• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Pangaea IC

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
  • @Turkish Delight - It's a good post, but I'd like your battles to be a bit longer next time.

Elgyem grew to lv. 11!
    Carlos caught a lv. female Ekans!

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
    Years
  • ((OOC: I don't know why, but I can't shake the feeling that this post is a bit badly written, or at least somewhat inconsistent. So I apologize in advance for this post's possibly bad writing and inconsistency.))

Aurum Wehementhi
    Amphipolis
    --------------------------------------------

In the small streets of Amphipolis, a figure that was blurred by the heat appeared. Upon closer inspection, one might find that this figure was actually a boy, or a young man depending on your view of things. He was… quite the peculiar sight to most of the people living in Pangaea, or at least the ones living in this small fishing-village. He appeared to be very broad-shouldered, or maybe that was his jet-black blazer creating an illusion? But the most outstanding thing wasn't his clothes, oh no! The thing that most people would take note when it came to this boy would be his ridiculous hair and… HEY! Watch where you're going kid!

Aurum paid no mind to the man in the strange outfit that he had just bumped into, it's hard to know if he even realized that he had walked into somebody. Because all of his attention was directed towards the red and white spherical object, resting in his hand. The Pokéball containing his very own Pokémon… It had gotten a bit warmer now for resting in Aurum's palm for quite some time now since he left Professor Cypress and her assistant on the docks. Come to think of it, the assistant didn't say much at all. Maybe it was some sort of hierarchy-issue, who knew?

However, as when most of the new and aspiring trainers first got their hands on the starter assigned for them would let it out of its Pokéball immediately, Aurum had no intention of doing so. For starters (no pun intended), he wanted it to feel special when he walked out on his first route with the hopes of becoming a skilled trainer, both for him and his Pokémon. Also, even though this place wasn't full of people, the Pokémon could get frightened if it was let out among a massive group of unknown humans. So Aurum pressed on. The teen took a deep breath out of the air and coughed a bit again. The air was REALLY salty here from all the sea and fish and Arceus-knows-what. But it was a nice change of scenery from the exhaust-filled iron jungle that was Castelia City. Sure, he got a lot of looks here, but at least they weren't looks of fear or hate. These people were naturally curious about him, and why wouldn't they be?

Aurum scoffed at the Pangaean people's interest in him. He wasn't exactly the easiest guy to get to know more about, at least not from his own mouth. However there were a lot of rumors about him going around in his hometown, but honestly more than half of them were false. People's imagination these days… Aurum just scoffed again and started walking towards what looked like a very long road.

The dry grass crumpled under the feet of Aurum as he walked by the Via. The sixteen-year old looked around; this reminded him a bit of the Desert Resort but without all that annoying sand that would blow up in your face and those strange Sigilyphs that would roam the area once in a while. This seemed like a good place to meet his starter Pokémon. So Aurum searched his pocket and pulled out the little orb. He enlarged it, the Pokéball was now equal in heat to himself, had he really hold it for that long? Whatever, he carefully pressed the white button on the ball's front, not noticing the two menacing shadows lurking in a sand-colored bush a few feet behind him.

"Urrhhh, do we really have to stay here Jarl? I told you how uncomfortable I am with doing this…" one of the shadows said.

"Stop whining or shut up Jorgen, we have no time to dawdle." Jarl said with a hint of annoyance in his voice.

"Well…" Jorgen looked down to the ground, "Could I at least take my suit of? I can't stand the heat in it, heck I'm sweating more than a Poliwhirl outta' water."

"No, you can't." Jarl said with a stern tone, "We MUST remain professional no matter what; those were Mr. Wehementhi's orders."

"B-But…" Jorgen looked at his partner with a pleading look, "Can I the cool myself with something?"

"Sure. No prohibition regarding that matter." Jarl said.

"Well thank you Jarl, good that your highness at least allows me to do that." Jorgen said sarcastically and took out a Pokéball from his pocket. And with a white flash of light a small shape appeared on the ground beside the muscular bodyguard.

"Lo! Lotad, lo!" the creature said and smiled at Jorgen. It was a small, blue Pokémon with what looked like a lily pad on its head.

"Jorgen? Where did you get that Pokémon?" Jarl asked with a hint of interest in his voice.

"Oh, this?" Jorgen looked up at Jarl with sort of a mischievous smile on his lips, "It's a Lotad, I bought her from a breeder on the way to Pangaea. He said that he only had this one left and that it possessed "special abilities", so I bought it!"

"Jorgen… Are you stupid?" Jarl sighed, "That man was obviously tricking you into buying his ordinary Pokémon! There is probably NOTHING special about that creature!"

"Hey, don't say that!" Jorgen exclaimed, "You'll make her sad!"

"What was that?" Aurum looked back, he thought that he had heard Jorgen's voice just now… Naaaahh, Jorgen was on his way home to Castelia, why would he be here? The teen shrugged and looked down on the shape standing by his feet. It was small and had a yellow-and-cream coloration; apparently something looking like pants hanging too low were nestled around the creature's feet.

"Scraggy…" Aurum said. Of course he recognized the Dark- and Fighting-type immediately, after all they were quite common in the Desert Resort and some even sought their way into Castelia City itself. The hoodlum-Pokémon looked up at its new trainer with big, excited eyes.

"Scraaa…" it said. Aurum looked down at his new Pokémon. Although it was just a Scraggy, something he had laid eyes on plenty of times during his life, there was something different about it. This wasn't just any boring, ordinary Scraggy, Aurum could feel it. This Scraggy, this particular Scraggy had a special aura to it. To Aurum it felt like being away to somewhere unknown, but at the same time being home inside the safe walls of your own house.

"I think that I know why this is…" Aurum said carefully, "I think I know why I get this feeling simply by looking at you…"

"Scraa…?" the Scraggy tilted its head at its new master's comment.

"It's because you're mine. You are mine, my very own and first Pokémon…" He continued, seemingly drifting off for a little bit. Aurum sat down so that he would be in level with his new companion, then he reached out for the Pokémon's hand in a friendly handshake. The Scraggy looked at the hand with intensity beaming from his eyes. Aurum moved a little closer to the Pokémon, just as the Scraggy moved closer to him. The Pokémon looked up, its eyes gleaming with excitement…

*BAM*

"OUWCH!!! What the actual HELL was that for?!" Aurum shouted after he had been head-butted right in the chin by his new Pokémon.

"Scraa…?" the Pokémon tilted its head a bit at its master's sudden outburst. What had he done? Why was his master angry at him? He just wanted to show some affection… Why…? The Scraggy's eyes started to tear up and soon enough, small drips could be seen flowing down its cheeks.

"Owowowoww…" Aurum gently rubbed his chin after the assault and shot his new Pokémon a menacing glare. But when he saw the Scraggy's tears, the teen got up from the ground and looked at the Shedding-Pokémon.

"Why are you crying?" he asked in a stern voice, "You're my new Pokémon, my new bodyguard. And if you're gonna' be a bodyguard of mine, you need to be though and strong! So man up and stop crying!"

"Suh-Scraaa…" the Pokémon said and wiped its tears.

"There we go! Now, I'm gonna' lay down some ground-rules for ya'. One, you will refer to me as Boss, Mr. Wehementhi, Sir or Master. Got that?" Aurum said and looked down at the Scraggy.

"Scuh-Scra!"

"Good. Two, you WILL follow my orders, no matter how stupid they may be, got that?"

"Scrarara!"

"Three, you will NEVER doubt my decision. Okay, I know that it's kinda' like number two, but you get what I mean."

"Scra-ha!"

"Good. Now you will swear your future services to the Wehementhi-family. Kneel down before me, since my father isn't here, I'm the family-head right here." Aurum said while standing, almost, completely still.

"Scra." The Scraggy walked over to Aurum, holding up its trouser-like skin so that it wouldn't get in the way of it, and kneeled down before his master. Aurum was a bit surprised that the Scraggy was so obedient towards him; probably this was the start of a lifelong friendship or something like that… Anyway!

"Do you… Wait… You don't have a name beside Scraggy right?"

"Scra."

"Well, that's kinda' boring dontcha' think? You need another name, a cool name, a name that will tell people as well as Pokémon to back the fudge off if they don't wanna' be in for a beating. How about… Knuckle?"

"Scra, scrarara!" Knuckle said enthusiastically, the little guy seemed to like his new name!

"So, Knuckle the Scraggy, do accept to be taken into the Wehementhi-family?" Aurum said.

"Scraggy!"(Of course Boss!) Knuckle said where he was in front of Aurum.

"Do you swear lifelong respect and loyalty to me, Aurum Wehementhi, future head of the Wehementhi-family?"

"Scra!"(Yes Boss!)

"Do you swear to NEVER ever think about betraying me or any of your future companions?"

"Scrara, rascra!"(The thought will never cross my mind Boss!)

"And finally, will you swear to always protect other people and Pokémon of the Wehementhi-family and other companions as well?"

"Scraggy, scrascra!"(I truly swear Boss, I swear on my skin and my mother!)

"Good. Welcome to the Wehementhi-family Knuckle, here you will always have somebody by your side."

"Scraggy!"(Thanks Boss!)

Aurum walked slowly on the Via with Knuckle by his side. They had been walking for quite some time now and the sun had started to go down over the horizon. While Aurum was struggling a bit with moving forward since the heat had taken a lot of energy out of him, Knuckle was just doing fine humming along to a song that Aurum didn't recognize.

"Knuckle, wait. I need to rest." He said, a little bit exhausted. Why did this blasted road have to be so long? And why did the climate have to be so hot? Well, he shouldn't complain really, after all he had put himself in this situation when he agreed to come here. Aurum was certain that he must reek with sweat by now. Or maybe not since Knuckle always kept close to him without saying a word. But maybe Scraggy had terrible sense of smell from living most of their lives with bits of sand constantly blown up in their noses. Sigh… Aurum lay down on his back and took out the Trainer Card he had received some hours ago. It was a pretty sight, the magnetic strap glimmered beautifully in the setting sun and both Aurum and Knuckle stared at it with amazement in their eyes. The sixteen-year old sat up; he looked at the horizon for a while and then sighed,

"There's no getting past the fact that it is late, we should make a camp here over the night." Aurum said, a little un-amused by the fact that he had to sleep on the ground tonight. Man, what he would do for a cozy bed right now. But instead of thinking about a nice and fluffy bed, he opened his bag and took out a minor sleeping-bag mumbling something about how this probably adds to his experience and whatnot.
    "Good night Knuckle." He said as he slipped into the sleeping-bag, "Do you want to sleep in your Pokéball or outside of it?"

"Scra, scra!" he exclaimed and crawled on top of Aurum where he quickly made himself comfortable.

"Outside then, I guess." Aurum thought, "But why is this Scraggy so friendly towards me? We've just known each other for a couple of hours! Either this Scraggy is extremely friendly and is easy to trust others, or I seem like some sort of friendly guy to this Scraggy…" Aurum knew that if the first option was true, he would have to change that. Knuckle couldn't go around, trusting completely unknown people. Sure, there existed genuinely nice and helpful souls in most societies, but Aurum had gotten too much of his father's teachings crammed into his skull at this point to believe that.

