• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Ruby Destiny Series

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years

• Well, the abilities Blaze, Overgrow and Torrent won't work, as well as Swarm if I remember correctly. Weather won't be boosting moves as well. Hidden Power and Weather Ball won't be working properly.

I originally wanted to change the 'mons whose abilities are affected (Charizard would have Intimidate instead of Blaze, for example), but I'm really not sure if that would be a good idea. :/

Is this a common issue with every hack that has the split?

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    keep your awesome work, i want to be your beta tester.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    About the P/S Split... I asked the same question on my facebook fanpage, and the majority of the replies there wanted me to keep the P/S split. So I'm going to keep it. This also means that I'm going to change a few 'mons abilities, but only those who are affected by the bug the P/S Split caused.
    Also, since the weather isn't boosting the attacks, I'm probably going to remove the weather system of Broken Timeline. :/

Anyway~

keep your awesome work, i want to be your beta tester.

Beta 2 won't be out for a while. When it's ready, I'm going to be PM'ing a few members of the community if they're willing to beta test for me, just like last time with beta 1. ^^

Is this a common issue with every hack that has the split?

As far as I know, the P/S split is available for FireRed, Emerald, and Ruby. Unfortunately, Ruby has no fix since, well, I believe everyone already knows that Ruby is obsolete now and Emerald is far better. :P

I can't wait to play the complete version of Broken timeline.

Also if you need help, I volunteer to help you in your hack, I have experience of hacking.

ZapdosMan

I always welcome help with maps though, since I'm freaking lazy with mapping. xD
    PM me some of your map examples.

Ja Gold, I already told you I am a big fan of yours, OFC YOU DONT!! I TOLD YOU YEAAAARRRSS AGGOO!
    Thanks for this well made Thread, I already played them all :/, I am jalous of the person whom never played those!

WAITING SOME KICKASS NEW HACK!

Those who never played my game are lucky to still have their sanity. I heard that whoever plays my games loses their sanity at Rescue Rangers. :P

Id love the special and physical split if it wont cause any problems

I'm keeping it. ^^

Reactions: Del

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    You're removing weather? Does that mean Castform, Groudon, and Kyogre will be removed too?

Years
  • Beta 2 won't be out for a while. When it's ready, I'm going to be PM'ing a few members of the community if they're willing to beta test for me, just like last time with beta 1. ^^

Those who never played my game are lucky to still have their sanity. I heard that whoever plays my games loses their sanity at Rescue Rangers. :P

Please include me as a beta tester, too!! ^^
    And, btw, I still have nightmares about Rescue Rangers xD

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    You're removing weather? Does that mean Castform, Groudon, and Kyogre will be removed too?

Erm... I said that I was going to remove the weather system of my hack. By that, I meant the random weather changes as you move from one map to the next one. :3 I decided to just give one map one weather (if I wouldn't be too lazy to do so).
    So no, I'm not going to remove those three 'mons that you've mentioned. :3

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2016
    Erm... I said that I was going to remove the weather system of my hack. By that, I meant the random weather changes as you move from one map to the next one. :3 I decided to just give one map one weather (if I wouldn't be too lazy to do so).
    Speaking of the weather system, was it there because of story reason?
    I assume that the weather moves are still available right? Weathers still give benefits other than power boost.
    Also, Castform, Groudon, and Kyogre confirmed? :shocked:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Erm... I said that I was going to remove the weather system of my hack. By that, I meant the random weather changes as you move from one map to the next one. :3 I decided to just give one map one weather (if I wouldn't be too lazy to do so).
    Oh, no more map-map moves to get to sunny weather? Damn, I'm gonna miss that =D

Good thing I never had any sanity to begin with xD

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Progress is still really slow... Because mapping is still somewhat boring to do. :/
    But at least I'm almost done mapping all of the maps that I need in the Crest region.

Anyway, here are some maps of the Hevah region.

acv6ky.jpg
    29q1jle.jpg

Speaking of the weather system, was it there because of story reason?
    I assume that the weather moves are still available right? Weathers still give benefits other than power boost.
    Also, Castform, Groudon, and Kyogre confirmed? :shocked:

The weather system was added only as a new feature. There's nothing special about it though. :P
    Weather moves might be unavailable in the game since it's broken because of the P/S split. :/
    As for those three PKMN. Yeah, I think they'll be in the game. Castform is sure to have no special story (maybe), but I'm uncertain about Kyogre and Groudon.

Years
  • dude if you actualy do this, (see second PM), then thats the only hack im gonna play, even so a very good work and looking forward to be finished... oh and one more thing, i love your lazyness, it makes this hack better :D

Years
  • Just finished Life of Guardians... (I assume the "Ruby Destiny" event at the tower of fate is the finale, right?)
    And that final battle... Man, that was the hardest battle I ever played, that battle is great example of a hard battle, WITHOUT DOUBLE TEAM. On the other hand, Champion Joseph's battle was simple Double team spamming. Which brings me to my point: more battles like the former example instead of ones like the later example will make the game much better. :D

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2019
    "The typing system was supposed to have been changed to 6 elements: Red and Blue, Green and Yellow, and White and Black. The game was actually changed to fit this idea, where each Pokémon only has one Element (new name for Type), and was in the ROM for three or so months. The idea was scrapped due to a possible hoard of confusion posts I'm gonna receive. >.>"

Good thing that you didn't, because it would suck worse than an original regular pokemon game, otherwise. Duh. Also this is not magic the gathering lmao.

Years
  • Well, i just started to play your new game and first thing I noticed is that 2 out of 3 wild pokemon are holding oran berry, which is kinda annoying, especially when I play with no speed-up. I don´t know if that only happens in Johto region (it's where I started), but I really don't like it.

My question is: Is it intended to be this way or do I just have a bad luck?

Anyway, I'm happy to see another part of Ruby Destiny series because I really enjoyed playing previous games and hope that this little thing I described won't affect my feelings about this new one. The option to choose starting region is fresh thing, which was never used before and really good idea.

P.S. - sorry if I used non-exsistent words, my English level decreased after I started playing LoL xD

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2022
    Hi, im new to this site, but, i have a question for destinedjagold. When i was going to Lustersand, i met one of the rivals....the one that says hes always going easy on me, and when i went to battle him, the screen moved to lustersand city, and my person stayed on the route. then, after battling him, i wasnt able to move....my person was not on the screen. but if i did hit the arrows to move, you could hear the sound that the game makes when you can't go somehwere, like up a cliff. Im stuck. So what do I do?????????!!!!!!!!????!!?

destinedjagold

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Hi, im new to this site, but, i have a question for destinedjagold. When i was going to Lustersand, i met one of the rivals....the one that says hes always going easy on me, and when i went to battle him, the screen moved to lustersand city, and my person stayed on the route. then, after battling him, i wasnt able to move....my person was not on the screen. but if i did hit the arrows to move, you could hear the sound that the game makes when you can't go somehwere, like up a cliff. Im stuck. So what do I do?????????!!!!!!!!????!!?

Are you playing the latest available version?

Well, i just started to play your new game and first thing I noticed is that 2 out of 3 wild pokemon are holding oran berry, which is kinda annoying, especially when I play with no speed-up. I don´t know if that only happens in Johto region (it's where I started), but I really don't like it.

My question is: Is it intended to be this way or do I just have a bad luck?

I'd call it bad luck if each wild you encountered were carrying Sitrus instead of Orans. xD But yeah, it's an intended "feature." >.>

Back