• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smeargle

Illusory
Years
  • How do you plan to keep this rom within 32 mb? This first alpha had 6-ish ow maps and a few internal maps(with more hidden in the files), roughly 1/10th of the features platinum had, and it is already 17.8 MB. Granted there are about 5 areas of small free space packed in the 17.8 mb file but Its still nearly bigger then what you find on most completed romhacks.

Just something I found peculiar.
    I mean for a full demake you will need space for contest, all the contestants, the frontier and all of the challengers, the distortion world, underground and bases, pokeball seals, ect.

I just wanted to know if you had a plan for how you may get this to work

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • How do you plan to keep this rom within 32 mb? This first alpha had 6-ish ow maps and a few internal maps(with more hidden in the files), roughly 1/10th of the features platinum had, and it is already 17.8 MB. Granted there are about 5 areas of small free space packed in the 17.8 mb file but Its still nearly bigger then what you find on most completed romhacks.

Just something I found peculiar.
    I mean for a full demake you will need space for contest, all the contestants, the frontier and all of the challengers, the distortion world, underground and bases, pokeball seals, ect.

I just wanted to know if you had a plan for how you may get this to work

Sound effects (samples)
    Images

Those two are the biggest things to worry about space with when creating a GBA game. However, pokemon sprites and pokemon cries have already been done. We still have 16MB. 16 is an enormous amount of space regardless of what you do. And the things you mentioned are only tables that get read and put on screen, so none of those would take up even 1MB. Space isn't an issue at all for this. Just because it's based off of another game doesn't mean that you're going to have no space.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2024
    Bug Report

Use Flash128k. The last bug you mentioned is already in the details post.

I already fixed my own problem. I just deleted my previous battery save file (.sav) and started a new game. now it's working fine without changing my emulators cartridge save type or save type..

But anyway. Thanks.
    We will just wait for next updates for this game.

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Whenever 1.3 comes out with all bugs hopefully fixed, we'll move onto the hopefully more stable alpha 2 lol

Years
  • GoGo,Two Questions :
    -It is possible the Sinnoh Underground? (The only place of entire Sinnoh region where you can get Cranidos and Shieldon Fossils)
    -Also it's possible the battles localized in the Resto (Restaurant) localized above Pastoria City? I mean I don't have any problem with RTC but it's possible to make a routine where it focus on changing trainers at everyday?

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2021
    I played game (FireRed base) while ago and I couldn't get gift. I followed instructions and nothing, when I click to "Mystery Gift" it's said: "There is no mystery gift" or something.
    Very buggy alpha, but I'm looking forward to future release.

NeoSpeedFreak

A piece of meat
    Years
  • I did the save before choosing a starter glitch (I forgot that happened) and tried to make a new save file (I chose girl again and used the same names), when I did it the first script at home (when Barry appears) never happens, I can go to the tall grass without a Pokémon (The game freezes) and when I did a soft reset of that file I went to the Lake, talked to Barry and the game froze again.

nemesish

Azure Trainer
    Years
  • I played game (FireRed base) while ago and I couldn't get gift. I followed instructions and nothing, when I click to "Mystery Gift" it's said: "There is no mystery gift" or something.
    Very buggy alpha, but I'm looking forward to future release.

You get the Jirachi at the first PokeMart.
    Just like the deliveries of Mistery Gifts on DS-Platinum.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2017
    I've tried 6 times to patch with Squirrels FireRed, 4 times with an Emerald ROM and twice with a Ruby ROM and each time NUPS said the the patch and ROM were incompatible. Yes, I am using the right patches for their respective ROMs. Is there anything that I am doing wrong with this?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • livinlegends7 said:
    *After you get the pokedex, if you look at your trainer card, you are given 2 stars and it turns orange

How you obtained the Pokedex?
    I talked with Rowan and did the Dawn teaching PCenter and Mart stuff but i didn't obtained it :(

Cya~

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Fake trainer IDs? like the GTS works, somehow this can be incorporated too?
    3rd Gen foreign language games can communicate with other languages. It's not like Gen 1 or 2 where the files will get destroyed because you tried communicating where it had to be entirely reprogrammed to fit the new languages. Unless you meant this hack with Japanese FireRed, which in that case. Yeah, that won't work.

Years
  • I've tried 6 times to patch with Squirrels FireRed, 4 times with an Emerald ROM and twice with a Ruby ROM and each time NUPS said the the patch and ROM were incompatible. Yes, I am using the right patches for their respective ROMs. Is there anything that I am doing wrong with this?

Yeah it sounds like you are. Try these steps and see if this works:
    1. Open up NUPS
    2. Click "Apply an UPS patch to a file"
    3. Input the file you want to patch and the patch
    4. Before you click "Patch" go to the "If file is invalid" section and switch it from "Abort" to "Ignore"
    5. Click "Patch"

*Remember to patch the patch to its respective rom.

I hope this helps.

I talked with Rowan and did the Dawn teaching PCenter and Mart stuff but i didn't obtained it :(

Cya~

Well you can't really obtain the Pokedex. This was actually commented by GoGoJJTech for the current Beta:
    You do not receive the dex - Don't worry about it, you weren't supposed to anyway.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2021

Cya~

Well I used a glitch in alpha 1.0 to get it. You just talk to the wii in Barry's room and you get a pokedex, magneton, 100 rare candies, and 100 dawn stones.This has been fixed though in 1.2 and onward, so nothing happens now.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2017
    Yeah it sounds like you are. Try these steps and see if this works:
    1. Open up NUPS
    2. Click "Apply an UPS patch to a file"
    3. Input the file you want to patch and the patch
    4. Before you click "Patch" go to the "If file is invalid" section and switch it from "Abort" to "Ignore"
    5. Click "Patch"

*Remember to patch the patch to its respective rom.

I hope this helps.
    Ah, thank you. It works now. :)
    Really excited to play and get my Jirachi!

nemesish

Azure Trainer
    Years
  • Well I used a glitch in alpha 1.0 to get it. You just talk to the wii in Barry's room and you get a pokedex, magneton, 100 rare candies, and 100 dawn stones.This has been fixed though in 1.2 and onward, so nothing happens now.

This happened to me too.
    But not the Dex, just Magneton, the Candies and the Stones.

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • I did the save before choosing a starter glitch (I forgot that happened) and tried to make a new save file (I chose girl again and used the same names), when I did it the first script at home (when Barry appears) never happens, I can go to the tall grass without a Pokémon (The game freezes) and when I did a soft reset of that file I went to the Lake, talked to Barry and the game froze again.

The reason that happens is the rowan intro actually doesn't reset the save game. You have to manually delete the .sav. It'll be fixed soon like the rest of these bugs.

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Alrighty everybody, the Jirachi event has ended. You will no longer be able to receive the Jirachi gift.
    Sorry for no updates, I actually had no hacking time today and might not tomorrow either :(
    However, DarkSneasel might have found a way to fix the "buildings can be seen loading" glitches. It's not certain if his theory will work, but it's a possibility. I just want to thank him in advance for his idea, and if you don't know who he is, then be sure to check out his profile and his hacks because he's a great hacker and a great friend of mine.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2016
    This is a magnificent game. I quite liked the alpha, and I was just wondering, when are you going to release Platinum Blue? After you're done with Platinum Red? Anyways, keep up the good work.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back