• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Pangaea IC

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years

• [ Chapter III: Dioscúros ]

Dioscuros.jpg

Dioscuros is a large city that is stretched alongside a lake. It's a very white city with occasional splashes of pastel colours. There is also a 5-meter wide paved Promenade that stretches over the water. You'll find a few kinds of Pokémon there as well as a lot of vendors selling all kinds of foods. Dioscúran shaved ice is a famous delicacy that can only be had on the promenade, you might like to try some!

While there's still a lot of fishing being done over the lake, the prime trade of Dioscúros is pottery. They're reknown all over the world for their fine terracotta pottery and art and you should see quite a bit of it. There are terracotta statues on the plaza, terracotta pots harboring plants and flowers everywhere and quite a few shops selling as well.

There's a Pokémon Center in Dioscúros situated in an old house facing the promenade. From the outside it's just another Dioscúran house with the letters "Pokémon Center" written in black letters in both foreign and Pangaean script. On the inside it'll look a bit me like the traditional Centers you're used to, only a bit older and more dilapidated. They will heal your Pokémon and offer you a free place to sleep if you show them your trainer card.

On the promenade you'll notice Professor Cypress and her assistant talking with a man you don't know. He seems to be in his mid-thirties wearing a simple and colourful traditional tunic. Cypress will introduce him as Trigon, the gymleader of Dioscúros. She'll suggest you battle him, though first she has something to ask of you, if you choose to accept.

[ Optional Event ]

You'll probably notice that Cypress' assistant is wearing a wetsuit with an oxygen tank on his back, it's a bit hard to miss. Cypress will explain that she wanted him to explore the Deep Doors, a formation of arch-like caves in the lake right under the city. She wants him to take pictures and take note of the Pokémon that live in these caves, but she feels too old to go with him herself. He can go alone, but she'd really prefer it if you went along.

If you accept she'll take you to a shop renting wetsuits and gear and get you all suited up. If you don't have a water Pokémon to take with you she'll lend you one for safety reasons. You'll dive from the promenade into the lake trying to photograph as many native Pokémon you can. Of course you may catch one too if you'd like, Though communicating with your Pokémon underwater might prove quite the challenge.

[ Available Pokémon: ]

Clamperl

366.gif

Level: 12-15
    Type: Water
    Moves: Clamp, Water Gun, Whirlpool, Iron Defense
    Rarity: Very Common

Huntail

367.gif

Moves: Whirlpool, Bite, Screech, Water Pulse
    Rarity: Common

Gorebyss

368.gif

Moves: Whirlpool, Confusion, Screech, Water Pulse
    Rarity: Common

Carvanha

318.gif

Type: Water/Dark
    Moves: Leer, Bite, Rage, Focus Energy, Scary Face
    Rarity: Uncommon

Qwilfish

211.gif

Type: Water/Poison
    Moves: Spikes, Tackle, Poison Sting, Harden, Minimize, Water Gun
    Rarity: Rare

Tirtouga

564.gif

Type: Water/Rock
    Moves: Bide, Withdraw, Water Gun, Rollout, Bite, Protect, Aqua Jet
    Rarity: Very Rare

[ Optional Event ]

The nurse in the local Pokémon Center is quite distraught when you come in. It turns out someone just left a gravely injured Pokémon with her and she doesn't have the supplies to heal it, nor the manpower to get them to her, she needs to stay with the injured Pokémon. If you offer your help she'll send you back to the Via to get some special berry paste from the farmers. The remedy will take a little while to cook up though. Maybe you could pass the time by a Pokémon battle?

When you get the medicine back to the nurse she'll be able to heal the Pokémon. As a reward, because you showed yourself to be a trustworthy trainer, she will offer you the Pokémon to raise.

369.gif

Relicanth ♂ - Lv. 15
    Ability: Rock Head
    Type: Water/Rock
    Moves: Skull Bash, Tackle, Harden, Water Gun, Rock Tomb

350.gif

Milotic ♀ - Lv. 15
    Ability: Marvel Scale
    Moves: Dragon Pulse, Water Gun, Wrap, Water Sport, Refresh, Water Pulse

186.gif

Politoed ♂ - Lv. 15
    Ability: Water
    Moves: Ice Ball, Bubble Beam, Hypnosis, Double Slap, Perish Song

[ Mandatory Gym Battle ]

Dioscúros' gym leader is Trygon, who is also an old friend of Cypress. He's a pottery maker turned Pokémon battler and his preferred type is the Water type. You'll find him chatting with Cypress if you did the optional event or not. His battlefield is actually a lot of floating platforms on the lake with nothing but water between them. If you defeat him he will chip your trainer card as well as give you a vibrant blue bracelet. These bracelets are sort of unofficial tokens that you can use to gauge the level of trainers you come across. He will also give you the TM: Scald

[ Trygon's Pokémon: ]

318.gif

Carvanha ♂ - Lv. 13
    Ability: Rough Skin
    Moves: Leer, Bite, Rage, Focus Energy, Scary Face, Scold

592f.gif

Frillish ♀ - Lv. 15
    Ability: Cursed Body
    Moves: Bubble, Water Sport, Absorb, Night Shade, Bubble Beam, Scold

171.gif

Lanturn ♀ - Lv. 17
    Ability: Marvel Scale
    Moves: Bubble, Supersonic, Thunder Wave, Flail, Water Gun, Spark, Scold

[ What you may, may not and must do: ]

- You must complete the chapter.
    - You may participate in either or both of the optional events.
    - You must participate in the mandatory gym battle.
    - You may catch a Pokémon during the first optional event.
    - You may receive one of the offered Pokémon during the second optional event, and no more than one.
    - You must end an attempt to catch a Pokémon with the throwing the Pokéball, I will decide whether you catch it or not.
    - You may see the evolved or devolved form of the Pokémon mentioned above, but you may not battle it or attempt to catch it.
    - You may interact with other roleplayers here, but this must be done in a double post.​

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years

• Zaira Montes – The Via, Part 6

"So, Zaira. Is that correct? Where you from?"Jesse, the son of the produce stand couple was taking Zaira through another part of the Via. They weren't walking on the rocky path, but on the dry grass on the ground. Zaira felt a bit more comfortable walking on dry grass rather than on the rocky path...but she did get a few grass trims stuck on her knee-high socks, pricking her a bit. It was still warm outside, as the sun was starting to set. It should be able to get cool.

"I'm from Iccirus City, in Unova." Zaira replied. "Very cold place there. So much ice Pokemon and snow." She chuckled a bit, as Windy, flying behind Zaira, landed on her shoulder.

"There aren't that many Unovans that come here. Consider yourself the first for me." Jesse said as he stopped. "I've seen a ton of Kantoans, Johtans, Hoenns, and Sinnohans, but not Unovans. And I believe Unova is a bit closer to us?"

"Unova is farther away. Took me several hours by boat to get here." Zaira replied, she then stumbled up to a tree without watching herself where she's going. "Ahh!"

Jesse laughed as Zaira backed up. "Watch yourself, girl!" he held her by the hand, walking around the tree. Zaira wasn't sure what was going on. She couldn't control herself from looking at Jesse's eyes, and his blonde wavy hair. Zaira's eyes sparkled as she glanced at him. As they got passed the tree, Jesse stopped once again...he then pointed at the hill across from them.

"That would be your next city...Dioscuros." Jesse explained. "It's a pretty city, you'll like it. Though it's going to take another day or so by foot to get there."

"That far?" Zaira wasn't satisfied that the next town is a day's worth of walking, and she didn't even feel like walking anymore. She then allowed herself to fall on her bottom, releasing the energy from her legs due to the pain. "I don't think I can make it by tonight. I'd probably have to set up camp."

"Doesn't look like you have any camping supplies." Jesse said, referring to Zaira's bag, as small as a medium-sized Pizza box.

Suddenly, Zaira heard barking from afar. She got a bit worried as she started to shake. Windy was alerted and kept watch as the cracking of the dry grass, using her Keen Eye ability. Jesse smiled and laughed softly as he glanced at Zaira becoming clumsily scared.

"It's probably my Growlithe, Flame." Jesse said. "He always wanders off but he does tend to return."

"I see...he's coming this way?" Zaira asked without thinking.

