• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2021
    Is this issue arising whenever you knock out a wild Pokemon with Thief, or just when you hit a wild Pokemon with Thief?

I used Thief on a high leveled Electabuzz one-shotting the wild Pokémon, didn't get any item. Vs Red's Pikachu there was the text message that the lightball(or w.e its called) was stolen but after the battle my electabuzz had no item.

What I did not test yet: only damaging a wild Pokémon with Thief while not knocking it out, I will try it out.

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2021
    Ah, damaging a Pokémon with Thief yields a permanent item, while knocking it out does not, didn't knew that!

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2020
    Today I finish the game after so many days of pure fun. This is the best hack I have played. Really well done.
    Two small tips to improve it further:
    1) in the post game create a world official tournament with opponents with level 100 teams that change randomly, to make the game potentially infinite (I know that the battle tower exists, but in the long run it appears repetitive).
    2) allow you to change the aesthetics of your character.
    Thanks again.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2023
    @itsdarsh

Unfortunately, I'm not sure which build it was, but I had just updated it the day I posted that, so the most recent build at that time. It happened when catching a normal Pikachu and adding it to the Pokedex for the first time. After it was put in the PC, everything was fine.

@Rangi

Minor continuity error:
    Spoiler:

HM move Ideas:
    Spoiler:

itsdarsh

Contender
    Years
    @itsdarsh

Unfortunately, I'm not sure which build it was, but I had just updated it the day I posted that, so the most recent build at that time. It happened when catching a normal Pikachu and adding it to the Pokedex for the first time. After it was put in the PC, everything was fine.

If you can replicate this, please let us know more information or even provide a savefile. It likely involves Pokemon with different forms (i.e. Galarian/Alolan forms so Pokemon like Geodude or Meowth) and the issue is still open so it's unlikely it's been magically resolved.

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Pokemaniac Brent north of Mahogany says something like "My darlings" to refer to his Pokemon, despite the fact that he only has one.

Yeah, that's in GSC too. He's rematchable, so you only see one of his Pokémon at a time.

I'll consider further HM changes.

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Thanks to FIQ, abilities now slide out like in Gen 5+. They even have the sound effect. :)

Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
    Aye Rangi, I just wanted to ask if the current version 3 on GitHub is stable enough for a playthrough? Or would you suggest I wait longer? Thank you in advance!

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Aye Rangi, I just wanted to ask if the current version 3 on GitHub is stable enough for a playthrough? Or would you suggest I wait longer? Thank you in advance!

You can complete the game, but some of the custom optional side areas still lack trainers, wild Pokémon, NPC dialog, etc. Also there are various open issues, but currently no game-breaking ones, and many are just cosmetic (graphical/audio bugs that don't affect play).

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2021
    I am playing the version polished crystal 2.2.0
    and i would like to know where i can find chansey?
    the pokedex says in the safari zone but I have been searching for 2 days and nothing.
    someone who can help me

thanks.

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I am playing the version polished crystal 2.2.0
    and i would like to know where i can find chansey?
    the pokedex says in the safari zone but I have been searching for 2 days and nothing.
    someone who can help me

thanks.
    I got a Chansey from Wonder Trade, and most entries in the dex. I just spree captured pokés and traded them and kept trading duplicates until I got bored, I would assume higher levels allow for more variety but I got a Chansey trading a level 10. Hey, but, there's a lady in the grass at route 34 who trades you a Chansey. That's next to Fushia City.

Two bugs discovered. In Kanto, a fisherman shapeshifted into a primarily green-colored cowgirl. This was the first guy on the docks south of Lavender. The guy changed after the battle was over and gave the usual dialogue. When I went back into Lavender and turned round to see if anything would change, the fisherman was back to his own sprite.

Rangi, I found Suicune bugged outside Mount Mortar, clicking on it says object event. This is 2.2 version. I found Suicune at least twice in most areas, and I'd guess this is the seventh or sixth time.

I have been to Indigo Plateau, have not beaten the Elite Four, and have not physically entered the other tower in Ecruteak at all. I also have not registered the other dogs in the dex as I have been using save states before entering grass and loading out of just a peculiarity. Perhaps I've abused the game too much with save states and fast-forward, but I do have save files. I play the game for five minutes without speeding up, and checking trainer card, healing, and battling, as otherwise the saves get messed up and I always resume the game from the save. I'm using an Android emulator called Nostalgia GBC.

On that suicune issue: I captured it at Bell Tower and its "object event" sprite disappeared from outside Mount Mortar.

On the side, could you buff Ditto to have healing after it transforms? Perhaps as strong as Recover? I like that shiny Ditto, but it would also benefit from defence, speed, and hp. The Stat Judge says it has great hp, attack, and special, but those would be lost whereas my suggestions would make that Ditto totally alpha.
    _____
    Hey Rangi, stone evolvers are stuck with level 1 moves. Clefable at level 59 only knew minimize, doubleslap, metronome, and moonlight.

Last edited:
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    In Pokémon Stadium 2, Earl offered a lot of information in his Academy, including a type chart. Now he gives you a Type Chart in Polished Crystal, which you can even check freely during battle.

Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2020
    Really love this hack so far. Makes me feel like I'm going through the game for the first time again.
    Were there any changes to Flaaffy's evolution? I got it to level 33 and it still won't evolve. I'm playing beta 3.0.0-beta-e4ffab20

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2020
    Any plans to make a "more faithful" version? Or know of any fan-forks that already do so?

By "more faithful" I mean a version that doesn't have any of the Pokémon changed/removed?
    It bugs me more than it should lol, but seeing Johto Pokémon removed from a Johto game makes this unplayable for me :/

Which is a shame because everything else about the hack is fantastic.

And yeah I know reversing those changes would make some of the stuff you've added obsolete but I'd mind it a lot less tbh.
    Although since you can have 253 Pokémon apparently, I wouldn't mind the 'more faithful' version keeping in Glaceon and Leafeon :)

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Any plans to make a "more faithful" version? Or know of any fan-forks that already do so?

By "more faithful" I mean a version that doesn't have any of the Pokémon changed/removed?
    It bugs me more than it should lol, but seeing Johto Pokémon removed from a Johto game makes this unplayable for me :/

Which is a shame because everything else about the hack is fantastic.

And yeah I know reversing those changes would make some of the stuff you've added obsolete but I'd mind it a lot less tbh.
    Although since you can have 253 Pokémon apparently, I wouldn't mind the 'more faithful' version keeping in Glaceon and Leafeon :)

I don't think the original 251 are that essential: sure Igglybuff and Delibird were in GSC, but would you really want them back in exchange for Togekiss and Weavile? (Delibird wouldn't even have Present if it came back.) Gen 4 has been around for over a decade, so to me things like Misdreavus not evolving would stand out at least as much as Clefairy not having a baby form.

When/if it's possible to have more than 254 Pokémon and moves (multiple efforts are underway for that) I'd like to make PC more like HGSS, with all of Gen 1+2 and the subset of Gen 3+4 ones available from "Hoenn Sound" and "Sinnoh Sound" radio programs. And a few Gen 5+ like Sylveon thrown in.

Back