• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Ruby Destiny Series

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    So, I haven't really updated in a while. That's because I didn't have a PC to use back home for hacking. :/ But I recently bought myself a new computer as a Christmas gift to myself, and I am now slowly getting back into the swing of things. Which is mapping, and mapping is still too freaking boring. >.>
    Ahem, well, anyway, here are some screenies for you guys!

2ex78yv.jpg
    pt740.jpg

33f3x2u.jpg

Somehow the UPS patcher keeps saying invalid checksum when trying to patch RoL, RR, LoG. When I patch BT it just works fine but the other 3 just won't work. Tryed 5 different Ruby roms some not certain if its 1.1 but the ones that where 1.0 didn't work either.

Even the Ruby rom I used to patch RoL, RR, LoG when it first came out didn't work.

Any suggestions? or do u know how to fix it? Maby the ups files of RR, LoG, RoL are corrupted with checksum?

Hm... I'll try and make a new patch for those three hacks of mine with a new Ruby ROM as a base and hopefully, those will work. :/

I finished Reign of Legends now just have to pick the next one to play.....
    Really i got such a long list of hacks i gotta play idk where my time for it is :)

Just play the games you feel like playing. I've heard that Rescue Rangers is a frustrating game to play. I really do not know what I was thinking when I was still making that game. >.>

also, do i have to put all three patches onto the Rom for Reign of Legends or just the most recent one.

Just the most recent one.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • So, I haven't really updated in a while. That's because I didn't have a PC to use back home for hacking. :/ But I recently bought myself a new computer as a Christmas gift to myself, and I am now slowly getting back into the swing of things. Which is mapping, and mapping is still too freaking boring. >.>
    Ahem, well, anyway, here are some screenies for you guys!

2ex78yv.jpg
    pt740.jpg

33f3x2u.jpg

Hm... I'll try and make a new patch for those three hacks of mine with a new Ruby ROM as a base and hopefully, those will work. :/

Just play the games you feel like playing. I've heard that Rescue Rangers is a frustrating game to play. I really do not know what I was thinking when I was still making that game. >.>

Just the most recent one.

Im actually just finishing up Legends of guardians :3
    Pretty great game!

Mellan

Pokémon Chion Developer
    Years
  • Hey, great hack! I want to start to play this cool hack saga, from which one should I start? Are they linked each others?

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Hey, great hack! I want to start to play this cool hack saga, from which one should I start? Are they linked each others?

As has been mentioned the order is Rescue Rangers (can be frustrating, but has a lot of key story peices that make the rest of the games actually make sense), Reign of legends (the oldest though jagold went back and cleaned it up a little the random roof in the trees is gone at least as well as some smallers things), Life of Guardians (so far the hardest game), and then Broken Timelines (which is as you can see still a work in progress).

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    You are aware that I've added the broken Physical/Special split in Broken Timeline. I added it, thinking that the bugs were really not that game-breaking or problematic, however, they seem to be very problematic, as what was reported to me by someone via PM. :/

Since I don't have knowledge in ASM hacking, I want to ask you guys if the P/S split should be removed from BT, or not. :/

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2015
    My Opinion would be: Remove P/S split for a cleaner progress. Happy new Year! :D

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2017
    First of all I want to say that I really enjoyed RoL and RR.

I just went and downloaded LoG and the new game, BT. I also re-downloaded RoL and RR, for the updated sprites and such.

However, when I went to patch them, I stumbled on an annoying problem. BT is the only game that wanted to patch. The other three fail to with the patch tool giving me 'Failed! Input checksum is invalid.'

I am using the v1.0 Ruby ROM.

Years
  • First of all I want to say that I really enjoyed RoL and RR.

I just went and downloaded LoG and the new game, BT. I also re-downloaded RoL and RR, for the updated sprites and such.

However, when I went to patch them, I stumbled on an annoying problem. BT is the only game that wanted to patch. The other three fail to with the patch tool giving me 'Failed! Input checksum is invalid.'

