• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2017
    People have high expectations of you lol. But you're only human. I think people sometimes forget no one here is a professional developer, well most of us. Even even the pros have to deal with bugs all the time. No need to rush, once this is finished it's something to be proud of for a lifetime. I bet even Game Freak would wish they knew how to do this when they made their first GBA gen game.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • People have high expectations of you lol. But you're only human. I think people sometimes forget no one here is a professional developer, well most of us. Even even the pros have to deal with bugs all the time. No need to rush, once this is finished it's something to be proud of for a lifetime. I bet even Game Freak would wish they knew how to do this when they made their first GBA gen game.

Well they did know how to do it, but they didn't do it. I guess it's because they had a specific style they wanted, and this wasn't it

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2017
    Hah, who knows. Either way I like DPP's bigger sprites. It just looks better imo. But I don't like how slow the DS games are. That's why I'm looking forward to this so much. =) Plus you will be able to play this on pretty much anything smoothly including PCs, tablets and phones.

Reactions: Sun

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Hah, who knows. Either way I like DPP's bigger sprites. It just looks better imo. But I don't like how slow the DS games are. That's why I'm looking forward to this so much. =) Plus you will be able to play this on pretty much anything smoothly including PCs, tablets and phones.

Well that's the plan after all

Reactions: Sun
    Years
  • Please try to add B/W EXP System if possible! it could be really cool experience and will also make the game really different!

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • But gogo adding reusuable TM feature or EXP GAIN after catching pkm features,which were not in original also.

Well in case you somehow missed it, there are two hacks; one being a complete demake and the other taking Sinnoh and throwing changes into it

I'm not a fan of the old EXP system either, but I'm reeeeally not a fan of the new one. IMO, a custom one should be created, but I'm not doing that soon

Years
  • Well in case you somehow missed it, there are two hacks; one being a complete demake and the other taking Sinnoh and throwing changes into it

I'm not a fan of the old EXP system either, but I'm reeeeally not a fan of the new one. IMO, a custom one should be created, but I'm not doing that soon

Oh,that sounds good also.Hopefully that will make the game diiferent exprience than the original.
    Also you can plan to add trainer ev system,which will make it more challenging too....(the original one was little bit easy...except Garchomp)
    Also will you update the pokemon abilities,or add new more ability from GEN 5,6 ?

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Oh,that sounds good also.Hopefully that will make the game diiferent exprience than the original.
    Also you can plan to add trainer ev system,which will make it more challenging too....(the original one was little bit easy...except Garchomp)
    Also will you update the pokemon abilities,or add new more ability from GEN 5,6 ?

I'm not planning on having things added that make the feel of the game like that of gens 5 and above. If anything, they don't fit on the Gameboy and generally make the game suck since it's all about competitive and not about singleplayer at all (unless the game is made for you to be killing yourself with a challenge [like nuzlockes or something])

If you were to be in Sinnoh, with your Pokémon having gen 5 and 6 attributes, it wouldn't be gen 4 anymore, feel like it, or even be worth it imo since you can just go play those games. It absolutely will kill Sinnoh. and i'll cry

Either way, no gen 5 and 6 abilities, nothing like that. It'd also break multiplayer between the hacks

also i hate gens 5 and 6 to death

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2019
    Every time i click "show" underneath spoilers nothing happens. Can someone just reply to me with the download link? Thank you

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2017
    I wonder how all weird 3D parts are gonna look like such as the bridges, fog and Distortion World. I'm sure there are clever work-arounds tho...

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • I wonder how all weird 3D parts are gonna look like such as the bridges, fog and Distortion World. I'm sure there are clever work-arounds tho...

We had plans for fog as soon as I started to work on Route 210, we just never got around to it.

The game will be mostly 2D, which is what it'd be like if Platinum was on the GBA (well not exactly like, but close enough to be perfectly acceptable)

The Distortion World was set up already, not fully working but we also had plans for that

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back