• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durkadurk

Former lurker
Years
  • Looking forward to this project! Nice to see that Smeargle is on the team. I know he keeps it artsy, so graphics on this project should be fine haha. On the other side, I suggest focusing on PR first. Late releases on PB should be fine with me because I'll be busy with PR. Anys, if you plan on releasing them on the same time then go hehe =))

Impatient people may bug you; ignore them. I like how this hack progresses, slowly but surely. Bid you goodluck Gogo x daniilS!

daniilS

busy trying to do stuff not done yet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2024
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=223078

I think this might be handy for animating pokemon in firered
    Yeah, I've seen that and I'm planning to extend that system. Thanks anyways.

Looking forward to this project! Nice to see that Smeargle is on the team. I know he keeps it artsy, so graphics on this project should be fine haha. On the other side, I suggest focusing on PR first. Late releases on PB should be fine with me because I'll be busy with PR. Anys, if you plan on releasing them on the same time then go hehe =))

Impatient people may bug you; ignore them. I like how this hack progresses, slowly but surely. Bid you goodluck Gogo x daniilS!
    So far I've only worked on features to appear in both, but I try to pick a subject and then hack everything related to it that needs to be done. In this case it's movement, so logically, I also diagonal walking.

iPika

Crytec
    Years
  • Call me stupid but I have no idea. Is there such a thing as Gen 4,5,6 abilities in 3? Like Gale Wings or Mega Launcher.

Years
  • Call me stupid but I have no idea. Is there such a thing as Gen 4,5,6 abilities in 3? Like Gale Wings or Mega Launcher.

Yes, you could even make your own ability
    Though Platinum Red and Blue will only have the Abilitys exsitent up to Platinum, since the game will be a full demake and Platinum Blue has to be compatible

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years

While not relevant to this thread, later abilities have been added. My rombase for example has the 2 you mentioned.

I'll be helping Gogo and Dan add the Gen 4 abilities in though. Nothing past Gen 5 or 6 will feature.

Last edited:

Dxys

Pkmn. Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2014
    So much progress has been made on this, and its only been like, a week since I last checked in.

#GOTAGOFSAT

iPika

Crytec
    Years
  • While not relevant to this thread, later abilities have been added. My rombase for example has the 2 you mentioned.

I'll be helping Gogo and Dan add the Gen 4 abilities in though. Nothing past Gen 5 or 6 will feature.

Yeah, that was my secret question (whether this ROM had gen 4 abilities). Its amazing how I don't check in for a year and such progress has been made. Anyway, good luck to all of you. Thanks a lot!

Smeargle

Illusory
    Years
  • I think its about time I showed something.
    Here is a slightly outdated sneak peak of the 8-directional walking sprites you may see for lucas.

Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!

Mr.Mako

Resident Edgelord Troll
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2023
    I think its about time I showed something.
    Here is a slightly outdated sneak peak of the 8-directional walking sprites you may see for lucas.

If thats outdated I can't wait to see the current ones.

Years
  • I think its about time I showed something.

Wow, that looks freaking amazing
    I thought it'd look all flat and derpy, but that's top noch
    Plus, if that's outdated, I can't wait to see how the final version will be :)

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • This sounds awesome. I thougt making a complete demake of 4th gen is impossible. I hope it will be out soon.

Nothing is impossible if you actually want to hack it in. Gen 5 is totally possible too... huehue

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back