• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon of X type learn a move at X level

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2014
    Hey, I want to know if it's possible to make, for example, that all grass type pokémon learn a move after reaching, for example, level 100.
    Can someone help me with this?
    I'm trying to make a system so every Pokémon will learn a move depending on its type after reaching lvl 100.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    pokemon.txt
    Moves=

No really, it works!

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2014
    pokemon.txt
    Moves=

No really, it works!
    I know this, but instead of editing all the Pokémon I'd prefer to be able to add some script to make all grass type pokémon learn a move at lvl 100.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    For the record I'd like to point out that editing pokemon.txt in the way I described is the easy way. It'd take a while, but you know exactly what you're doing and you have complete control over it.

The problem with trying to make a script to automate this is how you decide which move to learn. Does Pidgeot learn a Normal move or a Flying move, or both? Every dual-typed species is an example of this dilemma.

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2014
    For the record I'd like to point out that editing pokemon.txt in the way I described is the easy way. It'd take a while, but you know exactly what you're doing and you have complete control over it.

The problem with trying to make a script to automate this is how you decide which move to learn. Does Pidgeot learn a Normal move or a Flying move, or both? Every dual-typed species is an example of this dilemma.

Oh, I didn't notice that.
    Well, I think my game will include like 50 or 60 Pokémon with an especial new move at level 100 instead of all the Pokémon, and I'll do it by editing pokemon.txt
    Thanks for the help and sorry for the inconvenience.

Back