I am using the v1.0 Ruby ROM.
    Alright Lance, first of all if you don't already have it go get NUPS. Here's the link: http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/606/
    Now after you get that here's the steps to patch the rom:

1. Open up NUPS
    2. Click "Apply an UPS patch to a file
    3. Pick the patch and the UPS patch
    4. Go over to the section that says "If file is invalid..." and switch it from abort to ignore.
    5. Click "Patch"

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2017
    Alright Lance, first of all if you don't already have it go get NUPS. Here's the link: http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/606/
    Now after you get that here's the steps to patch the rom:

1. Open up NUPS
    2. Click "Apply an UPS patch to a file
    3. Pick the patch and the UPS patch
    4. Go over to the section that says "If file is invalid..." and switch it from abort to ignore.
    5. Click "Patch"

Thanks. That worked :)

Won't the games experience any problems because of this? Surely there must be a reason why it refuses to patch the normal way... ?

Years
  • Thanks. That worked :)

Won't the games experience any problems because of this? Surely there must be a reason why it refuses to patch the normal way... ?
    Oh no it won't experience any problems. I don't really know why it won't patch the normal way, but it might be because old data is being overwritten with new data, but whatever the case I wouldn't worry about it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2017
    You are aware that I've added the broken Physical/Special split in Broken Timeline. I added it, thinking that the bugs were really not that game-breaking or problematic, however, they seem to be very problematic, as what was reported to me by someone via PM. :/

Since I don't have knowledge in ASM hacking, I want to ask you guys if the P/S split should be removed from BT, or not. :/

I wouldn't do it, considering P/S split is really crucial in terms of gameplay as it cripples a lot of Pokemon without it. However, if the split causes errors to the implementation then unfortunately I would consider not implementing it only after trying everything possible to fix it (lol im sorry but I find it very difficult to enjoy rom hacks now without the P/S split.)

Years
  • You are aware that I've added the broken Physical/Special split in Broken Timeline. I added it, thinking that the bugs were really not that game-breaking or problematic, however, they seem to be very problematic, as what was reported to me by someone via PM. :/

If it's problematic, I say you should remove it. Since, you know, its problematic xD

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Mapping is veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery boring. -,-
    Anyway...

Vulcan Town | North of Vulcan Town
    34ou0et.jpg
    2aj8al2.jpg

I also finished mapping the west route of Vulcan Town, but I forgot to take a screenie. But meh, it's not like there are any major difference of my routes lately. :/

Also, I've uploaded new patches for the updated RD games. Hopefully, these files will now patch on Ruby ROMs. :/
    Note that I didn't have the most updated version of RoL for some strange reason, so the region map may not be updated. :/ I'll create a more updated RoL patch soonish.

RoL | RR | LoG

33f3x2u.jpg

My support thingy. keep up the awesome work! :D

PdaKur.png

Chaomega's in a Pokéball... Is that because of the Prologue where you're using Chao to fend off wild Pokémon? xD
    Anyway, I love it. Thanks!

What exactly is problematic about it?

Well, the abilities Blaze, Overgrow and Torrent won't work, as well as Swarm if I remember correctly. Weather won't be boosting moves as well. Hidden Power and Weather Ball won't be working properly.

I originally wanted to change the 'mons whose abilities are affected (Charizard would have Intimidate instead of Blaze, for example), but I'm really not sure if that would be a good idea. :/

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
    Years
  • Ja Gold, I already told you I am a big fan of yours, OFC YOU DONT!! I TOLD YOU YEAAAARRRSS AGGOO!
    Thanks for this well made Thread, I already played them all :/, I am jalous of the person whom never played those!

WAITING SOME KICKASS NEW HACK!

ZapdosMan

The Principality
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2016
    I can't wait to play the complete version of Broken timeline.

Also if you need help, I volunteer to help you in your hack, I have experience of hacking.

ZapdosMan

Back