• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2023
    I'm not going to implement the new-style Exp Share. RBY's Exp All equally distributed the experience, but Gen VI's Exp Share duplicates it. Having the option to gain six times as much experience (with a full party) breaks the level curve: either the game is too easy with Exp Share on, or too hard with it off.

x6 the EXP? Christ. I didn't know it would do that, my bad.

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    x6 the EXP? Christ. I didn't know it would do that, my bad.

Yeah. If you want the effect of RBY's Exp All, buy more Exp Shares in Celadon and give them to your other five Pokémon.

Edit: The roofs of Goldenrod Dept. Store and Celadon Mansion now have proper night skies. Also, you can Fly from them.

Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    Hello, I really like your hack, but I've found a very annoying bug.
    When you fight Lyra the first time and she then takes you inside the day care, after all the dialogue she leaves and I get stuck facing the plant they have there without being able to do anything.

PS: Sorry I can't post an image, the site doesn't let me.

Haha, nevermind. I've already fixed it. Apparently the proble was that I applied the patch over a rom that had already been patched with another hack. Fortunately, I've been able to continue with my save, keeping my shiny venonat.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2023
    Can you help me with some problems?
    Where is TM or Move Tutor Dark Pluse? and another question is Are Electabuzz and Magmar evolve by holding an item and where to find this item?
    Sorry for my bad English.

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Can you help me with some problems?
    Where is TM or Move Tutor Dark Pluse? and another question is Are Electabuzz and Magmar evolve by holding an item and where to find this item?
    Sorry for my bad English.

The Dark Pulse TM is in Dark Cave. Evolution methods and item locations are explained in the FAQ.

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2017
    Hello again!

I've encountered a peculiar bug on the path to lake of rage (rte 43).
    The first time I go to the Lake of Rage, before I do anything with Team Rocket, I can either go through the grass or pay the rockets.

There's a lady in the grass who will battle me, but if I exit the area (just go back through the south gate and back in), I can rebattle her infinite times. The boy not in the grass does not have this effect. She will look at me again and we will rebattle the exact same as before.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Cheers,

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    Hoooo.... 1/32 chances of breeding a shiny with a shiny ditto and I've bred more than 120 charmander and still nothing...

FIQ

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Perhaps the breeder thing should be listed in the first post to hopefully cut down on the amount of people asking about it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2023
    Where is Light Ball? I can't find it in Wild Pikachu.
    Edit: I found it on fighting Yellow.

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2016
    any plans for a release of this with the original dex? i was a bit turned off by this when i saw that there were some removed pokemon

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Perhaps the breeder thing should be listed in the first post to hopefully cut down on the amount of people asking about it.

Done.

any plans for a release of this with the original dex? i was a bit turned off by this when i saw that there were some removed pokemon

Unfortunately there's only room for 253 Pokémon, so I would have to leave out the new evolutions to make room for the old ones.

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    Unfortunately there's only room for 253 Pokémon, so I would have to leave out the new evolutions to make room for the old ones.

Isn't it possible to make room for 512 Pokémon? I think it's possible but requires a lot of work on the code.

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Isn't it possible to make room for 512 Pokémon? I think it's possible but requires a lot of work on the code.

Anything is possible with "a lot of work on the code". I don't think adding one bit to IDs would be significantly easier than adding a byte. Either way, every single read/write of a Pokémon ID in the code would have to be updated.

Edit:

A slight tweak to the stats screen: HP is grouped with the other stats, and the OT and ID are moved to the main page.

Edit 2:

NPCs can have nicknamed Pokémon. The Beauty who brags about her "unique and beautiful" Pokémon gets one (it had Seals in HG/SS, it's shiny here). Schoolgirls also tend to nickname their starters.

Last edited:

uchihamadada

Victory! Means Others Destruction!!
    Years
    Hi Rangi, here a couple of questions:

What about replace Spikes for Toxic spikes?

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2016
    Done.

oh no i'm not asking for you to supplant the dex as it is in your patch now with the vanilla one but merely if you had any plans at all to release an alternate version of the patch with the original dex

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Hi Rangi, here a couple of questions:

What about replace Spikes for Toxic spikes?

Spoiler:

I'll consider replacing Spikes. It could be done as a save-compatible patch after 3.0.

Spoiler:

oh no i'm not asking for you to supplant the dex as it is in your patch now with the vanilla one but merely if you had any plans at all to release an alternate version of the patch with the original dex

No, I don't plan to do that.

Back