• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
  • It is possible to put Pokemon Contests in I may not have tried it but I know it's possible since Fire Red itself was made off of the Ruby/Sapphire Engine, so The coding is most likely still leftover along with the trainer sprites.

FR is NOT coded off of the rs engine at all. It's a ton more stable and reliable in what it does. Emerald was built half off of the FR engine and coded at the same time, then thrown off for a year and worked on again. So Emerald is more close to FR than rs will ever be.

Plus if the coding was still leftover FR wouldn't be the game to hack, Emerald would

lol gogo shock the community and put contests in.
    or maybe i sound dumb and it really is impossible

Why
    on
    Earth
    would it be impossible guys? lol

i feel honored having a slot in the credits though im "super noobish" now compared to 4 years ago and having to relearn everything. i mean, how much swearing have i done just this morning trying to work on the banners? lmao. anyhow, i am also trying to think on the contests on how we could impliment it. off topic question, is it weird that i canunderstand asm concepts, even theories on how to apply it, but i can never figure out how to code it? lmao.

as for porting the steven code, that is actually a good idea. it could be ripped, studied, and used as a template. but the follow me effect is another beast entirely. that will need to be coded from scratch.

but keep in nimd. one of the biggest rules of programming: dont reinvent the wheel. if you can use existing code, use it. if it needs fixing, fix it. but by all means, never create new code where you dont have to.

The Follow me is done, but "bulky" in size. I'll have to ask for it

I just meant it's possible to write such a feature into FR.

Ah ok

Wow a Platnium remake on gba can you do it? good luck with it :D
    And it is very impresive that you have put soo mutch work in it :)
    ( i am also very excited too see the other hack)

lol
    I think the people that haven't played platinum due to the impression of a dp remake will have to go back to it. If you haven't played platinum, chances are you won't take the time to appreciate these hacks since you don't know how hard a pl demake really is.

Testing? Can i test too i will only do it for helping purposes not for getting a copy of the hack earlier :)
    xD

If you pm me and join http://romhack.me then maybe we can work something out

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2015
    Hello. This seems like it will be a very successful project :)! Just some questions (and please correct me if I misread something or if I'm just completely wrong):

1. What happens to Wi-Fi based services like the GTS?
    2. If Platinum Red is a complete demake of Platinum, where will all 493 pokémon be located?

Thanks in advance :).

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2015
    Hello. This seems like it will be a very successful project :)! Just some questions (and please correct me if I misread something or if I'm just completely wrong):

2. If Platinum Red is a complete demake of Platinum, where will all 493 pokémon be located?

Not sure about GTS, but Platinum Red will be like the vanilla Platinum, therefore having the same encounters as the NDS version. Platinum Blue, on the other hand, will have a bunch of cool extras and will have all 493 available to catch.
    (Correct me if I'm wrong, GoGo)

Near~

The End is Near...
    Years
  • First of all. YES! FINALLY XD I never played any pokemon games on DS/3DS because I gave up on pokemon but yes finally I can play it on my good old gameboy:3
    Well, This looks like a ROM hack with a lot of effort that has (and is ) been put into :)
    I thought just adding huge DP tiles would be a pain but some of the scripting or asm looks like would kill me if I tried XD
    Nice job and now with that poll you are more assured you can finish this x3
    ~Best of luck!

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2015
    Not sure about GTS, but Platinum Red will be like the vanilla Platinum, therefore having the same encounters as the NDS version. Platinum Blue, on the other hand, will have a bunch of cool extras and will have all 493 available to catch.

Ah thanks. Would Blue then have the same map as vanilla Platinum or no?

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2015

Yes, I think. But with some added areas. I think GoGo said something about a PWT being in Platinum Blue! I so can't wait for this, even if the beta is only the Distortion World!

