• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Saga - Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeybard

boop
Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2023
    Nice hack~ I appreciate this, FRLG was too close to RGB for comfort. (although taking good ol' metal Claw away from Charmander is a little mean ;A; )
    I don't really mind what ROM you use as a base, as long as you're not going to rely too heavily on the RTC. My EZFlash 3-in-1 can't take it [I've been trying to evolve a Larvly on Quartz into Cricoon for ages now] But anyways yeah, good luck and never give up! I really look forward to seeing this finished =D

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    Er... I've made new support bars. They're in my sig. Pokemon ShadowAmethyst will be renamed to, "Pokemon Saga - Adventure". I'm probably gonna start a new topic, I'm waiting until this thread dies. After all, it will be a while before I reach the same progress hacking Ruby.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Awesome new name ! ! !
    Like the Support bars

I will support this hack all the way
    DOnt give chaos rush!

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    Good news:

This hack is going to be on Emerald! Thanks to HackMew, I finally figured out how to not corrupt the sound. However, I'm still going to have to restart this hack, but this time nothing will be corrupted, since I've disabled automatic repointing in AdvanceMap. Apparently, the only way to ensure 100% that the sound doesn't corrupt is to manually repoint everything yourself.

Also, can a mod rename this thread to, "Pokémon Saga - Adventure"? Thanks. I'm not gonna start a new topic, since I'm making decent progress.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Are you gonna include Day & Night? I'd like to see Kanto at night besides G/S/C/HG/SS and the Sevii Islands. Plus Day and night will bring a more alive feeling too. I also like how it's gonna be on Emerald again and my ROM Hack will also be an Emerald ROM Hack.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    looks cool XD please continue, i might download the incomplete beta ^_~

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    Are you gonna include Day & Night? I'd like to see Kanto at night besides G/S/C/HG/SS and the Sevii Islands. Plus Day and night will bring a more alive feeling too. I also like how it's gonna be on Emerald again and my ROM Hack will also be an Emerald ROM Hack.
    Sorry, but there will be no need for day & night. Besides, the current version of that tool has horrible colors, and is kinda buggy because of the colors flashing when you enter a building. I want this hack to still have that "3rd Gen feel" to it, which is why I'm not adding it.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    As many people have said I really don't understand this hack :\.

Most of the features you are including don't really make the normal gameplay any better (Story, main part of the game):

-Actually hard Gym Leaders (easy to do)
    -Expanded Team Rocket plot
    -You can actually breed Pokemon
    -Golbat and Chansey can actually evolve
    -Team Rocket Admins Ariana and Archer appear
    -Kanto's size is equal to that of HG/SS
    -Battle Frontier, located on Seven Island
    -Sprite Animations in battle
    -PokeNav**p.
    -Music restored to the original key it was in Generation I

The only INTERESTING points are the Team Rocket plot expansion, and you haven't even explained what is different about that.

Then there's the oddball sprites you used originally, not sure if you are using them again but Emerald-style sprites look scarrry.

Also you seem to be trying to make Kanto into HG/SS Kanto, when it shouldn't be. There's a time difference remember so it's not meant to be the same. Plus the place to breed in Kanto is Island 4, so yeah it doesn't need to be put in the normal day care...

If this hack ever gets completed I'll still make sure to try it out, but I can't honestly see it out competing the original FR/LG.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    *sigh* I don't know how many times I've said this, but if you have a problem with this hack, then don't even bother posting, because I've already said this many times:

I DO NOT CARE ABOUT ANY OF YOUR OPINIONS

Why do you guys think I never changed the trees? The only reason why I even posted this thread was to get help.

Also you seem to be trying to make Kanto into HG/SS Kanto, when it shouldn't be. There's a time difference remember so it's not meant to be the same. Plus the place to breed in Kanto is Island 4, so yeah it doesn't need to be put in the normal day care...
    I'm well aware of that, but regions don't magically enlarge in 3 years. Obviously you haven't actually paid much attention to the differences I've put in, notice how in my hack, there is no Trainer House in Viridian City. I bet you thought I was going to make the Fuschia City Safari Zone look like Pal Park, too. And who says I can't remove the daycare from Four Island? I can do anything I want.

So really, I'm fine with comments and stuff, and but don't even bother posting in this thread if you have a problem with this hack, because, as I've already said, all of your opinions mean nothing to me, because this is MY hack, not yours.

EDIT: And I know some of you would say, "If you don't care about what we think, then why did you post this thread?"
    Well, I posted this thread because believe it or not, some people are actually helping me. Another question people might ask would be, "If you don't care about us, then why do you actually have 2 tutorials posted?" Well, I'm tired of seeing Emerald hacks with horrible sound problems.

