• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shining Opal [FULL GAME RELEASED]

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
I never thought I'd see the day that this game ever got an update, but thanks to the work of one hacksrepairman, the game has been completed from notes I wrote as a child! Wow!

Honestly, it blows my mind that people still care about Shining Opal in the year of our lord NBA 2K23. This game, written by a child with no concept of how games should be made, restarted countless times, with wildly overreaching ambitions, has somehow kept enough of a following that someone decided they'd come in and finish the whole dang thing. While I've left the Pokémon ROM hacking space (more or less, I keep getting pulled back in no matter how hard I try to escape), I wanted to go in and fix up some stuff before posting it to my official channels, so I did some binary hacking for the first time in goddamn ever and boy was I reminded why I hated it. And that was even with help from the decomps! It's a wonder I ever made any hacks before 2017, frankly.

Now, while this is semi-official, meaning I've blessed this as the real 'final version' of Shining Opal, I had little control or oversight over how hacksrepairman interpreted my vague notes and scribblings, and have not vetted the hack for anything untoward, so buyer beware. I will not be doing any bugfixes from here on if I can help it, and all such bugs to be fixed should be reported in this very thread so hacksrepairman can take a look if he so chooses. I wouldn't blame him for wanting to sleep for a million years after the absolute gigaeffort he put in.

Bravo, my guy. Bravo.

I'm so glad to see this finally happen, Shining Opal has always held a special place in my heart when I cam across it as a kid almost a decade ago. HRM is doing god's work out here resurrecting hacks from way back then. :')

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
I love the world design from town to wild area the tile set is pretty, the story is little bit cringe but I still can take it, the use of of tm litte bit off

So yeah it's fun in it's own way not perfect but still fun

Days
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 12, 2023
By any chance, do we have any info on how to get the legendaries or like a walkthrough?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Where do I get Rock Climb? I can't find it anywhere on Google
You can get the HM for Rock Climb after the event in Lake Piltor.

Just wanted to confirm, there is no Physical/special split right?
No, it doesn't have the pss.

The patch was updated once more for fixing the glitch which makes it impossible to challenge the elite four again once lost to them. Also, some text errors were fixed as well.
The old download link still works, the most updated patch can also be downloaded from the official site:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/pp400ut04n6vv9b/Shining_Opal_Continued.rar/file

Cuprite (Kyu)

Formerly TheGoldenRiolu
Years
This was one of the first ROM hacks I've ever seen, if not the very first, so I have a lot of nostalgia for it (Despite me not remembering anything other than when you get your starter). Rediscovering it shortly after it was completed is a really pleasant surprise. Hacksrepairman, you are a saint. Lol.
I'm definitely looking forward to playing this eventually. :)

Days
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
Where do you find the Sapphire? Found both the Emerald and Ruby...I want to make sure that it's not one items hidden or otherwise I found myself unable to get to.

Days
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
Thank you. Had a couple other questions:

Any other legendaries aside from the Regis, Moltres, Celebi, Articuno, Zapdos, Lugia, Kyogre, Groupon, Rayquaza, and Mew?

Anything else trigger after beating the Elite Four a second time or is that the end?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
Imagine my surprise seeing a post about this, years after I made Reddit post about the original game hoping for a update now fav rom hack is updated although not by original dev. so happy to play this again

Back