• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokémon Smash (April 15)

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    According to Serebii the Pokemon Smash episode covers many of what Coro Coro has already revealed, as well as Junichi Masuda doing a small playthrough of the first part of the game, revealing that Hiougi City is, as expected, a massive city.

There will apparently a video up shortly on another website.

This is extremely exciting. The more they update the more excited and anxious I get about the games.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    I was hoping for a better variety of water types at the beginning of the game out in the wild. Lo and behold, first pokemon they run into on the first route is an Azurill.
    Me gusta. Me gusta a lot.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Intro looks pretty awesome! I'm glad we weren't heavily trolled with this Pokémon Smash either.

I'm pretty excited to see the HQ video of the title screen though, would definitely like to get a better look of it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    Loved the playthrough! I honestly didn't expect them to show us that much, I thought it would just be walking around in the city for 10 seconds of something haha! The city is huge! Im so excited for the game!

This is where the rival battle happened:
    Pokémon Smash (April 15)

First route:
    Pokémon Smash (April 15)

Title Screen:
    Pokémon Smash (April 15)

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
    Wow, I'm really getting excited for these games now and we haven't even got the full details of them! Also where can this video be watched?

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    Bahhh, well that wasn't very much. I wasn't expecting anything huge from Smash, though.
    Glad to see we can name our rival.

I'd be interested in seeing translations of what Masuda said regarding the map. It was funny when they showed it, as everybody stopped and was like "Huh?"

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    Bahhh, well that wasn't very much. I wasn't expecting anything huge from Smash, though.
    Glad to see we can name our rival.

I'd be interested in seeing translations of what Masuda said regarding the map. It was funny when they showed it, as everybody stopped and was like "Huh?"

Really? I was actually surprised with what they showed us, I expected them to hardly show anything but they showed a decent amount of gameplay!

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
    Wish I would've seen it as it happened so I could be more hyped than what I am right now.

And Azurill being the first wild Pokemon they see? That's it; that why I want this game.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Not very much? You kiddin'? I haven't been this excited about a game since the entire site went on a frenzy believing that the new games were going to be R/S/E remakes. I'm legit stoked about all of this.
    The fact that we can name the rival makes it extra exciting, he will be known, as Bono!, and plus with older Pokemon from other generations in such an early spot makes it more exciting.
    I'm loving the look of the new routes and whatnot. Very scenic.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Did they show that the rival was nameable or did they just say it? If they showed it did they show the default names? I'd really like to know what he's called haha.

Super psyched about Azurill though. One of my favorite Pokemonnnnn.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Did they show that the rival was nameable or did they just say it? If they showed it did they show the default names? I'd really like to know what he's called haha.

Super psyched about Azurill though. One of my favorite Pokemonnnnn.

From what I've been reading so far, it has only been mentioned that you can name the rival. Of course if I actually watched the episode I'd know for sure.

And yeah, the thought of having a Tepig AND Azurill so early makes me super stoked. <3

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    They showed the rival in the introduction and there was a bar with two options for him, but I don't know what it meant.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    I'm pretty sure the girl that was playing gave the Rival a name if I remember correctly. The video should be up soon though so we'll see!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I don't wanna be too spoiled so just reading the information rather than watching. :3 Excited that Azurill is found early on, perhaps that implies that the water gym is also straight after the first city? But no route number? Saddd. :(

Raichupacabra

Villain
    Years
    Has anyone noticed Snivy has a different sprite? It opens its mouth and raises its head more often. It also seems like it jumps.

Also confirmed is the fact is that the rival has the most epic music ever. But really he has epic music.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Has anyone noticed Snivy has a different sprite? It opens its mouth and raises its head more often. It also seems like it jumps.

Also confirmed is the fact is that the rival has the most epic music ever. But really he has epic music.

Different Sprite? No.

Different Animation? Yes.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I like the look of the new town, and hurrah for the first route not appearing to be totally linear like last time (sure, it had the extra part to it via surf but until then it was fairly darn boring).

Back