• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shining Opal [FULL GAME RELEASED]

Years
In reply to Ravermatt, @Ravermatt

ok so Im assuming this is Pokémon Glazed?!? Well, you have to get to the city that Dragonite refers you to, this is what he says:

Route 44/Olivine City
Dragonite will stop and talk to you. You will get a letter that says , "Please come to New Island as soon as possible. You may take a ferry from Olivine to get there." alright let's head over to Olivine! Go into the building to the south and the man will tell you they canceled all the ferries due to the storm. Well guess what we are going anyways , head south outside onto the dock and dive. Once down here head all the way south and loop around the little turn and use dive once more.

You need to defeat a gym leader to use whirlpool outside of battle, here is the link to the walkthrough I used:
(i can't post links yet, so here is the web page...) go to VIZZED website, and add /boards/thread.php?id=73133 to the url.
I literally just started and finished the whole game in less than 3 days, beat it all until Rankor Region (after taking weeks to figure stuff out and repeating the game to re-do some mishaps).
good luck!

Lol was he asking about Glazed here?

Years
I really Hope this hack will be updated once again. The start is really original (mikachu, the Rival and the body switch teleportation stuff)!

Years
Does mikachu evolve? That would be awesome. I love the story, and how it gets you involved. Oh and is it possible to have ur pokemon out? And to have more interactions with mikachu? Anyway keep it up. I'm anxiously waiting for ur next update!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
hey man just wanted to say great game. I really want to play the rest of it so i hope you finish the rom at some point, but its a nice hack so far!

Zaakeil

Budding Beta-Tester
Years
Hey there, diegoisawesome! I just wanted to let you know that I've been delving into different ROM hacks and wanted to compliment you on yours, Shining Opal. It surprised me with its originality, and takes the concept design of FireRed to a new level while keeping it fresh and smooth to the original game. In short, it's basically what the follow up game to FireRed (if there ever was one) should have been. ... No, like you could easily run for Hack of the Year once this thing finishes, IMO. I know you're busy with everything, so I'm not asking you to rush, just giving feedback. :)

I also love playing your ROMs because of the lack of typos, glitches, and otherwise odd mishaps that would deteriorate the game experience. While I found that Mikachu was powerful (very much so), I still had a challenge and found it necessary to actually work for my levels and badges.

On the subject of your leveling system, I agree completely with it except for the fact that the Battle Arena is a bit of a slap in the face. In my experience playing, I retried those battles about 6 times in all, trying to dodge critical hits, paralysis, and other effects that would otherwise immobilize me. However in going through this process, I gained enough experience to bring me to Level 39 or so, and so going through to the next town and 3rd gym was a bit of a joke, as I easily 'Thunder'ed through the whole double battle with no real need of a secondary Pokemon. Just an FYI on that subject. And yes, I know you said you would address that, just clarifying. :)

The PokeGear also greatly confused me, as when I looked to access it I could not find it anywhere. I assume that it is supposed to resemble a clone of the PokeNav from Generation III, but wasn't really sure how to use it or access it. I'm sure if you could get it working though, it would have great potential use.

This hack brought me to PC actually after it was brought up from here in a search, so thank you for that. But if you need any help with anything, I'll be happy to help streamline anything for ya. Absolutely LOVE the ROM once again.

Years
How's the progress going? It's a rather fun hack, but I can't very well play onward if 'onward' doesn't exist yet. (and while I don't want to badger about it here, I'm still waiting for Crystal Dust to be finished, it's so good...) For example, the Pokegear still isn't working yet, is it? It's a good game, but there's still a long way to go.

Years
How's the progress going? It's a rather fun hack, but I can't very well play onward if 'onward' doesn't exist yet. (and while I don't want to badger about it here, I'm still waiting for Crystal Dust to be finished, it's so good...) For example, the Pokegear still isn't working yet, is it? It's a good game, but there's still a long way to go.

