• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Pikachu's Tale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Islander Jon

Dragonite the Day Dragon
Years
  • Here's a new Userbar for ya, Woofer/Barker. I'm EXTREMELY sorry that's it not transparent...my apologies... I hope people will use it anyway.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    Will all the Pokemon Ash used in the show be catchable? I think you will probably have him get Squirtle, Bulbasaur and Charmander the same way he did in the anime but what about Pidgeotto in the Virdian Forest, Snorlax, Primape, Lapras etc.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
    Years
  • This looks amazing... *Bookmarks* I'll definitely be keeping up with this, I can't wait for the BETA. :D

On a more interesting note: I'm currently putting all my time/effort into working out how to make a following script. Although I doubt I will get very far, due to my laziness and lack of attention. :P You'll be the first one I share anything I find with, so you may be getting a PM in the next few days. :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2016
    This is going to own life when it's done. Is this going to have events from the movies? If so, I'd love it even more. Actually, all I care about is the first movie. Mew owns. Anyway, good luck with this game. It looks great so far.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2010
    I'm loving the idea and maps of this hack, but I do have one question. What will happen on that whole right side of Route 1? What's the point of it?

Last edited:

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
    Years
  • Just wanted to say, Fantastic Job! This looks amazing, the attention to detail is quite remarkable. I guess you spent ages watching the anime for ideas?

Anyway, you've gained my support!

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
    Years
  • Lookin good ;) The hack might be relatively short,when i think about it,so you should probly lengthen it? anyways nice job...uve done alot in the week or so i havent been here...would u like another suport banner?

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
    Years
  • in b4 huge post. I like to take the time to respond to everyone; everyone's opinion matters. Information on the project is after my responses, as always.

I understand completely, Barker-san; I've been on the "busy with school" thing too. Just take your time.
    Advice taken. :p
    I can help with extra scripting if you need me.
    Got a great hack going on here, keep it up^^
    Having trouble grasping the more advanced scripting. If you get a chance to PM me about it, please do.
    Well, I just thought I might say, Congratulations on Hack of the Week last week!
    Thanks. :p
    Hey Barker, whats up.
    Why dont you move this to Hack Showcase?
    Also Keep up the good work.
    I want to time the move to the showcase with the beta release.
    Wow it looks really awesome dude :D whenever you finish is gonna be like the best of these years since pikachu is one of my fav and always wanted to have him from out his pokeball like Ash's did x3
    Haha, hopefully I can help you with that.
    I support your hack completely. In fact, you gave me the idea to do Mewtwo Strikes Back because I liked that you were remaking the Series.
    Cool idea. I had originally planned on adding a few events from the early movies, but it'll be cool to see a full hack dedicated to it.

Good luck.
    It'll require some ASM, but you could make it so its impossible to remove Pikachu from your team.

It would fix your problem of people removing Pikachu.
    That might be a good idea. I'd need help with that though.
    Hey Barker, I've been lurking around this thread for a while and thought I'd say hi and wish you good luck. I love the Brock/Misty coming from offscreen idea. Keep going, never give up! :D
    Thanks man, it really means a lot. ;)
    This hack looks amazing!!! I would be honored to help in any way possible (except for scripting). Again, this hack will be amazing!
    Tell you what, if I think of something, I'll contact you.
    Υep its possible. I acually dweld into a theory how. You know how oak stops you from using items like the bike in houses? You configure it to stop depositing pikachu! Hard but it could technically could be done.technically of course.
    Perhaps.. We'll see.
    Wow, nice hack. I support it. I can help with some scripting.
    PM me, if you're still interested. :p
    Keep at it Barker. You've inspired me to make a Manga version hack! Well, I hope you don't stop hacking.
    Cool beans. It's fun to see all the anime/manga related hacks lately.
    Hey Barker it seems you haven't updated anything for a while...Anyways do you have Beta Testers yet? If no will you want me to be one:)
    We'll cross that bridge when we get to it. :p I have no idea how I'm going to handle beta testing.. I'll see how Hiroshi does it.
    He's probabley busy, everyone's busy at some point.
    Busy busy busy. I'll explain at the end of this post.
    How will you make room for such big maps? Don't get me wrong I absolutely love this idea and will support you the whole way i'm just wandering how they will all fit..
    Not every map will be bigger. Everything will be remapped though.
    This hack is looking great, I look foward to seeing how this turns out.
    Thanks man. :p
    I can't wait for this demo!! This is basically the game I've always wanted :P
    Haha, thanks. :p
    Here's a new Userbar for ya, Woofer/Barker. I'm EXTREMELY sorry that's it not transparent...my apologies... I hope people will use it anyway.