"Zaira.. don't tell me you're afraid of fire-type Pokemon...because you're from a place that snows a lot." Jesse said as he starts to whistle for Flame, his Growlithe. At his third whistle, Flame appeared from the tall grass across from them. Zaira wasn't sure about the Growlithe...seeing that she was never near a fire-type before in her entire life.

"Wiiiingooo." Windy bawked.

"Meet Flame, Zaira. My Growlithe." Jesse said, introducing him to Flame. He kneeled and petted him on his head.

Zaira kneeled slowly, aiming her hand towards Flame's head. Flame had no intentions on hurting Zaira. Jesse took his hand off his head, and took Zaira's hand to help her pet the Growlithe. The fur felt warm, either it was the heat, or it was the Growlithe itself because of its typing. Zaira wasn't sure, but it felt very lukewarm. Flame looked up and licked Zaira's hand, slobbering it with his saliva.

"Uh... ewww." She gestered, wiping the saliva off on the ground, but instead it got dirtier. Windy sprayed a bit of water at her hand, washing it off. "Thanks, Windy."

"Wiiing." She smiled and nodded.

Jesse stood up and looked at Zaira. "So, Zaira... how about a battle? Have you battled before?"

Battle? Oh noes. It's been forever since Zaira battled...but that was in practice sessions with Pryce, her grandfather. And Zaira only battled wild Pokemon. This was Zaira's very first opponent. Zaira was sure this would be a one-on-one battle, since the only Pokemon she assumes Jesse has is Flame. "A battle? Well...." Zaira's mind was going in circles as she thought of the battle.

"Don't tell me you're scared!" Jesse blurted out.

"No I'm not!" Zaira responded loudly and laughed. "I...well, I haven't really battled before, except for wild Pokemon."

Jesse recalled the time when Zaira battled the Sunflora earlier. "Well, what you did with your Wingull's Twister move was fabulous. Maybe I'll get to see it again while we battle, yes?"

Water is against Fire, Zaira. This is an easy win for you. She thought, then smiled at Jesse. "Okay then. I accept your...quick challenge." Zaira stood up as Windy started to float.

"Wingooooo!" Windy said, flapping happily.

A few minutes later, Zaira and Jesse gave themselves a bit of room away from each other to battle. It was an open dry field, surrounded by tall grass and dry corn crops. There weren't any markings. Zaira and Jesse agreed to make the battle quick, because the sun was setting quick at the Via, too. Windy was more than ready, even though she didn't have the proper training, with the battle against Sunflora earlier, she knows what she's doing. Zaira already got her strategy out. Not being sure what Jesse has in store for Flame. Flame, however, sitting down still, with no movement, and eyeing the standing Wingull in front of him, growled softly at her. Windy, however, was also standing with her wings out.

"I've seen foreigners battle before. You're just another one of them I get to see and battle. You go first!" Jesse shouted from across.

"My pleasure!" Zaira happily shouted. "My Wingull will do all the battling." She then pointed at Flame, prepared to command Windy for the first move. "Windy, get started with Supersonic!"

"Wingooo!" Windy started to take off, aiming towards Flame. She starts to release sound waves from her beak. Flame was already getting some of the sound waves.

Jesse hesitantly thought of a starter attack, but he wanted to jump right in instead. "Never thought it'd know that. Oh, what am I doing." He then thought a move Flame had recently learned. "Flame! Use Ember!"

Flame fired small fireballs from his mouth, heading towards Windy. Windy was able to dodge them perfectly, in spite being part-flying type. But suddenly, some parts of the Ember had gotten to her bird feet. She felt the burn as she flapped her wings. Windy couldn't take the pain as it rose, so she started to flap even harder.

"Hang in there, Windy!" Zaira shouted. "Now go for Water Gun!"

As Windy flapped her wings harder to aim her water gun at Flame, the burn kept inflicting her health, flap by flap. She starts to shoot water from her beak, hitting directly at Flame. Perfect hit by Windy! The water pushed Flame back to where Jesse was standing, and fell down to the ground.

Flame was all wet, soaked. Jesse wasn't sure if Flame was able to battle anymore...seeing that he is weak against water. "Flame! You best be okay, man!"

And he is okay! Flame rose back up, standing on his four legs once again. "Growl!"

"WHAAAAA." Zaira's mouth fell, astonished to see that Flame had survived the water-type move. "Flame was supposed to not survive that! What happened??"

"You silly Zaira." Jesse laughed. "You do realize that when your Wingull is burned, her attack status is cut in half? That's why Flame was able to get back from her strong attack."

Flame shook his body, drying himself from the water. Windy was still trying to hold herself up high, but she cannot go any higher. By falling tired of flying and flapping her wings, she slowly falls down, within a few inches a second. Windy was sweating a lot...due to her rising tiredness.

"Well..."Zaira murmured, "I did learned that in school." Oh, Zaira, how could you FORGET THIS CRAP?

"There you go, and you admit your mistake right there." Jesse shouted. "Now, may I have the honor of finishing it off?" he glanced at Flame and points at Windy, struggling to stand up. "Ok, Flame, use ROARRRRRRRR!" He emphasized the roar with Flame.

"Grooooooowl!" Flame ran up to Windy and starts to unleash a very, very loud cry directly at Windy. It had also unleashed a huge gust of wind. Zaira tried taking cover by covering herself with her arms. Windy tried bypassing the strong gust...especially with her deteriorating health, but instead, the winds pushed her back. Windy flew back to Zaira, landing on the ground with her back.

Windy slowly took many breaths while on the ground, then faints on spot due to the hit she took when landing on the ground. Zaira uncovered herself to see Windy on the ground. She ran towards her with her Pokeball in her hand. "Windy!"

"Nice, I beat yet another foreigner." Jesse commented. "At least it was a good battle. Come, Flame." He walked up to Zaira to check on her, wondering how she felt from the battle. As Zaira returned Windy to her pokeball, she places it back in her bag. She saw Jesse coming up to her with Flame, smiling right at her. Zaira could not help but smile either, despite that he's beaten her in battle. She lets out a breath, unleashing energy. Jesse became a bit worried, though. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine! No big deal." Zaira smiled crookedly, not even thinking of the battle anymore. "I needed more training anyways."

"You indeed do. Usually many of the foreigners I battled are always hasty and whining about losing to a Pangaean. You on the other hand...you seem calm. Like the loss hasn't even affected you."
    Zaira does remember the advice Grandfather Pryce had given her. He told her to "remain calm when losing. Don't go off on a rampage." To this day, Zaira was able to keep calm, and be lax with her Pokemon. "It's my first battle on this region anyways. I'll win the next one."

Jesse couldn't help but like Zaira a lot more than before. Of course, Zaira doesn't know it either, as she shares the same feelings as he does. "You know, Zaira...I like you. You've become one of my favorite foreigners. I'm glad to have met you."

"Oh?" Zaira felt butterflies in her tummy. "Thank you." She smiled, as she glanced at the sun finally setting. "You're too kind."

"Hey, listen." Jesse said, "Since you need a place to stay tonight, my parents wouldn't mind having a foreigner over at our house. My mom's gonna make great dinner when we get back. So, what do you say?"

At the same time, Zaira was excited...and anxious. It'd feel awkward to be spending the night at a stranger's house. But at least they were really nice to her...especially Jesse who has offered her to spend the night instead of camping out in the middle of nowhere. Zaira, without thinking, decides to take the offer. She would rather take the mattress than dry grass for a bed. "I'd love to spend the night at your house, if your parents wouldn't mind."

"Oh, they won't at all. We've had foreigners spend the night at our house. My uncle's thinking of opening a bed and breakfast not far from here soon. It's gonna be awesome!"

As the evening falls at the Via, and as the first day on the journey through Pangaea comes to a close, Zaira has met many friends, and explored many places. Tomorrow, it will be a new day. It would take about a day or less to get to the next city, Dioscuros. But with the help of Zaira's new friend, Jesse, she won't feel lost at all. Zaira can't wait for her second day to come, as there's still a lot to explore.​

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
  • Pokemon Pangaea
    Chapter 3 Part 1, Post 1: Dioscuros

The first thing that Rebekah could focus on was the splitting headache, but then the muttering voices around her. Slowly, eyes fluttered open to see the few concerned faces of the people around her. It included Mrs. Malik who had her Ambipom and an Unfezant at her side – the Tranquill must have evolved during the flock battle. There was no Nurse Joy but a few other doctors, and who else but Derek sitting at the end of the room.

