• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Saga - Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 4, 2011
Hiro & Amanda are names from G/S/C, therefore I wasn't going to use them. Besides those are fugly names.

Terry is also a fugly name, I just wasn't going to go with it.

ANYWAYS (names are final and won't change), I'm going to post this for a third time:

And can somebody please give me some feedback on the video I posted?

The name thing they are also default names of FR/LG heroes.

Anyway with the gatehouse thing. Here it is at 0:27
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoPGwoI1iPk

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
I can't make tiles out of a blurry video.
Poor you. Screen takes directly out of that video:
new-delete.png

Start appreciating help.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Poor you. Screen takes directly out of that video:
new-delete.png

Start appreciating help.
I do appreciate help, because if I didn't, I wouldn't have posted this thread in the first place. If I didn't appreciate help, then I would simply try to hack this without all of your guys opinions.

But really, no matter what you say I still can't make tiles from a blurry video or a blurry screenshot for that matter. I'm trying to make Kanto as pixel-perfect to HG/SS as much as possible, and if you have a problem with that (which I didn't say you did), then that's too bad, because I'm not making this hack for you guys, I'm making this hack for myself.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Great to see another Emerald hack!
So, this serves as a prequel for HG/SS eh?
Good luck with this, hope to see this finished someday.
Nice tiles, btw.

Years
A person named iNathanM has videos of the Kanto region, also check out Solracnaujchile for the Gyms, and PLDHNet. I like the Viridian Forest tiles, and I like how Route 2 looks. Do we battle the Lass, or is she a person we just can talk to?

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
A person named iNathanM has videos of the Kanto region, also check out Solracnaujchile for the Gyms, and PLDHNet. I like the Viridian Forest tiles, and I like how Route 2 looks. Do we battle the Lass, or is she a person we just can talk to?
I've already seen iNathanM's videos, and I've looked at nearly every HG/SS video showing southern Kanto as much as possible.

And about the lass, watch the video on the first post.

Luckily, I got to order some stuff for my birthday (particularly, Sonic Classic Collection DS and Pokemon HeartGold), so once I get HeartGold, I'll probably take a small break on this, and then I'll fix up my Kanto maps as best as possible. I refuse to download Roms unless if I actually bought the game, so that's pretty much why my maps might be slightly inaccurate.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 1, 2010
Is there a chance that this will follow the manga at all? It would be nice to see a game that follows the manga. I mean, remakes are fun too, but most people probably already played them, and there is little to none made on the manga.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
Years
Anyways, I've thought it over, and this is my decision:

Since the trainers from Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Johto now all have "real" names (as of Gen IV), I'm going to give the Kanto trainers real names. And I hate the anime, so Ash

So this is what I've decided:

Male Protagonist: Kene
Female Protagonist: Hillary
Rival: Toru

Kene is a default name for the rival in LeafGreen, Hillary is one of the standard default names for the female player, and Toru is a default name for the rival in FireRed.

Or how about these names:

Male: Red
Female: Green
Rival: Blue

Oh CMON, I had to do it, but if you insist.......

Male: Josh
Female: Katylin
Rival: Marcus

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Or how about these names:

Male: Red
Female: Green
Rival: Blue

Oh CMON, I had to do it, but if you insist.......

Male: Josh
Female: Katylin
Rival: Marcus
All names are final, and the "issue" is over with. They're not gonna be changed. This is MY hack after all, I'm not making this for you guys. I'm going to ignore every post regarding the trainer names from now on.

Years
  • Seen May 1, 2010
If this is "your" hack and you are not making it for us, then why bother post screenshots of your work? Or post it to the public if it is "yours' Of course you're going to expect criticism if you post it on this forum.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
If this is "your" hack and you are not making it for us, then why bother post screenshots of your work? Or post it to the public if it is "yours' Of course you're going to expect criticism if you post it on this forum.

Because obviously, some people like this hack, and are willing to help me by providing HG/SS screenshots, and tips, and such. By posting my work here, I end up making faster progress. But I'm never going to change something that I want to someone else's preference, such as names. Even though I accept feedback (if I didn't, then there would be no need for this thread), I'm not going to bother changing anything that I'm fine with. Such as the trees, many people don't like how they look in this hack, but I think they look fine, and that's all that matters.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 4, 2011
Because obviously, some people like this hack, and are willing to help me by providing HG/SS screenshots, and tips, and such. By posting my work here, I end up making faster progress. But I'm never going to change something that I want to someone else's preference, such as names. Even though I accept feedback (if I didn't, then there would be no need for this thread), I'm not going to bother changing anything that I'm fine with. Such as the trees, many people don't like how they look in this hack, but I think they look fine, and that's all that matters.

I don't know why people are complaining. I like this hack, and the trees. :D

I might actually buy a flash card for this when it is done.

EDIT: Anyway if you want the names or trees different. Hack a hack. Though that is disrespectful to the hacker.

Last edited:

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
I've meant to post about this. I've always wanted to see Kanto get some of RSE's features. Plus, I love HG/SS, so the fact that you're making a prequel to it is awesome.

I'm not telling you to change the names; but, Kene doesn't sound natural to me and Toru sounds too Japanese for a English hack. But, it's your hack, you choose the names you want. I'm not about to annoy you with "OMGZ CHEUNGE DA NEMZ!!!" (Crappy grammar intended right there).

I'll start playing as soon as you make a release! From one Emerald hacker to another. If there's any HG/SS Trainer sprites, etc. you want I could help. But, only if you would want it.

Also, if you'd like Maps to be checked, I could compare them with my Japanese copy of SoulSilver, but, than again that may not be needed with SS coming out in America in about 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Since you say this isn't a FRLG remake, does that mean you won't have maps exactly like kanto?

EDIT: 100th post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back