• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Saga - Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Regarding the White Rock... It could have just been an error on Nintendo's part. Think- there's a white rock in Hoenn. And I know how dumb it sounds to type the wrong name, but it's happened before. In Emerald, when you're about to battle Steven in Meteor Falls, he mentions the Sootopolis Space Centre, which is wrong, obviously.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Regarding the White Rock... It could have just been an error on Nintendo's part. Think- there's a white rock in Hoenn. And I know how dumb it sounds to type the wrong name, but it's happened before. In Emerald, when you're about to battle Steven in Meteor Falls, he mentions the Sootopolis Space Centre, which is wrong, obviously.
Let me explain something:

Pokemon ShadowAmethyst is part of a series of 4 different hacks, called "The Pokemon Saga". Each game takes place in a different region, Kanto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Johto. I wanted an epic Pokemon story, and it was originally going to be four fanfics. But then I thought about Rom hacking, and playing a game beats writing any day. The hacks will be called Pokemon ShadowAmethyst, Pokemon Emerald, Pokemon HeartGold, and Pokemon Platinum.

Since I want all the stories to "connect" with each other, I have to work with whatever error GameFreak & Nintendo makes, since I have no idea how to text hack 4th Gen games, and who knows, maybe they forgot to put in the white rock rather than mention the wrong region name.

Ya... after I'm done with ShadowAmethyst, I'll be doing a very minor hack on Emerald, all I'm going to do is update Gym Leader teams and such, the same with Platinum. For HeartGold, I'm going to update all Gym Leader and Elite 4 teams, and modify the Johto Dex to include 210 Johto Pokemon and all related evolutions (and a select few Kanto Pokemon).

So basically, since I don't know how to hack the text in 4th Gen games (nor do I plan on it), I'm going to work with whatever GameFreak said in Pt/HG/SS. Now I hope somebody makes a Trainer Editor for HG/SS.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I'm sure you could just use a D/P one. It might work?
Actually, I found out something that I think might work. I'll find out sometime after March 14 2010 though XD. I also managed to edit the Sinnoh Pokedex order in a Platinum rom using a hex editor! I wish it was that easy on Emerald ;_;...

Here's some more proof that I'm still working on this:
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/3705/grasstiles.png

As you can see, I've inserted some sexy new grass tiles. I know I still haven't changed the tree, but tbh I want to keep it that size. This is MY hack, after all. Also if you spot the berry tree, this means that I'm going to end up using RTC in this game after all. I'm going to buy a new Slot 2 flashcart for my DS that supports RTC, since EZFlash 3in1 doesn't, sadly.

But for now I refuse to use all the recent day/night tools that popped up, simply because the palettes they use are UGLY, and I'm not sure if the tool inserts a new clock for R/S/E (which it does for FR/LG), or if it uses the default R/S/E clock. I'd much rather have it use the default R/S/E clock, since this hack is NOT designed to be used on a computer, and the RTC that the tool inserts into FR/LG uses the Windows clock, which obviously doesn't exist on a Nintendo DS.

This hack is meant to be played on a Nintendo DS utilizing certain stuff that I have :P. If you know what an AceKard and EZFlash 3in1 is, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about XD.

EDIT: If someone can take a CLEAR screenshot of any vertical guardhouse's interior in HG/SS, that would be really helpful.

Years
I don't like Fire red. But Emerald is best. I think you should made a hack of Jhoto. Because there are few hack of Jhoto and many people want to play it. So you should try. You can Replace Pokènav for Pokègere.

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
Years
at darkerm:

i think its too much late to change^^
anyway i dont know why it should be changed.......

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Oh, you inserted the HGSS grass tiles. Nice. Did you manage to edit the animations, too?
Nah. I don't know what it looks like. But I'll probably do it some time after March 14th. I refuse to download DS roms without owning the actual game, IMO it just feels wrong. So once I buy HeartGold, I'll download the rom some time later to see the graphics more closely.

I think you should made a hack of Jhoto. Because there are few hack of Jhoto and many people want to play it. So you should try. You can Replace Pokènav for Pokègere.
Hell no. This hack is designed as a prequel to HG/SS, since HG/SS's portrayal of Kanto is very different from FR/LG. I thought it would be cool to play through Kanto that looks like HG/SS's.

And what do you mean there's few Johto hacks? ShinyGold, LiquidCrystal, CrystalShards, PureGold, OroSole, ShiningSilver...

Besides, this hack is part of a 4-part series. The next game I'll work on is Emerald, all I'm going to do is update Gym Leader/Elite Four/Enemy Admin teams and some minor extra stuff. Then I'll hack Platinum, all I'm going to do there is update Gym Leader/Elite Four/Enemy Admin teams, and modify the order of the Sinnoh Dex so it makes more sense. Then I'll hack HeartGold, and all I'm going to do there is update general trainer teams to include more Johto Pokemon, update Gym Leader/Elite Four/Enemy Admin teams, and then modify the order of the Johto Dex to what I wanted for HG/SS. The only reason why I'm not hacking FireRed at all is because since Platinum and HG/SS are pretty equal in terms of features, yet Emerald and FR/LG differ greatly. So I'm re-doing what should have been FR/LG. THIS IS NOT A FR/LG REMAKE, THIS IS A R/G/B REMAKE.

EDIT: Re-posting this:
If someone can take a CLEAR screenshot of any vertical guardhouse's interior in HG/SS, that would be really helpful.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Sorry to double post, but according to this:
http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

The Viridian City Gym Leader's name in HG/SS is Blue.