"Goodnight Knuckle." Aurum said as he closed his eyes.

"Scra, scra."(Goodnight Boss.) the Scraggy answered.

"Wait, Jarl, don't tell me that we have to sleep out here as well?" Jorgen asked his partner nervously.

"Of course we must. Or rather, since I didn't bring any sleeping-bags, we'll have to stay up all night doing shifts in looking after Young Mr. Wehementhi." Jarl calmly answered.

At this point, Jorgen knew that it was pointless to argue with Jarl,
    "Okay then," he said, "But you're taking the first shift, G'night." And with that, Jorgen fell to the ground like a stone, quickly falling asleep before Jarl could stop him.

"What? No wait! Jorgen you bastard, don't fall asleep! I wanted to sleep first dangit!" Jarl said before he went back to watching Aurum.

Last edited:

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • @Mr. Mammoth - Damn, it would suck to be one of those bodyguards haha. It really was a good post, I quite enjoyed the interaction between Aurum and Knuckle.

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
  • Pokemon Pangaea
    Chapter 1 Part 1: Amphípolis

(OOC: Curious questions; I know some roleplays do this but others don't – how many Pokemon are we allowed to have on our team? Is it just six, or is a rotation team? If it's six, if we catch more Pokemon more than that, where do we transfer them to/what happens to them?)

Unlike some others who enjoyed boat rides, Rebekah was not one of them. Stuck in the back in the shade, she attempting to hold in her meal she had just bought before getting on the boat, all the while, covering her body in sun block to protect her fair, er - no pale, skin. Getting something to eat beforehand was just a bad idea.

After finally calming her churning stomach, Bekah slumped down in a shady seat, icy blue eyes looking at the other trainers on the boat. Some had Pokemon with that, and just seeing the trainers playing with them, it made her incredibly jealous. Some were much younger than her too, which made her feel worse.

For the last thirty minutes of the ride, she tilted down her hat to cover her eyes, from the blazing sun and the trainers alike.

The boat's horn signaled its arrival to the docks of Amphípolis, and little by little the people and Pokemon began filing off towards the small fishing village. The sun was brilliant overhead, so, Rebekah quickly dug into her bag for her pair of sunglasses and slipped them on, finally landing on the wooden dock of Amphípolis. She waved her hand like a fan in front of her face in hopes to cool herself, but the hot temperature was still very overbearing. Was it always this hot at ten in the freaking morning?

Nonetheless, Rebekah couldn't help but feel a bit relieved. A smile spread across her face as she remembered exactly why she was here – she was here to go on a Pokemon adventure, and away from her doting, over-protective parents. Unlike countless of her friends who started their journeys earlier than her, she was stuck trying to find jobs in Sunyshore City just to make extra money, always hoping she could be allowed to begin a journey. But she never had – she had to take it upon herself now.

"Good morning," the voice caught Bekah off-guard as she was lost in her thoughts. So, she turned towards the source of the voice, and it belonged to an older, elderly woman, with dark skin, much darker than Bekah's. Confusion was written across Bekah's face as she observed the lady and her assistant standing on the dock in front of her, the dark-skinned lady holding a suitcase in her hand.

"Excuse me, where are my manners," the lady raised her empty hand and laid it across her chest, her expression apologetic. "I am Professor Cypress, and this is my assistant." She moved her hand outwards in a well-mannered gesture. "Now, you are?"

Rebekah looked at her for a moment before taking her hand in a shake, grinning warmly. "I am Silver – er, I mean Rebekah Argent from Sunyshore Town. Sorry, a lot of people call me Silver; it just stuck." Rebekah raised a hand to rub the back of her head, embarrassed.

"No need to explain Miss Argent," Professor Cypress said with a carefree smile and a roll of her shoulders. "I could tell from your silver hair. You see, I was sent pictures and information on all the young adults that were to become trainers here. I saw your silver hair immediately and that's how I recognized you. Silver's a fine nickname too, I like it."

Rebekah blinked, shocked, but then grinned brilliantly. "Oh, why thank you, Professor," she laughed lightly.

"Now, we're not here entirely to chat," the professor said, gesturing her assistant to take the suitcase. And when the assistant did, Professor Cypress flicked open the locks before digging inside and taking out a Pokeball, that fit perfectly in her palm. "Contained inside this Pokeball is your starter. It was pre-determined for you, hope you don't mind."

"Of course not," Bekah grinned as she took the Pokeball from the professor, looking down at the red and white sphere with awe. It's been years since she held one in her hands – at least, ones that contained Pokemon. And this one was hers. It made her gitty for her adventure, but it also almost brought tears to her eyes. After years of begging to go on an adventure, and now it was all here – right in front of her, and the region was ready for her.

"Now, that isn't it," the professor said and Bekah looked up. Professor Cypress had a red and black device in her hand, and Bekah immediately recognized it as a very expensive but informative Pokedex. The other hand had five smaller Pokeballs. "These are for you."

With her free hand (the other still holding the Pokeball with her starter), Bekah took the Pokedex in her hands. "I want to warn you though, Miss Argent, many of the natives here haven't been introduced to technology like this, and many would love to get their hands on it. So, take care of it and don't flaunt it around in public."

Rebekah nodded her head, "Yes ma'am."

"Now, these five Pokeball are empty. You can use them to help capture Pokemon. I'm sure you know how to do that, Miss Argent?" the professor asked with a grin and a wink of her eye.

"Oh yes, weaken down the Pokemon with mine and then throw the Pokeball. If it calms and clicks, it means the Pokemon is caught," Rebekah said with a grin. After putting the Pokedex safely in the right pocket in the inside of her jacket, she reached forward for the empty Pokeballs, only to put those in the left pocket inside of her jacket.

The next thing Professor Cypress dug out was a trainer ID card. She handed it to Rebekah as she spoke, "This trainer ID will help you get free service and free help in any Pokemon Center on the region. It is also your proof that you can compete in the Pangaea Pokemon League. Don't lose it, because it's the only one you can get."

Rebekah nodded firmly. "I'll take excellent care of it." She slipped it into a smaller, see-able, but air tight pocket inside her pocket. She'll be sure to get something to make sure it's on her all the time.

"Alright," Professor Cypress was still grinning. She placed her hands on her hips as her assistant closed the suitcase. "Now, that I gave you what you need, do you want to meet your starter?"

A shock seemed to pass through Bekah, "Oh! Yes! I do," and with the Pokeball still in her hands, she took a step back, and tried to shake the excitement and uneasiness she was feeling. "Alright, partner, come on out!" With a small toss into the air, the Pokeball opened in a flash of white light that was immediately transported to the dock floor. The Pokeball flew back into Bekah's hands just as she looked down at the form, the white glow softly fading.

And when it finally did, Rebekah beamed a smile. It was a big purple fuzz ball that had two white antennae sticking out above pink insect eyes. It moved its small hands lightly and with a chirp of its name, Bekah saw the two little fangs. "A Venonat!"

The insect Pokemon tilted its head to the side, looking up at Bekah. Oblivious to the professor and her assistant still there, she kneeled down eye level with the Pokemon. "Hello there," she said warmly, putting out a hand to allow the Pokemon to smell it to know she meant it no harm. "I'm Rebekah, and I'm your new trainer."

The Pokemon exchanged a glance down to her hand, sniffed it a few times, before-

It ran in a sudden bolt around Rebekah, chirping its name excitedly, running around and around Rebekah, the professor, and her assistant, before finally calming down and jumping up and down at Bekah's side.

"Veno! Veno! Nat!" it chirped, and Rebekah looked down at it in surprise for its sudden action, but then began to laugh.

"Well, it looks like your Venonat has already taken a liking to you," Professor Cypress said with her own laugh. "Now, you know if you ever need some help, I'm just one call away. Your Pokedex has my number automatically recorded into it."

"Wow, thank you," Rebekah beamed as she looked up at Professor Cypress from her spot still kneeling down. She had placed a hand on her Venonat's head, rubbing lightly. She couldn't have asked for a better starter.

"Great, then your adventure awaits," the professor nodded, she and her assistant stepping aside to allow Rebekah past. And Rebekah got up, still grinning towards the professor.

"I can't thank you enough, Professor. I'll be sure to call you any chance I get," Bekah promised. "Now, come along Venonat, let's begin our journey, don't you think?"

"Venonat!" the insect Pokemon jumped a few times before running to join Bekah, right behind at her heels.

Rebekah hoped that whatever awaited her in the region, it would help her and her new Pokemon to grow.

Last edited:

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • @Royal - Oh waht a sweet post, I thoroughly enjoyed it and will look forward to your next ones.

Rebekah received a Vanonat!

As for your question, I hadn't yet thought about it. Because I want you to have the optimum of creative freedom I will allow you to carry up to 10 Pokémon at a time with you. If you want to catch more you'd be able to store it to a box at the Pokémon Center.

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
  • Pokemon Pangaea
    Chapter 1 Part 2, Post 1: The Via

The Via was the first step on Bekah's journey to actually become a great trainer. She had just received her first Pokemon, an energetic little Venonat, as well as five Pokeballs, a Pokedex, and her trainer card. Her Trainer ID had already been outfitted with the information she needed to enter the Pangaea Pokemon League.

After she battled a few of the gyms, or caught some new Pokemon, she'd be sure to contact some of her family about it. After all, she did leave on a bittersweet note. With her parents having no nice words to say about her becoming a trainer, even after her little brother left to become one, it made her feel horrible. It made her feel like her brother was of more importance than she was. But she'd make sure that wasn't the case! She'd prove to her parents she was a little girl to only needed protection and would hurt herself with any time she was alone. But it was wrong – it was all wrong.

It was time to prove it.

But first-

"Venonat, please stop running ahead!" Rebekah called after her insect Pokemon as it rushed in front of her on the paved road, chirping out its names in excited syllables. Rebekah sighed as her starter wouldn't stop. She sighed. "Well, maybe this would be a good time to look up on Venonat." She withdrew the Pokedex from one of her jacket's pockets and pointed the camera toward the running Pokemon.

Spoiler:

"Huh, interesting," Bekah said to herself as she put the Pokedex back into her pocket, only to glance back up at her energetic little Pokemon. She didn't expect her starter to be so… rambunctious. It was interesting to say in the very least. But Venonat was her starter Pokemon, and one she wanted to care for. They were partners and would be for a long time.

"Venonat, stop running now!" Rebekah shouted out, the and purple insect suddenly stopped, during to its trainer, while chirping its name lowly. It allowed Bekah to catch up. "We really should stick together. After all, we're partners now, alright?"

Her Venonat stared up at her with those pink insect eyes before chirping its name once. Bekah took it that it understood her.

Bekah smiled. "Good. Now stand still so I can check out the moves you have." Bekah withdrew the Pokedex once more, clicked a few buttons and raised it to Venonat. It beeped once before several moves were listed on the screen: Secret Power, Tackle, Disable, Foresight, Supersonic.

So it knew more moves than just five. Wow.