"You're awake," he said, blue eyes fluttering to Bekah as she tried to sit up. But one of the doctors put a hand on her chest, preventing her from sitting up all the way.

"You should take it easy," the doctor said. "You have a concussion." Bekah's eyes narrowed slightly. A concussion? Was that from the Spearow that had hit her in the head?

"No… I – my Pokemon," Bekah stuttered but Derek got up, gesturing with a hand towards her bedside. Her eyes followed the direction and there she found all four of her Pokemon looking up at her, concerned. "Oh, hi guys." She couldn't help but smile.

"Thank goodness you're alright," Bekah turned to see Mrs. Malik walk up with her heart against her chest. Her Ambipom and Tranquill followed. "I wasn't sure what happened, but I am glad your friend Derek was around to catch you."

Bekah turned to Derek with a confused look. "You… caught me?" And Derek nodded. "What are you stalking me now?" she couldn't help but grin and laugh.

"Miss, I'm going to ask you to look here please," the doctor instructed and Bekah turned. "Tell me your name, where you come from, and who is in this room."

"My name is Rebekah Argent from the Sinnoh region, Sunyshore City. Mrs. Malik is here with her Ambipom and Unfezant, Derek, and my four Pokemon – Venonat, Trapinch, Poochyena, and Growlithe."

The doctor nodded. "Good," he looked at Derek and Mrs. Malik. "She should be okay to leave in a few hours, but she is going to need someone to walk with her for awhile."

"I can do that," Derek offered, stepping forward.

"Alright," the doctor nodded and once more turned to Bekah, "Let me go get the release forms for you to sign."

A few hours later, Bekah was released from the hospital, and with her Pokemon and Derek at her side, she walked out into the first town, brilliant and sparkling. Now she wished she had gotten here herself… and that she had brought sun screen.

"You didn't answer my question," Bekah said, looking up at Derek.

"Hmm?"

"Are you stalking me now?" she laughed with a grin, and Derek returned it.

"No, I'm not. I was just in the right place at the right time," he explained. "I was tracking that flock of Spearow and it led to the Malik's ranch."

"Oh," Bekah only nodded.

"I think we should stop at the Pokemon Center. I remember the doctor saying something like Nurse Joy was having a trouble with a Pokemon. I wonder if we can help her out," Derek suggested and Bekah nodded, joining him at his side as the duo entered a building that hardly looked like the Pokemon Center. But inside, it was a bit different – like an older Pokemon Center than both of the trainers were used to.

Nurse Joy was nowhere up front, but the duo were quick to begin down the first medical wing, stopping at the first window to see Nurse Joy working on a water Pokemon that was laid out on a stretcher. Rayne took out her Pokedex and lifted it up to scan the Pokemon.

Spoiler:

"That's a Pokemon native to Hoenn," Derek explained. "Many trainers in coordinating contests have them because they are such beautiful and majestic Pokemon."

"But it looks different than its picture," Bekah said, lifting the Pokedex for Derek to view.

"Yeah, you're right. It must be a Shiny then, very rare."

"Shiny?" Bekah's eyes narrowed in confusion.

"A Shiny Pokemon is a different coloration of a Pokemon that is exceptionally rare and valuable," Derek said. "I've never seen a Shiny Milotic before."

"Kids?" The duo turned to see that Nurse Joy had come out of the room with the Milotic and she looked exhausted. "I'm going to ask you to head back to the main area."

"Nurse Joy, what's wrong with that Milotic?" Derek asked.

"It's very sick. Now, I'm going to have to ask you-"

"Is there anything we can do to help it?" Bekah interrupted, but the look on her face meant she really cared about the Pokemon's well-being.

"Well, actually, if you can help, there is," Nurse Joy said with a faint sigh. "You see, I just ran out of the medicine to help this Pokemon. I do know the medicine I need is sold from some of the traveling carts along the Via. Could I ask you both to get some more?"

"Of course," Derek and Bekah both said in unison.

Nurse Joy seemed to sigh in relief. "Oh, thank you." She retrieved a small slip of paper from her jacket. "You need this paper for the cart. I get the medicine for free and if you show the cart owner this slip, he will give you the medicine right away."

Bekah stepped forward and took the paper. "Here, also," Bekah began, and with her extra hand, took two Pokeballs from her belt. She enlarged them and threw them to the ground. In a flash of white light, Poochyena and Growlithe materialized on the ground. "This is my Poochyena and Growlithe. If you need anything in the Center and you can't get it yourself, they can get it for you."

Nurse Joy smiled. "Thank you."

Bekah grinned. "We're happy to help."

And so the duo began back out of the Pokemon Center towards the route of the Via. It didn't take them long either – a little over an hour – to find the cart they were looking for. The man on the cart was with a few grass type Pokemon, a few of which Bekah recognized as a Grotle, Breloom, and Oddish.

"It will take a bit of time to cook up the paste," the cart owner said as he began to fetch out the ingredients. "Just stick around, it won't be too long though."

Both Bekah and Derek nodded. "So, would you be up for a small battle, Bekah?" Derek asked, and Bekah's eyes almost widened.

"You're an experienced trainer though," Bekah said, but Derek only gave a good-hearted chuckle.

"I'll take it a bit easy on you." He said, fetching a Pokeball.

Bekah shrugged, and the two walked to the grass on the side of the paved road. "I guess it's alright then."

"One on one," he says and lets out the Pokemon, a huge fire bird-like Pokemon that was native to Hoenn.

"Blaziken!" it cries, and Bekah's eyes grew wide. Oh crap.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • @Meganium90 - Another terrific post and battle, I really like Jesse's clear destinction between a Pangaean and a foreigner. I would like to caution you that you have a tendency to switch between past tense and present tense writing, it'd be a lot smoother to read to stick to one of them (I'd suggest past).

Wingull (Windy) grew to lv. 12 and learned Wing Attack!

@Royal - A very good intro that surely promises more fun to come. I'll look forward to it C:

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
  • Carlos Fierro
    Chapter Three

Part one

605.png
    23.png
    341.png

'Yes!' I exclaimed in delight, much to the dismay of Freddy who recalled his Volbeat to its capsule. Ekans turned to me, and before it could react I had bound towards it and pulled her into a hug. The Ekans seemed content at my response and chirped its name several times. Elgyem, not one to be left out, floated over to us and landed on my shoulder before giving Ekans a congratulatory pat on the head. After we had finished celebrating I withdrew Ekans Pokéball from my belt, and absorbed it back into its resting place via. a red beam of energy. 'Well done buddy, you were incredible,' I said as I placed the capsule back into my bag. I looked upwards to see Freddy's dark features all angled to make him look unhappy. I sighed and made my way over to him, giving him a pat on the back as I arrived.

'How could I have lost to a rookie like you?' he said playfully, snapping out of his trance immediately. I re-examined his face to see his usual grin on his face. I smiled, too, and we began to have careless banter as we made our way back onto the path that lead to the next town, or city for that matter. I had no idea what lay ahead.

'Hey Freddy, what's the name of the nearest town?' I ask after a few moments of silence.

He replies with a scowl, 'Didn't you study the map of Pangaea before applying to travel it?'

I felt slightly embarrassed, if Freddy had examined the map of this region, then most likely every new trainer had of.. except for me. I quickly regained my composure, 'I like things better when they are surprises.' I say, trying not to sound like I'm lying. I fail. Miserably.

Freddy let out his trademark, his booming laugh that could be heard from miles away. Well, that could be a slight exaggeration. 'Oh Carlos, you do crack me up.' I just chuckle along with him, he was such a great person to travel with.

Just then, the city, yes it was definitely a city, came into our view. It was very large, all the buildings were a blinding shade of white causing me to squint for a few moments so that my eyes could adjust. The city was covered on one side by the sea, which sparkled magnificently in the sunlight. Both Freddy and I just stood there gazing in awe. 'Wow, Dioscúros sure is beautiful,' he said, finally breaking our silence. I just nod in agreement.

The pair of us begin to make our way into Dioscúros city and immediately head for the Pokémon Center. I return Elgyem to its capsule before we enter, and as we do I immediately hand all of the crimson and white spheres to the pink haired nurse we all know so well, Nurse Joy. Freddy did the same as me, handing over 4 capsules. One was his Electabuzz, the next a Volbeat, the third the Fearow he caught in that field and the fourth.. I had no idea. I opted not to ask him, and the pair of us decide to sit down at a nearby table until our Pokémon heal up. Neither of us decide to make conversation, as we are both content to relax.

