• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
  • I found this just now lol.
    Anyway nice demake Gogo! I like the features you've included in this, and I'll play this when the demo comes out lol.
    The grass tiles could use some improvement though imo.

Lol I've said it like 8 times but I understand since you don't read all the pages. I wouldn't either :D
    Anyway, they're not in yet so they're the wrong tile with the tree palette lol
    Same with the sandy paths

Years
  • Well I think this will not be 100 percent demake possible.because some of the features will be missing like

battle frontiers
    pokemon contest
    partner battle
    explorer kits

So we can say it is 80 percent demake of platinum....

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Well I think this will not be 100 percent demake possible.because some of the features will be missing like

battle frontiers
    pokemon contest
    partner battle
    explorer kits

All of that is implementable.. I don't see where you"re coming from :/
    lol

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Well I think this will not be 100 percent demake possible.because some of the features will be missing like

battle frontiers
    pokemon contest
    partner battle
    explorer kits

the only one that they can't use altered code out of emerald for is the explorer kit and that will be easy enough to do from scratch so long as they get the maps aligned correctly.

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • the only one that they can't use altered code out of emerald for is the explorer kit and that will be easy enough to do from scratch so long as they get the maps aligned correctly.

Why use altered code? Only the RSE starter choosing would make sense. The rest is easy, the explorer kit will require extra work for digging but nothing IMPOSSIBLE.

For me is strange idea put demo with plot situated near the end of the game? I hope that you put some Pokemon to get. So how you think I beat CYRUS on D.W with 5 lvl Pokemon?

Actually, you have a predefined team. I posted it in one of my past posts, forgot where.

Years
  • But how is it possible to add pokemon contest or even pokemon battle frontiers or partner battles!!!! IT IS TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR FIRERED !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2017
    But how is it possible to add pokemon contest or even pokemon battle frontiers or partner battles!!!! IT IS TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR FIRERED !!!!!!!!!!!!!

No it is not. The code for it exists. Most everything can be achieved through coding/programming. The devs could have put it into FR & LG if they chose to, but they didn't, but we still can.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2019
    But how is it possible to add pokemon contest or even pokemon battle frontiers or partner battles!!!! IT IS TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR FIRERED !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It is possible, with ASM. I'm not seeing why you would think otherwise. You can implement anything you want with ASM, it just requires research. That's what motivates me to try and learn ASM, even though looking at JPAN's thumb tutorial makes my head hurt for now.

Years
  • Yeah i also find it strange that the demo will have a part of the story near the games end i havent completed Platinum so i may skip the demo to wait for a beta with a few Gyms but again play like only in the first town and routes just to check how the final version will be like since i played those first areas in platinum if i remember right

By looking at the plates video this hack looks like the real Platinum a bit cant wait for the complete demake version to come out this hack became my 4 of top favorite hacks even if its still not released xD

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • But how is it possible to add pokemon contest or even pokemon battle frontiers or partner battles!!!! IT IS TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR FIRERED !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Totally possible. No reason it wouldn't be.

No it is not. The code for it exists. Most everything can be achieved through coding/programming. The devs could have put it into FR & LG if they chose to, but they didn't, but we still can.

The code doesn't exist actually. It's a DP on thing. There was ONE instance in Emerald where you and Steven fight the Aqua boss and a Grunt. But I don't think we'd want Emerald programming in FR at all lol

It is possible, with ASM. I'm not seeing why you would think otherwise. You can implement anything you want with ASM, it just requires research. That's what motivates me to try and learn ASM, even though looking at JPAN's thumb tutorial makes my head hurt for now.

Hackmew's tutorial, then JPAN. You understand little bits, then go for JPAN. Anyway, what you said is a good point. You can do anything using asm, just not 3d models (cuz gba=2d)

Yeah i also find it strange that the demo will have a part of the story near the games end i havent completed Platinum so i may skip the demo to wait for a beta with a few Gyms but again play like only in the first town and routes just to check how the final version will be like since i played those first areas in platinum if i remember right

By looking at the plates video this hack looks like the real Platinum a bit cant wait for the complete demake version to come out this hack became my 4 of top favorite hacks even if its still not released xD

lol, sounds great. I think the demo itself will attract attention due to the amount of "wow" it brings. (Yes, a selected few have been testing it)

Not done yet with it but you know the distortion world is beast :D

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2015
    Huh, there are already people testing it. Wonderful! This means the beta is soon!
    Why aren't you on the chat?

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    It is possible to put Pokemon Contests in I may not have tried it but I know it's possible since Fire Red itself was made off of the Ruby/Sapphire Engine, so The coding is most likely still leftover along with the trainer sprites.

3dd13

Leader of the Fallen
    Years
  • i feel honored having a slot in the credits though im "super noobish" now compared to 4 years ago and having to relearn everything. i mean, how much swearing have i done just this morning trying to work on the banners? lmao. anyhow, i am also trying to think on the contests on how we could impliment it. off topic question, is it weird that i canunderstand asm concepts, even theories on how to apply it, but i can never figure out how to code it? lmao.

as for porting the steven code, that is actually a good idea. it could be ripped, studied, and used as a template. but the follow me effect is another beast entirely. that will need to be coded from scratch.

but keep in nimd. one of the biggest rules of programming: dont reinvent the wheel. if you can use existing code, use it. if it needs fixing, fix it. but by all means, never create new code where you dont have to.

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2017
    The code doesn't exist actually. It's a DP on thing. There was ONE instance in Emerald where you and Steven fight the Aqua boss and a Grunt. But I don't think we'd want Emerald programming in FR at all lol

I just meant it's possible to write such a feature into FR.

Salamence™

Gen 3♥
    Years
  • Wow a Platnium remake on gba can you do it? good luck with it :D
    And it is very impresive that you have put soo mutch work in it :)
    ( i am also very excited too see the other hack)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back