Rebekah put her Pokedex away and then patted her Pokemon on the head. "Alrighty, Venonat, it's you and me together alright? How about we head to the next town." The Venonat remained still for a minute before-

It disappeared from under Bekah's hand, running off the pavement towards the sand dunes and it took a moment for Bekah to even register it. "Venonat, stop, no! Come back!" she yelled after the energetic insect. But it didn't stop, it continued on, disappearing past the sandy dunes, and Bekah picked up her pace to follow it, hopefully so she didn't lose it. After all, it wouldn't be good for either of them.

A sudden cry made her fly down the sand dune, frantic to find out the source of the yelling. And it didn't take her long.

She pulled herself to a stop when she saw her Venonat on the ground, back against the sand, flailing its arms and feet trying to get up. And what was worse was a dusty orange thing was emerging from the sand. Its mouth was filled with sharp fangs, and Rebekah fished out the Pokedex quickly, flashing it towards the sand creature.

Spoiler:

It was a Trapinch, and… it was aiming to attack her Venonat!

"Venonat, get up! Uh, uh, use Supersonic!" she frantically began, her usually calm physique gone now that her Pokemon faced danger. But the purple insect was having trouble getting back up, still flailing its legs, chirping its name loudly.

The Trapinch lunged forward, jaws open, snapping in ready for a Bite attack. And it quickly hit its mark, snatching a good part of Venonat's purple fuzzy body in its mouth and lifting upwards. Venonat was caught in its jaws as the Trapinch shook its head back and forth. Venonat was crying out its name.

"Enough, Venonat try to use Disable!" Bekah called out, her voice uneasy. But her Pokemon was frantic and deadly afraid.

It was thrown several feet across the sand by Trapinch, rolling against it while its purple fur became an unkempt mess. It began to struggle to its feet. But the Trapinch was quicker, digging into the sand and appearing in front of Venonat to quickly jump in for another Bite attack.

That final Bite attack was enough. The Trapinch hissed once before burrowing itself in the sand, leaving the injured Venonat breathing heavily on its back against the sand. Bekah ran up to it, scooped it up in her arms (all 66 pounds of it), and ran away from the sandy beach towards the paved road once again.

She stopped then, sitting down on the break between the grass and the pavement, nursing the injured Venonat in her arms. "I'm sorry, Venonat," Bekah whispered to her injured Pokemon. It gave out a hollow chirp, but it was out of breath and injured.

"Is your Venonat alright?"

Bekah looked up (her sunglasses off, she put them away before getting on the path) to see a man just a few years older than her standing on the path, looking down at the Pokemon in her arms concerned.

"I… I don't know," Bekah said after a long pause.

The man bent down. "May I?" he offered, extending a hand. Rebekah nodded and the man laid a hand on the insect Pokemon, rubbing lightly against one of its wounds. "It doesn't look too bad. Here, I think I have an Oran Berry or two in my bag." The man reached into the back of his bag and retrieved a large blue berry.

"Make it eat this, and it should feel better in a little bit," he said, placing the berry in her hand. Bekah looked up at him, at the spiked black hair and blue-green eyes.

"Thank you," she smiled lightly.

He laughed. "It's no problem. Come on, why don't I bring you to the beach. It's a better place to sit down and rest. And it's beautiful too." Bekah blinked, but nodded, pulling herself up from the ground with Venonat and the Oran Berry in her hands.

With the older boy in front of her, it didn't take long before they were at the beach, calm waves lapping at the sandy shore.

"Your Venonat should be alright in about an hour or two after its eats that," the boy said.

"Thank you," Bekah said. "I… I didn't catch your name?"

He laughed. "My name is Derek. And you?"

"Bekah."

"Well, Bekah, it was nice to meet you. I hope to see you around some time in the future," Derek added with an one million watt grin. "And do be careful of the Trapinch around here. I heard their Bite attack is nasty – to both Pokemon and human alike."

Bekah watched it turn around and head back to the path. "Thanks for the advice," Bekah whispered. If only she knew that before she could have easily recalled Venonat back into its Pokeball, and avoided Venonat's injuries.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • @Royal - Hmm, why do I get the feeling we'll meet him again? A good post, I like the fact that she has a learning curve.

Venonat grew to lv. 11 and learned Confusion!

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
  • @Swan: Yeah sorry about that, but neither Elgyem nor Ekans have a very wide movepool at such low levels. I'll try to improve for my next battle.

Carlos Fierro
    Chapter One

Part three

The Pokéball flew towards the purple, snake Pokémon. It collided with its head, the Ekans then turned into red light and was absorbed into the capsule. The ball hit the floor and began shaking vigorously from side to side, flashing a bright red colour. I bit my lip in anticipation and Elgyem seemed nervous as well. Seconds passed, but it felt like an eternity. Eventually, the ball ceased to rock and halted the flashing that it was emitting. A sound emerged from the ball, a symbol for the capture being a success. The broadest of grins crossed my face, and I immediately turned to Elgyem. His expression matched my own. I slowly made my way to the capsule, when I reached it I squatted down and scooped it up from the floor. The sunlight glimmered on the chrome material of the ball, it was a beautiful sight. I then made my way back to my feet before Elgyem floated towards me. The psychic Pokémon gently landed on my head, evoking another smile from me. So far my adventure was so much fun. I launched the Pokéball into the air, it opened while it was travelling releasing the Ekans that it contained. The Ekans turned to me, and immediately began to hiss. I smiled welcomingly at the Pokémon, but it seemed reluctant to be under my control. It immediately began to slither off, 'Ekans get back here!' I called out to the snake, but Ekans rejected me. I pointed its Pokéball at it and reabsorbed her into the capsule. I sighed, but Elegym just chuckled at me.

The pair, well now we were a trio, continued making our way down the Via path. The beach was growing more and more appealing as time went on. The sun was taking its toll on me, and I was becoming fatigued. I decided that a nice dip in the sea would do me good. I informed Elgyem, who had no objections. Together, we made our way onto the nearby beach, on the left hand side of the road. I briskly got changed, hiding from the locals who were also enjoying the weather by either sunbathing or swimming. I pulled on a pair of white shorts after taking off the rest of my clothing. I then put it all into my bag before leaving Ekans Pokéball resting on top of it. Then, Elgyem and I, began to jog down towards the beach. I thought I got a few stares from a few girls, but I just decided to let it go. As we entered the water I let out a small groan. It was freezing, but I knew this was when it was at its most refreshing, a fact I wish wasn't so. I made my way in until about waist height, where I became frozen. Elgyem then began splashing me with water, much to my irritation. 'Come on buddy, give it a rest,' I politely asked, without a positive result. I then jumped at the little psychic type, who easily dodged my attempt sending me under the water completely. I immediately made my way back to the surface letting out a laugh. Elgyem and I continued to play; swimming and toyfighting. At one stage it even lifted me into the air, and let me fall back into the sea with a huge splash. When I came back to the surface, several young children and teenage girls were laughing at me. I blushed slightly, but I though I hid it well. After another half hour spent in the sea, the pair of us made our way out and back to the land.

Upon re-arriving on land, a few girls approached me with a hey or a hi, which I returned politely, but I didn't have the time to stop and chat. It would be getting dark soon after all, which isn't the best time to be travelling areas that aren't familiar. Upon arriving back at my bag, I was incredibly surprised. Ekans was lying on the floor being assaulted by a Corphish. The water type was slamming its pincers against Ekans's upper body and the latter seemed to have little energy left to fight back. Elgyem then hopped off my shoulder and charged at the crab-like Pokémon and crashed into it head first sending the Corphish rolling backwards. Corphish then climbed back to its feet, before opening its claws and releasing large amounts of bubbles at my psychic type. The attacks hit continuously, stinging its skin and forcing it to let out smal cries of pain. I panicked, unaware of what moves to use. 'Elgyem, let's go quickly! Use teleport!' I called out in desperation, which the psychic type obliged. It disappeared and reappeared behind the crab. Before I could think of a move, the Corphish turned and crashed into Elgyem after running towards it. Elgyem then made its way back up sluggishly, it was clearly running low on HP after its battle with Ekans. 'Confusion buddy, you're up,' I suggested, the psychic type then nodded before accepting my advice. It's eyes begun to glow a bright blue, before it began firing waves of the same coloured energy at Corphish. The crab however turned grey and ceased moving just before the attack hit, rendering the attack useless. There was no doubt that this was a very experienced Corphish. The water type then began launching bubbles at Elgyem, again the Cerebral Pokémon let out a cry of pain. At that moment Ekans lunged at the Corphish and whipped it with her tail. The tail was glowing a purple colour, and it knocked Corphish to the floor. The crab then climbed back to its feet and lunged at the Ekans and lashed its claws downwards, but Ekans dodged and wrapped itself around the water type. 'Ek-Ekans,' the snake called out. The psychic type then made its way back to his feet and fired another Confusion at the Corphish, rendering it unconscious. I quickly though that this Pokémon would be a great addition to the party. I took another Pokéball from my bag, and launched it at the crab.

Last edited:

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
  • Pokemon Pangaea
    Chapter 1 Part 2, Post 2: The Via

(OOC: I'm on a roll~ c: )

"Hey there, girl, you feeling better?" Bekah grinned lightly, a few hours after the Trapinch incident, as her Venonat stirred in her hands. It chirped lightly, and wiggling in Bekah's hands; antennae flicked before the insect Pokemon tried to wiggle out of Bekah's arms, falling onto the sandy beach.

It perked up immediately, jumping to its feet and gazing around with those pink compact eyes of hers. "Veno?" it looked around, its antennae flicking this way and that.

"It's okay, Venonat, that Trapinch is gone. You're safe now – we're safe now," Bekah whispered to the Venonat, reaching out a hand to pat the insect Pokemon on the head. It gave off a sound reminiscent to a purr, something of affection. "We don't have to worry about that big ol' Trapinch again, do we?"

Suddenly, Venonat froze underneath Bekah's touch for a moment, and a minute it stayed like that, Bekah's face contorted into confusion. And when that minute passed, it jumped away from Bekah's hand, chirping angrily, flapping its hands at its sides and jumping up and down, almost angrily. It was shaking its body and continued to chirp at Bekah as she stared on at her Pokemon's act. She has only had Venonat for one day, and of course she couldn't understand what its intentions here were.

"Do you… want to battle that Trapinch, again?" Rebekah asked slowly, trying to figure out if this was something her Pokemon wanted. And immediately it stopped shaking and jumped up and down, the tone of its chirping quickly changing. "You do." It nodded, or it did something equivalent to a nod.

Bekah blinked and raised a hand to tap at her chin. "Well, I guess we can do that, but we'd definitely have to train first. You remember what happened last time, don't you?" The Venonat nodded silently. "We can start now then!" Bekah jumped to her feet.

"Alright! We're going to defeat that Trapinch, no doubt about it!" Rebekah said, a wave of confidence flooding over her. "But, we're definitely going to need to train first." She looked around, spotting a few medium-sized rocks in the sand bed. "Alright Venonat, we're going to try and work on your aiming skills. I want you to focus and fire your Secret Power at those rocks one at a time."

"Veno!" Venonat jumped in front of Bekah, its excitement seeming to dissipate, replaced with a sudden seriousness to battle.