In what felt like moments later, Nurse Joy came to the table and placed two trays on the table. 'Thank you, come again,' she said politely. Both of us immediately woke from our daydreams and shot her smiles. She returned them before turning on her heel and leaving. Together, we decide to leave the Pokémon Center.

We began to explore the city, and after not too long we came across Professor Cypress, her assistant (who was strangely wearing a wetsuit and an oxygen tank) and a man I did not know. He was in his mid thirties and had flowing black hair that brushed against his shoulders. His eyes were a blue that were similar to the ocean. The man wore a colourful tunic, that was of very simple design. Professor Cypress seemed very happy to see me, her face lit up as we approached. 'Oh Carlos hey,' she said, her voice emanating the knowledge and experience it always did. 'This is Trigon, the local Gym Leader.' He waved mere seconds after she introduced him, I replied with a nod and a smile. 'Trigon, this is Carlos and...' she began, trying to break the ice.

But she was cut off, 'And I'm Freddy,' my friend boomed. I turned and shook my head at him playfully.

'Well, I'm heading back to the Gym. It was nice to meet you,' Trigon said smiling at us. 'See you later Professor,' he called out, barely audible as he was about to disappear into the horizon.

'You two should go challenge him, but I have a favour to ask of you first...' Cypress began, but before she could finish, Freddy dashed off in the direction Trigon departed in. I just smiled in their direction.

'Of course Professor, I'll help out,' I said turning to the Professor and her assistant. They both smiled and began to explain my job to me.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen today
    (Boring boring transition post. I just really wanted to get this up.)

Jade Miller
    Post 3: The night sparkles with stars~

The ball stopped and calmed quickly, capturing Trapinch. Rather than a sense of euphoria, Jade let out a relieved sigh. At least like that, he couldn't get any worse. Poro stared at her sleepily and Jade returned him too. In good a condition as he was in, she didn't want to risk being left helpless when it was getting so dark. She wasn't scared of the dark at all, no. It was what lurked in the dark wasn't always nice and fluffy. There was still a little daylight left though.

"What do I do now~" she murmured to herself. "I doubt there's a Pokemon Center out here… it's all plans and grass and stuff like farms… ooh!" She let out a delighted little squeal, clapping her hands. "A farm! Yeah they'll have Berries and stuff that could heal everybody! Okay then! Let's do it!" She started to walk… until a cool breeze brushed over her skin, making her shiver and abruptly pause. Oh… Jade's cheeks turned pink with embarrassment. She was still in her swimsuit. Ducking out of sight, she changed clothes, wrapping her swimsuit up in a towel to carry. Jade gently rested her scarf around her neck, relishing in the warmth left from the sun.

"Ookay!" she said to no one. "I'm off to find Berry trees." With a hum, she almost considered skipping her way onward. However, that could flip her skirt… and wear her out more and neither of those things was a good idea. So she walked with happy, quick strides, aiming to get as far as she could before dark.

Sadly she didn't get very far. Jade hadn't factored in how much energy she had used earlier and soon the sun was getting lower and her feet had begun to drag a little. Regardless she pushed on, hoping at the very least to reach some form of safety before it got too dark to see. You see, Jade had not packed a flashlight, having wonderingly thought she would be getting a Fire type to help her light the way.

Soon she was in the middle of the road and it was terribly dark but not scary yet. The scary part was finding some place to sleep when she was getting too tired to think straight. Jade stopped in the middle of the road and very calmly sat down on it, trying to get her energy back. The grass tickled her bare legs and she smiled sleepily. Jade actually found herself quite comfortable here. She could sleep on the grass… and wake up sore. Yeah that was no good.

There was a sudden soft crunch, the sound of feet on grass. Jade stiffened as the noise grew ever closer. It was too heavy to be a child… and too heavy to be some of the Pokemon she had seen on the path. Slowly a shape began to form to her adjusting eyes, a human… well sort of human. There were odd appendages on its head. It came closer to her and Jade fidgeted, waiting for it to make a move.

Then it spoke quietly, almost detached. "Are you lost? Or simply tired?" The voice was distinctly male, cool and vaguely interested in the proceedings.

Jade examined it from its short distance away. It was a human, she realized, young or maybe simply just small for his age. The stance it had was loose, careless, but not hostile. He watched her with eyes like burning coals; she could almost see them glowing in the dark. "Tired," she answered finally. "I… Do you know where a farm is?"

The man gave a quiet exhale, not really a sigh. "Yes I do," he replied, turning away and starting to walk off. Jade blinked before scrambling to her feet. The answer was pretty clear: this guy had a farm and he was taking her there. She hurried after him in the dark, listening to the sound of his almost inaudible footsteps. For a few moments they were completely silent. Then he commented. "Aren't you going to ask?"

"Ask?" Jade parroted quizzically, smiling softly. "You mean your name and stuff?"

"Yes…" the male dragged out the word. "I also meant these." He pointed to the odd things on his head. Jade tilted her head curiously. He seemed to be under the impression that she should be curious. Well, to be honest, she was. But it wasn't any of her business so unless he wanted to talk about it, she wouldn't pry. After all…. She pulled gently at her skirt. Everyone had secrets.

"Um… why? Did you want to talk about it?" The appendages twitched slightly and she shook her head. "I mean… yeah I think it's super neat and all but… it's your business and you've got a reason not to talk about it so… um… yeah." She trailed off, catching the faint sound of a snort.

"I see…" the man said after a moment. "And because of this, you are not going to even ask me my name?"

Jade flushed, looking easily embarrassed even in the dark. "Weh-well I was thinking I would call you Nox if that was okay…" This earned a chuckle and the man nodded without looking behind. Jade fidgeted shyly again and followed, deciding it was too quiet and peaceful to talk and she was too tired to grope for a topic. Eventually they reached a lit up cabin and with one hand, he pushed open the door. Now seeing him in full light, she could see black hair and eyes, the appendages appearing to be ears with glowing blue rings like the one in his hair, which was in a long ponytail. His pale face was casually blank, as though he were simply too lazy to express himself. A tail now visibly swished back and forth. She should have felt horror or fascination but she held her tongue and Jade merely allowed herself to smile rather gently.

Everyone had their secrets.

She followed him inside to see a warm, crackling fire with a black Pokemon curled up in front of it. The house was strangely cozy, yet spare of many decorations barring the necessities, some photos, and a bookshelf. She wondered why it felt so much like a home when it looked very clinical. Hm. Another yellow Pokemon, one she would later realize was an Ampharos, was moving plates and cutlery around, humming merrily. "How cute…" she whispered, unable to stop herself.

Nox smiled thinly, what appeared to be his normal smile. "Neither of them would probably take well to hearing that. You know how fierce warriors are." Jade giggled and nodded. She knew all about Pokemon and people like that, mostly people. "Speaking of warriors," the male commented loosely. "Let me take care of your Pokemon."

Instantly, she relinquished them, not bothering to think this was dangerous or stupid. "Thank you so much," Jade gushed. "It was really incredibly nice of you to do all this. How can I thank you?" Overblown, she knew, but it was incredibly nice of him to do all of that. The young man chuckled; amused by her sincerity and the way her eyes sparkled. Childlike indeed.

He then thought for a moment, clutching the two Pokeballs in his hands, before a small, mischievous smirk made itself known on his face. It made him look instantly more sociable than his distantly cool expression of before. "Oh," he told her with a light flicker in his eyes. "I'm quite certain I'll think of something." With that, Nox left the room and without asking Jade sat by the fire, placing her bag down on the floor and off her belt. She peered at the sleeping ball of black fur and ultimately decided to leave it alone. She continued to watch the fire.

"Hey wake up!"

Jade opened her eyes slowly to see a pair of black ones in hers, the scarlet sclera more unnerving than the eyes. The room was completely dark and quiet now. Before she could let out a shriek of surprise, a small paw was placed over her mouth. The Pokemon looked at her in disbelief and shook its head. "Geez I wasn't trying to kill you."