The pokegear aint working here yet and i want to see both hacks being done but that may take years cause its one guy working on two hacks plus he got real life stuff too so we may have to play other hacks for now while we wait xD

CrystalDust got a whole kanto region and the islands left along with features like the phone radio etc and this hack is small as of latest beta so who knows how big the final version will be so we have to wait its our only option :D

Last edited:

Json

I'm deh Draw Inc. leader guy!
Years
There should be a choice between keeping Torchic or go with Mikachu, for all those Torchic fans out there, like myself -n- but love the rom, though.

felynari

Remembering something that no one else can is a pa
Years
Hi! I've Played the game and i enjoyed it despite there are some bugs that i found like this

1. Makes the game stuck , i even thought there are some leftovers in the garbage :3
QqSKfNG.png

2. Can walkthrough walls?
uzTpF7c.png

3. What? Azumarills evolving.... but??? it has no hold item
Wk4DqGM.png

Last edited:

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Hello, I've tried your Both hacks but I somewhat find it Interesting just by Reading its story...

FullOn support from me, Best of Luck for future releases!
-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

EDIT-: Yay!! me, I just finished the "REDUX" Version, it was pretty Great, and most of all; I liked that Arc where I Changed to That "Theif" Girl :D..

Not to forget "Mikachu" I liked its Sprite!

Diego Is really Awesome!
Thank you for your support!
Good idea and also according to anime Gary was in Sinou region and that would put more reality! Good luck in completing it!
Thanks, and maybe he was in Sinnoh in Ash's time but ten years later, he could be anywhere.
NOOOOOO...I finished the Version 2 REDUX. I love this game just as much (probably even more) than the legit versions. I want to continue playing... T^T
Thanks!
Really enjoying it so far. Right now just got my 3rd badge with nothing else more to do. *sigh* please finish the game *sigh*
I will, don't worry.
Little advice. FINISH the hack before making it available for play. Nothing pisses of somebody more than an unfinished game
The entirety of the Hacks Studio forum would like to disagree, seeing as betas are what most hacks here are.
Just started this hack the other day, it was kinda tough. Well I think I have lost about 20 battles so far. But it is great, and I look forward to future updates. Please keep making this hack, and it would be nice to have a town map of the region. Also it would be nice if we could get that torchic that disappeared when we got Mikachu. Or at least have another fire type available to us. Unless there is already one and I'm just not looking hard enough
Many problems like this will be fixed with Beta 3.
so im at klindor town and just defeated the gym. I try to threw the gate witch is leading up to the next ciry/route [idk] and nothing happens its like its a invisble wall.
Sorry, that's where the beta ends.
Needs a bump.

I like the concept of Mikachu, and I appreciate your work.
Thank you!

Me too, this game hasn't been updated in a year so... idk whats up. Just got a lvl 50 Mew 3 and a couple lvl 18's...
What's up is that I've been busy with my other hack and real life. I'm really a one-man team here.
I really Hope this hack will be updated once again. The start is really original (mikachu, the Rival and the body switch teleportation stuff)!
Thank you, and it will!
Does mikachu evolve? That would be awesome. I love the story, and how it gets you involved. Oh and is it possible to have ur pokemon out? And to have more interactions with mikachu? Anyway keep it up. I'm anxiously waiting for ur next update!
No, Mikachu does not evolve. And if by "having your Pokémon out" you mean having them following you, it's not possible, at least not with the knowledge I have right now. Thank you for the comment!
hey man just wanted to say great game. I really want to play the rest of it so i hope you finish the rom at some point, but its a nice hack so far!
Thanks!
Hey there, diegoisawesome! I just wanted to let you know that I've been delving into different ROM hacks and wanted to compliment you on yours, Shining Opal. It surprised me with its originality, and takes the concept design of FireRed to a new level while keeping it fresh and smooth to the original game. In short, it's basically what the follow up game to FireRed (if there ever was one) should have been. ... No, like you could easily run for Hack of the Year once this thing finishes, IMO. I know you're busy with everything, so I'm not asking you to rush, just giving feedback. :)

I also love playing your ROMs because of the lack of typos, glitches, and otherwise odd mishaps that would deteriorate the game experience. While I found that Mikachu was powerful (very much so), I still had a challenge and found it necessary to actually work for my levels and badges.