That means that the male protagonist of the Kanto games is Red, the rival is Blue, and the female protagonist (which many people refer to as "Leaf") is Green. For some reason I can't imagine the FR/LG girl's name as Green, so I'm wondering if I should replace all of their names with "real" names.

However, this all depends on whether the trainer names in HG/SS are hackable. I recently discovered that PPRE can edit trainers in D/P/Pt/HG/SS, but I am unsure of if it can edit Trainer names...

So do you guys think I should just roll with GameFreak's decision to name the FR/LG rival Blue, or should I give them different names, in hopes of the names being hackable in HG/SS?

Years
Well... That doesn't make much sense, to me. I mean, I understand why it was Blue, because we got Blue (game) instead of Green, but.. We got Leaf Green for the remakes, so should he- well, no, obviously it doesn't matter, as he's Blue now. Anyway, don't give them "real" names. One thing that keeps it Pokemonly is their colour names, so I personally wouldn't change them (except for switching Blue and Green's names around). It'd just be too weird, in my opinion.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Well... That doesn't make much sense, to me. I mean, I understand why it was Blue, because we got Blue (game) instead of Green, but.. We got Leaf Green for the remakes, so should he- well, no, obviously it doesn't matter, as he's Blue now. Anyway, don't give them "real" names. One thing that keeps it Pokemonly is their colour names, so I personally wouldn't change them (except for switching Blue and Green's names around). It'd just be too weird, in my opinion.
But I think it's kinda weird how every trio from each region has "real" names.

I mean, from Hoenn, we have Brendan, May, and Wally.

From Sinnoh, we have Lucas, Dawn, and Cedric (Cedric is what the internal game data calls the D/P/Pt rival).

From Johto, we have Ethan, Lyra, and Kamon (that's what I call him anyway).

And from Kanto, we have Red, Green, and Blue!?!?!?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 4, 2011
Sorry to double post, but according to this:
http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

The Viridian City Gym Leader's name in HG/SS is Blue.

You can double post in your own hack thread. If it is relevant to the thread. By the way I don't know where Serebii gets it information half of the time. I've looked in a lot of different places for this same information, but I haven't found it anywhere. I'm assuming that Serebii made up info, because I can't find it.

From Sinnoh, we have Lucas, Dawn, and Cedric (Cedric is what the internal game data calls the D/P/Pt rival).

Johto - I call him Marcus.

Kanto - I think maybe Ash (God, help us), Gary, and Sammy (Just read [this Let's Play, and they named her Sammy, btw it's real funny.)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 19, 2010
great job with this hack!
i love the idea to remake the kanto region with all of emeralds features.
the screenshots make this look very promising

Years

Well, if you take the Johto Characters from GSC (which is what I'd been thinking of, instead of HGSS, which was obviously a mistake when in this thread ^^') their default names are Gold, Silver and Crystal/Kris. Although your point overrules- technically, the Kanto trainers are the only ones left with their colour names. You should change them to real names then, I suppose.
The hidden/default name for the Rival in FRLG was Terry. Which is only really convenient information for you if you're not going with the Anime names (I implore you, don't).

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Anyways, I've thought it over, and this is my decision:

Since the trainers from Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Johto now all have "real" names (as of Gen IV), I'm going to give the Kanto trainers real names. And I hate the anime, so Ash

So this is what I've decided:

Male Protagonist: Kene
Female Protagonist: Hillary
Rival: Toru

Kene is a default name for the rival in LeafGreen, Hillary is one of the standard default names for the female player, and Toru is a default name for the rival in FireRed.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Here's a video of some new music I've inserted, and no, they ARE NOT the same as FR/LG:
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/2144/dscf0429.mp4

It was taken on my Nintendo DS thanks to my AceKard + EZFlash 3in1. Some of you guys might not be able to tell the difference in some of the music, but it is different. For the FR/LG songs that were in a different key than R/G/B/Y, I extracted the midi from the game, changed the key, and then re-looped & re-inserted it, but using the same drum tracks as FR/LG. Originally 3dd31 was going to do that, but we never got any progress done, but thanks to this tutorial, I managed to insert the music all by myself.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 4, 2011
Anyways, I've thought it over, and this is my decision:

Since the trainers from Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Johto now all have "real" names (as of Gen IV), I'm going to give the Kanto trainers real names. And I hate the anime, so Ash

So this is what I've decided:

Male Protagonist: Kene
Female Protagonist: Hillary
Rival: Toru

Kene is a default name for the rival in LeafGreen, Hillary is one of the standard default names for the female player, and Toru is a default name for the rival in FireRed.

I would've went with these if I were you.

Male: Hiro
Female: Amanda
Rival: Terry (Hidden default name for him. Check A-Trainer/PET for them.)

But whatever.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I would've went with these if I were you.

Male: Hiro
Female: Amanda
Rival: Terry (Hidden default name for him. Check A-Trainer/PET for them.)

But whatever.

Hiro & Amanda are names from G/S/C, therefore I wasn't going to use them. Besides those are fugly names.

Terry is also a fugly name, I just wasn't going to go with it.

ANYWAYS (names are final and won't change), I'm going to post this for a third time:
If someone can take a CLEAR screenshot of any vertical guardhouse's interior in HG/SS, that would be really helpful.

And can somebody please give me some feedback on the video I posted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back