"Go, use Secret Power!" Bekah commanded. Her Venonat began to chirp its name, pulling its hands together as a small ball of white light began to build up. But the Pokemon seemed to buzz in its spot, and once the Secret Power built up in its hands, it fired. However, as soon as it fired, Venonat fell backwards, and the attack missed its target by several feet.

"It's okay, Venonat. Let's try it again, but this time don't move. Focus on your attack and your target and keep a strong stance. Once your attack builds up, let it fly!" Bekah called to her Pokemon, and it turned to her to nod.

It jumped back to face its target, the boulder, and pulled its hands together to begin to power up the Secret Power attack. And as it was, it remained in its stance, standing strong against the sandy beach. And finally, when the Secret Power was a ball of energy in the insect Pokemon's hands, Bekah shouted, "Now release it!"

"Venonat!" the insect cried out as it released the white energy towards the boulder. It flew at a blinding speed before smashing into the rock at full force.

"Excellent job, Venonat!" Bekah praised the insect Pokemon as it turned to her, jumping up and down in excitement for its accomplished attack. "Now, why don't we try it again, several times? Focus on the rocks, and release a Secret Power attack to each. Understand?"

Venonat nodded its head, excitement gone as its jumping ceased, turning to its targets again.

The training continued for close to twenty minutes as Venonat shot Secret Power after Secret Power at the rocks, before shattering its first target into several pieces. "Great job, Venonat! How about a break now?" The insect Pokemon walked over to her and sat down at her feet, clearly exhausted from the training. Bekah sat down at its side, placing her backpack on her lap.

"Now, let's see, I think I did stash some Pokemon food in here somewhere. Aha, here it is!" Bekah fished out the can of Pokemon food that had been made fresh with many delicious berries grown in the outskirts of Sunyshore City. "I hope you enjoy it, Venonat. Eat up, we've got a big battle ahead of us."

And immediately, after the first bite, the insect Pokemon began to gulp down bite after bite of the food, and Bekah laughed. "You do like it. I'm glad."

The sun was beginning to go down by the time Bekah and Venonat had finished their training at the beach. Not many other Pokemon had shown themselves, which upset Bekah a bit, but she knew that if she battled with other Pokemon too much it could wound Venonat. But that meant, she probably couldn't add more Pokemon to her team.

"You ready to go find that Trapinch, Venonat?" Bekah asked with a grin. "I'm sure we'll be able to find it where it was before. It was probably territorial, so that has to be its territory." Venonat jumped up and down at her side before the duo began to head back to the paved road. The sand dunes the Trapinch was at was on the other side.

Several carts were heading back to Amphípolis, including one cart owner who watched Bekah and Venonat run past them towards the sand dunes. "Pansage?" the cart owner's Pokemon whispered as it tilted its head to the side. But Bekah and Venonat were too exhilarated to pay attention to the cart owner and his Pokemon partner.

"Good, here we are, Venonat," Rebekah said as they reached the top of the sand dunes. "Now, where is that Trapinch?" The duo began scanning the sandy bed below for any signs of the ant Pokemon. Until-

"There!" Bekah pointed to a dusty orange shape bulging out of the sand. "Venonat, use Secret Power on it now!" Her insect Pokemon immediately obeyed, warming up the bright ball of white energy and releasing it towards the burrowed Trapinch. It hit its target, and sand exploded into the air, knocking the Trapinch out of its hiding place.

The duo slid down from the top of the sand dunes as the Trapinch shook its head and turned to face it. It definitely was the same Trapinch.

It snapped its jaws together angrily, and then charged.

"Venonat, use Foresight!" The insect immediately obeyed, and quickly enough, it dodged to the side as the Trapinch opened its jaws to bite at the purple Pokemon. "Tackle attack now!" Venonat immediately met the Pokemon in the side with the bruising contact move, knocking the ground Pokemon to the side.

The Trapinch skidded to the side, definitely not out. It charged again, quickly regaining its momentum.

"Venonat, Supersonic!" Bekah commanded and the insect released a high pitched ringing towards the ground Pokemon-

But it didn't seem to affect it at all. It caught Venonat and Bekah by surprise, allowing the Trapinch's Bite attack to hit. The Pokemon bit down on Venonat before throwing it several feet away, caught with it laying flat on its stomach.

"Venonat!" Bekah called. The Trapinch immediately charged again. "Venonat, look out!"

The insect jumped to its feet quickly, lifting its hands up. It's eyes began to glow a bright blue and it chirped its name. The Trapinch suddenly stopped in its spot, a blue glow appearing around the ground Pokemon.

"That's Confusion," Bekah said to herself with shock across her face. She grinned. Venonat learned Confusion. Which meant- "Okay Venonat, throw it now!"

Venonat's Confusion attack was successful and knocked the ant Pokemon across the sandy bed. "Now, let's finish this: Secret Power!" Bekah watched as Venonat began to charge up the white energy in its hands, and then sent it flying towards the Pokemon. It hit its target.

"Alright, now it's my turn," Bekah grinned and drew an empty Pokeball from one of the pockets inside her jacket. She clicked the button, which enlarged it, then chucked it towards the unmoving Trapinch. It hit, transporting the Pokemon inside through a beam of semi-transparent pink light.

It landed on the sandy bed, the button blinking red, ball shaking…

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years

• Zaira Montes – The Via, Part 1

The town was very vibrant. People were in and out of the shops, business and maybe residences in the town of Amphipolis. Zaira and Bee walked on the rocky street which lead towards the end. Carts were passing by, carrying fresh goods to sell. Problem is, Zaira is hungry. Her stomach growled loudly, even Bee was able to hear it.

"Beeee bee beeee!" She laughed as she heard the growl.

"Hehe, I must be hungry." Zaira said. "Well, I guess we can stop by and grab a bite before we set off. Are you hungry too?"
    Bee smiled happily and jumped while floating in the air. "Beeeeee beeee!"

"Okay then! Then we should be able to find...something we could both enjoy." Zaira and Bee walked a little further towards the end of the town limits, and that's where they found a short fruit cart, filled with colorful fruit, and ready to serve. There was an old man with a straw hat, a white shirt and old black pants standing next to the cart. He had a white mustache, as well. Zaira's eyes sparkled as she saw the fruit... waiting for her to be grabbed. Bee had her eyes on sliced watermelon. As Zaira spotted a roll of plastic bags, she tore one out, and started to add sliced cantaloupe, watermelon, apples, and pineapple.

The man paid attention to the girl grabbing the fruit, then focused on Bee who was taking a bite of one of the watermelon slices. "Hey you! Your Ledyba is grabbing my watermelon! You're gonna have to pay for that!"

Zaira gasped as she ran to the other side of the cart to stop Bee from eating more watermelon slices. "Bee! Stop it! I already grabbed our own." Then she turned to the old man and frowned. "Sorry...my Ledyba is hungry and she...kinda got carried away." She then looked down in despair, hoping the old man wouldn't be too harsh on her. She tied up the plastic bag of sliced fruit and hands it to the old man.

"That's fine." As he weighed the bag, he changed the subject, staring at Zaira's pink-haired ponytails. "You are definitely not from here, aren't you?"

"Ehh...no. Not from here." Zaira replied.

"I knew it. No one in Pangaea as far as I know has pink hair. First time trainer? Noticed your Ledyba need some obedience training." The old man handed the bag at Zaira. "Also, that will be $4000 (PokeDollars)"

"Yes. I just barely started my journey. I'm about to head over to the Via." Zaira replied as she took out her money and pays the old man. "I just got Ledyba from Professor Cypress, really nice professor, I must say."

"She is indeed!" The old man hands Zaira monetary change. "And I thank you for stopping by to grab some fruit for your journey! I wish you the best of luck, sweetheart."

"Thank you, mister!" Zaira smiled and thanked. Then she and Bee walked away.

As Zaira and Bee reached the end of town limits, she saw that the path in advance was getting a bit more narrow, and more rocky. It was hard for Zaira to walk in this path, as she was wearing black flats shoes. As she started to walk on this short path nearby the seashore, her feet was starting to hurt a bit slowly. Bee didn't have any problem...she was floating with ease. Walking further and further, Zaira finally reached to the point where she can't walk anymore due to the foot pain, and she had to stop. She sighed and took a deep breath. She turned to Bee who was looking at the water close by.

"We should stop and take a break for a little while. Plus, we haven't eaten the fruit yet." she said, stretching her feet releasing the pain. She sat close to the water, from the edge of the rocky path, as the ocean waves were reaching towards her feet. It was weird that there's a rocky path and a short shore towards the beach. It made Zaira wonder of the waves. Bee floated down and her bottom four legs stood on the ground, next to her. Zaira then opened the fruit bag from earlier, and offered a few watermelon slices to Bee. "Want some?"

"Beeeee!" Bee was excitedly hungry. Zaira gave a piece of watermelon and offered by mouth. As Bee was about to eat the watermelon from Zaira's hand, all of the sudden something white and blue rushed through between Bee and Zaira. The watermelon had disappeared from Zaira's hand! Zaira startled a bit, she turned both left and right, and spotted a bird-type Pokemon with the piece of watermelon in between its golden beaks. "Huh?"

"Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!" The Pokemon cried, as it faced Zaira and Bee. It then swallowed the watermelon slice whole. "Wingoooooo."

"Now that's not very nice." Zaira said to the Pokemon. "Who are you?"

Zaira pulled out her Pokedex real quick, and it detected information about the small bird Pokemon. Wingull is a Seagull Pokemon. It uses its long wings to catch the wind and fly the sky. They can fold while resting. "Well, a Wingull! Sweeeeet." Zaira said, as she stared at the Pokemon. Wingull was doing the same, aiming for the bag of fruit. Bee was floating there not knowing what to do.

"Oh no.... it wants our food." Zaira murmured. "What doooo. What doo." She was not sure whether to either throw the fruit to the Wingull, or run away. Immediately, Bee jumped into action. She flew up above Zaira, and stared at the Wingull. As Bee took her position, the Wingull started to fight. It growled loudly at Bee, as the soundwaves were a bit too loud on her.

"Wiiiiiiiiiingoooooooo!!!!"

"Beeeeeee!" The Ledyba shook off the cry, though it felt a bit weaker.

Zaira took out her Pokedex and had to identify what were Bee's current moves. The Pokedex read: LEDYBA. CURRENT MOVES: COMET PUNCH, TACKLE, SUPERSONIC, DRAIN PUNCH. Zaira knew most of the moves...except for Drain Punch. It was a move she has never heard of before, and she didn't know that Bee could learn it. "Beee!" She shouted. "Get ready to battle. Use...uhh.... Tackle!"

Bee flew fast towards the Wingull. It didn't dodge, nor moved. As its wings kept flapping while Bee got closer, it released a spray of water at Bee, pushing her back to Zaira.

"Ahh, Bee!"

"Beeeeeee. Bee bee beee!" Bee cried loudly, getting a bit frustrated.

"Okay, Bee, try again. Use um..." Zaira tries to think of another move. "Use Comet Punch—uh no! Use Drain Punch—NO! Use--"

"BEEE!" The Ledyba shouted at her owner.

