• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

FIQ

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Anniversary Crystal gave access to Fly rather than Flash at the first gym, which was pretty nice. Have you considered something similar?

uchihamadada

Victory! Means Others Destruction!!
    Years
  • Quick question: if I disabled wild shinies when you don't have Poké Balls, would that be more or less fun? There'd be no moments of frustration, but maybe those are a good thing overall?

Looks like a good idea, that never happens to me (find a wild pkm without any Balls), but in that hypothetical scenario I guess it would be extremely frustrating hahaha...I approve your idea :)

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I don't know if anyone has asked this before, but how do you get HM02 in version 2.2.0? I've talked to Chuck's wife after getting his badge, and she didn't give it to me.

It's in Yellow Forest.

Anniversary Crystal gave access to Fly rather than Flash at the first gym, which was pretty nice. Have you considered something similar?

This would be a change for the sake of change. I prefer getting Flash early, since Dark Cave is right there, and Fly in Cianwood, since that's when you really need it to skip all that water (and there's the whole new method for getting it in Yellow Forest).

Getting from Azalea back to Violet is hard, but not necessary, and as soon as you beat Sudowoodo you can walk right there.

FIQ

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    It's in Yellow Forest.

This would be a change for the sake of change. I prefer getting Flash early, since Dark Cave is right there, and Fly in Cianwood, since that's when you really need it to skip all that water (and there's the whole new method for getting it in Yellow Forest).

Getting from Azalea back to Violet is hard, but not necessary, and as soon as you beat Sudowoodo you can walk right there.

The main reason I wanted it was the ability to get back to Azela more easily, but not wanting to change it is fair. Was just a suggestion.

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
    Years
    • Seen today

You know, now that you mentioned that hack Polished could borrow a thing or two from Anniversary.

How about the feature starting from Gen 4 where the route/town music doesn't start from the beginning everytime you come out of a battle? Was a cool thing I noticed in Anniversary I liked a lot.

FIQ

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Do you intend to backport SM mechanics once that game is released? I'm mainly talking battle mechanics here -- move changes, etc.

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Do you intend to backport SM mechanics once that game is released? I'm mainly talking battle mechanics here -- move changes, etc.

Updates to existing moves and Pokémon, yes. I'm interested in some new mechanics (Hyper Training via Bottle Caps) but not others (showing move effectiveness in battle).

Edit: (very minor Sun/Moon spoiler)
    Spoiler:

You know, now that you mentioned that hack Polished could borrow a thing or two from Anniversary.

How about the feature starting from Gen 4 where the route/town music doesn't start from the beginning everytime you come out of a battle? Was a cool thing I noticed in Anniversary I liked a lot.

Hmm, I'll try implementing that and see if I like the effect in Gen 2. Thanks for the idea.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Are you interested (and if is posible) in the new capture system, like Sun & Mun when you catch a pokémon the game ask you between put the pokemon in your party, check his summary or send to the PC, is one of the bes adittions of S/M

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Are you interested (and if is posible) in the new capture system, like Sun & Mun when you catch a pokémon the game ask you between put the pokemon in your party, check his summary or send to the PC, is one of the bes adittions of S/M

I already borrowed TPP Anniversary Crystal's code for sending caught Pokémon to the PC when your party is full. Maybe I'll add the more thorough options from Sun/Moon. I'll see. For now the 3.0 release is focused on significant internal changes, like abilities, new items, and new maps.

FIQ

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    I assume you are referring to auto-box-switching, since sending to PC has been a thing since 1gen.

Speaking of Sun/Moon, some battle mechanic changes:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
    Years
  • I assume you are referring to auto-box-switching, since sending to PC has been a thing since 1gen.

Spoiler:

Holy crap seriously? Thats a pretty nice nerf to paralysis and conf definitely the most annoying statuses to deal with.

