• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Rich Edition

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2016
    Pokémon Rich Edition

Base Rom:
    Pokémon Ruby (RUBYAXVE01)

Region:
    Molto-Ricco

about:
    Well Basically this isn't a HUGE hack like the rest you've seen but rather a twist on the normal gameplay of Pokemon Ruby. Everything is more deluxe and everyone treats you differently because you are rich. It would be an understatement to say you're living in a superficial world. Please try and tell me what you think. I know it has a few bugs.

Features:
    New History(In the making)
    New Characters
    New Graphics
    New Starters
    New Towns
    New Evolutions

Pictures:
    Pokémon Rich Edition
    Pokémon Rich Edition

Pokémon Rich Edition
    Pokémon Rich Edition

Pokémon Rich Edition
    Pokémon Rich Edition

Pokémon Rich Edition
    Pokémon Rich Edition

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
    Years
  • I don't think you should start out with any of those starters you have chosen. Castform doesn't evolve and doesn't really learn any good moves. Mew...He is just MEW, never start out with legendaries. Kubto Is a rare Pokemon that can only be gotten one, pick some other combo. Yo also should work on your maps. They don't look to great.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    This shouldn't even be considered a hack, this is something along the lines of Pokemon Dragonstone or Pokemon Chaos Black.

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
  • i'm very sorry, but this hack looks terrible!
    Your sprite is bad, your maps have errors, the truck looks flat, and the starters you picked are awful!
    I would learn wayyyyyyy more about hacking before even trying to make another one!

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
  • Well, the hero overworld and his sprite are ok.. I like them.

The truck doesn't really look like a truck though...

Your mapping needs a lot of work.. never fill out a town with flowers.
    My suggestion is to check out some mapping tutorials and check out other people's work in the map rating thread. That way you can see what your maps should look like.

The starters, as stated before, just don't work.
    The worst of 'em is mew. Why would anyone give away a mew???

I don't see any scripting.. oh well..

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2016
    Note that there are new evolutions....Mew evolves to Mewtwo....Castform evovles to Deoxys....

And Don't be too hard on me....I am an amateur who just thought this would be a cool twist on Pokemon Ruby...I don't intend to make this a HUGE hack with complete new scripts because that would take a year or more....

Well, the hero overworld and his sprite are ok.. I like them.

The truck doesn't really look like a truck though...

Your mapping needs a lot of work.. never fill out a town with flowers.
    My suggestion is to check out some mapping tutorials and check out other people's work in the map rating thread. That way you can see what your maps should look like.

The starters, as stated before, just don't work.
    The worst of 'em is mew. Why would anyone give away a mew???

I don't see any scripting.. oh well..

Play the game and you shall see why

Last edited:

Night_Blue

STFU
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2011
    Those evolutions dont sound good and dont make sense
    If you can sprite,then you should create an evolution for them or just change the starters again.

And mew shouldnt be a starter,that ruins the ''challenging'' part of the game

EDIT: srry if I sounded mean

Last edited:

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
  • why would mew evolve into mewtwo and castform evolve into deoxys?
    This hack isn't good at all, i would consider learning a lot more.
    I mean, i know you don't want this to be a big hack, but the way this is going, you'd be lucky if 1 person wanted to play this at all.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2016
    Those evolutions dont sound good and dont make sense
    If you can sprite,then you should create an evolution for them or just change the starters again.

And mew shouldnt be a starter,that ruins the ''challenging'' part of the game

I don't know how...sigh...

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Sorry richboybert but it should have a completely different story instead of you just being rich.
    The beginning pokemon should be more original like a decision between treecko, squirtle, and charmander.
    I myself think the sprites are okay but you have a lot of tile errors.
    E.G. none of the ledges have an end.

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
    Years
  • Hey don't worry buddy...
    The game isnt lookin to good so far, but i'm sure if you keep at it you'll get better.
    Trust me, do scripting!
    It won't take a "year" to make if u do.
    Anyway you have my support unlike everyone else, for some reason...
    They should always support fellow hackers...​

PlasticPokeball

Another Beginner Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2008
    Don't let anyone tell you what you can or cannot do.

Obviously you're new to this, okay, no problem. Everyone's a beginner sometime. I'm a beginner. And yeah it needs some work but, just work on it. You'll learn everything soon enough (not a year) and it will be worth it.

But, hey, I'm a beginner, so what do I know?

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2016
    Hey don't worry buddy...
    The game isnt lookin to good so far, but i'm sure if you keep at it you'll get better.
    Trust me, do scripting!
    It won't take a "year" to make if u do.
    Anyway you have my support unlike everyone else, for some reason...
    They should always support fellow hackers...​

thanks for the support and i guess it can be done in a year with the sacrifice of sleep and social life and those r 2 very important things to me

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    thanks for the support and i guess it can be done in a year with the sacrifice of sleep and social life and those r 2 very important things to me

Umm...No
    I do my hacking work when I'm bored, and I still find the time to get 9 hours of sleep and have an active social life ( Girlfriend, Schoolwork, Movies with Friends, ect )

Once you start hacking more and more, the faster you get stuff done

Ghost

[b][color=orange]ツ[/color][color=teal][i]In the Ma
    Years
  • This is pretty good
    But the only thing you need to fix is the starters and how they evolve
    You should think of starters that are not legendary
    And kabuto isnt a good starter for the beggning (his moveset,unless you change it)
    EDIT :Since your new,Ill support this hack

EDIT 2 : ghost1 -you mean that this hack had cussing in it,I lost my support for this hack

Last edited:

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
  • Hackers do support each other.. but we won't be supporting you if we lie to you and tell you "Looks great! Keep it up! Can't wait to play this!"

We're trying to help you by telling you what you're doing wrong.
    I may have sounded mean, but I wasn't trying to be.

I was a noob myself, and I'm still a noob in scripting, but I'm taking my time to learn, you should do the same.

Good luck :)

mistersmeargle

is a scatman.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2017
    As before, there's been better mapping and over-flowering a town is never a good idea.

If you really want to be different with the starters there are other type-triangles other than the traditional Grass-Water-Fire, there are also Grass-Poison-Ground, Rock-Steel-Fire, Fighting-Flying-Rock and although it is a tad unfair a triangle and not generally included in the triangles, Dark-Psychic-Fighting does sometimes work.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2009
    I'd suggest practicing with this one, then start off again from a complete clean rom.
    You've got tiles used unproperly... and a huge ammount of flowers on a town doesn't look good XD
    The sprites look a little messy, you should put a little more effort.
    The starters aren't a good combo either.
    You shouldn't put Mew as a starter. Kabuto is alright though, the others just don't fit. You could put something like Kabuto and Omanyte as starters, and some other small fossil Pokemon.
    The best thing you can do with this "hack" is practice.

Oh, and be sure to read those mapping tutorials ;) I saw one and it was great.
    I didn't need to learn to map, I was bored and I just decided to check it and see if there wasn't something more interesting in the thread, and there was..... It made me laugh lol

Back