The Wingull didn't take any chance while Zaira was having trouble choosing a move for Bee to use. It flew towards Bee and started to release soundwaves from its beak. It was probably its Supersonic move.

"Bee, move out!" Zaira shouted at Bee. "Fly under and use Drain Punch!"

"Beeeee!" Avoiding the supersonic waves, Bee flew right under the Wingull, and her left front arm glowed red. Without the Wingull noticing that Bee was behind it, Bee aims her arm towards it, and the Wingull immediately turned around. It sprays water out of its beak once again, but that didn't stop Bee this time. Her left glowing arm cuts through the squirting water, and punches the Wingull by its abdomen. As the arm touches it, it starts to drain energy. The Wingull started to feel weak after that hit.

"Good going, Bee!" Zaira shouted out.

The Wingull flew down on the edge of the shore, hurt by the blow Bee gave it. It tried catching its breath. Bee flew back towards Zaira, faster than normal, due to gaining her strength again from the Wingull's energy.

"Wiiiiingooo" The Wingull weakly cried.

Now it's my chance to catch it...? thought Zaira. She already has a Pokeball in her hand ready. "If I throw the Pokeball to it, it'll jump back again. I don't want to waste a Pokeball for that." Zaira said.

"Beeee!" Bee shouted at Zaira, encouraging her to catch the Wingull.

"Okay then. Here goes!" Temptations are high now, as Zaira starts to throw the Pokeball right at the weak Wingull. "You're mine, Wingull! Pokeball, go!"

The Pokeball is finally thrown, aiming towards the Wingull on the sand. As the Pokeball touches it and opens, the Wingull is finally sucked inside by a red beam...and the Pokeball closes itself. Zaira concentrated deeply on what the ball was doing exactly, hoping the Wingull doesn't get out. This was Zaira's first attempt in catching a Pokemon on her own. Who knew if she did it right. Bee was floating on the water next to Zaira, also concentrating on the movement of the ball. The ball started to shake roughly, as the red dot in the middle was on.

"Come on... come onnnn." Zaira whispered...becoming a bit impatient of the movement.​

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • @Royal - Again, the learning curve, I love it! I also like that you included the carts, it really adds to the setting. Your roll payd off C:

Venonat grew to lv. 12!
    Rebekah caught a lv. 7 male Trapinch!

@Meganium90 - I love the way you use the setting and that was one great battle!

Ledyba (Bee) grew to lv. 11!
    Zaira caught a lv. 8 female Wingull with the egg move Twister!

Last edited:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • [ Dahlia, Chapter I, Part II ]

Walking along the marble road of The Via, Dahlia and her new Rhyhorn set out on their sights to learning all they can in their new journey. The town of
    Amphípolis was a marvel to behold as well; the village was surrounded by fish vendors who gave off the distinct smell of sea salt and fish in the air. Mosdeep City in Hoenn wasn't exactly known for their fish though, however, Dahlia thought that she could get very used to the smell. All of it was virtually perfect - except the part where Rhyhorn stomped on a wagon full of fish.

"Rhy! Rhyhorn!" (Brining dead sea food to young children?! Not on my watch!) she said, but with Dahlia taking the blame instead. She was yelled at pretty much in that town. But no matter; despite that, the Via was sure to make up for it.

As they traveled through the Via, Dahlia and Rhyhorn noticed wild pokemon here and there. For example, A wild Wingull was along side a wild Shellder.

"Gull? Wiiiing!" (So that damned Taillow decided to call himself a god eh? Fine! From now on, call me SUPER KAWAII DESU MACHU KAMI Wingull!!)

"Shell?" (Can't I just call you Wingull for short?)

"Wingull." (Super Kawaii Desu Machu Kami Wingull does not allow this.)

A Corpish was even hanging out with a Ekans by a small portion of a sea strip.

"Ekansssss... Kanssss..." (Sssssso, I sssssaid, he better ssssstack up on ssssstrawberries and mud ssssssauce becaussssse he wasssss a zangosssse~)

"Corpfish." (You always tell that joke.)

"Ekanssss!" (Alright then, here'sssss a new one!)

"Fish?" (Yeah?)

"Ekanssss!" (Zangoosssssse!)

"Corp?" (Uh-huh?)

"Ekanssss, Eka!" (That wassssss the joke! Hehe...)

Soon Dahlia stopped walking, as she stretched out her arms. She then turned towards her Rhyhorn. "Hey, let's stop for a break, okay?" She suggested. "My feet need a rest. Plus, it'll be great to check out this scenery, don't you think?"

"Rhyhorn!" (I guess it's time to stomp some flowers!) Rhyhorn cried with excietment.

"Glad you agree with me!" Dahlia smiled as she squatted down towards a nearby tree. She didn't notice that her Rhyhorn jolted off by herself as Dahlia took out her pokedex to read information. She saw her Rhyhorn on the pokedex as she read on what moves it could do. "Ice Fang... Stomp... Horn Attack... wow, these looks strong!" she praised. "Rhyhorn, I know with you on my side, we will totally rule the battles in the name of science, and... where is she." Dahlia stood up to look for her Rhyhorn, but she was nowhere to be seen at the moment.

Her Rhyhorn meanwhile strolled through the field, stomping on the flowers that came across her way. it was a pleasure for her -- stomping things... it was really relaxing, stomping things to the size of an ant pancake. She felt cool. Well, that was until Rhyhorn came across a particular brown ant-like figure, laying on the ground.

"Rhyyyy!" (Ahhh I have not seen that flower before - you are MINE!) cried Rhyhorn, scampering through the bushes, and eventually, stomping the poor brown... thing.

"Trffinnpchhh" (Gfffoffoutwreee...) A mysterious voice then peeped. Rhyhorn was confused to where it came from, until she figured that the voice came from the brown-ant thing she... stomped. She let off her foot off of it.

"Rhy?" (Did you say something?) Rhyhorn asked.

"Trapinch!" (I said, GET OFF OF ME!) the brown figure replied, rising from off the ground.

"Rhyhorn!" (I thought you were a flower!) Rhyhorn said.

"Trap?" (Considering that I have no pedals, why would you THINK that?)

"Rhy... Rhyhorn, Rhy," (You... you smelled really nice,) Rhyhorn pleaded. "Horn," (Flowers smelled very nice. Tell me, do you like flowers?)

But Trapinch was silent, as it blinked at the thought-unconscious Rhyhorn.

"Rhyhorn?" (No? Okay, what about stomping people?) Rhyhorn then asked. "Rhy..." (You know, the sounds of their bones crushing towards pancake or liquidfy-like structures under the helm of your foot... it's sort of relaxing, you know?)

Meanwhile, as Dahlia looked behind every nearby tree, she was stopped by a sudden loud voice. "Stop! In the name of the law!" the voice shouted. "And my shiny badge!"

Dahlia turned around to see a man, looking like he was in his twenties, ow who had a long white coat with blue stretch-pants. He didn't seem like he was from Pangaea. He... was holding to what it seemed like a detective's bade, but Dahlia wasn't sure. "Hello...?"

"Aw come on, can't you at least be scared?" the man asked with a sigh. "I've worked really hard on my surprise badass-detective entrance...Erm, ANYWAY! YOU ARE UNDER ARREST FOR SOMETHING... What did you do again?"

"I did nothing?" Dahlia inquired. "I mean, come on, while science may be eccentric, it is most certainly innocent, sir---"

"HEY PUT DOWN THE WEAPON!" the man suddenly blurted out, as Dahlia simply blinked. Then the man coughed. "Erm.. sorry, it's... a force of habit that I needed to get used to. Anyway, you've said you've done something wrong?"

"I did not," Dahlia reiterated. "I'm simply a new trainer from Hoenn."

"I... must apologize then," the man inquired. "I'm fairly new here... overseas from Hoenn. Detective Decus, first division of Donuts... erm, well, I forgot what division I'm from, but yeah! Check out the shiny badge!"

Dahlia blinked. He's... quite dense. She thought with a sigh. "My name is Dahlia," she introduced. "I'm trying to find a pokemon of mine; short, stubby, brown, rocky.. it's a Rhyhorn, have you seen it?"

"Sorry, I haven't seen one of those before," Decus replied while shrugging. "I wish I can help you look for it, but, I have business. Be seeing you!" With that, he bolted off, almost tripping on the nearby rocks on the ground, leaving Dahlia dumbfounded.

(OOC: I'll continue this tonight; siiince it's like... part 1 of a Trapinch capture.)

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • @Miss Doronjo - It's a terrific start, I love your humor, it makes your posts a lot of fun to read. i'm looking forward to the rest!

@Turkish Delight - Again, I'm sorry I didn't catch your post (pun intended). I really liked it, the battle was a lot better this time. Also I'd suggest that if you're out of inspiration, reading some of the posts in this roleplay should help you too, we've gathered a bunch of terrific roleplayers here.

Ekans grew to lv. 6!
    Elggyem grew to lv. 12!
    Carlos caught a lv. 6 male Corphish with he egg movve Dragon Dance!

Last edited:

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
  • Pokemon Pangaea
    Chapter 1 Part 2, Post 3: The Via

Bekah watched in anticipation as the Pokeball continued to shake, and only after a few anxious minutes did it finally calm. The red light stopped flashing, and it stopped in its spot, proving the Pokemon well caught.

"Yes! We caught a Trapinch!" Bekah shouted happily, walking up to take the Pokeball in her hands with Venonat jumping up and down happily at her side. She looked at the Pokeball and wondered whether or not this territorial Trapinch would respect her now, especially since she was its new trainer. Bekah glanced at Venonat who continued to dance its victory. "Do you think I should call it out?"

Venonat stopped dancing and looked up at Bekah before nodding its head, or its entire body for that matter. Venonat was just a big purple ball of fur. "I'll take that as a yes." Bekah grinned before looking at the Pokeball. "Alright, Trapinch," she tossed the Pokeball up. "Time to come out!"

In a flash of brilliant white light, the Pokeball opened and transported the glowing light to the sand bed. And when it cleared, there stood the injured Trapinch, looking at Bekah, before turning to Venonat.

"Hey there, Trapinch," Bekah gave a smile as she bent down to look at the Pokemon, reaching out a hand. "I'm your new-" Suddenly, the Trapinch made a lunge to violently snap at Bekah's hand and she pulled it back quickly. "What the hell, you crazy little ant! Why are you trying to bite me?"

It snapped its jaws together angrily, and then lunged for Venonat who quickly jumped out of the way, chirping wildly and shocked.

"That's enough, you stupid ant!" Bekah spat, raising up Trapinch's Pokeball. "Get back inside now." A beam of semi-transparent pink light shot out and engulfed Trapinch, bringing it back into the Pokeball. Once it was inside, Bekah shook her head and safely put the ball in one of her inside jacket pockets for safe keeping. "Man, what a nasty Pokemon."

Venonat gave a chirp in agreement.

Bekah just sighed. "Well, I guess we can start going back along that path, alright Venonat? If we come across any other Pokemon, we can battle them, alright?" Venonat gave a small hop and landed at Bekah's side. The trainer only smiled, and the duo began up the sand dunes again and onto the path.