On the subject of your leveling system, I agree completely with it except for the fact that the Battle Arena is a bit of a slap in the face. In my experience playing, I retried those battles about 6 times in all, trying to dodge critical hits, paralysis, and other effects that would otherwise immobilize me. However in going through this process, I gained enough experience to bring me to Level 39 or so, and so going through to the next town and 3rd gym was a bit of a joke, as I easily 'Thunder'ed through the whole double battle with no real need of a secondary Pokemon. Just an FYI on that subject. And yes, I know you said you would address that, just clarifying. :)

The PokeGear also greatly confused me, as when I looked to access it I could not find it anywhere. I assume that it is supposed to resemble a clone of the PokeNav from Generation III, but wasn't really sure how to use it or access it. I'm sure if you could get it working though, it would have great potential use.

This hack brought me to PC actually after it was brought up from here in a search, so thank you for that. But if you need any help with anything, I'll be happy to help streamline anything for ya. Absolutely LOVE the ROM once again.
Thank you for the comment! Yeah, I'll address the leveling issues as I said.
The PokéGear was supposed to be accessible with use of the R button, but I left dummy text there for the moment so it doesn't really matter.
I know, I'll get to it when possible.
There should be a choice between keeping Torchic or go with Mikachu, for all those Torchic fans out there, like myself -n- but love the rom, though.
Sorry, that's just the way the story progresses.
How did I not know about this hack sooner? Now I'm itching for an update!!
Don't worry, an update will come sometime!
Hi! I've Played the game and i enjoyed it despite there are some bugs that i found like this

1. Makes the game stuck , i even thought there are some leftovers in the garbage :3
QqSKfNG.png

2. Can walkthrough walls?
uzTpF7c.png

3. What? Azumarills evolving.... but??? it has no hold item
Wk4DqGM.png
Those glitches are already known, and Marill evolves into Azumarill without using any item... if I had the National Dex in, which I don't.
Can you get torchick back??
No, sorry.
Can't wait for the next version~♥
Don't worry, it's coming!

Not really an update, but I found out recently that I can draw. So I drew this:
mikachu_by_diegoisawesome-d7iw7xr.jpg

The first ever official Shining Opal art!

Years
I can't believe it! Diegoisawesome returns! I really hope you finish CrystalDust and Shining Opal! I really liked the Pokegear in CD, and the cute Mikachu in Shining Opal! Good luck finishing these wonderful hacks, man!

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 27, 2014
Thank you for your awesome work, diegoisawesome! We really appreciate it! I don't know how to program but if there is anything I can do to help you, let me know!

Years
  • Age 74
  • Seen Mar 23, 2015
Another amazing hack. I can barely wait to play the finished version. Hope it is all going great. Go mikachu!

dragon__tamer

the elder of dragon's den
Years
hey diegoisawesome
thank you for you hack
i have a question in there any pokemon list location for this game??
thank you

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
I can't believe it! Diegoisawesome returns! I really hope you finish CrystalDust and Shining Opal! I really liked the Pokegear in CD, and the cute Mikachu in Shining Opal! Good luck finishing these wonderful hacks, man!
Thank you!
I love that you're continue this project can't wait until your next release. Good luck.
Thanks for your comment!
Thank you for your awesome work, diegoisawesome! We really appreciate it! I don't know how to program but if there is anything I can do to help you, let me know!
Thanks for offering!
Another amazing hack. I can barely wait to play the finished version. Hope it is all going great. Go mikachu!
Thank you!
hey diegoisawesome
thank you for you hack
i have a question in there any pokemon list location for this game??
thank you
There is no list of Pokémon locations, sorry.

Back