• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Ruby Version - Special Pikachu Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022

Hack of Ruby

This is basically a Yellow/Special Pikachu Edition for the third generation. I realized after seeing all these Yellow remake hacks that Nintendo should've made a SP edition for each generation. I used Ruby instead of Gold(which would make more sense, because it's the generation after RBGY, like we all know), but realized Gold doesn't have as much tools out there or is as accessible as the games on GBA, so I decided to use Ruby because of that, and also because all my other hacks are of Fire Red and I want to get into hacking RSE more.

- FR/LG hero overworlds, recolored with Yellow clothes and white bags
    - Snow tiles (thanks to the Snow Patch by Green Charizard from PHO), and snowy weather
    - Get Pikachu as a starter, Skitty is May's starter
    - All Hoenn starters obtainable, maybe all starters from generations 1-3, if I decide I should add them. Either availible by being given to you, or in the wild
    - Instead of saving Professor Birch from the Poocheyena, you save May, with a pikachu as your only choice and get it, then basic storyline again(The storyline will have a few changes, like yellow
    - Maybe backpikachu OWs at some point
    - Changed route and city layouts
    - Maybe adding a storyline to go with the Space Center in Mosdeep...

Creator
    - someperson2008

Mapping
    - someperson2008

Scripting
    None yet.

Sprite Making/Inserting
    None yet.

Banners
    - someperson2008
    - ~KitsUnE

balladofwindfishes - Some yellow recolors I'm using, that I got from a sprite sheet

- Screenshots
    Spoiler:

- Videos
    Spoiler:

- Banners/Userbars
    More to come!!

Spoiler:

Sorry about no updates lately. Right now is a time I'm doing some planning in and doing work on my other hacks, so expect updates and a release after that(sometime soon!)

None yet.

Last edited:

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • I made you a support banner:

I believe this hack can go far! If you need anything, let me know.

I have one question: What if you choose the girl?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    elow.
    this hack really sounds cool.
    hope you can finish it. :)

best of luck~

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    I made you a support banner:

I believe this hack can go far! If you need anything, let me know.

I have one question: What if you choose the girl?

Wow, lol I made a few banners just like that earlier but screwed up on them. One of them is at the top of the thread now. And btw, to every1 that didn't scroll up when you went to the last unread post, I updated the thread so It's more organized, put your banner on, and new screenies, banners, and maybe a video will be up soon!

I thought about that actually lol. It would still be the May sprite, I would imagine(because I changed it to THAT one), when you battle the Poocheyena, and the sprite would be different in the lab and in later events in the game. You would probably choose a skitty as a starter and have brendon with a pikachu or smth. Idk yet. And I haven't recolored the FR female sprite yet so I can't insert it yet. Your best bet is to not play as her lol. Bc I aimed this at pikachu and if you got skitty, it would make the game worthless...

Looks cool. Good luck on it.

elow.
    this hack really sounds cool.
    hope you can finish it. :)

best of luck~

Thanks, both of you, for the good feedback!

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    This does look nice. :)

1 thing:
    When choosing your Pokémon, delete the bag script that takes you into a 3 starter choice pick. Replace it with a PokéBall that says: "Would you like to take the Pikachu?"
    If yes: You go into battle.
    If no: Just click it again to say yes, because you won't be able to go anywhere! xD

Anyways, Good Luck~

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Heres a little advice:
    Don't released 100 little updates, release one huge one.
    Good luck with this hack.
    Okay lol thanks? ig

This does look nice. :)

1 thing:
    When choosing your Pokémon, delete the bag script that takes you into a 3 starter choice pick. Replace it with a PokéBall that says: "Would you like to take the Pikachu?"
    If no: Just click it again to say yes, because you won't be able to go anywhere! xD

Anyways, Good Luck~
    Yeah, I thought of that but I'm just starting to learn how to script right now so it'll have to wait for now.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2020
    For those screenshots..are you using pokemon frosty palletes or are thos the ones you created?

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    For those screenshots..are you using pokemon frosty palletes or are thos the ones you created?
    i didn't create them, they're from a rombase. I think i got it from PHO idr from the top of my head right now.More than one person are going to end up using the same rombase at one point...

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Just so everyone knows, I don't plan for this to be a long-term hack, seeing as only some basic changes will be needed. I'm not doing much work on my hacks today because I want to take a break from them for a day. Just saying.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Like the pikachu..can you choose any of the other starters?
    it wouldn't be special pikachu edition if you could, would it? lol no you can't. Once I get some basic scripting down and get inserting it totally, I'll just add a pokeball or smth. Or keep the bag, and have if just ask if you want a pikachu that was in a pokeball, in the bag, or smth.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Just an update, work slowed a bit on this, but it's a short hack to do, so no worries.

PokeProphet

Pokemon Prophet
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Apr 20, 2010
    the pikachu backsprite is a must do, it was a key feature that appealed to so many people when they pokemon yellow version came out, its mainly the only reason most people bought it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Just an update...

I've been adding Johto to the game just on the side, with a copy of the hack so far, so see how it turns out. Yes, some of you might post and say a ruby rom doesn't have enough room for johto, but I'm trying something out using just a header or two. So, look out for screenies of what I've got done so far. If I successfully add it, side events in Johto will happen, and you'll meet up with "others". I'll get more into that later.

Brushfire

afc bournemouth <3
    Years
  • This does look nice. :)

1 thing:

Anyways, Good Luck~

Was just about to say that. ;)
    Anyway, seems interesting. I'm glad that you're changing the cities/routes, otherwise I'd find it boring.
    I'll be watching this. :)

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years
  • are you going to add day and night because a d/n tool should be comming out "soon" and it works for r/s/e (although if you are using emerald you have bigger problems than day and night, such as space although the .ups patching is out and allows more data to be patched, but currently isn't allowed oin this site...yet....

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    are you going to add day and night because a d/n tool should be comming out "soon" and it works for r/s/e (although if you are using emerald you have bigger problems than day and night, such as space although the .ups patching is out and allows more data to be patched, but currently isn't allowed oin this site...yet....
    well, maybe with a tool, but I'm not even at a basic scripting level yet so that would come later.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back