On a related note I beat the game again finally, anything new after I beat the navel rock boss? It was quite fun doing it 25 levels under, that aerodactyl rekt'd me.

uchihamadada

Years
  • Rangi, Just for curiosity...In 3.0 will you add the respective new cries for pkms (like Magnezone, Munchlax and Tangrowth) and new animations for those new attacks?

By the way, I wonder if you will add Sevii Islands?...and what about add the "Vs. Seeker"? personally I find that ítem really useful :)

FIQ

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    How about giving mons found in the Undiscovered Egg group (babies, legendaries, Unown) 3 perfect IVs similar to 6gen? Especially with the new structure seperating the things.
    I was going to look into this myself and send a PR, but wasn't sure how you felt about it,

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I assume you are referring to auto-box-switching, since sending to PC has been a thing since 1gen.

Spoiler:

Interesting!
    Spoiler:

Rangi, Just for curiosity...In 3.0 will you add the respective new cries for pkms (like Magnezone, Munchlax and Tangrowth) and new animations for those new attacks?

By the way, I wonder if you will add Sevii Islands?...and what about add the "Vs. Seeker"? personally I find that ítem really useful :)

New animations, yes. New cries, not unless someone else wants to design them. I would only be able to do so via trial and error, and there are too many possible ways to use the "noise" and "sound" macros for that to be feasible.

Sevii Islands, no; they had little purpose in FR/LG beyond capturing Johto-native Pokémon and hearing some remixed GSC music, neither of which is needed when Johto itself is accessible. And I don't have an original plot suited for a whole new region.

Vs. Seeker, again, no. The Pokégear Phone serves that purpose. I will look into improving the trainer rematches, giving them better teams and making them call for battles sooner.

How about giving mons found in the Undiscovered Egg group (babies, legendaries, Unown) 3 perfect IVs similar to 6gen? Especially with the new structure seperating the things.
    I was going to look into this myself and send a PR, but wasn't sure how you felt about it,

I like this idea, but done OR/AS-style, just for legendary Pokémon. Babies don't need it, since they can be evolved and bred, and Unown is weak even with perfect IVs.

FIQ

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Shellder and Cloyster has Skill Link, but doesn't actually learn any applicable moves in 2gen. Perhaps replace one of Fury Attack/Fury Swipes with Icicle Spear?

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Shellder and Cloyster has Skill Link, but doesn't actually learn any applicable moves in 2gen. Perhaps replace one of Fury Attack/Fury Swipes with Icicle Spear?

Fury Swipes and Fury Attack are a pair like Growl and Leer, and both have wide distribution. On the other hand, Spike Cannon is only learned by Closyter, Omastar, and Corsola, all of which could reasonably learn Icicle Spear instead. Think I'll replace it, and make Shellder learn Fury Attack so Cloyster has two moves for Skill Link to boost.

FIQ

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Huh, never knew Spike Cannon was a move. Looked it up on bulbapedia, and seeing its wide (or not) distribution, I can see why. I guess Cloyster did have an attack boosted by Skill Link then, too bad the attack sucked. Yeah, it's a reasonable replacement.

uchihamadada

Years
  • New animations, yes. New cries, not unless someone else wants to design them. I would only be able to do so via trial and error, and there are too many possible ways to use the "noise" and "sound" macros for that to be feasible.

Sevii Islands, no; they had little purpose in FR/LG beyond capturing Johto-native Pokémon and hearing some remixed GSC music, neither of which is needed when Johto itself is accessible. And I don't have an original plot suited for a whole new region.

Vs. Seeker, again, no. The Pokégear Phone serves that purpose. I will look into improving the trainer rematches, giving them better teams and making them call for battles sooner.

Well, I understand you point with Sevii islands and Vs. Seeker, about cries, just for now why don't you use their pre-evos or evos cries? i mean, use Snoxlax's cry for Munchlax, Magneton's cry for Magnezone, etc. I think that will be a Little more accurate than use Mew's cry :)

PD: I'm agree with the idea to replace Spike Cannon for Icicle Spear {:3}

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    Will (for example) feraligatr learn dark moves with faithful patch?

Back