The sun was just beginning to set over the horizon, and the sky was painted in brilliant hues of oranges, blues, and purples. Shapes in the horizon were an oil black, but it just made the island seem so beautiful – especially with the glowing yellow-orange light of the setting sun.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Bekah jumped from the voice, spinning around to face the familiar older boy behind her. An one million watt grin was spread across his face, and his hands were stuffed into the pockets of his pants.

"Derek, oh… h-hi," Bekah grinned nervously. "I didn't hear you."

Derek laughed lightly. "Yes, I could tell." He paused for a moment. "I was just training with my Froslass," he stepped aside to show the floating purple and white patterned Pokemon that hid behind him. "What have you been up to, Bekah?"

"Oh, uh," Bekah hesitated as she took at a look at the ghost and ice type floating alongside Derek. So jealous, so so so jealous, she thought to herself. But quickly shook away the thought to answer Derek's question. "I've been training Venonat, and I caught this Trapinch," Bekah took Trapinch's Pokeball out of her jacket pocket and help it in her hands. "But it's such a nasty Pokemon. It tried to bite me and Venonat after I caught it."

"Hmmm," Derek's brows furrowed together, and he raised a finger to tap at his chin. "Let it out. I'd like to see it."

Bekah blinked, while still looking at Derek, but quickly nodded. In a flash of bright light, Trapinch appeared on the paved road between Bekah and Derek. And the sand ant Pokemon glanced at all of them and began to snap its jaws together irritably.

"Well, it's as I thought," Derek whispered. "This Trapinch doesn't like you all too much, to be honest with you, Bekah." He glanced at her with those stark blue-green eyes, honesty painted on his features. "Back in my hometown of Lavaridge in the Hoenn region, we had a lot of Trapinch wandering around, and some trainers had the same problem you have now. And I had the same problem."

"You did?" Bekah blinked.

Derek just nodded. "The only thing I can suggest for it to get to know you better is to battle." Derek turned and recalled his Froslass back into its Pokeball, and then took out another Pokeball. "Don't command it, let it do this on its own."

Bekah, confused, just nodded, taking a step back with her Venonat at her side, clinging to her leg now.

"Vibrava, I need your help!" Derek called, and in a flash of white light, a pale green and tan insect-like Pokemon appeared in the sky.

Bekah quietly took out her Pokedex and pointed it at the Pokemon.

Spoiler:

Trapinch snapped its jaws angrily at the Vibrava hovering over it, and Bekah just gawked at the ground and dragon type.

"Alright Vibrava, time to show this little Trapinch what you and I have learned," Derek spoke, and his Vibrava responded with a buzz. "Let's begin with your Dragonbreath attack."

Vibrava buzzed above Trapinch, opening its mouth to produce a brilliant blue flame shooting it towards the sand ant Pokemon. But as the Trapinch jumped to dodge, the flames still engulfed it, making it hiss in pain.

"Trapinch, you have to listen and obey your trainer's commands," Derek shouted out to the Trapinch as the flames to the Dragonbreath faded. The Trapinch was hissing angrily. "If you don't, you will always lose."

But the Trapinch didn't listen; instead it began to run forward, towards Vibrava, jaws opening in a Bite attempt.

"Stop it in its tracks with Screech," Derek commanded his Pokemon, and the Vibrava opened its mouth again, released a high-pitched cry which even made Bekah raise her hands and protect her ears. Trapinch stopped, and shook its head to try to clear away the ear-bleeding sound. "Finish it with Tackle, Vibrava."

And the evolved form of Trapinch flew forward, and smashed head on into the sand ant, sending it tumbling back to Rebekah's feet, out.

Derek just sighed. "It's quite a rude Pokemon, I think," he raised a Pokeball. "Thanks Vibrava, return." The dragon type was transported back into its Pokeball, just as Bekah raised Trapinch's ball and recalled the ground type.

"Oh," was all Bekah could muster. She felt extremely embarrassed that the first Pokemon she caught wouldn't even listen to her.

And then a hand is on her shoulder. "Don't worry, Bekah," Bekah looks up into that confident, warm face. "It'll come around. All Pokemon do. You just have to prove to it what a great trainer you are."

"I – I… thank you," she said, returning the smile.

"I'll see you soon," Derek said as he turned, slipping his hand from Bekah's shoulder and turning to walk down the paved road to the newest town.

Bekah just watched him disappear into the darkness creeping over the island, with Venonat at her side. She has never met a man like him.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • @Royal - That was a good post, I rather liked the return of Derek C: Also please do separate your paragraphs, it's quite jarring to read this way.

Trapinch grew to lv. 9 and learned Sand Attack!

[ Chapter II: The Via Part II ]

Via.jpg

As soon as you leave the beach behind you the landscape transforms into one of many farms. Most of the farmers here grow grapes, olives, wheat or oranges, as it's the perfect climate for it. The farmers here will be a lot less adjusted to foreigners than the ones in the cities, they also tend to dress more traditional. You can expect to see a lot of farmers with traditional straw hats and tunics walking around there. Some of them will be quite friendly while others might be a little wary of you. If you find yourself wanting you could buy some produce from the farmers. Keep in mind that the official currency of Pangaea is the Drachma and while you can pay with foreign money (it's worth more to them) you can be expected to pay about twice as much for the same thing.

You can stay on the Via, where you might meet a fellow foreign trainer or you might meet a Pangaean cart travelling to or from Collosae. You could also choose to walk through the fields though most of the time they would belong to a farmer. Still it's common for farmers to leave pieces of their land wild for a year or two to keep them fertile, and the fields that are like that are fair-game for some Pokémon hunting. Kids around this area often battle with their Poochyena or Growlithe, Pokémon employed by families to guard the houses and sometimes keep the wild Pokémon from their farms.

The Farmers here don't take too kindly to the wild Pokémon as most of these pray on their produce. Wild life on this route mostly includes birds who eat royally from the farms and packs of Poochyena and Growlithe that roam wild due to the abundance of these species kept by the farmers. This part of the route will bring you to Dioscúros.

[ Pokémon Available: ]

Poochyena

261.gif

Level: 7-10
    Type: Dark
    Moves: Tackle, Howl, Sand Attack
    Rarity: Common

Spearrow

021.gif

Type: Normal/Flying
    Moves: Peck, Growl, Leer, Fury Attack
    Rarity: Common

Pidove

519.gif

Type: Norma;/Flying
    Moves: Gust, Growl, Leer
    Rarity: Uncommon

Doduo

084f.gif

Moves: Peck, Growl, Quick Attack, Rage
    Rarity: Uncommon

Growlithe

058.gif

Type: Fire
    Moves: Bite, Roar, Ember, Leer
    Rarity: Rare

Rufflet

627.gif

Moves: Peck, Leer, Fury Attack
    Rarity: Rare

Chatot

441.gif

Moves: Peck, Growl, Mirror Move
    Rarity: Very Rare

Sunflora

192.gif

Type: Grass
    Moves: Absorb, Pound, Growth, Mega Drain, Ingrain
    Rarity: Very Rare

[ What you may, may not and must do: ]

- You must complete the chapter.
    - You may catch the Pokémon you battle.
    - You must end an attempt to catch a Pokémon with the throwing the Pokéball, I will decide whether you catch it or not.
    - You may see the evolved or devolved form of the Pokémon mentioned above, but you may not battle it or attempt to catch it.
    - You may interact with other roleplayers here, you will all enter the Via at a different time, but this must be done in a double post.

[ Notes on catching a Pokémon : ]

- You must end an attempt to catch a Pokémon with the throwing the Pokéball, I will decide whether you catch it or not. I cannot stress this enough.
    - The better your post is, the higher the level of your Pokémon
    - If the Pokémon you are after is Very Rare, your post will have to be above-average in order to catch it.
    - If your post is exceptionally well-written and/or entertaining, there is a change your Pokémon will get an Egg Move.

Last edited:

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
  • Pokemon Pangaea
    Chapter 1 Part 3, Post 1: The Via Part II

By the time Bekah and Venonat couldn't see the beaches anymore, the sun was gone and the moon was slowly rising in the dark sky. Bekah wondered if it was a good time to settle down and rest, but she wanted to get as far to the next town as possible… if seemed to be taking a bit longer than she thought it would. And her legs were already hurting – she has never walked this much in, well, ever.

Derek had already disappeared on ahead, so there really wasn't anyone Bekah could talk to. Well, there was Venonat, but Bekah wanted to be talk with someone who could talk back and she'd understand. And there was a possibility Bekah had a tiny, itsy bitsy little crush on that man… Okay… maybe a big one, but Bekah knew there was probably never a chance between them whatsoever. She's always been embarrassed with him around, and he's always been the one to step up and help her out.

… And she has only known him for a day. Go figure.

Bekah stopped as they reached the top where farm land was beginning to be seen underneath the light of the moon. She bent down, hands on her knees to support herself as she took a long breath of the fresh night air. Venonat came up at her side and stopped, looking up at her curiously. "Hey there, Venonat. How about we stop here for the night?"

"Veno," the insect Pokemon chirped, which Bekah took as a yes.

So, it took a few minutes for Bekah to find a good level spot of grass, and she pulled a thick blanket that she kept in her bag, spreading it out evenly on the grass. Her second blanket, was not as thick, but it was a good covering blanket. Getting it all situated, Bekah sat down on the blanket, Venonat taking a seat next to her.

"Would you like to eat before we go to sleep?" Bekah offered, fishing out more of the Pokemon food she had stored in her bag. Venonat chirped excitedly, and Bekah just grinned, holding out a good amount of Pokemon food to the insect. "Eat up then, Venonat. We won't have much left after this so we'll have to go buy some new food when we get to the town, city, whatever is ahead of us."

Venonat chirped in understanding and raised a block of the food to its pincers, before completely stopping, looking forward. Bekah looked at her Pokemon with a confused expression before following its gaze. Goosebumps ran down her arms as a pair of bright eyes was staring back at her from the brush in front of them.

"Uh-uh, what is that," Bekah whispered to herself, fishing her Pokedex out of her jacket with a shaky hand, pointing it at the eyes.

Spoiler:

The bushes rustled as the Pokedex finished the details, and the tiny wolf-like gray and black pup appeared from out of the brush. It was eying the Pokemon food in Bekah's hand, but the Poochyena didn't look to dangerous. However, looks could be deceiving.

Venonat gave what sounded like a warning chirp to the Pokemon, but the dog Pokemon began to walk up, foot by foot, again and again, before it was standing completely in front of Bekah, still staring at the can of Pokemon food.

"A-are… you hungry?" Bekah asked, and the Poochyena looked up at her with bright, wide eyes. It jumped backwards with a shirt yelp which took Bekah completely by surprise. "Uh… it's alright. I won't hurt you." If you don't hurt me. She added without a word.

Bekah fished out a few pieces of the Pokemon food and placed them on the grass between her and the Poochyena. "It's okay. Go ahead, eat it." The Poochyena glanced back and forth between Bekah and the Pokemon food laid on the grass. It did this for a few seconds before stepping forward cautiously to sniff the food. And then, it took a cautious bite.

"It's good, isn't it?" Bekah smiled as the Poochyena quickly devoured the food. Venonat gave a huff as it ate, trying to finish what it can before the Poochyena devoured its food too.