"Y-You can talk," Jade gasped after she was let go of. The black Pokemon blinked slowly and Jade took the time to figure out what it was. It wasn't Hoenn-native but it did look rather like an Eevee. It seemed too dark for most of the other forms. Oh… it was an Umbreon. Duh.

The Umbreon shook its head and grinned, fangs visible. "Nah, just telepathic. It's amazing what the move Psychic can do." He leaped off her sitting form and gestured forward with his head. "Come on kid, I've got something that I need your help on. And keep quiet okay? Nox or whatever you're calling my idiot human needs some sleep."

"Um…" She wasn't really sure what to say now. "Okay… but Nox took my Pokemon." The Umbreon rolled its eyes.

"Must have taken your brains too. They're in the kitchen. We gotta go through there anyhow." She blinked and stood, cracking her bones. Unnoticed, a thin blanket fell to the floor, landing in the ashes of the fire. Then Jade followed the Pokemon, grabbing her Pokeballs from the clean wooden table. Darting out a back door, she realized something vaguely that nagged at her when she had entered the house but only now had clicked. Nox isn't from Pangaea.

She wasn't sure if that should bother her or not, but quickly forgot about it when she reached a small barn. Inside a Ponyta made a soft huff at her, sniffing curiously at her hair. She hesitantly reached out and stroked its furry head, causing it to whinny softly. There was a sudden, quiet bark and Jade looked over to see the Umbreon standing in a stall. Jade wandered over and saw a Growlithe, horribly scarred and breathing raggedly. "Are you… sick?" she asked softly. The Growlithe whined, tongue lolling out of its mouth. It twitched its nose toward a farther side of the hay. Jade saw red and black eggs sitting in the hay.

"She's kinda sick," the Umbreon corrected. "It ain't a big deal for her right now but her pups are in trouble. She can't leave 'em here. What if they hatch you know?"

"Do you know where I can get medicine?" Jade asked, pitying the poor dog, who was slowly drifting off again.

Nox's voice sounded softly from the door. "Yes, he does actually. And if you can get it, you'll repay me for tonight." His silky words were offset by his quiet smile. "Sounds fair."

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years

• Zaira Montes – The Via, Final Part

It was a short walk from the location where they battled, to Jesse's farm house. It was already evening, stars began to shine up at the sky and the moon rose right behind them. Zaira yawned, feeling a bit tired from the walk. Jesse quickly glanced at Zaira who noticed she was getting tired. Then they both spotted the white, two-story farm house right in front of them. The house had two windows with lights on, while the second story had none. The wooden gate, surrounding the home, was open...and both Jesse and Zaira walked in.

"I hope Bee and my new Sunflora are okay after they were healed by your mother." Zaira said as she walked inside the yard first.
    "My mother knows what she's doing, don't worry." Jesse replied as he locked the gate after him. "She used to be a nurse at Amphipolis. She had to resign because it was too far to travel." They both climbed up the porch and stopped. Jesse opened the glass-wooden door and allowed Zaira inside his home. The house was very decorative. Plants everywhere, glassware stored in glass As she entered inside, she heard a loud squeak as she entered inside. The voice felt familiar to her, very familiar.

"Beeeeeeeeeeeee!"

Zaira smiled. "Bee! My lovely Ledyba!" Bee flew right towards Zaira, tackling her lightly and hugging her tight. She smiled happily. "I'm glad you're alright."

Jesse's mom, Tessa, came up to them from downstairs. She smiled as she saw Jesse and Zaira, still wearing her day clothes (a white t-shirt, an apron and jeans), and no longer wearing her bandana. "Your Ledyba recovered very well. I'm surprised she got along with me during the healing process." She then took out a Pokeball from her apron pocket, with Zaira's Sunflora inside. "I had to do a special process on your Sunflora. I had him ingrained in the backyard and regained energy from the sun. Took a while, but he was able to recover." She then hands over the Pokeball to Zaira. "Just be careful when releasing him. He's still a bit wild."

Zaira smiled at the Pokeball, and looked up at Tessa. "Thank you so much. I...I really appreciate it." She also gave Windy to Tessa. "Jesse and I...kinda had a battle earlier and he won. So my Wingull also needs to be healed."

"Mom," Jesse said, "Can Zaira spend the night here? She doesn't have a place to stay at this time, and you know Dioscuros is far away." His Growlithe, Flame starts to paw Bee, floating between Jesse and Zaira.

"Sure, why not? I always welcome our foreigners here. Zaira, you are more than welcome to stay here. I'll also heal your Wingull as well. Guest room is down the hall to your left, Jesse sweetie, please show her the way. I have to go check on dinner." Tessa got off the stairs and headed off to the kitchen, which was at the right side.

Zaira smiled. She didn't have to worry about staying outside, or even camping out. She'll be sleeping in a guest room provided. She was also quite satisfied though. Bee felt relaxed and tired, but she was also hungry. Zaira actually felt like this was a new home for her, though she'll be leaving tomorrow morning.

"Sure, Mom! Come Zaira!" Jesse eagerly took Zaira's hand and headed towards the guest room, down the hall. Bee and Flame followed along excitedly.

The rest of the evening, after Jesse showed Zaira her guest room, Tessa, her husband, James, Jesse and Zaira, ate dinner. It was beef stew with delicious vegetables. While they ate, Jesse couldn't stop staring at Zaira, at all. He sipped his stew, and had his eye on her. Zaira noticed that a few times. Instead of feeling her hunger, she felt butterflies. To her, he was so cute. His blue ocean eyes sparkled as she glanced at them. She was very distracted, that a piece of roast beef fell on her black t-shirt. As she quickly wiped off the stain, her face turned pink, feeling a bit embarrassed that it was done right in front of Jesse. Oh, don't laugh at me. Don't laugh at me. Her mind screamed. Tessa and James hardly noticed the attraction between Jesse and Zaira as they continued to eat. Jesse, however, chuckled a bit.

Later on, as it was time for bed. Tessa and James already went to sleep. Jesse was the only one awake. He and Flame went downstairs and headed towards the guest room, where Zaira was staying. Meanwhile, Zaira, Bee, and Windy (who was finally healed after dinner), were sleeping right next to her. The bed was queen sized, with wooden frames, black pillows and a green blanket. Zaira was laying down on top of the bed, on top of the blanket. She faced the ceiling, thinking of what would happen tomorrow. Remembering the time she first stepped foot on Pangaea, receiving Bee and catching both Windy and Sunflora, and when she met Jesse for the first time. Bee and Windy were both already asleep, peacefully next to Zaira.

Jesse reappeared at the door, glancing at Zaira. He knocked softly at the open door. "Aren't you cold?"

Zaira got up, a bit startled. "Oh, no. I'm alright with the window open." She said, then stared at the open window with blue curtains on the right side. "I'm also not as tired either."

"Same here. I usually sleep late." Jesse said. "I don't sleep as much, to be quite honest. I see you're anticipating for tomorrow."

Zaira became a bit expressionless as she thought of what tomorrow might bring her. "I'm a bit nervous myself. But I'll be fine. My Pokemon and I are going to have fun tomorrow. I'm very curious about Dioscuros though. Sounds like a city similar to Amphipolis."

Jesse walked and sat on the bed close to Zaira. The two Pokemon, sleeping next to where Zaira was sitting twitched a little, but they didn't wake up. "I never really went up to that city before myself. Usually we go shopping or visit the doctor at Amphipolis. We have a cart here in the back, and my mom has her Rapidash so she uses that to travel."

"I just rely on a boat for travel. I'm always on one for some reason." Zaira laughed a bit after almost making a small pun.

"Say, Zaira, I wanted to ask you something..."Jesse paused a bit as he glanced at the ceiling quick. "Do you need like....a traveling companion or some sort? I mean, I don't know Dioscuros, but I can at least stick with you throughout your journey if that's alright. I already talked to my parents and they're perfectly fine."

Her heart skipped a beat. She always wanted someone to at least guide her. But would his parents be okay? Jesse does indeed look older. She doesn't even know his exact age. She smiled and replied, "Okay you can. At least I won't be traveling alone and end up lost."

"You won't, I promise, Zaira." Jesse winked at Zaira, giving her a sign finally. He does have a crush on her! Okay, Zaira....take it slow nowwww. She thought.

