• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Ruby Destiny Series

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2016
any progress update DJG.take ur time and release long beta.will this be hard as rest of the series.make it super hard

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I'll just leave this here.

I ain't good with graphics, so stop laughing at my whirlpool already! >:/

/runs away

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 6, 2019
I'll just leave this here.

I ain't good with graphics, so stop laughing at my whirlpool already! >:/

/runs away
Ok jagold sorry but I have to say this. The whirlpool looks decent, but why would you put the x/y trainer battle music as the background music? It feels really awkward and doesn't fit in with the concept of island music. There's whirl island music from hgss, why didn't you use that?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Ok jagold sorry but I have to say this. The whirlpool looks decent, but why would you put the x/y trainer battle music as the background music? It feels really awkward and doesn't fit in with the concept of island music. There's whirl island music from hgss, why didn't you use that?

the music was just for testing purposes because that's where I last saved. :P
that's not the area's background music! xD
i may be crazy, but i'm not THAT crazy...yet. :P

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
To be honest, the whirlpool looks a bit funny and cute. But it's fine, if you can improve it then do so. Everything's fine :) Keep it up!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 24, 2014
Sapphire destiny is like the yang to the yin in other words its the opposite of the ruby destiny Chiefjeef lol

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 24, 2014
Can we expect a beta at around may/june or are we going to have to wait and see

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 26, 2016
Hey, speaking of the music, will music from Kingdom Hearts make a return? The first time I heard it, I nearly jumped for joy, so I'd love for that to continue on (even if it only plays in some special encounter/callback to the third game once).

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Hey, speaking of the music, will music from Kingdom Hearts make a return? The first time I heard it, I nearly jumped for joy, so I'd love for that to continue on (even if it only plays in some special encounter/callback to the third game once).

Good idea, also the Chrono cross soundtrack when traveling in the worldmap! :D

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 6, 2019
I actually disagree. Copying music from kingdom hearts like last time doesn't seem like a good choice to me. There's a reason the music from kingdom hearts was used in kingdom hearts instead of pokemon. Same thing with sariah's song. That just bugged me when I was playing LoG. The kingdom hearts series, the zelda series, and the pokemon series are different, and the music should reflect that. I'm fine with hints of music from other games being in the songs, but the music should feel like pokemon music. That's how I see it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 26, 2016
I actually disagree. Copying music from kingdom hearts like last time doesn't seem like a good choice to me. There's a reason the music from kingdom hearts was used in kingdom hearts instead of pokemon. Same thing with sariah's song. That just bugged me when I was playing LoG. The kingdom hearts series, the zelda series, and the pokemon series are different, and the music should reflect that. I'm fine with hints of music from other games being in the songs, but the music should feel like pokemon music. That's how I see it.

I see what you mean, and with almost any other hack, I would agree to some degree. However, I feel that the Kingdom Hearts music honestly fit the epic story of the game better than the usually happy lighthearted Pokemon music did. I don't really associate pokemon music with dramatic plot twists and an epic battle to save the world.

Mind you, I also do love the pokemon music, especially the battle music of Colress and Cynthia. But part of the charm of a Hack is that things that Pokemon can't do, like have a story that involves death and have music from another series, can be done. That's my 2 cents, anyway. I do agree that it might be better to limit the use of the music do to it being associated with LoG, thus why it might be good for some special event relating to the 3rd game.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 6, 2019
I see what you mean, and with almost any other hack, I would agree to some degree. However, I feel that the Kingdom Hearts music honestly fit the epic story of the game better than the usually happy lighthearted Pokemon music did. I don't really associate pokemon music with dramatic plot twists and an epic battle to save the world.

Mind you, I also do love the pokemon music, especially the battle music of Colress and Cynthia. But part of the charm of a Hack is that things that Pokemon can't do, like have a story that involves death and have music from another series, can be done. That's my 2 cents, anyway. I do agree that it might be better to limit the use of the music do to it being associated with LoG, thus why it might be good for some special event relating to the 3rd game.
I understand where you're coming from, believe me, and I do appreciate the fact that you gave a sensible answer to this, instead of criticizing me for being a troll. If what you said is the case though, then I think it'd be better for Jagold to hire a music composer from this community and make epic sounding music, instead of copying music. Sure, the end result may not be as epic, but i'd give points for having originality. I think that's the true beauty of rom hacking: that you can create your own game, inspired by a genre, with your own characters, music and graphics. I've seen epic music composers in this community too, so I doubt that Jagold wouldn't be able to hire a composer who could create an original piece as epic as any Kingdom Heart piece made by Nintendo. If Jagold wants epic, he should hire somebody from this community to make an original piece instead of using music from other games and genres. That's just my view on this, and you and Jagold are welcome to agree or disagree.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 26, 2016
I understand where you're coming from, believe me, and I do appreciate the fact that you gave a sensible answer to this, instead of criticizing me for being a troll. If what you said is the case though, then I think it'd be better for Jagold to hire a music composer from this community and make epic sounding music, instead of copying music. Sure, the end result may not be as epic, but i'd give points for having originality. I think that's the true beauty of rom hacking: that you can create your own game, inspired by a genre, with your own characters, music and graphics. I've seen epic music composers in this community too, so I doubt that Jagold wouldn't be able to hire a composer who could create an original piece as epic as any Kingdom Heart piece made by Nintendo. If Jagold wants epic, he should hire somebody from this community to make an original piece instead of using music from other games and genres. That's just my view on this, and you and Jagold are welcome to agree or disagree.

I definitly would love some awesome original music, like Reborn did with Glitchxcity. That would be sweet! Still like the idea of a cameo of the KH song from LoG though. I'm just glad I'm actually able to have a civil conversation! On the INTERNET! Madness...

Back