3dd13

Leader of the Fallen
    Years
  • daniilS was helping me on a GTS asm hack. it basically imitates the gts and generates random pokemon. i dont completely understand how it works, but it basically will let you trade just like the gts, but still have weighted random checks so you cant just trade a ratatta for an arceus. as for GoGo's hack, im not sure if he will impliment this, but when my hack is started, it will definitely be finished and implimented.
    btw you may wonder: why 2 demakes? mine is part of the advance series i will make. the goal is an agb version of all pokemon games in as close to 1:1 as possible with full link support. it isnt being made to sompete with GoGo's hack and im trying my best to help him where i can.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2015
    daniilS was helping me on a GTS asm hack. it basically imitates the gts and generates random pokemon. i dont completely understand how it works, but it basically will let you trade just like the gts, but still have weighted random checks so you cant just trade a ratatta for an arceus. as for GoGo's hack, im not sure if he will impliment this, but when my hack is started, it will definitely be finished and implimented.
    btw you may wonder: why 2 demakes? mine is part of the advance series i will make. the goal is an agb version of all pokemon games in as close to 1:1 as possible with full link support. it isnt being made to sompete with GoGo's hack and im trying my best to help him where i can.

Nice. Sounds very interesting since GBA doesn't have Wi-Fi capabilities.

daniilS

busy trying to do stuff not done yet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2024

I've got a base for a fake gts ready, I still need to finish it. It works exactly like the real gts, but instead of trading with people you trade with an AI which can classify the pokemon to only accept/propose reasonable trades, although exceptions may happen...
    As for 2, Platinum Blue will indeed have all 493 pokemon, in places where you'd expect to find them (extra 'mon in water), in places never used (Arceus), and I'm thinking about a mistery gift implementation.

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Love the idea, I can't wait for the first Alpha/Beta

*Demo
    :D

Sorry Guys, I was gone for several days.. now as I'm back for a day, tell me what'd I missed!

Demo - Distortion World only - Predefined team - get popularity/attention to hacks

1: Due to the GBA's lack of Wi-Fi (and our lack of a 24/7 server host) it'll be based on random NPCs (literally random, it's asm) trading randomly (restrictions of course, no NPC will have Darkrai) and different ones every day.
    2: You won't get 493 in Pl. Red but in Pl Blue you will. You can trade from one to the other.

Yeah, you're on board with that answer. ;)

First of all. YES! FINALLY XD I never played any pokemon games on DS/3DS because I gave up on pokemon but yes finally I can play it on my good old gameboy:3
    Well, This looks like a ROM hack with a lot of effort that has (and is ) been put into :)
    I thought just adding huge DP tiles would be a pain but some of the scripting or asm looks like would kill me if I tried XD
    Nice job and now with that poll you are more assured you can finish this x3
    ~Best of luck!

pfft, I've been assured lol
    Thanks for the feedback. This is also working on real hardware.

Map? Like worldmap? if so then yes. There'll be a few other islands and stuff for legends that will obviously not be in sinnoh :D

Yes, I think. But with some added areas. I think GoGo said something about a PWT being in Platinum Blue! I so can't wait for this, even if the beta is only the Distortion World!

Yeah, a fully functional PWT is already in (other than losing brings you to the main hall)

daniilS was helping me on a GTS asm hack. it basically imitates the gts and generates random pokemon. i dont completely understand how it works, but it basically will let you trade just like the gts, but still have weighted random checks so you cant just trade a ratatta for an arceus. as for GoGo's hack, im not sure if he will impliment this, but when my hack is started, it will definitely be finished and implimented.

Like those banners :P

Nice. Sounds very interesting since GBA doesn't have Wi-Fi capabilities.

I mean, VBA-link does but it's not going to work.

I've got a base for a fake gts ready, I still need to finish it. It works exactly like the real gts, but instead of trading with people you trade with an AI which can classify the pokemon to only accept/propose reasonable trades, although exceptions may happen...
    As for 2, Platinum Blue will indeed have all 493 pokemon, in places where you'd expect to find them (extra 'mon in water), in places never used (Arceus), and I'm thinking about a mistery gift implementation.

Or a cheatcode thing. I have an old asm hack that allows a number (that you choose from a scroll messagebox) that takes a number you insert (0-65535) and compares it to a table of codes.

Id like to see event pokemon being at their original places and getting the items for them same way if possible

Like that Regigigas where you get the other Regi's.

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • is the plan with releasing beta 1 in march 2014 (this month) still correct? do you plan on changing it .. -_-

Hopefully this month (The Distortion World shouldn't take a whole month)
    In the event that it does, I'll say it

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back