• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SoulSilver hack: Pokémon Soul Silver English Translation Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2009
    Thanks

I tried without story translation and the whole experience was hollow despite me playing through the gold/silver/crystal campaign about 8 times in total. SO thank you for bringing us a 100% translation. Who knows maybe nintendo will get lazy and borrow your code to save some time :)

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    What is the point of Translating a game that has a 100% confirmation of being translated officially into English?

I understand games like Bahamut Lagoon and Mother 3, who had no chance in hell of ever being officially translated, but WHY a Pokemon game?

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
    You guys should really stop trolling his thread.
    He's doing it because he wants to, because some people want to play it NOW. And be able to understand it.
    And playing through G/S/C just to understand what's going on in HG/SS is both a waste of time and pointless since some, if not alot of the stuff has been changed.
    Look. He's translating it, so if you don't like it, instead of trolling his thread questioning him, just stay away from the thread.

Why do people feel the need to badly criticise someone because they're doing something that someone else doesn't want or thinks is pointless.
    You people need to give Magnius a break.
    He's doing some excellent work right now. He's on such a fast track that he could be done before the American/European release date.
    So leave him be and go about your business elsewhere and stop trolling his topic pointlessly pointing out things we already know but do not care to hear.

Magnius, I'm sorry they're giving you so much trouble. I'm really looking forward to what you can put out.
    Just ignore all the trolling and keep going, I believe you can do it.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    That's enough with questioning why he's doing it/responding to those questions - it's just getting the discussion off-topic from the translations themselves. If you want to question it/discuss it feel free to do it in VMs or PMs, but no more in this thread as it's just getting messy, please.

_Prince_

Pikachu?
    Years
    You're putting in great effort for those of us who wanna play these games in English asap, don't let other people being against you put you off.

Can't thank you enough =]

Magnius

Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
    Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2014
    This project seems like everyone is a bit impatient.
    An official nintendo translation is going to be released Spring 2010.

Not that I want to be a big buzz kill more than Buzz Killington, but really.

However, this is an neat Idea,
    And I do wish to best of luck, since it no easy task just translating an entire game.
    Spring 2010, when this will be half way done in a good month or so.

Don't want to play it don't play it.

I'm ignoring comments from people who don't support cause it's like, why are you posting in this thread? Clearly, trolling.

Switchblade

Steel Master.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2009
    Spring 2010, when this will be half way done in a good month or so.

Don't want to play it don't play it.

I'm ignoring comments from people who don't support cause it's like, why are you posting in this thread? Clearly, trolling.
    Exactly. Translated in 2 months or so compared to 6-8 months. There's a big difference. Even if this is done only 3 months before the official release thats a whole 3 months people who don't understand Japanese can play this game and appreciate/understand it.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    Well this is useful, to say the least. Good luck with translating the game for us! Though I hope you manage to finish before they start leaking the English ROM. xD

Johto Legend 17

A Legend of Johto
    Years
    Good luck with the project. By the way things are looking right now you miggt get this done no later than maybe 3 months! Also ignore all those annoying trolls....Thats exactly what I would do. Anyways good luck!

Years
    So that poll on "Will there be a fan translation?" is a definite yes then.

Good luck to you. It would be nice to know what to do by the US release next year. XD

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! ^_^

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2009
    What I would do: Convert the Hiragana into Romaji then use Google to translate to English. I would have to use what it gave me then so it would make a complete sentence, because Google doesn't take conjugation into account. It gives you a rough meaning

Boonzeet

Pokémon Secrets of the Ages Developer
    Years
    Yeah, using Google Translate as a basis would be optimal, then just change the grammar accordingly so it all makes sense.

Godspeed with you, I hope you get it done before christmas :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2020
    This project seems like everyone is a bit impatient.
    An official nintendo translation is going to be released Spring 2010.

Not that I want to be a big buzz kill more than Buzz Killington, but really.

However, this is an neat Idea,
    And I do wish to best of luck, since it no easy task just translating an entire game.

well you wait for it cuz i cant

SpiderJames

PSY!!!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2012
    Thank you so much for this!!!! Cant wait for my R4 to get in the mail :)

But perhaps Ill play it japanese, it will be like the first time I played Pokemon when I was 5, I could barely read :p so this could be a nice trip down memory lane on how hard Pokemon is when you cant read.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    1-2 months, that sounds pretty good. Keep at it, yo.

The trick i do is just watch to see if a route number comes up, if not i ignore it, i can find out when the mom buys you a new item as i just match up the name of the caller with the name at the top

That's a good idea. They're usually trainers wanting to battle right?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back