Zaira yawned, covering her mouth. "Well, I better be sleeping now. I mean, it is a big day tomorrow." She stretched her legs and arms and glanced at the open window again, it was a dark blue night sky, with stars twinkling. Jesse, without warning, gives Zaira a kiss on the cheek. Her eyes widened as it was quick...in an instant. He got up and started to walk out. As he stopped at the door, he turned to Zaira and smiled.

"Good night!" The door closes after him.

Blinking, and speechless, Zaira was in awe at what just happened. Bee woke up and snuggled next to her, laying her head on top of her upper leg. "Beeee."

Zaira smiled at the Ledyba, sleeping peacefully. She carefully laid her head on the bed as she made herself comfortable, laying down facing her Pokemon. The night was very silent, nothing to hear. She laid her head on the black pillow, and closes her eyes...anticipating for tomorrow.

((OOC: While writing this post, I was working on how to write the next chapter, so consider this the end of chapter 2 (finally xD)))

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • @Turkish Delight - Nice interaction post, I'll look forward to what comes next.

@Fuyu - Not boring at all, it's quite interesting, I'll look forward to the rest of it.

@Meganium90 - Aw that was such a cute post! I'll look forward to more Jesse and Zaira interactions!

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
    Years
  • ((OOC: Welcome, welcome, welcome! Finally, after many days of waiting, Mammoth EntertainmentTM and Fuyu IncorporatedTM have finished the last touches to their Joint Post. So without further ado, let me present to you "Aurum Wehementhi and Jade Miller, A short story of truth, ideals, perverted seals, and maybe even love?"))

The day air was calm and warm, prompting Jade to wander through the Berry trees in Nox's yard. He didn't particularly care what she did or how it worked out, as long as she could pay for whatever was broken. Thankfully the odd young man's Pokemon were outside, so regardless, it was probably a lot more safe than it looked. Jade frowned slowly. How was she supposed to beat up a leader Rufflet with two weak Pokemon. Well, they wouldn't admit their weakness and she wouldn't say it to them, but Rufflet were powerful birds. A part of her wanted one dearly.

N-Not because it was cute. Okay... that had an effect on it. But still! They were strong and she owed Nox for letting her stay the night and maybe letting her take that baby Growlithe. He sure had a way with mons... ah her thoughts were trailing off again!

Poro let out a happy "Sphe" as she stood up, wiping her skirt. The Pokemon rolled away from her, possibly giggling. "Ah.. Poro, w-wait!" She ran after her silly seal.

Aurum stood awestruck outside if the old man's house. Was he still on the Via? That certainly was hard to believe. It was all so different from that old and badly damaged road. Here you could find giant fields full of corn and grass and whatnot. This was very different from the gray scenery that Aurum was used to witness! Just to prove to himself that this wasn't in fact a dream, the teen took a deeo smell of the fresh country-air. Ah, fresh air... He hadn't felt this scent in a long time, Castelia was usually filled with exhaust and other things that disturbed your sense of smell. The air was in fact so fresh that Aurum started coughing heavily. And as he moved forward, he didn't take note of the Pokémon that came rolling towards him.

*THUD*

Aurum fell down and landed on his back. Something must've hit him... Could it have been an assassin trying to make him fall before piercing his heart with a dagger. In whatever case, Aurum would not stand for this!

"Knuckle, let's do this!" the teen exclaimed and sent out his Scraggy. Knuckle looked around and realized what was in the workings here. He quickly jumped towards the seal-like Pokémon and attempted a Faint Attack.

Poro rolled backward as the attack struck, letting out a whine. "Sphe~ Sphe~" What was that for~ I was just rolling~ Bouncing back on the grass, he released a Signal Beam, the odd multicolored energy beam blasting toward the odd Pokemon. He didn't know what this was or why he was suddenly being hit by darkness. He had just been having a good old time, waiting to get the right momentum to roll back and see up Jade's skirt. And now his good times were ruined.

Meanwhile Jade had finally caught up to her speeding Pokemon and saw her Spheal battling against a young man. "WAIT!" she half-wailed. "Stop! Stop hurting my Pokemon! Poro, come back here!" Her partner frowned quizzically and rolled back to her. Jade quickly made it up the hill, picking up the round seal. "Why were you attacking my Pokemon?" she asked, trying not to sound accusatory. But when you saw from that perspective it was hard not to.

"Scraaa!" Knuckle's voice echoed out as he was hit by the colorful energy. Aurum thought, no knew that it was a Signal Beam that he had just witnessed. After all, his home-city had a Bug-type Gym Leader. However, it didn't seem like he was being attacked by an assassin at all. Quite the opposite, before him stood a round and seal-like Pokémon that looked like it had been dropped a few too many times as a baby... Next up was a shout. Aurum tilted his head backwards from his place in the grass and quickly caught sight of a girl coming towards him.

She looked like she was trying to not get angry with him, and honestly she was doing a good job. However, her voice sounded like she was trying to hold back an accusing tone. Why she did this, Aurum had no idea. Even he wouldn't trust himself if he didn't know himself. Like, come on. That jet-black blazer he wore as casual wear, those eyes filled to the brim with sourness, and not to talk about that strange hairdo. Even before people learned of his backstory, Aurum was regarded as quite the shady fellow.

"Oh, was it your Pokémon?" he said, snapping himself out of his thoughts about "self-distrust". "Then," Aurum jumped up from where he was lying, "I'm terribly sorry to cause such trouble. I hope that you can forgive me..." he bowed a little to show that he was truly apologetic. Or was he merely playing a role? Hard to tell. To most people, his emotions seemed genuine, and maybe just a little off.

Jade watched him bow before giggling. "It's okay, a-okay," she told him, instantly forgiving him. Poro wiggled in her arms, trying to get her not to. He had just been rolling that's all, rolling and having fun. He didn't deserve to get hit! "He probably hit you right? Sorry, he's really silly, aren't you Poro?" The Spheal pouted, resting, well, its whole body on her chest. She turned pink. "Get off those," she murmured, letting her eyes wander and rest on Knuckle.

Her green eyes lit up delightfully. "Oh, that's a Scraggy!" She beamed at it. "Cute and menacing all at once right?" Jade smiled earnestly. "You must want to prove your awesomeness to the world right?" She wasn't intimidated by Aurum at all. It didn't seem like she knew what that word even meant for her. Instead she curtsied a little toward him. "I'm Jade," she told the suit-wearing teenager. "You are?"

Aurum was... Pretty put off by this whole interaction. First, there was that seal-thingy that tried to smother itself in its trainer's... Chest... She turned pink and probably told her Pokémon to get off. Not that there seemed to be much of interest in that particular area. Aurum paused for a moment, but somewhere under the layers of this girl's clothes, something like that would probably be hidden. Now that he thought about it- Woah, woah, woah, WOAH! What the heck was he thinking about this for? He was supposed to at least make her feel like she had his attention, and not feel oogled by his shifty eyes!

"Scra!"(Yup!) Knuckle said when the girl known as Jade talked to him. Even though he liked Aurum, the conversations between the Scraggy and his boss seemed a bit... Lacking. "Scra, scrarara, scra!"(I'm gonna' show the world that I'm the best bodyguard the boss will ever have!) Aurum sighed and facepalmed quietly. His Scraggy was a bit too friendly and trusting for his own taste. So far, he hadn't answered any of her questions. However, when it came to their names, Aurum answered calmly.

"Aurum." he said. The sixteen-year old was on the outside, very calm. But on the inside, he was having a minor breakdown. Crap! Nowshe knew his name! Maybe she was in leauge with the assassin that had been sent after him after all?! Maybe she was supposed to charm him with her cute face and flat chest, thus tricking him into revealing his deepest secrets and the killing him off?! Whatever the case, this was bad, really, really bad! He swallowed hard for a brief second. Crap! Something slipped out of his calm facade! This was getting even worse!

Jade tilted her head, completely oblivious to the tension and fear rolling off the new person's facade. She was more focused on Knuckle the Scraggy, smiling at his enthusiasm. "Well yeah of course you're the best," she told him, looking positively delighted. "You're his first one so that makes you completely irreplaceable." Poro whined again.

"Sphe~" He's ogling your chest Jade~ He bounced in her arms fiercely. "Sphe! Sphe~" Kick him Jade! Kick him~

Jade only patted Poro's head, causing him to pout and grumble, getting happily more comfortable after a few moments. Hearing Aurum's name she beamed. "Waah~ that's a really cool name! That means you must be a real cool person!" She tilted her head, noting his stiffness. "Or maybe you are but you get nervous easily...."