The Poochyena gave a short bark, and wagged its tail, which in turn made Bekah smile. "You'd like more?" she said with her grin. "Alright, here you are," she laid some more food out in front of the Poochyena, in which the puppy gobbled that down too.

Bekah laughed. "You're quite hungry, aren't you?" she said playfully, and the Pokemon responded with a bark. "Well, this is all I have for tonight. You're more than welcome to sleep here with us, if you'd like?" Suddenly, Bekah feels something hit her side, and she turns to Venonat who's frantically flailing its arms around at her.

"What is it, Venonat?" Bekah asked as the insect Pokemon jumped around on the blanket, chirping wildly. But as it did, the Poochyena turned tail and bolted back into the bushes. "Well, look at what you did, Venonat," Bekah scolded. "You scared it away. I might have wanted to catch it."

Venonat stopped its frantic dance before sitting down, antennae drooping.

"Why don't we just get some rest, alright?" her insect Pokemon chirped.

---

Bekah and Venonat were awake by the time the sun was about a quarter of its way into the sky. The duo packed up everything into the bag before walking up to continue on the road.

"Veno," but the silver-haired girl stopped as she felt Venonat tugging at her pants leg. She looked down at her friend.

"What's up, Venonat?"

With its other hand, it pointed towards the brush. Bekah followed the gesture and saw a pair of bright eyes staring at her from the plants. And a few seconds later, the same Poochyena from the previous night jumped out, tail wagging and a wolfish grin on its face.

Bekah grinned. "Looks like that Poochyena is back," she said excitedly. "Venonat, go out there. I want to catch this Pokemon." Venonat nodded its head and jumped forward to face the Poochyena.

"Alright, let's start this off with Hidden Power! Go!" Bekah commanded and she watched as her insect Pokemon shoot a ball of white energy towards the puppy Pokemon. But the Poochyena quickly dodged, skidding to the side with ease.

"Damn, it's fast," Bekah said with a grimace. "Alright Venonat, go in for a Tackle attack."

The insect Pokemon nodded and ran forward, ready to bash head on with the puppy. But the Poochyena didn't lose its cool – didn't lose its grin. It just spun around and began to kick up dirt and sand towards Venonat, stopping and blinding the insect mid-attack. The insect gave off what sounded like a whine.

"Venonat!" Bekah shouted, and the Poochyena rushed forward, knocking into Venonat with its own Tackle attack. Venonat rolled a few feet before struggling to its feet. "Use Confusion!" The insect Pokemon's eyes began to glow blue, and a blue aura appeared around the Poochyena, lifting it several feet in the air. The puppy was looking all around, shocked, confused, and scared.

"Now, throw it!" Venonat obeyed, launching the Poochyena several feet away, but as it reached the ground, it landed on four feet, looking as if the Confusion did hardly any damage at all. "Damn it!"

The Poochyena began to rush forward, ready to launch another Tackle, which it quickly landed with ease. Venonat once again, rolled several feet back.

Bekah gritted her teeth together. "Venonat, are you okay to continue?" She watched as her Venonat jumped to its feet and nodded. "Alright, let's try something different. Use Confusion." The insect's eyes began to glow blue and the Poochyena was lifted into the air. "Once you throw it, use Hidden Power on the spot you think it'll land."

Her partner nodded, sending the Poochyena flying, and then sent a ball of white energy towards the spot Poochyena was falling towards. And it contacted with the Poochyena as it landed, the Pokemon letting out a yelp.

"Alright," Bekah grabbed an empty Pokeball from inside her jacket. "Time to catch it!" And she launched the Pokeball forward at the Poochyena, watching as the puppy was transferred inside.

And the ball began to shake, indicator flashing red…

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • @Royal - another great post, I quite liked her interaction with the Poochyena, as well as the battle.

Venonat grew to lv. 13 and learned Poison Powder!
    Bekah caught a lv. 8 female Poochyena with the egg move Ice Fang!

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
  • Pokemon Pangaea
    Chapter 1 Part 3, Post 2: The Via Part II

And it didn't seem to last too long until the Pokeball calmed, meaning the Poochyena was caught. Venonat began with its victory dance as Bekah went over to pick the Pokeball up, flashing a grin to Venonat. "Looks like we have a Poochyena on the team now, Venonat," she said, beaming.

Bekah glanced at the Pokeball, "I already know this Poochyena knows Tackle and Sand Attack, but what other attacks does it know?" With her free hand, Rayne dug into her jacket pocket, withdrawing her Pokedex. Clicking a few buttons she held it over the Pokeball, and the device scanned it. This technology was pretty damn cool. After a moment, the list of moves appeared: Tackle, Howl, Sand Attack, and… wait a minute, was that Ice Fang?!

Bekah blinked. So this Poochyena knew Ice Fang. How peculiar. She'd definitely have to contact Professor Cypress about that.

Putting the Pokedex back in its spot in her jacket, Bekah looked back at the Pokeball that held Poochyena. She sighed lightly. "Alrighty, I think it's time we saw hello to our new friend, don't you think Venonat?" Bekah asked her partner, who chirped in agreement. I just hope it's not nasty like Trapinch. Bekah tossed the Pokeball into the air, calling, "Poochyena, come out!"

And in that familiar flash of white light, her gray and black puppy Pokemon appeared on the ground in front of her, tongue lolling out of the side of its mouth, and tail wagging. It barked before it began to run circles around Venonat and Bekah, and it issued a laugh from its silver-haired trainer. "I like you, Poochyena," she smiled. The puppy jumped on, placing its paws on its knees, looking up with its puppy grin.

"Alright, how about we do some training, what do you think?" she raised a brow and her Pokemon both responded with a chirp and a bark. Bekah nodded and stashed away Poochyena's Pokeball for safe keeping. "Let's go."

---

"Poochyena, you're up first," Bekah whispered to her puppy Pokemon as the trio stared down a lone Spearow. She had already used her Pokedex to look up information on Spearow. "We're going to work on your attacks, as well as your Ice Fang. So just listen closely, and you'll take down that Spearow no problem."

Poochyena nodded, and lunged out towards the Spearow. It still didn't know they were there.

"Start with Tackle, Poochyena. Let it know that we're here," Bekah commanded and Poochyena rushed forward, its attack hitting its mark head on. Spearow squawked, and rolled about a feet before jumping to its feet, face pulled into an expression of anger. It was definitely not happy they were here.

"Great move, Poochyena, now use Tackle once more," Bekah commanded, and Poochyena once again lunged forward in an attack. However, the Spearow had an advantage – it could fly. It lifted up into the air, avoiding Poochyena's attack completely. Poochyena skidded to a stop, and looked up, right in time as Spearow launched a Fury Attack.

Poochyena yelped and fell back, balancing itself on its feet as it shook its head hopefully to wash away the pain. But Spearow wasn't done – it was flying head on towards Poochyena for another attack.

"Blind it with Sand Attack!" Poochyena did just that – spun around just in time to kick sand, grass, and dirt into Spearow's eyes, making it swerve upwards in a failed attack attempt. "Hide in the dust Poochyena, so it can't see you."

The dust cloud was enough to completely hide Poochyena from the revenge-wanting Spearow that hovered overhead. Sharp eyes tried to pin point a location in the dust cloud before it dived down.

"Now!" Bekah called out, and Poochyena jumped up, this time behind the Spearow. "Use your Ice Fang attack." Poochyena landed on the bird's back before biting down with its fangs, emitting a cry from the bird.

It fell to the ground, defeated, and Poochyena loped over to Bekah in a prideful stance. "Good job, Poochyena," Bekah congratulated her Pokemon, bending down to rub it on its head. "Now, return," she said as she raised her Pokeball, recalling the puppy inside. Bekah looked up just as the Spearow fluttered away.

She shrugged before looking down at Venonat. "Alright, it's your turn to train now, Venonat." Venonat chirped its agreement.

It wasn't long before they found another Pokemon along the route, but it was a Pidove this time. "Venonat, I want you to battle that Pidove." Bekah spoke, but Venonat jumped, turning to its trainer in shock and fear. It shook its head. "I know you're a bug type and flying type moves do a lot of damage, but how are we supposed to train if you don't face your weakness?"

Venonat looked down, antennae drooping.

"Don't worry, Venonat. I'm right here, and if I need to I can call out Poochyena and have her use Ice Fang, alright?" Venonat looked up at Bekah before nodding its head, walking out towards the Pidove. The Pidove had already turned to them, blinking its eyes and shuffling its wings.

"Let's begin this with Secret Power," Bekah commanded, and she watched as Venonat shot a familiar ball of white energy towards the Pidove. Pidove, however, flapped its wings and flew upwards before it could take the full damage of the explosion of the attack. And man, did it look mad.

It quickly built up a Gust attack with its wings, releasing it towards Venonat. Venonat let out a frightened chirp, but Bekah called out, "Calm down Venonat, and use Confusion to block the attack." Venonat did just that, pink eyes glowing blue, and the wind in the gust suddenly calmed. "Good job, Venonat. Now use Disable."

Venonat's eyes flashed a deep purple before Pidove's own eyes did the same. But the Pidove shook its head, and with its wings tried to build up a Gust attack, but quickly failed.

"It worked," Bekah said with a grin. "Excellent. Venonat, knock it out of the sky with Secret Power." A white ball of energy was shot forward, hitting its mark and causing the Pidove to fall from the sky. "Now, finish it with Tackle."

Venonat rushed forward and quickly barreled into the bird Pokemon, making it cry out before landing flat on its stomach on the ground, defeated.

"Great job, Venonat," Bekah complimented as she tried to pick up her Pokemon, but quickly put it back down. "Damn, you weigh a ton." She laughed. "Come on, let's walk."

It was around noon after their training session, when they spotted their next Pokemon, but it wasn't a Pokemon they have encountered already: no a Poochyena, Pidove, or Spearow. This one was reddish brown, tan, and black, and looked similar to a dog.

"Let's see what it says in my Pokedex," Bekah said, retrieving the device from her jacket.
    Spoiler:

"It's a Growlithe," Bekah grinned. "Excellent. I've heard about them, and I saw them battle in many televised matches. I gotta have one!" Bekah said, gitty. "Venonat, you're up first." Venonat nodded its head and ran out to face the Growlithe, who looked up from its place sleeping in the grass.

"Use Confusion and pick it up," Bekah commanded. Venonat chirped, and its eyes began to glow a blue. A blue aura began to glow around Growlithe's body, but suddenly, the Growlithe broke free from the attack, lunging forward, mouth twisted in a snarl. "How did it-" Bekah couldn't even find words.

"Grrrraaaa," the Growlithe snarled, spitting out embers at top speed.

"Venonat, quick, quick, use Disable!" Bekah commanded. Venonat's eyes flashed once, then Growlithe's, making the embers stop coming from its mouth. But it only looked angrily.

It lunged forward, running at top speed and lunged forward, biting down on top of Venonat's head. The purple insect began to flail and run around in circles, chirping wildly.

"Venonat, roll your body," Bekah shouted, and Venonat quickly listened; curling up into a ball and rolling forward, which did what Bekah wanted – the Growlithe jumped off.

