• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Sinnoh Legacy BETA 2.0 Out Now!

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2017
    what I mean is that I have my save the beta 1.5 and all is fine except it can not access the tm bag, the tm appear in space for Pokeballs and I can not use because the screen goes black

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2019
    what I mean is that I have my save the beta 1.5 and all is fine except it can not access the tm bag, the tm appear in space for Pokeballs and I can not use because the screen goes black

Oh yeah! In the download description it says you must restart the save. This will be once off! Never again will you need to do this!!! Also all the flags will be messed up too so all events will happen again!

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
    Years
  • Well the routine allows for one byte 0xFF and Bidoof occupies 0x1CE. So originally I had another bidoof occupy 0x0 as the pokemon slot but it's broken at the moment and I'm trying to figure out why!
    So use a Rattata or Sentret... Also I think the EM routine or the one from JPAN's Hacked Engine might help you use a tri-byted pokemon...

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
    Years
  • Why is north of Jubilife City blocked off by a bunch of glitchy tiles?
    Pokémon Sinnoh Legacy BETA 2.0 Out Now!

I went and beat the first gym and it was still glitched off. I was heading back to Twinleaf Town when I noticed this.

The events seem to have restarted them self? I am able to get another starter pokemon, go through all the events afterwards. It's really odd, not even sure what to say.

Also teleport seems glitched,

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2019
    Why is north of Jubilife City blocked off by a bunch of glitchy tiles?

I went and beat the first gym and it was still glitched off. I was heading back to Twinleaf Town when I noticed this.

The events seem to have restarted them self? I am able to get another starter pokemon, go through all the events afterwards. It's really odd, not even sure what to say.

Also teleport seems glitched,

Abra is a weird one, I'll look into it. There's a tale I'm missing I think.

There are so many glitches in this beta. The music is distorted and you can't go north of Jubilife City.

You can go north of Jubilife City as of now, download the newest Beta again, it is updated. And what music is distorted? I have quietened down all the music.

I really don't know why these glitches are occurring, I literally patched it, played it with no bugs, then released it...

Anyway now, you should be able to get to Vilstone City.

Report all bugs here or VM/PM and I'll fix em up.

Years
  • Forget what I said about the music.

Other glitches:

I can't buy items in any Pokemart. It won't let me talk to the guy.
    I can't leave the two houses (not the Flower Shop) in Floaroma Town.

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2019
    View attachment 74583

View attachment 74584

View attachment 74585

I can not go to pinwheel forest, takes me there and I can not get out .

Fixed!

Forget what I said about the music.

Other glitches:

I can't buy items in any Pokemart. It won't let me talk to the guy.
    I can't leave the two houses (not the Flower Shop) in Floaroma Town.

Fixed, and fixed.

I really think I need some Beta Testers. I also want to make these later release a whole lot faster now the time consuming stuff like pokemon entries and songs are done.

If you want to be a beta tester please send me a PM or VM and I'll put you in for the next one.

I plan to make the next beta finish at Snowce City, the last beta after the leaugue and a release of the full game after everything else!

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2017
    if you try to enter the Veilstone Gym sends you to a pokemon center with old man. Also if you try to go down the stairs
    or use the elevator in the Shopping, Game Corner, Galactic Building and you can't enter at Galactic Warehouse.

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2019
    if you try to enter the Veilstone Gym sends you to a pokemon center with old man. Also if you try to go down the stairs
    or use the elevator in the Shopping, Game Corner, Galactic Building and you can't enter at Galactic Warehouse.

At Cafe cabin also is the pervert old man.

Veilstone is where the beta ends, I thought that area was meant to be blocked off... oh well, I should smash out the areas real soon. Did you wanna be a tester for the later Beta's?

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2019
    Spoiler:

I'm thinking of having the water open in the future for additional areas, what other areas or parts of Sinnoh would everyone like to see in the region.

Also fixed that bug with teleport. Will be in the next release.

I'm also working on a challenge mode, where you can select the difficulty of the Trainers you face. Is this a feature you would like? Similar to Shiny Gold 5X except you can change the difficulty ingame.

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2019
    Introducing New Challenge System!

Shortly after the Veilstone Gym Leader, you will be asked to participate in a challenge mode; there are 4 difficulties (or none) and the game will become harder or easier depending on how you want to play.

Easy: Very simple, Trainers are slightly more difficult but won't really stop you from winning.

Intermediate: Challenging at first, will require more than 1 Pokemon as sweeping won't be effective in this mode.

Hard: Bring at least a team of 4 Pokemon to the field. Utilize the switches after knocking one out because these enemies will be fast and bulky. Will be returning to the Pokemon Centre at least once for every route you take.

Hacking Hard: Yep, the last mode is hacking hard. The enemies have about 510 EV's to start with, (80 in each stat) to start with, which may not seem like much but reaching the end of the game it will be TOUGH! Only for the keen players who really want a challenge!!!!

But this won't be for every single Trainer you battle, a couple here and there, mainly Gym Leaders and Significant Characters. You can also toggle the dificulty at the Pokemon Centre (talk to a guy) and you can change it. You will be recognized in the Elite 4 Hall of Fame for it too, so try your best to maintain the hardest mode.

Lastly, Veilstone City is complete. Too many tilesets to do but they are done! Check them out!

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2019
    It's cool that you've implemented the challenge modes. I'll definitely try it out when the next beta is released.

Thanks for the feedback, I also plan on putting in new features by FBI and all his ASM resource thread, but I don't know if everyone would like them all (eg Health regen etc).

I will be definitely putting in a special feature which no hack has done before yet but it will be a secret until the next beta!

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Since this hack is based on Gen IV on some ways, it would be really cool if you upgraded Fire Red's mechanics. For example:

-- Putting a pokemon with synchronise first in the party will make wild pokemon have the same nature 50% of the time.
    -- Passing down natures in breeding with everstones.

I don't know if implementing this is possible, but it would be really cool if you did. Either way though this hack looks amazing.

Years
  • Nice I really Like this Hack,Best Of Luck in Finishing it.
    BTW The Download is 16 mb Can You Put a Compress One It will be Easier ;)

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2019
    Since this hack is based on Gen IV on some ways, it would be really cool if you upgraded Fire Red's mechanics. For example:

-- Putting a pokemon with synchronise first in the party will make wild pokemon have the same nature 50% of the time.
    -- Passing down natures in breeding with everstones.

I don't know if implementing this is possible, but it would be really cool if you did. Either way though this hack looks amazing.

Yes it is possible, but I don't see the point in breeding in a hack. It's not an official game, so instead, I might make a script where you pay like $1,000 and you get max IV's for a Pokemon or something.

For your Gen VI requests, why not, I have already put in the Critical hit fix, and the catch wild pokemon exp gains. Although I might make it a feature that you can toggle between, such as 4 - 6 Gen mechanics.

Nice I really Like this Hack,Best Of Luck in Finishing it.
    BTW The Download is 16 mb Can You Put a Compress One It will be Easier ;)

The worst thing about the ROM was I had an all instrument patch from A00000 in the ROM, unfortunately I used that area so I had to put it 8MB later to make it easily compatible. I'll try compressing it for the next release however :) !

I'll be doing updates later today as well for the new Veilstone Mart!

Back