Aurum was now panicking more than ever, he certainly wasn't used to be treated with such enthusiasm and kindness. He started to sweat heavier than before, and he even had to button up the two first buttons on his blazer to avoid suffocation. He reacted quite strongly to the fact that Jade was able to tell that Knuckle was his starter-Pokémon. Either, the two of them beamed out such an aura that you could see that there was something special between them. Or Jade had really good sensing-abilities. Maybe she could sense his uneasiness? Maybe she was the skilled assassin who fooled people by acting overly nice to them and then stabbed them in the back when they weren't looking?

"Scra, scrararaa! Scra?"(Yeah, the boss and I share a special bond! Right boss?) Knuckle said happily. He really liked Jade, she seemed like a very nice person. For a moment he wondered if she could understand Pokémon or not... But, seemed like he didn't get any form of response from Aurum. Worried, Knuckle looked back to find his trainer completely dead in his tracks, sweating heavily.

"Scar, scrara?!"(What's wrong boss?!) he exclaimed and ran over to Aurum. He started to tug his trainer's pants in hope of snapping him out of whatever kind of daze he was in.

Aurum just got even more nervous when his Scraggy ran up to him. Great, so now Knuckle could sense his uneasiness too? This wasn't going well. So far, he had managed to keep his "outer calm" without problem. But when Jade complimemted his name, it all burst.

"Name? Eh, i-i-i-it's n-not t-t-that c-c-" he stuttered. In the next second, his face gained a new, bright-red color and a few more drops of sweat. Arrgh! He couldn't take this anymore! In just a few mintues, this girl had completely shattered the facade that it took him years to train in and get right. She was an opponent faaaar too powerful for him. Feeling like a cornered Patrat, Aurum did what most of those Pokémon would do in his current situation; run away. Aurum just simply turned around and started running from Jade. Knuckle hurried after his trainer, even more worried than before. The little Scraggy was experiencing a new side of his boss, a side he wasn't sure that he liked.

"Ekans! Ek, sna!"(Ha! A moment of weakness!) Aurum's recently caught Ekans burst out of its Pokéball with a menacing glare. And with a (You're mine, suit-boy!) the Ekans coiled around its trainer's legs, thus making him fall to the ground.
    Knuckle instantly rushed to his boss' help and started to pummel his teammate.

Jade grinned at the Pokemon's assertive confirmation. "Well, he's the boss," she commented gently. "If his best isn't close to him then who is?" She looked earnestly over at Aurum. "But it is! It's really really unique and cool! I wish I could meet your parents. They must have been super creative right Poro?" Poro shrugged. He was perfectly happy staying the way he was thanks. She gently swatted her partner's head. "You're a perverted silly you know?" Poro let out a slow cry of agreement. Like heck he was denying that now!

"Hey..." she said slowly, watching Aurum flee. He looked frightened. Why? Could it be that he could... tell? Her face turned pink. Oh no, no no no, that was horrible. That was just sad and wrong. And she was so careful and close. Maybe he was going to tell someone and then they would accuse her of faking her license or something. Or... her thoughts slowly walked a more logical path... he was just not used to girls. Yeah, that seemed more likely. Best to calm him down then. With a happy hum, she went after him...

Only to see his Ekans tie up his legs and make him fall. "Hey," she stated angrily, which only sounded slightly less happy. "That's not what you do to your trainer!" Making it over, she swatted the snake's head with her hand and pouted. "Let him go or I'll make you let go." She meant this too. Her hand rested on Kaji's Pokeball, waiting casually to do something about this... mean snake. Yeah that worked.

The Ekans grinned happily, finally she would be able to get revenge on this stupid human! And maybe she'd get a nice snack out of him as well? If that yellow little lizard could stop interfering! The Ekans' jaws started to ooze with a purple poison as she bit down on Knuckle, thus trapping him in a quite literal "jaw-lock".

But suddenly, she felt a smack on her head. Great, another human trying to ruin the fun! And worst of all, the idiotic ape had hit her right in the same spot where Aurum had punched her. The Ekans threw her head backwards and shouted a flurry of swears that probably shouldn't have been heard by anyone able to understand Pokémon.

"Ekannssss?!"(What isss your beef human?!) she hissed, not noticing that she had dropped Knuckle onto the ground. The snake abandoned its trainer's legs and coiled around the female human's right leg,
    "Ssssnna, ek, ekanssss, sssna!"(My week hassss been horrible! Firrssst my meal getss sstolen by ssome sssstupid Trapinch, then I am assaulted by thisss weirdo!) she said furiously and squeezed tighter around Jade's leg, "Ekannsss, ek-"(Do you know how-) the Ekans was suddenly interrupted by thefeeling of something grabbing her tail. She looked back to see the suit-boy standing there with a tight grip around her tail.

"I'm sorry, but that is not how you treat a lady." Aurum looked down on his Ekans for a moment before yanking it off Jade's leg, taking the snake completely by surprise!

Okay it needed to get off her leg now. Like seriously that felt weird. Urgh she had been already met a snake today and that snake hadn't been very nice either. It had wanted to eat Poro. Not nice. This didn't exactly hurt her leg as much as Jade thought it would but... it was still weird! She wasn't entirely sure what the snake was saying but... it sounded like the creature had had a bad day.

Aurum then yanked the Pokemon off roughly and Jade's cheeks promptly turned pink at the comment. "Um... thanks..." she murmured, putting the Pokeball back as discretely as possible. Rule 3: Let the men think you're helpless then when the time comes show them the reality. She mentally nodded to herself, remembering her mother's words.

"Disobedience." Aurum hissed and looked down on his Ekans. He had completely forgotten about Jade and thus he didn't aknowlegde her thanks. On the oudside, he was calm and collected once again. However, on the inside, Aurum was burning with a flame of furiousity. The only thing that he let channel his wrath were his eyes. They glared intensly at the Ekans, making its yellow stare weaken in comparison.

"Disobedience." Aurum said again, this time a little louder. "Will NOT be tolerated. If you are going to stay with me, than no matter who or what you are, you will do as I say. Understood?" The suit-clad teenager stared intensly into the Ekans' eyes once again. The snake flinched and looked away for a second, she had totally gotten the wrong impression of this guy! Without any more words, Aurum returned his Ekans to its Pokéball.

"So." now he fixed his glare at Jade, "I know what you are. I've seen through your little charade, and I don't like it one bit. But let me tell you this, if you're gonna' take my life, then I will fight for it. With all I've got." Aurum had regained some of his stature by scolding Ekans, and now he was ready to face Jade. Or so he thought...

Jade watched everything play out in silence. It wasn't a frightened silence; she wasn't an easily blown over kind of girl. However the slightly angry look was slowly replaced with actual anger at Aurum's treatment of his Pokemon. Disobedience or not, he was missing the problem entirely. Poro had fallen still in her arms but at Aurum's threat, leaped in front of her.

Jade gathered her words carefully before fixing Aurum with a scolding look. "What do you think you're doing?" It was almost the tone of a displeased mother. "Clearly you need some lessons in Pokemon treatment. That Ekans was angry at you and you just throw it in a Pokeball because it happened to go after my leg instead of you. Haven't you even tried trying to reason with it?"

Pausing, she took a deep breath and continued, inwardly wincing at the first part of the intimidating man's tirade. He didn't know, no way he could. "And why would I want to kill you? I don't even know who you are! Poro hit you by accident and now you think there's somebody after your head. Don't you think?"

Poro whistled. "Sphe~" He never knew Jade could talk like this. It was awesome!

Aurum looked at Jade. His expression turned puzzled for a few seconds. Why was she scolding him for how he treated his Pokémon? It was kinda weird for an assassin to not go for the kill after being discovered. Was she bluffing? Was she simply out to trick him and THEN finish him off? That was probably it.

"You know..." he said, "It's kind of weird for someone like yourself to be talkingabout how to treat Pokémon in a situation like this. But I guess that you're just thourough." Aurum shrugged, "Nonetheless. How I treat my Pokémon is my own business, not yours." he looked at Jade, as if to figure out if she REALLY was an assassin or not...

Next up, she asked him if he was even thinking. Aurum was heavily insulted by this, but didn't let his face show it whatsoever. If anything, his already darkened gaze darkened even more.