Venonat stood back up, ready for more.

But Growlithe wouldn't have it. It opened its mouth and emitted a roar, which made Venonat flinch. Suddenly, it's form began to glow a transparent pink, and its form flew back towards Bekah. Bekah jumped in surprise as Venonat was transported back to its Pokeball…

And then there was a flash of white light transported to the field, the new choice of Pokemon.

"Oh no." Bekah's blood seemed to run cold. This would not help her chance to catch Growlithe.

It was Trapinch.

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
  • Carlos Fierro
    Chapter Two

Part one

The ball collided with Corphish. The crab was absorbed within the ball, which ten landed on the sand with a dull thud. The ball immediately began to rock back and forwards while flashing a red colour. I closed my eyes, turning everything a black colour. I held my breath, hoping for the capture to succeed. The seconds passed, and eventually the sound of capture completion was emitted from the sphere. I slowly but surely made my way towards the capsule, and lifted gingerly. I examined the capsule, and just as I was about to release it, Ekans began to hiss. I sighed, I guess that Ekans and Corphish weren't going to be the best of friends. I then recalled the snake back into its capsule. I then got dressed back into my original clothes after drying myself off with a towel. They felt nice on my skin, I smiled to myself as I made my way back onto the path.

After a few, short minutes of walking the scenery changed. The coastlines were replaced by farms and farmhouses. Everything was green, it was a beautiful sight. I could smell the freshly cut grass, a scent that was rather pleasant. I could see many wild Pokémon laying around in the vacant fields, Sunflora and Sunkern tried to blend in with the flowers, Pidove, Chatot and Spearow were circling the skies, afraid of the scarecrows that seemed so threatening. There were also Poochyena lurking within the tall grass that were barely visibly. I took a brief second to appreciate the beauty of Pokémon, I smiled to myself briefly. I continued to walk onwards along the road, and let a cart coming from Collosae pass me. I smiled, this seemed to be a very traditional area of the region, and it very much reminded me of home.. which I immediately blocked my mind from thinking about it. I sighed and continued on my journey, Elgyem began to whistle to himself to keep him occupied.

Not too long after, I came across a pair of children, both seemingly aged in their early teens, arguing on the middle of the road. 'Growlithe is so better than Poochyena!' the girl exclaimed, where the boy replied, 'Are you kidding me, Poochyena would destroy it!' I tried to slip past them but to no avail, together they asked, 'Hey you there, what Pokémon's better, Growlithe or Poochyena?' I stopped walking, 'Uhm... eh.. I don't know.' They seemed dissapointed, however the boys face lit up. He was rather small, and was slighly chubby whereas the girl was tall and slim. They were dressed in old fashioned clothes, and I could tell by their faces that they were in fact brother and sister. The male had short, spiky blonde hair and his sisters was the exact same colour, except her hair was pulled back into a long ponytail. Suddenly, the boys face lit up, 'How about a double battle, trainer?' he asked. The temptation was overwhelming, and I couldn't help but agree.

The three of us went onto their family field. The pair of them stood a few meters apart, and I stood a fair distance away. They released their Pokémon, a Poochyena and a Growlithe, just as I expected. Since I had seemingly got on Ekans good side, she was definitely going to be used. I knew that using Elgyem would be a poor decision as Poochyena had a type advantage over it, but Ekans and Corphish aren't exactly bestfriends, but Corphish had a type advantage over Growlithe. I launched two red and white spheres into the air releasing a purple snake and an orange crab to take on my opponents pair of dogs. Ekans immediately turned to Corphish and began hissing at it, while Corphish ignored her. 'Let's start with a Dragon Dance Corphish and Ekans hit Poochyena with a Poison Sting,' I called out to the pair. Immediately Corphish began to dance a little jig, and its speed increased by the second. Ekans dashed towards the dark type before leaping and slashing its tail against the small dogs body knocking it backwards. A permanent mark was left on the spot where it was hit, and the Poochyena began to let out cries of pain. In the meantime, the Growlithe dashed towards Corphish, who dodged due to the dance. The fire type then lunged at the Corphish again this time biting into its torso. 'Harden, quickly!' I exclaimed, upon hearing my command the crab immediately tuned to stone and was released by the dog. Poochyena then dashed towards the Ekans, its mouth ajar waiting for an oppurtunity to bite down on the snake, however Ekans dodged and wrapped its body around its foe and began to squeeze the hit points out of it, along with the poison it was enduring proved to much for it, and the dog collapsed with exhaustion, it was no longer able to battle. The male recalled it to its Pokéball and let out a disappointed grunt. Ekans then slithered to Corphish's side, while Growlithe's eyes darted from the snake to the crab, and back again. 'Let's go Corphish, Bubble. Ekans, then follow up with a Poison Sting,' I called out. Not wanting do be outdone by its counter-part, the snake dashed towards the Growlithe while Corphish fired its stream of bubbles at the fire type. Ekans obstructed the water type move and began to take the hit. Corphish immediately stopped and the pair of us, along with Elgyem all let out gasps. The dog followed up by spewing flames at the Ekans from its mouth, if this attack were to hit it would be game over for the snake. Just as the hit was about to connect, Corphish darted in front of Ekans, essentially blocking the hit. The attack did damage, no doubt, but not as much as it would have on Ekans. Ekans slithered towards Corphish and gave it a slight nod of appreciation, which Corphish returned with a large grin. 'Ekans, use Wrap and Corphish, end it with a Bubble,' I suggested, both of my Pokémon took my suggestions on board, and Ekans lunged towards the Growlithe and wrapped its body around it, not allowing it to move. Corphish then approached the pair and pointed its pincer so it was just inches from the fire type, it opened them and released a stream of bubbles into the dogs face. The Growlithe's eyes were replaced with black spirals signalling the battles end.

Both Elgyem and I let out exclaims of delight simultaneously. Both Ekans and Corphish then joined in with our celebrations. All of us were overjoyed at the result of our first ever trainer battle. The female then returned her Growlithe to its Pokéball and shot me a quick smile. I was so proud at how Ekans and Corphish got over their differences to win the battle, especially the point where Corphish protected Ekans. Ekans seemed to be someone who is hard to get to like you at first, but once you help her out, she'll love you. Corphish just seemed like a playful character to me. He was definitely a great addition to the team, no doubt about that. The siblings then approached me, 'How about you come back to our ranch to heal up, uhm, I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name,' she said politely. 'I'm Carlos, and yeah sure, that'd be great,' I said with a smile. 'I'm Emily,' she said, 'And I'm Mike,' the boy added. After returning Ekans and Corphish to their Pokéballs, the four of us made our way to the home of my fellow trainers.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • ((OOC: Decided not to catch another Pokemon in this part, will do so in The Via, Part 3/Chapter 2. I got something planned. :3 ))

Zaira Montes – The Via, Part 2

One... two...three.

The red dot in the middle of the Pokeball faded slowly, and the ball stopped shaking. That was it. Zaira caught her very first Pokemon. She didn't believe it at first, she stepped closer to the ball on the ground...hoping the Wingull wouldn't just come out and attack her for catching it.

Bee looked up on Zaira as she followed her slowly as well. "Beee?"

"That's it. Bee." Zaira said, "I caught a Wingull."

"Beee bee beeee?"

She picked up the ball and rose it up in the air, holding it up high. She jumped and cheered for the capture. "I CAUGHT A WINGULL! MY FIRST CAPTURED POKEMON!" She starts to jump for joy, her bare feet touching the water coming ashore. Bee cheered as well, she felt good at battling the Wingull, and helping Zaira catch her first Pokemon. Zaira decided to put her flat shoes back on, putting her long knee-high socks first. She grabbed her bag, and the fruit bag...which was now filled with sand thanks to Zaira's encounter with her Wingull.

"Beeee?" She asked about the fruit... still being hungry.

"I'm sorry, Bee." Zaira apologized, staring at the sand-covered fruit. "This was pretty much our food for the long path. Guess we'll have to wait till the next town to eat." She then glanced at the long road ahead. "Man, how much longer do we have to walk?"

She then started to walk on the rocky path once again, holding the bag of sand-covered fruit with her left hand. Bee was floating right next to her. The sun was bright on this day, she was feeling hot, walking on the path almost made her very exhausted. What's even more exhautsing, is that the beach shore was going far, making the ocean farther than what it was before. The worst part is that, she is already running out of water from her water bottle. Zaira doesn't know what to do next. She kept walking further on the path, then stopped. Not realizing that she is already halfway there.

"Bee..." Zaira murmured. "Let's take another break, shall we?" She sat down on the hot path once again. This time there wasn't any water around. The ocean was farther this time. Zaira sighed as she stares at the blue shoreline from afar. She's too tired to walk all the way there.

...and she still has that fruit.

All of the sudden, Bee hatched an idea. She went towards Zaira's purse, and dragged out a Pokeball. It was the Wingull's. Zaira wondered why Bee took out the Pokeball and handed it to her with her two front feet. "Beeeee?"

"Why do you want the Wingull to come out?" Zaira asked. "If I let it out, it'll leave."

"Beeeee!" Bee exclaimed. She knew what she was doing.

"Well...whatever you say so." Zaira agreed, and released the Wingull out of the Pokeball. The ball opened and out came the Wingull. It came out facing Zaira, and floating in front of her.

"Wingoooooooo?"

Zaira became nervous. Will this Wingull run away now? Is it waiting for Zaira to pull something and then attempt to escape? Bee, you better know this is correct. She thought. "Um....hi Wingull...?" She greeted softly at the Wingull.

Wingull flew down, standing right next to the fruit covered in sand. She smells the fruit, as it still had the aroma...the same aroma she smelled as she first encountered her new trainer. Out of random, the Wingull released a small amount of water from her beak, aiming at the fruit. As the water hits the fruit, the sand started to disappear, making it clean enough to eat again. Bee smiled as she saw that the fruit was clean once again, and she had to reach to grab one of the watermelon slices.

"That was your idea, Bee? Get the Wingull to clean the fruit?" Zaira asked, grabbing one of the Pineapple slices. "It's...free of sand now....wow." She then takes a bite of the pineapple. "It's even yummier too!"

"Wingoooooo!" The Wingull smiled, then sprayed water at Zaira's face, with the intention of cooling her off from the hot sun.

"Heyyy! The water's too cold!" Zaira exclaimed, and laughed. "You're too clever, Wingull, or can I call you..." As she wiped the excess water off her face and front hair bangs, she decided to bring up a name for the Wingull. The Wingull was eating a Kiwi slice from the bag. "You're Windy. I mean...it's windy right now, and I caught you while it was windy. So... makes sense?"

"Wingoooo!" The Wingull, now named Windy, grinned as she finished her kiwi slice.

Zaira then focused on getting back on the path and continue to walk. She stood up, picked up the fruit bag, and her messenger bag, and started to walk once again on the rocky path. "Okay then, girls. Next town is still far away. We still have a long way to go. Windy started to flap her wings to fly next to Bee, who was right next to Zaira. Walking a bit more further, she noticed that the blue shoreline was no longer visible, and that she is already in another part of The Via. It was entirely different from what Zaira went through before.​

Back