• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: SacredFire

Status
Not open for further replies.

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Thanks. ^_^

Updates!:
    2 screens of Rebel Cave, the first cave of the game.
    Pokémon: SacredFire
    Hehe, I hate to drag up an old post, but I have issues with these maps... If you look at it, it seems that you have placed cave entrances on the second level of those cliffs, see what I'm talking about? Also, in the second screenshot, the branch of cliff there just looks too awkward and thin... it's not really believable (but then again, this is Pokemon, so realism is basically thrown out the window anyway :)).
    On a lighter note, the plotline is intriguing, and the hack itself sounds great. Keep up the good work!

SharpPoint

Suicune used Surf!
    Years
  • Hehe, I hate to drag up an old post, but I have issues with these maps... If you look at it, it seems that you have placed cave entrances on the second level of those cliffs, see what I'm talking about? Also, in the second screenshot, the branch of cliff there just looks too awkward and thin... it's not really believable (but then again, this is Pokemon, so realism is basically thrown out the window anyway :)).
    On a lighter note, the plotline is intriguing, and the hack itself sounds great. Keep up the good work!

Yeah I see what you mean. I'll fix both screens before it's released.

Ahh... feedback is great. :)

SharpPoint

Suicune used Surf!
    Years
  • Mega-Huge* Updates!:
    I uploaded 8, yes 8 new videos to YouTube! This is bigger than when people started putting cheese on bread! Since I'm bored, I'll show them here in separate spoilers. Enjoy?

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Oh and a screen. (Purposely puts one single screen here knowing it will be clearly ignored in the presence of 8 videos. Poor screen won't get any attention.):

*Credits to DiegoIsAwesome for the "Mega-Huge". XD

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Nice. Shouldn't it be "a pair of NIKES"? I'm really looking forward to seeing the Cellphone in effect. Will it be like in Marble where the calls are just scripted events? Also, the scripts would look better if you used \n and \p in alternating succession, instead of \l, \l, \l, ect. like XSE does. Anyways, everything looks good. Keep up the good work, and I can't wait to play it. ^^

EDIT: Oh and when Zenith says "the people of Wreck Rock Town needs me" should be "the people of Wreck Rock Town need me" Also, when you get the TM Case, shouldn't it be on the ground not the floor?

SharpPoint

Suicune used Surf!
    Years
  • Nice. Shouldn't it be "a pair of NIKES"? I'm really looking forward to seeing the Cellphone in effect. Will it be like in Marble where the calls are just scripted events? Also, the scripts would look better if you used \n and \p in alternating succession, instead of \l, \l, \l, ect. like XSE does. Anyways, everything looks good. Keep up the good work, and I can't wait to play it. ^^

EDIT: Oh and when Zenith says "the people of Wreck Rock Town needs me" should be "the people of Wreck Rock Town need me" Also, when you get the TM Case, shouldn't it be on the ground not the floor?

Stop poking fun at my grammar. D:

jkjk. I'll have that fixed as well. Oh and I hope you know, you can download Beta 1.0 which is about 80% of the entire game. The other 20% is on Beta 2.0 which is under development. I'll try to keep you guys updated.

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Stop poking fun at my grammar. D:

jkjk. I'll have that fixed as well. Oh and I hope you know, you can download Beta 1.0 which is about 80% of the entire game. The other 20% is on Beta 2.0 which is under development. I'll try to keep you guys updated.
    ...THERE'S A DOWNLOAD!?
    Okay, downloading now.
    Erm, by the way, how exactly will Ho-oh fit into the plot?

SharpPoint

Suicune used Surf!
    Years
  • ...THERE'S A DOWNLOAD!?
    Okay, downloading now.
    Erm, by the way, how exactly will Ho-oh fit into the plot?

That, my friend, is a secret revealed in the next release. ^-^

Are you sure it's 80% of the Entire Hack?
    Then, the game will be pretty short...

Whoops, I meant to say, the 'entire hack so far'. Meaning, if I were to stop hacking right now, 80% would be on the first beta and 20% were be on the second beta. Lol, I'm horribly at phrasing words. D:

nice hack best of luck

i suport this hack

Thanks. :)

Oh snap, in your sig, it looks like Suicune is standing on Elite Version's banner. :D
    `````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Minor Update:
    Some of you may have not realized, but Score is based on Score_Under of PokeCommunity. [Of course, his personality doesn't match the one in the game.]

