• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    You'll already get DazzlinGleam from Valerie. :) Good point about the others, I'll come up with something.

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    And... done!

SZwldUt.png

The Nuzlocke rules implemented here are the basics:

• A fainted Pokémon can't be revived, by items, Pokémon Centers, or events. The only exception is your first rival battle, when you just have your starter.
    • You can only catch the first Pokémon you encounter in a new location. "Location" is defined with the Town Map mechanics, so Sprout Tower is separate from Violet City, but multiple floors of Union Cave or multiple sections of the Safari Zone count as one location. And nothing is counted until you receive your first five Poké Balls.
    • Every Pokémon gets a nickname, no asking whether you want to or not. Of course, you can cancel out to give the default name.
    • The dupes clause is in effect. If you've caught a Pidgey and encounter one on a new route, it won't count unless you catch it.
    • The shiny clause is also in effect. Shinies can always be caught.
    • Gift Pokémon do not count as encounters. Static encounters like Sudowoodo, Snorlax, and Suicune do.
    • Nothing special happens when you black out, although your team is revived so you aren't walking around with zero usable Pokémon. I didn't want to automatically erase your save file or something, since people might want to do a retrospective.
    • You can toggle Nuzlocke mode on and off in the Options whenever you want. However, it keeps track of encounter locations even when the mode is off, so when you turn it back on they'll all count.

Last edited:

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
    Years
  • And... done!

SZwldUt.png

• A fainted Pokémon can't be revived, by items, Pokémon Centers, or events. The only exception is your first rival battle, when you just have your starter.
    • You can only catch the first Pokémon you encounter in a new location. "Location" is defined with the Town Map mechanics, so Sprout Tower is separate from Violet City, but multiple floors of Union Cave or multiple sections of the Safari Zone count as one location. And nothing is counted until you receive your first five Poké Balls.
    • Every Pokémon gets a nickname, no asking whether you want to or not. Of course, you can cancel out to give the default name.
    • The dupes clause is in effect. If you've caught a Pidgey and encounter one on a new route, it won't count unless you catch it.
    • Gift Pokémon do not count as encounters. Static encounters like Sudowoodo, Snorlax, and Suicune do.
    • Nothing special happens when you black out, although your team is revived so you aren't walking around with zero usable Pokémon. I didn't want to automatically erase your save file or something, since people might want to do a retrospective.
    • You can toggle Nuzlocke mode on and off in the Options whenever you want. However, it keeps track of encounter locations even when the mode is off, so when you turn it back on they'll all count.
    Fast work m8, should make things interesting. Is there a way to keep them dead and maybe just swap one out with a healthy one in your PC? Not too nessisary but it'd be a nice touch to have true permadeath

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Is there a way to keep them dead and maybe just swap one out with a healthy one in your PC?

Yes? They'll stay dead, and you can go withdraw one from the PC. If you mean having it happen automatically during battle, that would be too weird. You could end up using dozens of Pokémon in one hard fight.

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
    Years
  • Yes? They'll stay dead, and you can go withdraw one from the PC. If you mean having it happen automatically during battle, that would be too weird. You could end up using dozens of Pokémon in one hard fight.

I was talking about in the wipe situation where you said they'd be revived, so you could have one healthy pokemon and have no need to revive them

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I was talking about in the wipe situation where you said they'd be revived, so you could have one healthy pokemon and have no need to revive them

I see. No, as far as I know if your team of six faints in a Nuzlocke it's game over. The revival is just to avoid glitches, not let you continue playing.

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
    Years
  • I see. No, as far as I know if your team of six faints in a Nuzlocke it's game over. The revival is just to avoid glitches, not let you continue playing.

Gotcha, I use a different set of nuzlocke rules that allow you to continue if you still have some in the PC so thats why I asked

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Lt. Surge's gym will now have electric fences. The sprite is a cross between Wattson's in Gen 3 and his own in Gen 4:

1pUhp0A.png

Gotcha, I use a different set of nuzlocke rules that allow you to continue if you still have some in the PC so thats why I asked

That's cool. You can still play that way here, of course, but you'll still have to do the step of withdrawing a new set of six.

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
    Years
  • Lt. Surge's gym will now have electric fences. The sprite is a cross between Wattson's in Gen 3 and his own in Gen 4:

1pUhp0A.png

That's cool. You can still play that way here, of course, but you'll still have to do the step of withdrawing a new set of six.

Yeah it ain't no big deal lol, look forward to giving this a go again

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2022
    And... done!

SZwldUt.png

• The shiny clause is also in effect. Shinies can always be caught.

Great!

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    wow reading your nuzlocke feature list, i think this is the first time a ROM hack is hardcoded with all the standard nuzlocke rules (along with the usual clauses) properly.
    +1 well done. can't wait for 2.0.0

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    My in game name is Pov, if you want you can make me a boarder since I love ice Pokémon (Weavile is my favourite)

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2022
    A question for everyone: if you'd like to be in the Battle Tower, what's your trainer class and name? I'm adding trainers of the new classes anyway.

Oh wow, sounds cool :) My in-game name is Mordeci (I couldn't fit Mordecai..) and if possible I would like my trainer class to be Ace Trainer or Dragon Tamer? If those aren't possible, I would like to be a Mysticalman.

As an aside, for the harder difficulty of the hack, could you possibly make the Exp Share work like its Gen 6 counterpart? It can simply be stored in the PC for those who don't like it, but it would make grinding significantly easier, especially in Nuzlockes.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2022
    Sorry, not going to happen.

Sorry, it's just you said you wanted it to be the counterpart to Red++ so I assumed... never mind.

Can you add, say, a battle house for grinding purposes, or something similar? Like where you can pay money to repeatedly battle trainers with specific Pokemon? Somewhere to level up quickly before the Elite Four, Red fight, etc, since grinding on the wild Pokemon - even in Victory Road - is tedious as all hell. Especially with the somewhat increased difficulty of the gym leaders and elite four.

A couple of examples of what I mean would be the battle houses in Dark Rising, and the Training Dojo in Pokemon Glazed.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I had the wierdest thing happen. I was training a scyther and when it hit level 15 it evolved into a bulbasaur....

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • I had the wierdest thing happen. I was training a scyther and when it hit level 15 it evolved into a bulbasaur....
    Scyther just realized it's dream of becoming a bulbasaur xD
    On a serious note I think it's a bug just like Scyther is.. Ok I'll stop now.. Use the latest version I remember seeing that bug only in the previous versions of the hack

Back