"Think?" he said, "HA! Of course I think! I am a living and breathing human being, of course I think! You know what? Because I think, I am able to see through your futile attempts of decieving me!" he exclaimed.
    "I know that you want me to drop my guard so that you can drive that blade you're hiding into any form of vital spot in my body! But I just want to know... Who sent you? Was it one of the higher-ups getting sick and tired of us? Did they think to kill me so that mother and father wouldn't have a-"

*BAM*

Aurum was hit square in the face by something cold and unpleasant. When he noticed that he was getting wet, he knew that water could be the only factor at play here. Something small and blue, with a lily-pad on its back was gushing out a stream of water that prevented Aurum from saying another word. Next up, the Pokémon jumped up and latched onto his face, covering the boy's mouth completely.

At his words, Jade shook her head. Her voice, despite her tiny fury, was still completely chipper. It was rather weird. "My gosh what is the matter with you? Here's something to think about: If I wanted to kill you, I had a few opportunities already. Like: When you were staring at me like I was an alien because I liked your name. Or~ when your Ekans tied you up by the legs. Also, it is my business to worry about your Pokemon if all you're going to do is make them scared. That's not a very nice thing to do."

Suddenly his face was full of Lotad. Jade burst into helpless giggling a few seconds afterward. She laughed again. "I don't think it likes you~ poor thing." She walked over and attempted to pull the creature off. "Silly get off his face, he needs that." Her anger had vanished rather quickly, and her expression was its usual friendly, merry self.

Aurum looked surprisingly seriously at Jade despite the fact that his face was covered by a small and blue Pokémon. He didn't really know what to say. Jade's words did have a grain of truth in them, maybe an even bigger one than Aurum would like to admit. Maybe she wasn't an assassin? In that case, he had broken the rule about staying calm that his father had taught him all in vain. Sheesh, luckily that Pokémon had attacked him or else he might've spilled everything to the girl, and that would NOT have been pretty.

The boy felt the Lotad slowly get taken off his face. When the whole of the Pokémon was gone, Aurum sunk into a sitting position. His third day (maybe?) as a Pokémon-Trainer and he had already lost his cool. To be fair though, this girl was something else when it came to friendliness and it had thrown him off quite a bit. Knuckle quickly ran up to Aurum with a worried look in his eyes,

"Scra, scra?!"(Boss, are you okay?!) the Scraggy said.

"Don't worry." Aurum put his hand on Knuckle's head, "I'm... fine." Well, that was a clear lie. Aurum was everything but fine, as he had acted as he acted there were two things left for him to do. Fight or flight. Well, fight was useless. And flight hadn't worked to well the other time either. Guess that there was only one option left...

"I'm sorry for losing my cool earlier, I thought that you were someone that you weren't." Aurum hurridly stood up and bowed apologetically before Jade. Hopefully this would not turn out to be TOO bad.

Jade looked up at him with a bright, peppy little grin. She couldn't get why he was so formal. So he had lost his cool a little. Everybody had those moments. Well, usually. Maybe he just wasn't used to being that way. That meant he must have been taught to be all cool and collected. Like a ninja or something. Poor ninja wasn't very stealthy though. He'd learn though. She patted the Lotad.

"It's okay," the girl finally replied happily. "I know I'm kinda weird so don't worry." She hummed. "just gotta take it easier from here on out right?"

"Heh, if you're weird then what am I?" Aurum thought and looked at Jade. She didn't seem to bothered by their interaction, which relieved Aurum.
    "Easier? Yeah, I wish I could take it easier." he said distantly. After a few seconds he realized that something had slipped out of him again,
    "Heh, sorry. I trailed off a bit."

Aurum looked down to get a better view of the Pokémon that had "attacked" him. Hmm, strange... This Pokémon seemed familiar, but the sixteen-year old couldn't quite make out what it was... Why did this lily-pad thing remind him of Jorgen? It couldn't be, could it?

"Hey. Who's your trainer?" he asked the Lotad. The small Pokémon looked up at him with a slightly panicked expression. If he figured out that Jorgen was here, bad stuff would probably happen! So without further ado, the Lotad got up, and ran away like it was propelled by a rocket.

"Hey wait!" Aurum said, "Something fishy is going on here!" he turned around and looked at Jade, for a moment it seemed like his eyes locked with hers,
    "It was nice meeting you Jade, but I need to catch that Lotad! Come on Knuckle, we're off!" he said and started to sprint towards the escaped Lotad. Knuckle just glanced at his boss for a moment before waving at Jade and Poro. Then he took off with Aurum towards a new adventure that would probably end like the others, with a catastrophy.

Aurum said quite a few weird things there. Jade really wasn't sure what he was going on about. Though he did start talking to the Lotad which she thought was unwise. It could always attack him again. Then the little creature fled. Maybe Aurum scared it. He did look kind of scary, so that wasn't too much of a surprise. What was a surprise was that he looked at her, straight at her, before apologizing and running off.

Jade tilted her head curiously. "He sure must be excitable..."

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
  • Carlos Fierro
    Chapter Three
    Part two

605.png
    23.png
    341.png

'Well, as you can see Carlos, my assistant here is in a wetsuit and oxygen tank,' the Professor began, evoking a chuckle to escape my lips, it wasn't exactly a secret was it? I quickly recovered my composure, as she continued speaking, 'We were planning on exploring the Deep Doors, but I feel too old to be involved in the exploration.'

'The Deep Doors?' I asked out of curiosity. The sun was beginning to emerge from behind the clouds, and the heat felt good on my skin.

'Yes. The Deep Doors are the caves found deep underwater just outside of the city.' She answered, getting a swift nod of understandment in response. 'We were hoping to obtain pictures of the Pokémon that reside down there, rumour has it that there are even a Tirtouga or two down there!' Upon hearing the last point, I became very excited. Tirtouga was supposedly an extinct Pokémon! 'We were hoping you'd be able to keep Joel company while he examines the Pokémon in their natural habitat.'

'Of course Professor, that sounds great!' I exclaimed. The three of us made our way to where Cypress's assistant got her under-water gear, and she rented some out for me. I kitted myself up and we made our way to the sea on the outskirts of the town.

I stared into the clear blue sea, that was seemingly sparkling in the sunlight. 'It's beautiful isn't it,' I said admiringly before pulling on my oxygen mask. Cypress just nodded in response. I launched one of the capsules containing one of my Pokémon into the air, and Corphish emerged. Joel mimicked my actions, releasing a Pokémon I didn't know the species of. 'Wow, your Milotic is astonishing,' the Professor stated, clearing up its species. The assistant and I exchanged a nod before lunging into the ocean that awaited us followed by our Pokémon.

The water was icy cold, the wetsuit I wore did seemingly nothing to repel the cold. I was about to force myself back to the summit of the water, as was what my instinct was telling me to do, but forced it to the back of my mind. Both Joel and I, along with our Pokémon swam deeper and deeper into the wonderful sea, passing many Pokémon on our way, mostly Clamperl and Magikarp, before we arrived at the cave we were looking for.

Before entering, we noticed to glowing red orbs in the darkness. Immediately, I had a bad feeling about them, but Joel and his Milotic began swimming towards the cave, seemingly eager to see what the bright red spheres were. He quickly clicked a picture of the inside of the cave, and as the flash went off my fears were confirmed. In the entrance of the cave lay a torpedo shaped shark, with teeth bared, was growling. It was a Sharpedo! The shark darted for Joel, who froze. In the split second it would have taken for Sharpedo to get to the male, it was intercepted by Corphish, the crab's pincers, closed so it was like a fist, dug into the underbelly of the dark blue Pokémon, that threatened my colleague.

When the shark turned to Corphish, Joel's Milotic fired a Water Pulse at it colliding with its rear sending it into the outer wall of a nearby cave. Our Pokémon shot each other looks of thanks, before preparing for battle. Joel and I exchanged looks of an anxious nature. The shark emerged seconds later and chomped down on the midsection of Milotic, only to receive a full on tackle from Corphish forcing it to release Joel's Pokémon. The Milotic then whipped its body around and lashed the shark across the face with its tail. This was followed up by Corphish slashing down on the sharks face with its pincers. Both Milotic and Corphish ended the battle by sending powerful streams of high pressured water at the Sharpedo and forcing it away. I was very surprised that water type moves would work under water so emphatically!

Back