Anyways, I shouldn't post like this, next time someone complains, I'll just ignore the post completely.

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I'm well aware of that, but regions don't magically enlarge in 3 years. Obviously you haven't actually paid much attention to the differences I've put in, notice how in my hack, there is no Trainer House in Viridian City. I bet you thought I was going to make the Fuschia City Safari Zone look like Pal Park, too.

No I read that actually, I was referring to things like: changing the width of the path in Viridian which is blocked by the old man and making all the houses identical to how they are in HG/SS. They can decorate in 3 years can't they?

Then there's Pokémon changes, you mentioned expanding the Kanto Dex to evolutions but then you put Sentret in route 1 because it's there in HG/SS. Animals often migrate over periods of time, which quite simply explains why they aren't there in FR/LG.

If you are to stubborn to listen to people trying to understand your vision then why even keep the thread open.

And I'd still like an explanation to what additional story there is in the game please. Also what new areas are you including - Such as the Volcano mentioned at Cinnabar with the White Rock inside and does the Rock have a purpose at all?

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    No I read that actually, I was referring to things like: changing the width of the path in Viridian which is blocked by the old man and making all the houses identical to how they are in HG/SS. They can decorate in 3 years can't they?

Then there's Pokémon changes, you mentioned expanding the Kanto Dex to evolutions but then you put Sentret in route 1 because it's there in HG/SS. Animals often migrate over periods of time, which quite simply explains why they aren't there in FR/LG.

If you are to stubborn to listen to people trying to understand your vision then why even keep the thread open.

And I'd still like an explanation to what additional story there is in the game please. Also what new areas are you including - Such as the Volcano mentioned at Cinnabar with the White Rock inside and does the Rock have a purpose at all?
    Okay, I can see now that you're not trying to complain, but you're trying to understand, so here goes:
    They can decorate in 3 years can't they?
    Yep they can. Oh well.

I mentioned months ago that I've already removed Sentret from Route 1. It's not in the incomplete beta.

Please read this part of my last post:
    EDIT: And I know some of you would say, "If you don't care about what we think, then why did you post this thread?"
    Well, I posted this thread because believe it or not, some people are actually helping me.

And yep, the white rock serves no purpose. In R/S/E, there's also a white rock in Mossdeep City that also serves no purpose.

And about the additional story, all it does is elaborate on what they're doing. It still ends at Silph Co, but expect A LOT more dialogue.

Years
  • Is Silph Co. gonna have the same look as HG/SS? Or is it gonna be huge like FR/LG? I know that a ton of maps are large in FR/LG including Route 5 if you look at it in AdvanceMap. Is the second rival battle with Blue/Teru gonna be in Route 22, or somewhere else?

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    Is Silph Co. gonna have the same look as HG/SS? Or is it gonna be huge like FR/LG? I know that a ton of maps are large in FR/LG including Route 5 if you look at it in AdvanceMap. Is the second rival battle with Blue/Teru gonna be in Route 22, or somewhere else?
    Silph Co. is gonna be huge like in FR/LG, however, the first floor will look exactly the same as HG/SS. Because of that, you can only access the second floor through the elevator, and the rest of the floors will have similar layouts to FR/LG.

Route 5 will look like the way it does in HG/SS.

And I've decided that the characters won't be using fan-names, instead I'm going with official sources, meaning their names are Red, Green, and Blue. And yes, there will be an optional battle with Blue on Route 22.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    Here's some new screenshots:
    Pokémon Saga - Adventure

*better colors + Nidoran

Pokémon Saga - Adventure

*more accurate tiles

Pokémon Saga - Adventure

*R/S/E styled Kanto mom (can't really tell from that direction)

Pokémon Saga - Adventure

*Slightly different placement

Pokémon Saga - Adventure

*MUCH better tiles

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    the beta doesnt work ^^"

btw love the tiles XD

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    the beta doesnt work ^^"

btw love the tiles XD
    On VBA, go to Emulator ---> Save Type ---> Flash 128K.

Same problem.... I wish I could play it.... And what are the unLZ-GBA numbers for the emerald title screen? Been lookin' for them everywhere. :/
    I guess I have to judge by looking at the screenies....
    .......... ..........
    9/10 Looks good so far. Keep going!
    It's around 152.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    I'm just posting to say that I'm no longer working on this, because I've realized that this hack is pointless.

In a few years, we'll probably be able to hack 4th Gen games similarly to how we can currently hack 3rd Gen games. This hack is NOT canceled, but it's being postponed until DS hacking becomes more advanced, which won't be for at least a few more years. There's no point in doing this, since all the map data I need is in HG/SS. And everything I envisioned in this hack is already present in HG/SS, such as a regional Pokedex that's really easy to hack. But yeah, a mod can lock this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back