• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Odyssey

What do you think to thi sgame?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waudby

No i mean what ist the plot of the game. I only understand the Prologue. Are we supposed to be finding this treasure

The story hasn't been fully revealed yet, only small tidbits have.

I will keep feeding small amounts of information to everyone to keep the interest and keep people guessing a bit.

The storyline, will feature the gyms, however they're not as important as the rest of the official games.

Less focus will be on those and more on a developing storyline as I think that is where the official branch of games lose most of their value.

So keep checking back on the backs every few days or every week and hope that I show some more.

Oh and the treasure! It will be part of the game, not a hugely vital role to the game, but player's do have the choice to pursue the treasure if they want to.

Waudby

Can you still dress like platinum lucas? He is so badass in that clothing thats why. I love the jacket.

If I redo his sprite in the new style then yes, however I may make it more of a novelty thing after you finish the game/do something important.

I really want to get away from using the official overworlds, I would like to create a new and fresh feel to the game instead of the same stuff every fangame has.

The quality of the game is improving everyday, with work always being done in some form.

I've been taking time out recently to create the sprites for the game so things in the actually story and mapping areas have gone a bit dry.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Goodie and spamming off topic makes you look dumb as well. Anyway aha ok i get you. wait these arent dp per portioned sprites? Sweet. I would love it as a novelty you had em as heroes clothes. Like apparently these things where in style and was worn by the people who drove away team rocket galactic and such. Get me?

Anuhrima

Darkness and Rebirth
    Years
    I am not spamming. I am just saying that you should not use bad language.
    So you get to buy the clothes and other stuff when you finish the game

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2011
    This is like a Pokemon version of Megaman Battle Network. Great idea, good stuff. Very interested to see how this plays out.

Waudby

Goodie and spamming off topic makes you look dumb as well. Anyway aha ok i get you. wait these arent dp per portioned sprites? Sweet. I would love it as a novelty you had em as heroes clothes. Like apparently these things where in style and was worn by the people who drove away team rocket galactic and such. Get me?

Yeah well, there will be updates after the game release date that will include new clothing etc, perhaps even some with hats and scarfs etc, maybe even a cape ;)

I will add a wardrobe feature to the players bedroom I think which allows free changing of clothes that you own. Some places will be off limits if you don't have the correct clothing, for instance, there could be a very fancy and posh resturant that if you don't have the "suit" clothing you cannot look around etc.

I am not spamming. I am just saying that you should not use bad language.
    So you get to buy the clothes and other stuff when you finish the game

You get to buy clothes all through the game, just special clothing will be unlocked at points in the throughout the game.

Please bare in mind that for each of these new overworlds, all 384 different variations we have to sprite a front and back trainer sprite for battles :/ so if you don't see a decent update for a short amount of time, that's why we are working hard on the sprites that are needed.

So also if you see any updates which still have the lucas back sprite in the battle, it's because we either haven't done the correct sprites, or because we wanna be mean and keep it a secret :P

Radnen

Pokemon Odyssey Network Monkey
    Years
    Waudby is planning many features for this game, some of which are novelty features to keep players playing and interested. Sometimes you are required to change your outfit.

Say there is some illegal stuff happening at a police station, some cops have gone corrupt. And you must buy a police uniform and investigate what is happening. And we can throw in a minigame, such as dodge the police, try to avoid being caught. That sort of stuff.

Anyways, this will hopefully be a bit different than most pokemon (fan)games, or so I think. Waudby has some pretty ambitious ideas, and we all would love them to be actualized.

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2011
    And in 2 simple posts, you've raised my intrigue on this game even more. Can't wait to see what you have to show with this game!

Waudby

Umm will you get to change the race of the character.

We are working on different coloured sprites, however depending on how these come out in the style i've gone for will affect whether or not they are in the game.

Or these may come as an add on later on.

CP3

2Pac is still alive!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Wow, the game is really coming along great.

Looks like you finally have an avatar, Waudby.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I was about to point that out waudster. I mean you have to make for the trainer card an army of fron sprites for each combanation. thats a lot. I mean hair color then shirt then pants all 3 of those you could have thousands of combos. Good luck spriting.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I was about to point that out waudster. I mean you have to make for the trainer card an army of fron sprites for each combanation. thats a lot. I mean hair color then shirt then pants all 3 of those you could have thousands of combos. Good luck spriting.

Or just do it how I did it, and have separate sprites for each item of clothing. That way, you can just layer them on top of each other to get your trainer sprite.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    could anyone tell me when i can download pokemon odyssesy and where to download it from?

ok
    thanks

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Yeah but to layer some of the clothes it could look tacky like the shirt is longer then the pants and such but the pants would be over gah never mind. Cape? Lances i hope.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back