A new character is going to make his presence and will be based on another person here at PC. I'm thinking of adding a third person from PC, but I'm not sure who. If I need another person, I'll go hunting for someone. ^_^

Profile of Score_under, creator of PKSV: https://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=15354

SharpPoint

Suicune used Surf!
    Years
  • Update!:
    I finally stopped procrastinating and finished that cave. =(

Mapping caves was never one of my strong points. I hope you guys will like it once I release it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2010
    awesome stuff im still new here and all but ill definetly be looking foward to the 2.o beta

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Very nice, the cave is looking great from what I can see!
    I think I'm going to wait for the 2.0 beta to start playing, I probably won't have time before then anyway, and I should really be getting some work done on my own hack instead of just trolling everyone else's.
    Btw, will there be any cameos by major characters from other Pokemon games/anime? I mean like Lance, Ash, etcetera.
    Anyway, nice, nice job. Keep it up!

SharpPoint

Suicune used Surf!
    Years
  • awesome stuff im still new here and all but ill definetly be looking foward to the 2.o beta

Cool. Since, you're new, good luck with your future as a ROM hacker. (If that's what you choose to do.)

Very nice, the cave is looking great from what I can see!
    I think I'm going to wait for the 2.0 beta to start playing, I probably won't have time before then anyway, and I should really be getting some work done on my own hack instead of just trolling everyone else's.
    Btw, will there be any cameos by major characters from other Pokemon games/anime? I mean like Lance, Ash, etcetera.
    Anyway, nice, nice job. Keep it up!

Yeah, I went over and fixed all the spots that looked weird/strange. And lol, it can be hard sometimes to hack due to no motivation. I like to procrastinate a lot.

I might add people like Ash into the game, but I'll have to figure out how they'll fit into the story.

Thanks for the suggestions you've given me. ^_^

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Cool. Since, you're new, good luck with your future as a ROM hacker. (If that's what you choose to do.)

Yeah, I went over and fixed all the spots that looked weird/strange. And lol, it can be hard sometimes to hack due to no motivation. I like to procrastinate a lot.

I might add people like Ash into the game, but I'll have to figure out how they'll fit into the story.

Thanks for the suggestions you've given me. ^_^
    Any time, I love giving other people work to do!
    By the way, I can do some mapping for you if you want, I have no problems with doing caves. If you need examples of my work, I've posted a few in my hack thread (bottom banner in my sig). I've also done some mapping for Toxic Purple to help Ckret out, so I have some experience aside from my own attempts.

SharpPoint

Suicune used Surf!
    Years
  • Any time, I love giving other people work to do!
    By the way, I can do some mapping for you if you want, I have no problems with doing caves. If you need examples of my work, I've posted a few in my hack thread (bottom banner in my sig). I've also done some mapping for Toxic Purple to help Ckret out, so I have some experience aside from my own attempts.

Lol, giving other people work to do does sound fun. XD

I'll have to pass the offer to map for two reasons. One, I'd like to create this hack by myself. Nothing personal, just I feel I get better progress if I make the maps myself.

The other reason is, my maps are based on a world map I made in paint. You might make a map end going up, while in the world map, it's suppose to end going down.

Thanks for the offer though. :P I saw the screens, and I must say you're making good progress with the hack. You should continue your streak. Usually, when I stop, it's hard to get back into it. D:

trebornosliw

Learning
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    I know what you mean :(
    I've got this psychotic map-connection glitch that's messing up my progress.
    Anyway, I can understand wanting to do the maps on your own. I can also script if you want, though I'm not exactly on par with Cooley or TSK.
    By the way, ..., never mind, you'd say it's a secret if I asked ;).
    Okay, different comment. Instead of getting Charmander for the GemEx thing, wouldn't it be better to give the player a choice of Kanto starters? Or are you going to make Squirtle and Bulbasaur obtainable in the wild?

EDIT: YES! Post #100!
    Epic win.
    Sorry mrhaxmaster.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back