• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon R/S/E: Legends

How should the battle system be like?

• Regular but with backgrounds and a few other things added

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Isometric view and have a battle like pokemon stadium/coliseum with arenas and stuff.

Votes: 36 76.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2006
    some people have got to learn that making an ISO pokemon game isn't as easy as pulling a rabit out of your hat. it takes time and a lot of hard work.

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Did I say that He should make it right now? No. Exactly.

Freudmon : At least he wouldn't have to make battle animations. But I understand your point.

DarthJarJar... What page did you post littleroot town and Route 1?

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    pokemaster_jay said:
    some people have got to learn that making an ISO pokemon game isn't as easy as pulling a rabit out of your hat. it takes time and a lot of hard work.

Thank you, hopefully some people will get that..

@Maneachicken
    darthjarjar said:
    the tilesets were made by me, nitram and some other really good spriters, i dont wanna sound greedy but, i kinda want this game to have only these graphics, it makes it stand out and look original, you know what i mean? anyway if you tell me what kind of comic your making via PM then ill see if i can make some tiles for you.
    anyway ill have that indoor done tommorow with more indoors.

for new people: please read through the thread before posting, and read the rules as well, its getting annoying now that some new people are asking the same thing over and over when the answer is just a page or 2 back..if there isnt any battle system pics its common sense that there isnt any system done yet...so please read the rules and read through thread pages(not all just some) dont just read the first post, read through other pages for my other updates too. i know its annoying to read through alot of pages, but it will save you from looking like a noob, and will save you from being flamed and causing spam..

anyway ive just been able to show you maps and give you a walk around demo, the battle system will be around soon, and i already know how its gonna be like. so dont worry about it, and i finished another indoor earlier so expect some new screens soon. plus i have this:
    the moving truck from the beginning in r/s/e on the gba

truck 1: (Parked)

truck 2: (Driving)

ill have more stuff soon, so until next update.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2007
    this is a really great game i played the demo but havent been followin it all the way so i wanted to ask if there is more than one demo or is there just the walking one

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    ive said in my last post that there just a walking one, so yeah thats the only one thats out..

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Braig...Did you read this???
    darthjarjar said:
    Thank you, hopefully some people will get that..

@Maneachicken

for new people: please read through the thread before posting, and read the rules as well, its getting annoying now that some new people are asking the same thing over and over when the answer is just a page or 2 back..if there isnt any battle system pics its common sense that there isnt any system done yet...so please read the rules and read through thread pages(not all just some) dont just read the first post, read through other pages for my other updates too. i know its annoying to read through alot of pages, but it will save you from looking like a noob, and will save you from being flamed and causing spam..

anyway ive just been able to show you maps and give you a walk around demo, the battle system will be around soon, and i already know how its gonna be like. so dont worry about it, and i finished another indoor earlier so expect some new screens soon. plus i have this:
    the moving truck from the beginning in r/s/e on the gba

truck 1: (Parked)

truck 2: (Driving)

ill have more stuff soon, so until next update.

OK... Sorry DJJ. I'll answer you through PM...

The trucks are very nice Indeed. I like the animations on the moving wheels.

ZoFreX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2007
    This game will be the best, so good graphics and I don't mind the battle system being normal.
    Nice Trucks as well.

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    I should think we should be satisfied with the game as its a massive overhaul of the graphics on a whole. I know Ive been persistent and pushing for the Isometric Battles too, but at the moment, its a fantasy. Im happy with the battle system being the normal one.

Can't wait to see more screenies DJJ. I've PMed you.

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    small update:
    ive been kinda busy lately but im currently working on the next route (102) and i have another indoor done so ill post up some new screens.

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
    Years
    I love the pictures in your sig. I'm hoping that's how you encounter groudon and kyogre. Games lookin' great and hope you are the first one to finishthis type of game.

Jirbytaylor

is too lazy to make a new ava
    Years
    PokeCreator_09 said:
    I love the pictures in your sig. I'm hoping that's how you encounter groudon and kyogre. Games lookin' great and hope you are the first one to finishthis type of game.
    They're cool, but something is not right about Kyogre, I don't think it would physically be able to float like that.

I would make the main part of the body be out of the water the most, and then the rest (the futher it is away from the main part of the body)more underwater. And make the water darker, so it seems deeper.

Think of a whale, I don't think a whale could surface perfectly like that.

Just my thought, you don't have to fret over it.

Jirbytaylor

is too lazy to make a new ava
    Years
    PokeCreator_09 said:
    They're cool, but something is not right about Kyogre, I don't think it would physically be able to float like that.

I would make the main part of the body be out of the water the most, and then the rest (the futher it is away from the main part of the body)more underwater. And make the water darker, so it seems deeper.

Think of a whale, I don't think a whale could surface perfectly like that.

Just my thought, you don't have to fret over it.

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    kyogre does float out of the water like that, but thats not how you will encounter it in the game, its just part of the sig, so dont worry about that.

anyway im almost doen with route 102, so ill post in up soon. and im also making more characters at the moment so those screenshots will be coming soon.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 11, 2023
    How's the CBS coming along? You'll have to have a pretty good CBS so it lives up to the standard of the rest of the game. Are you going to make new/better sprites? I might be able to help you but I'm not that great.. I know a few people that might be able to help you though.

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2006
    wow wow wow! this game is truely amazing. it just sparks something in everyones mind that says: wow, thats amazing. lol. i hope to see more!! good luck!

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2006
    Its prety addicting just hurry and make the full vesion!!! I think its awsome! But theres 2 glitchs I found,If you talk to somone you keep talking unless you move. A it takes awhile to go to a diffrent town/route.

azurill

azurill
    Years
    Kakashipoke said:
    Its prety addicting just hurry and make the full vesion!!! I think its awsome! But theres 2 glitchs I found,If you talk to somone you keep talking unless you move. A it takes awhile to go to a diffrent town/route.
    that's not a glitch,you have to press D to end the conversation

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    lol it made me laugh to see how good this game was, so i just wanted to say way to go. i definitely didn't read through the whole thread but i wanted to suggest that your battle system be vertical (like the megaman network games). i don't know why anyone hasn't thought of it before, because tho i never was a fan of the megaman games, i always loved the graphics and simplicity of gameplay. i'm not a game designer, but i'm thinking it might be easier to have vertical battle rather the original pokemon rpg battle.

good luck man, i really hope this does well, and geez, the spriting is awesome! i'd d/l the walk demo but i have dial-up...

fearow23

You know, that guy on T.V.
    Years
    Dude, I gotta say..WOWIE WOWIE WOW A ZOOOGA!! I'm done, but that is cool, my three favorite starters are selectable. Oh.. which one to choose.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back