelda games then i cant do anything but quit ,my game cause im copying you. Otherwise i cant wait!

Waudby

Haha nope nothing to do with sword fighting.

It is something that everyone will have to use at a certain time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back