• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Sigma Σmerald [v1.914]

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2015
    I think you may have been unlucky? Because I did come across a Lombre but more commonly was Lotad, doesn't take much to evolve a lotad instead ;p

Wow, I must have been extremely unlucky since they appear at a 10% rate, and I met many Zangoose and Seviper. In any case, there was still the Nuzleaf appearance that was not listed. Not a problem... just something I noticed.

Years
  • Wow, I must have been extremely unlucky since they appear at a 10% rate, and I met many Zangoose and Seviper. In any case, there was still the Nuzleaf appearance that was not listed. Not a problem... just something I noticed.
    The text file for encounters isn't 100% accurate, so I'm sorry for that :P As far as I know it's possible to get every Pokemon in the game except for the untested roaming dogs, so it should be fine.

Also, I need feedback from you guys on the current roster of moves to be added for the first a7 release. For now I'll be limiting myself to new moves with existing effects. Please know that this list may change, depending on how many Pokemon learn certain moves. So far, the ones I can get fully working are:
    - Air Slash
    - Aqua Tail
    - Bulldoze
    - Earth Power
    - Focus Blast
    - Icicle Crash
    - Leaf Storm
    - Poison Jab
    - Psycho Cut
    - Zen Headbutt

And ones that I want to add in and trying (very badly) to create/find animations for. (?) denotes undecided additions:
    - Dark Pulse
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Dragon Rush(?)
    - Flash Cannon (?)
    - Giga Impact
    - Gunk Shot
    - Stone Edge (?)

Last edited:

Raven Valt

You gave me power in your gods name.
    Years
  • The text file for encounters isn't 100% accurate, so I'm sorry for that :P As far as I know it's possible to get every Pokemon in the game except for the untested roaming dogs, so it should be fine.

Also, I need feedback from you guys on the current roster of moves to be added for the first a7 release. For now I'll be limiting myself to new moves with existing effects. Please know that this list may change, depending on how many Pokemon learn certain moves. So far, the ones I can get fully working are:
    - Air Slash
    - Aqua Tail
    - Bulldoze
    - Earth Power
    - Focus Blast
    - Icicle Crash
    - Leaf Storm
    - Poison Jab
    - Psycho Cut
    - Zen Headbutt

And ones that I want to add in and trying (very badly) to create/find animations for. (?) denotes undecided additions:
    - Dark Pulse
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Dragon Rush(?)
    - Flash Cannon (?)
    - Giga Impact
    - Gunk Shot
    - Stone Edge (?)

The moves we need are ones that add to a pokemons moveset to make it more varied, usually special/phsyical pokemon that had no previous moves to benefit their dominant attacking stat. Also any bug moves you can get added would be amazing or at least X-Scissor/bug Bite and Bug buzz.

I will put a list of moves I would potentially like to see if you can get them:

Aqua Jet
    Avalanche
    Brave Bird
    Power Gem
    Grass Knot
    X-Scissor
    Bug Bite
    Bug Buzz
    Bullet Punch
    Head Smash
    Seed Bomb
    Cross Poison
    Ice Fang
    Fire Fang
    Thunder Fang
    Drain Punch
    Flash Cannon
    Energy Ball
    Flare Blitz
    Force Palm
    Shadow Claw
    Frost Breath
    Hurricane
    Hone Claws

I know there are a lot of moves but I just gave a huge list for ones you could find, if you can't get most but some that would be amazing and I know a lot of hacks have had these moves.

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2015
    The text file for encounters isn't 100% accurate, so I'm sorry for that :P As far as I know it's possible to get every Pokemon in the game except for the untested roaming dogs, so it should be fine.

- Air Slash
    - Aqua Tail
    - Bulldoze
    - Earth Power
    - Focus Blast
    - Icicle Crash
    - Leaf Storm
    - Poison Jab
    - Psycho Cut
    - Zen Headbutt

- Dark Pulse
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Dragon Rush(?)
    - Flash Cannon (?)
    - Giga Impact
    - Gunk Shot
    - Stone Edge (?)

The list looks good so far! I am wondering if Energy Ball would be a difficult one. It's a variation of Psychic with the look of Shadow Ball or something similar. Then again, it might be in the same boat as Flash Cannon, so maybe not. I was never much of a fan of Dragon Rush since it was outclassed by Dragon Claw, but that's just me.

Years
  • A lot of those are planned too, but for now I'm working on ones that can be implemented just by adding animations and new descriptions. Most of the moves you listed need the expansion of a few more tables, so I think it would be beneficial to begin work on them after a7 is released.

