• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
  • Eevee evolves fine in my other games

It might be a stretch, but in the main folder where you keep your emulator stuff, do you have a file called vba-over? I remember I used to have an issue with the games not saving properly, and when I downloaded that file, things worked out.

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2021
    It might be a stretch, but in the main folder where you keep your emulator stuff, do you have a file called vba-over? I remember I used to have an issue with the games not saving properly, and when I downloaded that file, things worked out.

I only have the application and a notepad titled vba that has a text resource of all configuration settings

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • I only have the application and a notepad titled vba that has a text resource of all configuration settings

When you download and open the folder for an emulator like VBA, it should have a list of folders within listed as ROMs, Skins, a ReadMe, the application, the regular vba text file, and possibly the original zip folder if you wanted to organize.

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    Does anyone know how to evolve eevee into umbreon? I have max happiness evolving at night and I still only get sylveon. Some guy in this thread earlier said it's in the google drive but that's just not true, there's nothing on how to evolve eevee in any of the documents. If someone knows that'd be great I'm attempting a mono dark run

This is just a guess, but make sure Eevee doesn't know any fairy-type moves.

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2021
    This is just a guess, but make sure Eevee doesn't know any fairy-type moves.

God bless you man. This is what it was. As someone who never played the new Pokémon games my only experience with sylveon has been Rom hacks usually using a shiny stone to evolve to sylveon. I had no clue about this interaction at all. Eevee had charm

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • I had forgotten about the Fairy type change to Charm as well. Granted, I never had Charm on my Eevee cause I picked it up at Lvl 25 and did the Vitamins right then before leveling up once.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2023
    Hey, does anyone know how to update the game from 2.0 to 2.1 without losing save data or starting a new game on mac specifically? I think the base instructions are for PC. I use OpenEmu if that helps.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2020
    You see the link at the bottom of the front page that says DOCS? Click that, then click the one called 'Evolution Changes' and scroll down. It's there, you just have to actually read.

That was not there when I read over the docs. Literally, read every single one and searched "Kubfu" on all of them. Must have been updated recently. Either way, it's finally nice to figure out how to evolve him lol.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2023
    Had loads of fun with the game and am thinking about starting another file. Out of curiosity, I understand Zeraora can be found in the power plant raid den, but is he there before the post game or do you have to become champion first?

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • After a few weeks or a month or so (I cant recall when I first played this hack), I've realized that I just can't seem to beat Sabrina anymore. She's just too much for me.

Years
    • lolwut
    • Seen Aug 3, 2021
    Had loads of fun with the game and am thinking about starting another file. Out of curiosity, I understand Zeraora can be found in the power plant raid den, but is he there before the post game or do you have to become champion first?

When starting a new file, I can recommend playing Randomizer hard. Randomizer Easy is just not fun against the "normal" trainers, as they use Tackle at Lv50 or so.

After a few weeks or a month or so (I cant recall when I first played this hack), I've realized that I just can't seem to beat Sabrina anymore. She's just too much for me.
    Are you playing on PC? And I cant recall but you are doing a Randomizer Monotype Normal run? Maybe share a Screenshot of your team/viable pokemon pc box

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024

6* raids (Zeraora is one of them) don't unlock until you become champion first.

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2022
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned something like this but seeing how difficult the elite 4+champion are with only 6 pokemon, what do you think of the idea of bringing 9 pokemon with you and choosing 6 of them for each battle?

Years
    • lolwut
    • Seen Aug 3, 2021
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned something like this but seeing how difficult the elite 4+champion are with only 6 pokemon, what do you think of the idea of bringing 9 pokemon with you and choosing 6 of them for each battle?

hahaha

Years
  • Well, it's a little disappointing not having the sevii Islands (at least I think so, I couldn't get there, can I?), but it is disappointing because this hack is absolutely excellent (in a hellish way, but whatever).

Porygon2 is now my favorite pokemon forever and always haha
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • Are you playing on PC? And I cant recall but you are doing a Randomizer Monotype Normal run? Maybe share a Screenshot of your team/viable pokemon pc box

I'm on a laptop, and I dont do the Randomizer. The run I'm on right now is all Adamant Natures cause I was bored. All my runs end after the Silph Co Giovanni fight now.

EDIT- And the Adamant Nature run is over. The save file glitched on me.

Last edited:
    Back