• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Odyssey

What do you think to thi sgame?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CP3

2Pac is still alive!
Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    These screens are great, great job.;)

Waudby

Just a minor update on what's being worked on, we are in the process of creating a new system within Sphere that will allow the use of mysql databases to save online data.

So far this is going well, and we can create and delete accounts on the server, hopefully this will allow us to have an online leader board with wins and losses etc.

Waudby

Would people want to play as a customizable character right from the start of the game, and not just while playing online?

Currently we are making (well Riceeman) some custom sprites to play as online.

However it would be a little novelty feature for the player to choose a sprite at the start, so what do you think?

Waudby

Yeah , there's gonna be a few different types of spriteset to choose from.

as well as the obvious male and female differences.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Well, if you're making custom sprites for players in the online mode, you may as well use them offline too. Unless it involves heavy code modification, of course...

Waudby

Nope, code modification is very minimal since everything is referenced anyway so that I can just change, one line to change the whole thing.

Waudby

I'm also looking for a spriter to do some serious spriting work for the game, which big benefits such as an early version of the game etc due to being on the team, or first choice of being a tester etc.

I am looking for someone who has very good talent at drawing trainer sprites for use within the battle system, in D/P style, as well as the back sprites for the heros.

If you are interested please post or PM me, with examples of your work.

CP3

2Pac is still alive!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Will there be character customization in-game, or would be too much work?

Radnen

Pokemon Odyssey Network Monkey
    Years
  • I am looking for someone who has very good talent at drawing trainer sprites for use within the battle system, in D/P style, as well as the back sprites for the heros.

Hey, I can draw too, y'know. I usually draw Ruby/Sapphire graphics, but if you give me a while to observe the D/P style for the sprites, I may just be able to draw some nice trainer battle sprites, as well as NPC's. Remember, I drew that Networking Clerk, and some tiles within the networking room.

So I guess it's final, you will be able to choose your sprite from the start.

Also Waudby, you would also need the front sprites for the player as well for use within the player menu.

Anyways, expect some good stuff coming from us from now till Christmas. I have no idea when Waudby will release his next demo, but it may have something to do with the networking seeing as it gets more and more solid each day.

Recently we just officially added networking into the odyssey project. It is now no longer some side-game thingy, but a full blown feature. :)

Waudby

Ah I wasn't sure if asking you to try the sprites was putting too much onto you, what with still working on the networking side of it as much as possible. So that's why I didn't
    ask.

I'm now working on a few designs for the female sprites, hopefully we will be able to see them in game soon :D

The first post has been updated with a surprise screenshot :P

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    screenshot%202008.12.21%2017.38.05.0763.png

Must I realize reemphasize on how much I love you James? :D

Waudby

screenshot%202008.12.21%2017.38.05.0763.png

Must I realize reemphasize on how much I love you James? :D

Wait until you see more :D

will you get to battle with other online people?

Yeah when the system is finalized you will be able to trade and battle online with friends.

What pokemon do you start out with?

At the moment, I am keeping the starters very simple for the first release version and these will be Cyndaquil, Chikorita, and Totodile. This is simply because, GSC are my favored generation of the games.

I wouldn't go as far as saying it's been already accomplished to some degree so early on.

To do it to some degree wouldn't be too overly difficult, it would mean adding a sending and receiving data functions as well as just adding some extra statements to determine if it's an online battle or not.

~Äkumà~

Vampire Boy
    Years
  • do u have any idea when the game should be out for people to try??? sounds amazing and im looking forward to it now

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back