The list looks good so far! I am wondering if Energy Ball would be a difficult one. It's a variation of Psychic with the look of Shadow Ball or something similar. Then again, it might be in the same boat as Flash Cannon, so maybe not. I was never much of a fan of Dragon Rush since it was outclassed by Dragon Claw, but that's just me.
    Energy Ball is a bit more difficult because it requires the addition of new custom particles; so the case with it is the same as what I said to Tea. Regarding Dragon Rush, yeah, I was thinking the same thing you were so I just put it down as a possibility.

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
    Years
  • If you're adding any new Tutors to the game, Grass Knot would be one to consider. None of the Gen I-III Pokes learn it naturally, but a ton of them can by TM. It uses the same effect as Low Kick, but with Grass typing.

Seed Bomb could also help fill the gap for physical Grass moves. Shadow Claw and Shadow Sneak would also be re-typings of existing moves.

Hex would be pretty straightforward. I don't remember if battle scripts have a "check for any status condition", but if not it should just be a matter of checking if the target's status byte isn't 0.

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021

- Air Slash
    - Aqua Tail
    - Bulldoze
    - Earth Power
    - Focus Blast
    - Icicle Crash
    - Leaf Storm
    - Poison Jab
    - Psycho Cut
    - Zen Headbutt

- Dark Pulse
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Dragon Rush(?)
    - Flash Cannon (?)
    - Giga Impact
    - Gunk Shot
    - Stone Edge (?)

If you're looking for new move effect/animation, both mamama's rombase and the move resource thread are good place to start with.
    I myself use sigma emerald as test rom and I've been able to add several animation/effect without any expansion (except of the moves).
    Also, if you don't use asm to insert the animations, then animations are harder to insert than new battle scripts because there's BSP to insert battle script (even if it is buggy sometimes). So don't be afraid to add one or the other, I confess it is tedious, but itshould be manageable even if you're beginner for those things.
    Lastly, you can always ask for help when you're really in trouble!

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    - Scald
    - Power Gem
    - Energy Ball
    - Bug Buzz
    - Flash Cannon
    - Discharge?
    - Force Palm
    - Ice Shard
    - Aqua Jet
    - Shadow Sneak
    - Snarl? I'm not sure if there's that -Sp.Atk effect in III gen.
    - Wild Charge
    - Mirror Shot must be, nice STAB for Magneton
    - Iron Head
    - Infestation
    -

That's all moves from top of my head that would be easy to recreate in gen III.

Years
  • Sorry for the lack of updates guys, I've been really busy with school and sports so there's not as much time to work on SE.

Anyway, the first release of Alpha 7 completely overhauls the type tables, so Fairy is now a completely new type on its own rather than one that replaces Normal. This fixes a few bugs relating to types, like the one where the player was unable to search Normal types through the Pokedex. Silk Scarf is also back, and can be bought in the game.

New movesare added and fully functional, but haven't been added to any learnsets; what I actually want to do is update the level-up moves for every Pokemon to match ORAS, and add them in while doing that. Those of you who can't wait can try hacking them onto some Pokemon or something :P

Lunaturret

[B]The Forgotten[/B]
    Years
  • Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Any update is grateful and take your time no rush as in the end it will be a very good hack full of wonderful ideas :)

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

I agree it is super awesome and im glad you look here to as i like to see the progression from an early start gives me lots of ideas and shows a great step in what small achievements can do :)

curiters

Oblivious - prevents me from being afflicted by in
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2017
    I hope draconian will revert it again into green tiles i love that tiles he put on a4

This hack is simply awesome. Please don't stop making it even more cooler! And by the way, I found some bug. After beating the Elite Four and finding yourself in your room, going down, talk to dad and watch the news for Latias/Latios and going out to talk to Prof. Birch, the next scene would be Prof. Birch giving you the National Dex right? I think he spoke some kind of an alien language back there. That's all. Kudos to you, idol! XD

Years
  • Just a little update again: I've been working on updating learnsets to OR/AS, but had to start over (I accidentally overwrote some vital soundfonts XD). So far, all of the starters have been edited. I don't know how I will handle new egg moves/move tutors, so for now only the pseudo-legendaries (and maybe starters) will get "bonus" moves to their heart scale re-learnables. Drain Punch will be an exception to this because it's not learned naturally by any Gen 1-3 Pokemon.

Once more, I really want to thank you guys for the support the hack has been getting. Sigma Emerald's goal is planned to keep the original concept that Tlachtli intended; updating mechanics while maintaining the essence of a classic Emerald game.

Years
  • Update:

All 3rd Gen Pokemon have fully updated learnsets now; work is being done on Gen 1 (with the new moves being put in). I've decided to skip 7.X and just release alpha 8 when it's ready because of the many changes SE is going through. This might take a long time but it'll be worth the wait. And with the completion of MrDollSteak's Sugimori palette resource for everything up to Gen 3, sprites are once again animated :)

I don't recall posting the list of new moves that are actually in the game so far, but here they are:
    Spoiler:

Back