That's very cool Jon. I'll add it to the first post. :)
    Will all the Pokemon Ash used in the show be catchable? I think you will probably have him get Squirtle, Bulbasaur and Charmander the same way he did in the anime but what about Pidgeotto in the Virdian Forest, Snorlax, Primape, Lapras etc.
    That'll be up to the player. I'll have the Pokemon in the right locations, so the opportunity will be there.
    This looks amazing... *Bookmarks* I'll definitely be keeping up with this, I can't wait for the BETA. :D

On a more interesting note: I'm currently putting all my time/effort into working out how to make a following script. Although I doubt I will get very far, due to my laziness and lack of attention. :P You'll be the first one I share anything I find with, so you may be getting a PM in the next few days. :)
    Thanks, and keep me updated. :p That would be amazing, if you could figure it out.
    Yes but not any time soon. (at least I highly doubt so)

Patience is a virtue.

Anyway glad to still see you keen on the project Barker and can't wait to see what comes next. :)
    Updates coming soon, hopefully.
    This is going to own life when it's done. Is this going to have events from the movies? If so, I'd love it even more. Actually, all I care about is the first movie. Mew owns. Anyway, good luck with this game. It looks great so far.
    Yep, there will be movie events. They won't be any more detailed or special than the episode events though, so if you're looking for a great movie hack, look into Meowth's hack.
    I'm loving the idea and maps of this hack, but I do have one question. What will happen on that whole right side of Route 1? What's the point of it?
    Nothing on the right side.. The left side, you'll see. It's all anime related, nothing I made up. :p
    Just wanted to say, Fantastic Job! This looks amazing, the attention to detail is quite remarkable. I guess you spent ages watching the anime for ideas?

Anyway, you've gained my support!
    I did a while back. I should probably review them again.
    This hack looks very promising, don't give up on it!
    It will get finished. Even if I ever wanted to give it up, I'd make sure someone reliable took over the project.
    Lookin good ;) The hack might be relatively short,when i think about it,so you should probly lengthen it? anyways nice job...uve done alot in the week or so i havent been here...would u like another suport banner?
    Short? The episodes I'm drawing inspiration from number into the eighties. Add the few movie events, and possibly the Orange Island story, and you've got a game longer than any of the handheld RPGs. You'll be facing a new event in practically every area.

And a banner, if you want, would be great. You can never have too many banners.
    Are you going to meet Team Rocket in every route/town?
    Only where required. We'll keep it to Jessie/James for the most part.
    This does look very good.
    Thanks man. :)
    :9 This looks delicious. Can't wait for a beta. If there is one, sue me.
    No beta, ha.
    well, looks like this is starting to get popular. keep it up!
    Popular? Noo...

Anyway, thanks. :p

Also, thanks for everyone's patience. Not one comment said anything about my lack of updates. You're all much too polite.. :p

Anyway, as I said, scripting is just hard for me. I've been mapping where possible, and doing basic scripting. Overall, the project is going much slower than I'd've liked. (I had originally wanted the beta done May 23rd. Ha.) Perhaps with help, things will go faster.

I've also been messing around with another project, which I really shouldn't be doing; if I'm this slow with one hack, imagine me splitting time with another. :\ However, I really like the story of my other idea; maybe I'll just make it a fan-story and post it in the Fiction forum.

Anyway, back to PT. It's summer, and I've got Cross Country starting up, along with a possible job. Updates and progress will go faster, I promise. I don't want to give release dates, or get anyone's hopes up, but I really hope to get some sort of playable demo (Probably an Alpha, with a handful of events) out in the coming month. Like I say, however; Don't quote me on this. :p

Thanks guise.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2013
    what happens if pikachu faints???
    he'll still be on your back?

Last edited:

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
    Years
  • In the series, Pikachu was pretty much fine straight after battles where it fainted so it should be fine.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2013

it's not like a pokemon dissintegrates into nothing when it faints is it?
    i seem to remember something about it being a rucksack with pikachu in?

I know, but it can't be lying on him, i dont think i saw that in the shows...

but (lol) i havent seen the shows in forever, but i was OBSESSED with them, so i really like the idea of pikachu's tale.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back